• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Hymn of Hermosa (A Disney-Based RP!) OOC2

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Moonlit Wishes

Blue Princess
1585767332128.png
In an alternate dimension, there was a world where all of the characters from the beloved Disney Classic Animated films resided. From Snow White to Moana, from Simba to Bambi, all lived in harmony and peace in various different lands and continents that were very similar to the ones on Earth. They have all since lived through their stories and concluded them, all of their respective villains having been defeated for good. It seemed like things couldn't get any better, but they were certainly about to take a turn for the worst.

One moonless night, in the kingdom where Sleeping Beauty resides, a mysterious sorceress from another world arrived. While it is unclear of exactly where she came from and how she came to discover the existence of this world, her basic mission seemed clear: she would use her mastery over the Dark Arts to resurrect the dead villains and give them a second chance at life as well as another chance to finally get their own happy endings. She admired and adored all of these antagonists and wanted to not only help them, but join their ranks as well.

While she succeeded in bringing the villains back to life, the spell suddenly backfired on her, and she along with all of the heroes and villains of this world completely vanished without a trace.

So, where the Hell did they all go?
1585767366819.png

Located near the Olympic National Forest in Washington State, USA, is a small town by the name of Hermosa. It is run by the (not very) Honorable Mayor Sybille Leblanc, a woman in her mid-30s of both beauty and brains, who runs this small town with an iron fist. Everyone abides by her strict (and honestly unfair) rules: curfew at nine o'clock at night, no large social gatherings of leisure except on the weekends WITH special written permission from her, no public displays of affection allowed which include holding hands and even lingering eye contact, and martial law could be enacted at her discretion at any time as she sees fit to do so.

Even the only movie theater in town play films that are only approved by Miss Sybille, and the movies she does approve of are not interesting in the slightest. Saying the wrong thing at the wrong time could land someone in the local jail if they piss her off enough. From the school's curriculum to every book in the library and even down to the food and drinks served in the town's restaurants, ALL must be approved by the mayor herself, and of course, she only approves of things to her personal taste...which many of the residents find to be bland, unimaginative and lifeless.

The town is dull, dreary and there's hardly anything worthwhile to do - and as much as a certain select number of the town's residents want to leave, they feel strangely spiritually bound to this small town and are unable to just pack up and leave, as if some invisible force is keeping them all here, much to their dismay. To try and leave town means severe chest and head pain, as well as possibly passing out for several hours or even days thanks to an energy field around the town's perimeter that prevents certain people from leaving (only those with the souls of Disney/Pixar characters).

To this day, no one knows why such a frightening phenomena happens, except that the land the town was built on could be cursed-and the locals deeply believe that to be true.

Working alongside her to keep the town in check are some of the most shady and corrupted characters who very much abuse their power and like to torment the townsfolk whenever they get the chance. Having the favor of Mayor Sybille herself, they can do anything from breaking the rules without consequence to unfairly taking someone into custody just for the Hell of it. The people are frightened of her and her villainous group of bullies, but a select number of townsfolk are coming together to overthrow Sybille and her goons, planning to take the town for their own and freeing the citizens of this tyranny forever. They do not realize that they were once the Classic Disney Heroes from another world, and the people they are going up against are the very villains the sorceress brought back to life.

Speaking of the Unknown Sorceress...could she be the mayor? Or is there more to that than meets the eye?

Time will tell.
1585767407921.png

Welcome to the Hymn of Hermosa Secondary OOC thread!

Here we'll spam things related or unrelated to the RP and just general chatting/nonsense.

For plot related discussions to the RP, please go to the Main OOC thread which is at this link right here!

List of taken canon Disney characters will be in the CS thread, which can be found here!

The IC thread can be found here! If you are finished with your CS and have posted it in the CS thread, you may begin posting in the IC thread anytime you're ready!​

Okay, so in the name of OOC chatter.

I would 120% recommend the Tangled series! I have been binge watching it the last few days and it's SOOO good! Combatmebro Combatmebro can back up my opinion

Ideally I hope to someday get a Pongo for Perdita, a Robin Hood for Maid Marian and a Thomas O'Malley for Duchess. I'm having so much fun with Lady and Tramp getting together and I love seeing Rapunzel and Eugene reuniting in this new world too, it's so cute and FEELS.

I'm also all for Jayde getting with Molly, that would be super cute. And I look forward to a dramatic roller coaster between Basil and Ratigan, cause Basil despite hating Ratigan also has strong feelings towards him, it's so fucking complicated how he feels towards that "rat" bastard.

It'd also be cool to see a Dodger in this RP so Oliver can be with his best friend/older brother figure again. Cause best friend reunions would be so cute and heartwarming to see.

Faline has a bad ending though. XD Bambi's been reverted to a kid and now Ronno might have a chance of being with Faline this time.

This RP gonna be wild LMAO.

LOL YOUR PROFILE PIC I CAN'T EVEN BREAAATHE!

But I wouldn't be opposed to (hopefully) seeing Ratigan having a redemtion arc (or having Jayde just bash his skull in with a baseball bat Harley Quinn style lol) or just go Phil Coulson on him with a knife going "Nah, you hurt my dad, you chose death."

LOL YOUR PROFILE PIC I CAN'T EVEN BREAAATHE!

But I wouldn't be opposed to (hopefully) seeing Ratigan having a redemtion arc (or having Jayde just bash his skull in with a baseball bat Harley Quinn style lol) or just go Phil Coulson on him with a knife going "Nah, you hurt my dad, you chose death."
Basil is a mood, okay? XD I'm glad you love the profile pic!

"So you have chosen death." XD

It'd be interesting to see Ratigan go through a redemption arc if the person who plays him wants to do that, if he did then Jayde can have two dads. XD Though Basil would be more like the mom in that relationship given he's a sub -shot-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back