• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Infinite Macabre

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
"In ascending to the stars, we traded a world of darkness for an entire galaxy. Only the light of the Watchtowers can lead us safely through the dismal void we have come to inhabit - and remember that between the stars, we are always close to the Abyss."
Guardian Ollanius Visser, Consilium Commencement, 10AE

The precise date of mankind's exodus is lost, and few consider it relevant now. No, what really gets people talking is why. It is the year 1021 Consilium Calendar, roughly one thousand five hundred years since..., well.

They say that once humanity found the tools to colonize new worlds, the Forsaken wanted us gone...

They say that the space race was the Mekhet's long game, to escape the sun...

They say the Mages felt the pull of the Watchtowers, out in the Void...

Well, whatever the reason, we got into space and then we went to war. Bringing a little human nature to the stars. Making it feel like home, perhaps. The end result is that werewolves rule Earth, and mankind has to share system real estate with vampires. The mages, for their part, decided keeping the peace was one of the best uses of their abilities, and the Consilium set about advising - and manipulating - the various factions.

But space isn't safe, regardless of how quiet it may seem. The only way between distant stars is effected by the Dolmens, huge circular stone artifacts locked still in space. Made of some unknown material; carved with symbols that make your eyes itch and faces that trouble your heart, they open the path to The Dismal Void; the space below space where travel is faster but terrible things may find you. Screw up your use of the gates, and you might find yourself in The Hedge, a hellish, nonsensical realm where it is claimed some hideous alien presence lurks. A malevolent intelligence that doesn't just wait for you, but snatches people from their ships without warning. Sometimes it even lets them go.

So that's where we are now; spread out across space with wolves camping in our old home, rubbing elbows with the undead and jaunting through hell to go faster than light.

-----------------------------------------------

MOAR SETTING HERE: http://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-infinite-macabre.47543/

A space opera/horror hybrid combining all current World of Darkness lines, to various degrees. Players will crew a small spacecraft (tentatively, referentially, The Burning Moth), exploring the galaxy and doing jobs as their loyalties and needs dictate. I would like six players, no less and few more.

Prior knowledge of the World of Darkness is an asset but not a requirement, as long as you're willing to learn.

Depending on pickup, I may cram this into a thread roleplay format to spare the administrative costs.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're all technically human, but I'll be allowing one werewolve, mage, vampire, changeling, sin-eater, and a regular human.

I'll probably go for vampire, Clan Mekhet to be precise. It's going to be interesting to see how you balance out the different spats considering the power levels involved.

Edit: By power levels, I meant in the sense of versatility.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll need to think about that and read it myself (I've had it for a little while but it's been a busy week), so I'll let you know. Odds are low, with what I already know.

Updated with a link to the setting doc which may be revised soon because I wrote it years ago.

I'm going to say no, having read some of the book. But I will run Demon: The Descent as-is sometime this year - there's a thread of me brewing ideas somewhere in the Roleplay Discussion forum.

Make that five. This feels a lot like darkening skies in SPAAAACE. I'll come up with something suitable

With only three of your definitely in, that's a maybe. I'd prefer five players.

I figured they were all busy, and this will get too grisly for a couple of them. You can always suggest it if you want any of them in specifically. Or do what some of my other players have done and accost people in the shoutbox.

I can't see how grisly isn't a good thing...

Also I'm fairly far along with my Sin Eater. I'm having trouble with a cause of death though ( I know, critical) I just need to think of something horrible and fairly heavy with a SCI FI feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back