• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Invectus Institute [Superpowered School-Epic]

OppositeInverse

The Origin of The End.
Invectus (Latin) - To be ascended.

Remember that.

This is an interest check for an original powers based RP that will feature a school sort of like Hogwarts, but instead of a world of magic, there exists in the real world as we know it today a hidden society of individuals from all over the world that contain an extremely rare and abnatural source of power in their body. These individuals aren't aware of the power they have inside of them, until they receive an invitation from a very elite institution of higher education, Invectus. They nor their families will find much about it on the internet or from knowledge, only that the school lies within the top 1% of academic studies on the entire planet. Not knowing that despite that being true, there's more to this school than is being told, and for the individual's sake, it will usher them into a new reality they'd never expect. That they, have powers capable of ascending mankind. Characters can be from ALL walks of life and all over the world, so long as their age group is 16-20 years old. Invectus Institute will consist of three houses for students to be fated to, you may not choose a house until you make a CS, in which there will be an IC test/questionnaire in order to properly sort your character. From there, depending on the house, I as GM will randomly assign your character with an ability based on the said house. Do not PM asking for a certain power or to expect a certain ability. The accordion below will explain a bit of the lore and detail behind it. The tone for this Rp will be grounded yet epic, as the granduer of superpowers will mix with a tone of real world society and lifestyle.

DO NOT COMMIT IF YOU ARE NOT IN THIS FOR LONG TERM, AS THERE WILL BE SEVERAL ARCS OF DEEP, STORY DRIVEN EVENTS.

If you've made it this far, you may now proceed to click below for more info ;)

Welcome to Invectus.

You don't know where it came from, nor how they got your number... but as you look upon the envelope with your name entitled, and nothing but a golden seal with an "I' on the back, you could only help but wonder what was calling to you from the universe. Not knowing that your life was about to change forever. In the wake of your current school life leading up to now, it'd always been the same. Social cliques, homework, drama, or lack of, bells ringing, bus rides... but the moment you opened that letter, that very moment... your reality shattered forever. And something else took its place. Invectus Institute.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THE THREE HOUSES

Each of these houses represent the makeup of a soul. For these are the components of the living essence. Your house will determine what gifts you will receive during The Weaving.

HOUSE VOCIFER
193302613c4a9dd54bdee52a4a20351a84c547fa.jpg

The house representing the Body of an essence. It is here where the gifted reside with the Evoplasm in their blood. Beings exhibit superb bodily abilities. (Superstrength, Superspeed, Regeneration, Organic abilities, etc.)

HOUSE MENTIFER
f6027ffb1792a66dc339d26b7e03f2fd.jpg

The house representing the Mind of an essence. It is here where the gifted reside with the Evoplasm in their brain. Beings exhibit superb mental abilities. (Telekinesis, Clairvoyance, Telepathy, Teleportation, Probability Manipulation, Mimicry, mental manipulations/abilites, etc.)

HOUSE PATHIFER
Tribal+Tatoo+Designs+240.jpg

The house representing the Spirit of an essence. It is here where the gifted reside with the Evoplasm on a subatomic level. Beings exhibit superb spiritual and intuitive abilities. (Empathy, Phasing, Astral Projection, Gravity Manipulation, Time manipulation, intuitive manipulations/ abilities, etc.)

TERMS

Evoplasm - A evolutionary hidden microcell that contains subatomic particles, tachyons, and dark matter makeup. Discovered by Maximus Invectus in the 1800s.
Potent - Anyone who carries the Evoplasm within them.
Vis - The individual ability or power of a student, staff, or Evoplasm carrier. This is what separates them from any other being / Potent.
The Weaving - The process of activating your Evoplasm inside you to open the conduit for your abilities and gifts. Only done once fated to your House.
Sigil - The logo of the three houses; broken down into the totality of life. Heart for the Body, Eye for the Mind, and Eternal Flame for the Spirit. The Institute allows tattoos of The Sigils once fated to a House.
Praeter Oriri Prioribus Surrexit - The Invectus Institute's motto; it means "Rise past the risen."
Apex
- Used to denote a student, staff, or individual whose Vis has been marked as critical in potency.

RULES:

1. The main one. Respect RPN and its rules.

2. Any questions or intrigue about the plot or story come to me! I love hearing ideas even if we don't incorporate them.

3. OOC will be friendly and respectful. IC be extra and add flair all you'd like BUT...

4. BE REASONABLE. Realistically adapt and grow into abilities and make logical choices. You can control weather? Know that you will not begin with master powers or creating storms at will. Go into a very secure Army base tossing fireballs alone? Your IC has ended lol.

5. I do not mind if you guys subplot romance. Just keep it PG-13.

6. Try to have UNIQUE characters. For some reason people love power based or martial arts based characters. As much interest as this RP go to I can tell you now EVERYONE WILL NOT MAKE IT. If you want to make a combat character go ahead just flesh them out. I will not begin approval process until I see and feel good about your CS sheet. Only those that are approved will get an ability. If you do not make the cut, or if you don't even want to have a powered character speak to me about a support role and I'll see what I can do.

7. If you didn't know from the InCheck, the process for selecting abilities will be RANDOMIZED so don't ask me for any request please :)
If you don't like you power you'll just have to find a way to cope. Side note: I will NOT change random power no matter how weak or overpowered it is. Once it's yours, it's yours.

8. If you cannot post due to IRL or other reasons please post in consideration of everyone else. I'm interpreting this RP to go relatively fast pace wise not too speedy, so if you need assistance ask and you shall receive! And...

9. If you do fall too far behind or get in a hole you cant climb out of that doesn't mean you're done for. Unless you're intentionally a jerk or going against the tide of the plot, you can get back up to pace.

10. If you band together, or fight amongst each other IC, coordinate with each other as I will be overseeing those situations with a final outcome, but stay true to character and abilities. Don't force it just because you wanna "be great"

11. HAVE FUNNNNNNNN!!!!!

12. I will attach a spoiler on the end of the CS sheet that will consist of a test like questionnaire. Won't be too long but it will be used to sort your characters IC to their House for abilities.

13. Now, if you read, accept, and understand all rules: At the end of your CS phase, write a sentence mentioning a favorite comic book character in a fashion that would be true to your character.

Last edited:
This sounds absolutely amazing. I love the idea of GM given/randomized powers.
It's too tempting to pass up. Consider my interest yours!

I am very interested.
I am also interested, I can't wait to see what you have planned for this rp.
This sounds absolutely amazing. I love the idea of GM given/randomized powers.
It's too tempting to pass up. Consider my interest yours!
Interested
Interested~!
Wow seriously guys thanks so much I was worried people wouldn't like the idea. I have to reinforce though that I'm really looking for long term and dedicated people for this because this is essentially the start of an expansive universe and story. Not saying you guys aren't at all, I've just really put a lot of effort into RP's in the past only for people to just vanish.

I'm interested as well! Interesting premise, and very well thought out from what I've seen.

Long-term as well as planned arcs are two of the three driving reasons I had to post my interest.

I agree, not many rps last long, but I like your motivation for this rp which was a plus for me to be interested. Trust me I have been lucky to have my rps that have been going for a while now, but it's always fun to join one that you don't have to gm.

I’d like to state my interest, for many reasons that others have already mentioned. I’ve got some hope for this and enjoy how fleshed out it is.

Firstly, to everyone that's expressed interest for this RP I genuinely want to say thank you. Sometimes people associated with me has said I think too hard or too deeply about these sorts of things and that no one would really like them. You guys just proved they were wrong. The cast for the First Arc has been assembled and is now closed for further invites, however in the event of forethinking circumstances, I would encourage you all to stick around and watch the IC thread in case a slot opens up.

I'm also developing the Second Arc for the story as well and it will feature new characters, so GhostLethal GhostLethal -robert- -robert- Ya Boi Ya Boi and flapjack flapjack you guys will be the very first ones I reach out to when this happens.

The CS will be up today once the House Test is finished. Thanks again all <3

Firstly, to everyone that's expressed interest for this RP I genuinely want to say thank you. Sometimes people associated with me has said I think too hard or too deeply about these sorts of things and that no one would really like them. You guys just proved they were wrong. The cast for the First Arc has been assembled and is now closed for further invites, however in the event of forethinking circumstances, I would encourage you all to stick around and watch the IC thread in case a slot opens up.

I'm also developing the Second Arc for the story as well and it will feature new characters, so GhostLethal GhostLethal -robert- -robert- Ya Boi Ya Boi and flapjack flapjack you guys will be the very first ones I reach out to when this happens.

The CS will be up today once the House Test is finished. Thanks again all <3

Sure thing! Thanks for leaving the door open for us. Can't wait to join in!

*Peeks in*

I might get in, but I'm not known to be super active posting wise~

If this RP is a bit slow paced I'll join

Users who are viewing this thread

Back