The Inn at the Edge of the World (OOC)

Also, is there some kind of common greeting their company would have used to hail each other while on night watches?

See, this just has me looking up medieval pictures of what Europeans thought exotic animals looked like without reference, and it's hilarious.

Crocodiles seem to be giving them particular trouble...

People back then didn't have the magic of Google, they only had word of mouth. And lord knows people suck at describing things, don't we?

What sort of nickname?

And for some reason none of my images wish to work correctly. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured if Sam actually knew what they were, he'd call her a Llama cos her spitting reminded him of them! But he's never been to the South so that idea holds no ground! Quiet it is~

Y'know Abram might actually offer to help with that if she doesn't intentionally piss him off. He's no scholar but he's literate at the very least, certainly able to help someone learn their letters.

KamiKahzy said:
Y'know Abram might actually offer to help with that if she doesn't intentionally piss him off. He's no scholar but he's literate at the very least, certainly able to help someone learn their letters.
He's got no Academics, so he's not actually literate.

Ah hell, did I fuckup with that?

Would it be too much to ask for a quick retcon? I can move some points around pretty easily.

Still curious about that greeting though, I'd like to make sure Abram doesn't get shot looking for a place to warm himself and his horse.

Something similar to what they used in Band of Brothers. When the Americans say 'Flash', friendlies are supposed to respond with 'Thunder'. I imagine this is a very old tactic and would probably be used by proffesional mercs as well.

That's not a bad idea. Also a test password in case any shape-shifter decides to impersonate anyone. (Will need a silent version for our lovely resident mute!)

I think for the moment, provided you don't try and kill anyone or act shifty in general, you should be fine. I don't think there is a generalised friendly word of hailing amongst mercenaries, or if there was, Grey'd know it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back