The Inn at the Edge of the World (OOC)

So is there any other information we can glean from this guy? Or would we have to roll for that?

Also I'm assuming he's on the other side of the barricade right now, yes?

It's not a barricade. It's a line of evenly spaced iron spikes. It could at best be called a low fence, but really, it's just two parallel lines of stakes.

But yeah, naked, seemingly afraid, seemingly alone. Anything else, yeah, roll investigation. Or ask him. -shrugs- All up to you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then that's what I'm gonna do. Rolling for Intuition/Investigaion to see what I can gather about this guy. Particularly looking for any specific markings on his body (tattoos, brands, noticable scars), indications of health, and looking to see if his fear is genuine or forced.

[dice]15617[/dice]

Aaaand that's 3 fails, I can't glean shit.

Seriously, whoever designed this system is a sadist. The average odds of you getting a success are 1 in 6, and even if you're lucky and find yourself in a situation that plays to your special talents, at best you'll bring that up to a 35% or 40% chance. Hell a 50/50 shot is a godsend in most conditions.

I didn't intend it to be that punishing. I'm just horrible at math and in playtesting I've never seen a run of catastrophic failures.

That may be, but right now the odds of success seem rather stacked against the players with the math as it is. And there's nothing wrong with failures, I like failure when it happens in story and I have to work around it. But failures are tiring if you dont get success to even them out, yknow?

It's not really a failure, that's sort of implying the exact opposite of what you want happening. It's more like varying degrees of not-success

Also for reference, without any modifiers to the difficulty of a roll, the odds of a success are less than 20%. Frankly, that's a bad statistic to me. No gambler in their right mind would ever bet on odds like that to succeed.

Completely legit. Can I roll investigation again to see if Ealhstan can see anything ablut this guy which might suggest supernatural stuff?

Btw, what's this guy's physique like? Is he fat, skinny, balding, full head of hair? That kinda thing.

Silvertongued said:
Sure. Lore/Investigation and Intuition/Intellect.
Still getting the hang of the system, so hoping these were the right rolls to make... Whatever happens, not exactly glorious performance from our Inquisitor, hope the critical fail doesn't end up with him declaring an innocent man a fairy and lynching him...

[dice]15620[/dice]

[dice]15621[/dice]

Wait, hairy in general..? Naked..? In the middle of a magical and highly dangerous wood..? Werewolf, calling it now. Ready your silver bullets people.

The moon's already been out for a few hours now, so unless he was recently turned I'm not so sure about that. Besides, who's actually seen a werewolf before?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back