• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Immortal General

Argus

Sinker of Ships
The continent of Veilimun is home to a variety of races Orcs, dark elves, elves, dwarves, humans, vampires, werewolfs, even a few lich are known to be in existence. Humans being one of the more populated races united under one banner and king when no other race would. Through that they were able to negotiate a treaty between all the races using its newfound power as leverage to establish a fragile peace. Needless to say the peace only acted as a brief period for nations to rebuild their war torn armies, before long the militarys were replenished and each nation was looking for an excuse to put their forces to good use.

One such opportunity would arise when the human kingdom faced an internal threat when a pretender contested the kings throne. The upsur is considered by most a religious zealot, who preaches human supremacy above all other races. Many thought the rebellion would be easily quelled but attack after attack on the rebels failed and the pretender began taking ground. His cause gaining more and more legitimacy with the more territory taken and each battle won. The victories accredited to someone only known as the immortal general, a man shrouded in mystery.

A religion fueled prejudice human uprising was a cause of great concern for other races, causing tensions to flare up. The dwarves and elves feuded about how they should handle the situation, whilst Orc tribes fell back into the habit of raiding their neighbors. The dark elves saw it as an opportunity to grab land and the vampires did as they always did and hid away, always watching. The continent is on the brink of war.

This is a super basic outline for a high fantasy roleplay I'v been wanting to do to see if it drew any interest! The character I would be playing is the Immortal General, the man in charge of the church-state human forces and who is accredited for all their success. A person with unnatural military prowess and whose death would be seen by many as a way to reestablish order.

As for who you would be playing I leave that completely up to you! You could be a mercenary who works with him, an assassin of any race to kill him, a new Captian under his command, or someone sent to spy on him. Literally anything you want to do just run it by me! (Try to stay away from helpless characters but nothing is set in stone if you have a great idea) Even though I have an general outline for the plot we can make changes as we go and I can even add base races if there is one you would like to play not listed.

I'll be up front with you the character I am playing is overwhelming powerful for reasons that you will find out during the rp or I can spoil it up front if you would be more comfortable with knowing :P it's all plot driven and has an over arching story I promise and it will be tastefully done. Also this can have a romantic subplot but it would only be MxF. Just know this is darker themed and I don't plan on it ending well xD

I was torn between doing this as a 1x1 or a group roleplay so if anyone thinks this is better as a group rp please voice your opinion!

Now on to requirements, in retrospect I should've done this first but hey you would only have read this far if you were really interested or just really bored! First off my reply times can be sporadic because life and stuff but I welcome you poking me and staying on me about replies, it's something I really don't mind. With that being said I think I would prefer one reply a week or more, completely up to you. For post lengths and writing requirements (as you can see I'm not the greatest writer) I would say 1-5 decent paragraphs a post works for me. I usually average 3-5 but hey it depends on what's happening. If you can give me one paragraph that's stellar enjoyable go for it. As long as it's something fun for the both of us I'd say we are doing good work. As far as dropping goes you can stop replying at any time and not notify me no bad blood, I mean I would prefer you did but hey it's not something I get overly bothered about. I'm a sub-par writer that hopfully you can put up with ;D I think that's it thank you for reading my post and listing to my ramblings!

On one final note I will prob only be doing this rp with one person (maybe more as I am a marshmallow and if someone really shows interest I prob won't say no >.>) so I would like to hear what you have planned beforehand and what character you would be playing and how they fit into the story.

If you wouldn't mind another partner for this i really like the idea. Since this is kind of religious based i think it'd be fun to play some sort of paladin type character who sees yours as blessed by her god. And because of this she tries to protect him during his campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back