The Infected (A Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay) [Inactive]

Queen Rai

Self Proclaimed Queen of RPNation
Rai-Chan submitted a new role play:

The Infected (A Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay) - How will you survive?

Oh, God...they're everywhere...

Everywhere you go, death is lingering in the air...you can smell it. The rotting flesh of th unfortunate people who couldn't defend themselves...you'd better run, they'll turn soon.

Five years ago, the word "infected" would simply mean someone who was sick.

Five years ago, things were normal.

Five years ago, there were humans, alive and well, bustling the streets of this now abandoned city.

Five years ago...zombies didn't exist....
Read more about this role play... 
((@Flux540 , @Ember Bare , @Joker , @Monokuma , @Kitsotomaru , @Retribution ))

((Begin posting :D ))

"This should get the Z's attention. Alright Ram Jam do your magic. Hmm, track 3." E.J. quietly spoke to himself as he inserted a Ram Jam CD into a abandoned car. He made sure he turned the key on so that the power would come on instead of the engine. He was in a downtown part of a city and trying to move a horde of zombies to this location so he could get into a mall. He opened all of the doors and pressed play before getting the hell out of dodge.

The sounds of electric guitars and the steady beat of drums kinda made E.J. nod his head. The plan was working and he could see the zombies start to turn and stagger towards the car. It was a large horde, easily around 35 walking Z's all marching towards the car. E.J. stayed out of sight holding his SCAR and mouthing the words of Black Betty. When most of the horde was around the car, he grabbed a package of C4 and threw it into car the best he could and took off sprinting down the street. They didn't notice him due to the music covering his footsteps and jingle jangle of his gear. When he was out of the blast radius he pulled the detonator out and flipped the switch. He felt the blast go through his body but didn't bother to see the damage. He could hear the limbs and chunks of decaying meat hit the pavement but he had one thing on his mind, the mall.

The Friday morning rush wasn't so much of a rush no more since there no body around to rush. The sun was still high above the world, and the its rays were streaking through the openings of the mall ceiling. He held his weapon close to his chest with his finger at the side of the trigger. Being here in California, in a unknown town, was difficult, the prize was getting a reliable map in this mall. He got on his radio and sighed before pressing down on the button to speak. "I made it in. Horde destroyed." - "Good. We're pulling up soon to your location just sit tight."

Sit tight, those were the words. E.J. nodded his head and placed the radio back into his pocket and looked around for a great staging point if he needed to defend himself. He got behind a counter and looked around before taking his beanie off his shaved head. He allowed his hand to rest on the weapon while he looked back outside seeing the debris of five years. This world has gone to hell.

Laela stepped over the decaying flesh of what might have been a dog as she walked down the street. She paused, and glanced behind her.

"Poor thing couldn't run fast enough." she sighed, shaking her head at the mutt as she resumed walking.

She nearly jumped out of her skin when the sound of heavy metal music blasted through the air, tearing the silence.

"God!" she yelped, putting a hand on her gun. "Damn idiot better know how to run like hell."

After thinking a moment, she muttered, "I should probably get out of here..."

The soldier sighed before taking out a pair of binoculars from his back and placed them to this eyes. He took a few moments to scan the area, taking his time to look at each detail. Just as he panning side to side he noticed something walking his way. It was a female, she didn't look infected but she did have a gun. It was another survival, he had a secondary objective and that was to help any survivors. He placed his binoculars back to his back and hopped over the counter and took out a signaling mirror and attempted to get her attention. He kept flashing the suns reflection on her hoping she'd see it.

Laela noticed something...flashing.

"What in the--?"

She looked up, sheilding her eyes, and saw a person. She narrowed her eyes and stepped back, hand still on her gun. She slowly took another step back, and glanced at an alley beside her. She looked back up at him, then darted into the alley.

"Ha, as if." she muttered as she ran.

Noel walked in his stronghold, currently holed up in a hardware section of a shopping center. As he heard the sounds of rock-n-roll, he began to feel nostalgic. He rocked his head back and forth to the steady beat, only to stop immediately once he knew what could lead to that. "Walkers. Oh no. Oh hell. I'm gonna die here..." He said, his paranoia getting to him. Noel brandished his rifle and the rest of his gear and sprinted off to the doors, hiding and waiting for any danger that could lead to the end of his life.

Woah, Black Betty, bam-ba-lam. Woah, Black Betty! bam-ba-lam. Black Betty had a child, bam-ba-lam, The damn thing gone wild, bam-ba-lam

A loose cigarette burned like a signal fire out of the corner of the older man's mouth as he walked down the street, taking in his surroundings with heavy eyes. He had no intention of going out today, but after two days inside with no water, it looked as though it was time to move on.

She said, "I'm worryin' outta mind" bam-ba-lam, the damn thing gone blind, bam-ba-lam. I said Oh, Black Betty, bam-ba-lam, Woah! Black Betty, bam-ba-lam

Whise caught the sound in the air, his broken expression peering about with a look of apprehension as he laid his hand on the hilt of his revolver, taking in what he could about the situation. It sounded as though the sound was coming from down the street of his destination: The Mall. Water was his first priority and second was moving along up to Oregon, then to Washington, then Canada. The silvering man was no expert on biology, but he figured that if these things circulatory system was fried then maybe in the winter they might just up and freeze, that is assuming that they aren't kept warm by some kind of ungodly means. A pair of them walked onto the road, heading towards the noise, causing the man to dart into the ally way nearest to him. Revolver in one hand and hand-crowbar in the other, he prepared to go out when they were out of sight, when he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. A quick turn on his heels and he faced the individual with pistol cocked and trigger finger tight, but he was caught, not by the sight of one of the dead, but the living, as he looked upon Laela.

Laela leaned heavily on the alley wall, yanking down her hood to reveal her long, platinum hair coiled up in a tight bun which was secured by an arrangement of braids and knots. She let her backpack slip off her shoulders as she sunk to the ground, panting.

She took her gun and quickly reloaded. If that man back there had seen her, he would probably be along shortly to dispose of her. She had come across groups like that. Once they were found, any outsider was to be shot.

"Dammit..." she growled, noticing her ammunition was dangerously low. She'd never be able to shoot her was out of the city with what she had left.

She ran her gloved hand over her forehead as beads of sweat formed. It was a hot day, and the California sun was unforgiving. Despite having taken off and discarded every article of clothing she could afford to lose, she was still burning up. Her sunburns were beginning to peel, and she hadn't anything to put on it.

"Dammit!" she said again, pounding her fist on the ground.

[QUOTE="Rai-Chan]Laela leaned heavily on the alley wall, yanking down her hood to reveal her long, platinum hair coiled up in a tight bun which was secured by an arrangement of braids and knots. She let her backpack slip off her shoulders as she sunk to the ground, panting.
She took her gun and quickly reloaded. If that man back there had seen her, he would probably be along shortly to dispose of her. She had come across groups like that. Once they were found, any outsider was to be shot.

"Dammit..." she growled, noticing her ammunition was dangerously low. She'd never be able to shoot her was out of the city with what she had left.

She ran her gloved hand over her forehead as beads of sweat formed. It was a hot day, and the California sun was unforgiving. Despite having taken off and discarded every article of clothing she could afford to lose, she was still burning up. Her sunburns were beginning to peel, and she hadn't anything to put on it.

"Dammit!" she said again, pounding her fist on the ground.

[/QUOTE]
You're missing something :P

[QUOTE="Rai-Chan]((She hasn't seen your character :P ))
((I assumed he was sort of further away xD ))

[/QUOTE]
Oh! Whoops, my mistake xD

The blinking man looked upon the young woman, taken by a tad surprise as she dropped down before him, searching through whatever it may be that she sought. Taking a quick glance at the girl she seemed to be doing decently well for herself, besides the miriad of burns that covered her from the noonday Californian sun. The man stood there for a few moments in silence before finally taking in the whole situation, taking into account that the girl was checking her weapons ammunition and her weapon in general. He wasn't coldblooded, but he was not idiot either and wasn't one to simply let a person he didn't know swing a gun around near him, even if it was a girl.

"Hey," The being began, awaiting her acknowledgment before continuing, "drop your shit. Slow." Whise was prepared to shoot her, but wasn't certain about how she would react, and thus it would probably be better to be safe than sorry.

"You know what that explosion was?" He continued.

Laela's head snapped up at the voice, and her fingers coiled around her weapon. She blinked at him, stunned. She slowly placed her gun on the ground and rose carefully, her hands up at him.

"No idea..." she stuttered. The image of the boy flashing a mirror at her popped into her head...he was probably the one who started the ridiculously loud heavy metal.

"Look, I don't want any trouble..." she said calmly, glancing down at her weapon, then back at him. She slowly reached down with one hand for her pocket knife, keeping the other up.

"I'm just going to pick up my gun..." she said, stretching out the words. "And I'm going to be on my--"

Laela's eyes widened at the side of a drooling, stinking walker. Have of it's face was decayed, and it's mouth hung open. It gave an ominous, gurgling groan.

And lightening fast, she whipped out her knife and threw it directly into the walker's throat, knocking it back.

"Shoot it!"

More of them would be coming any minute now, and Whise was well aware that he couldn't just hold this girl at gunpoint forever, hell even this long was dangerous. He had two options in front of him, kill her and be done with it, or let her live and drag her along by the ear essentially so she wouldn't alert anyone to his presence so he doesn't get killed. He kept his Smith & Wesson locked on her as she slowly reached down for the weapon before her, but he kept his eyes checking her own, which made his decision for him. The man twisted around and cranked it over the head with his hand-crowbar, sending it twisting to the ground with a painful crunch, conserving his ammunition and keeping decently quiet.

Giving it another quick bludgeon over the head, the older man breathed, in light exasperation, before turning towards the girl to give her his two cents on exactly what just occurred,

"You know I could have just shot you in the goddamn head, right? What the hell is this just throwing knifes around, you could have just said it was there." The man leaned up against the building wall for a moment in his frustration, muttering slurs under his breath.

"Thank you," he concluded in a frustrated, but accepting tone.

Laela kept her eyes on the dead walker and muttered, "My hand was already at the knife, and I was already going to throw at your stomach. Just a change of aim. The thing probably saved your life."

She crouched down and picked up her gun and backpack. She pulled up her hood and said, "I suppose you can't kill me now, huh? Considering that walker would have sunk it's disgusting teeth into you unless I did something, huh?"

She leaned back once again and looked him over.

"I'm Laela." she said.

Paranoia struck Noel's mind even worse, causing him to begin thinking. What if they're better equipped? What if they're raiders? He fled outside through a backdoor in his "stronghold". Upon his sights fell two people and a dead walker. His mind triggered him to pull his rifle and utter "Freeze". Noel breathed heavily as he kept his sights on the two. "How many are out there?" He questioned them, shaking ever-so-slightly.

Laela turned her head towards the unthreatening voice to see an obviously young boy. She raised an eyebrow, and said with a smile, "A boy so young carrying a gun like that isn't something you see every day."

She kept her weapon heaved on her shoulder to signal she meant no harm.

"How many?" she sighed. "People or walkers? Ha, walkers are outnumbering the people, I can tell you that much, kid."

"This thing is still loaded you know?" Whise threatened in frustration, raising his pistol lazily as he looked towards her. The light on his cigarette brightened as he took in a long drag, he took it out of his mouth, grabbing it between the thumb and index finger of the hand with the crowbar, ashing it like a burning log snapping at the coals.

"You're lucky I smoke." The old man holstered his gun and ran a hand through his hair.

"I'm Whise. I would say it's a pleasure but there's plenty of unpleasant aspects of our meeting so far. Let's just hope..."

He was cut off as a young boy crashed through the door with a rifle, and he was quick to the draw, aiming at the young man. But before he could speak out, Leala did and he lowered his pistol.

"Well kid, the world's gone to shit. How many do YOU think there are?"

"Age isn't something to be considered a factor anymore. It's wit." He muttered. "And I'm not a kid. I'm Noel." He said, still shouldering his rifle. "Judging by the explosion's time, more walkers are gonna be crawling out here." Noel started to ramble on about his theory, only to cut himself before they get tired and pop a bullet in his skull. "I digress. It's gonna be hell out here. I've got the mall secure." He said, keeping the door open and his eyes locked on them. "Hurry."

Laela's let out a snort of laughter, and almost asked him if he was crazy. Before she could, she began thinking...he was right. More walkers would be circling the mall any minute, and judging by her lack of ammunition, she wouldn't survive five minutes. And she had already survived five years, and it wasn't going to end there. Besides, her sunburns needed treating, and she thought nobody would think to grab the sunscreen. Though most pain killers would be gone, prevention of further burns was priority.

"Fine." she agreed. "But this doesn't make any of us allies, you got it? After I grab what I need and figure out a way to clear the bastards up, I'm out."

She started to make her way to the mall's enterance.

"Fine by me. I'm just trying to save a couple lives." He said. After all,who knows when you're gonna need help. "There's a directory right outside of Old Navy, in case you need anything." Noel advised. He lead them into his stronghold, formerly known as Black and Decker. "Hardware section is mine, if you're thinking of making a base of your own. Find another spot. And, lady and gentlemen, welcome to Casa del Noel Estheim."

Laela looked around with a raised eyebrow. She nodded approvingly, but then muttered, "This is too good to be true..."

She glanced at Noel suspiciously and said, "What are you playing at, kid? In this world, you don't give anything without getting something. Tell me. What do you want?"

Daniel was in dire need of food. He has been walking and hiding all around the place like a cockroach. But the difference between him and a normal cockroach was, he was well armed. He has his hunting knife with him, whenever someone, or something comes near to grab him. He could just take out the knife, hidden from his back and give a swift stab to the head. And he has his Colt peacemaker to take out when things get too ugly, shooting with this was easy for him as he was using this gun when he was back in the force. And when it comes to long range, he has is compound bow, able to take out nearly anyone if shot in the head or through the lungs. Unlike bullets, these were more quiet, but more difficult to handle as you have to adjust the angle to take a shot.

During his sweet and short walk in search of food. He found himself standing in front of a convenience store, he then took this chance to take a little peek inside even though it was breaking his rule of " Never go inside buildings that are not boarded " meaning if the building's windows aren't boarded with a plank, he could easily be overwhelmed with flesh eating bastards. But he needed food quickly, so he decided he would take a quick peek.

"Society. Order. Life. Isn't that what a normal sixteen year old would want? Of course, I'm no ordinary sixteen year old, am I? Living in hell, building, thriving in my own madness." He answered simply. "I want to live normally. And I'm gonna see it through to this plague's end, or die trying." Said Noel, currently weaponizing a circular saw on a hockey stick with batteries and electrical tape. "And I'm sure I can be of use to you in a way."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back