• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Hymn of Hermosa (A Disney-Based RP) - OOC1

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Yeah, that could work. I'll try to get their character sheets ready next so we can go ahead and do that.

Meanwhile, can anyone give me a brief summary of what's happened in the roleplay so far? There's a lot of posts to be read, so it would be helpful for me to understand what has happened in the roleplay so far so I can more easily integrate my characters into the roleplay.
I can give you a summary of events from day one and two:

Day one/Episode One Events:
The seeds of revolution have been planted: together, Basil Hawkins (Basil of Baker Street) and Laurel Abrams (Tiana) have made a pact to work together to bring down the tyrannical Mayor Leblanc and her corrupted friends.

In a hidden location called the Court of Miracles, a group comprising of orphans of all ages who call themselves the Gypsies, their leader Jayde Moore (Esmeralda) has taken in Mikey Owens (Oliver) and together along with the rest of the group they saved the lives of the widowed French Socialite Delphina Mercier (Duchess), her three children and her grandmother from the corrupted Sheriff of Hermosa named Sheriff Yu (Shan-Yu). The Merciers are now hidden away in the Court of Miracles protected by the Gypsies, and for proving himself to be brave, Mikey will soon take the blood oath and become an official member of the court.

Mayor Leblanc meanwhile is scheming as usual: she plans to help Callum Howard (Scar) take over his brother Marcus' (Mufasa's) luxury hotel chain The Pride Lands, planning to set Marcus up in a scandal that would land him in prison so that Callum can swiftly take control. Tamara Applebaum (The Evil Queen), owner of Hermosa's Real Estate Business, wants the land that Laurel's Place is standing on - while she owns the building itself, the land belonged to Laurel's father, and when he passed on she inherited it, and thus does not have to pay rent for the land itself. Wanting both the building and the land it sits on, Tamara sought the assistance of the mayor, and the two conspired against Laurel.

Meridyth Divine (Ursula) meanwhile is on the hunt for the Gypsies and where their secret location, the Court of Miracles, could be.

After spending time with Lucy Burns (Cruella De Vil) at her Devil Boutique, Hermosa's Channel 10 News Reporter Jane Rodgers (Perdita) and Lucy both went home for the night. Jane is going to see Lucy the next day to be fitted for a fresh new outfit to wear for work.

Basil sought out Jayde, and the two had a conversation about meeting together with Laurel the next night in the forest clearing of Olympic National Forest. Although on her guard, Jayde has agreed to meet with Basil about planning a rebellion against the Mayor and her inner circle.

A homeless woman named Dory Maren (Dory) was taken in by the Court of Miracles and received food, a bed and some fresh clothes. Out in the streets, Shasta Crocutez (Shenzi) has come out to enforce the curfew and ensure everyone is at home. She followed Basil to see what he was up to, but he ended up leading her on a wild goose chase for nothing, much to Shasta's chagrin and amusement.

A man named Jameson Bond (Flynn Rider/Eugene) has just arrived to Hermosa and is unable to leave due to the curse. He ran into Charlie (Belle) and the two are making their way off the streets in hopes to avoid Shasta, unfortunately Shasta caught them as they were trying to leave. Shasta tried to apprehend them but both Charlie and Jameson escaped to Charlie's house. They're safe, for the time being.

Lynette Darling (Lady) had Deputy Howard, Rose Costa (Aurora) and Lena Reed (Faline) over at her home for a time, and now they have all parted ways to head to their homes before curfew. Lynette has secretly been teaching her fifth grade class art and music, which are banned from the school's curriculum. Rose is going to help Lynette teach the class the next morning.

Enraged by what happened at the Mercier's home, Sheriff Yu told cop Noah Wolfe (Sheriff of Nottingham) that Deputy Howard would be tagging along with him for the next few days, as Sheriff Yu does not want to be around the Deputy.

Meanwhile, Hermosa's chief party/celebration planner, Mortician and Psychologist Klaus Schwarzemann (Oogie Boogie) is arranging a high end party that would invite both friends and adversaries of the Mayor herself. Sybille has agreed to it, as she likes the idea of keeping her friends close and her enemies closer.

Day two/Episode Two Events:

At the mayor's office, after she saw Lucy for a fitting for new outfits, Mayor Leblanc is now meeting with Hermosa's head banker Robert Rubino (Bill Sykes) who brought in two gentleman from a company called Harris Conglomerate. The CEO of Harris is Simon Dawson and the corporate influencer is named Jonathan Parrish (Honest John). Parrish explained to the mayor that they want to build a wilderness resort in the forest near the town, and mayor Leblanc has agreed to let them build on a patch of land outside of the National Park area.

Miss Lynette Darling (Lady) is currently teaching her fifth grade class and Rose Costa (Aurora) is her teacher's assistant. Both are secretly teaching art at the moment since art and music are forbidden to be taught in schools.

In the secret Court of Miracles, Delphina Mercier (Duchess) is concerned because her grandmother has fallen ill. Meanwhile, Charlie (Belle) and a now passed out Jameson (Eugene) are down in the Court of Miracles thanks to Jayde's second in command Dante (Kristoff) and Jayde is helping to heal the bruise Charlie has while they wait for Jameson to wake up. Addy (Rapunzel) meanwhile has followed Dante and Charlie to a tunnel that leads to the court, and she's going into the tunnel to explore it. Dory Maren (Dory) is still with the Gypsies in the Court of Miracles.

At Laurel's Place, Basil Hawkins (Basil of Baker Street) and Laurel Abrams (Tiana) plan to meet in Olympic National Forest on the tallest hill's clearing tonight, and they will meet Jayde there to plan the rebellion against Leblanc and her corrupted friends/allies.

Right now, Lena (Faline) is on forest ranger duty in the National Forest and making sure nothing is amiss.

Jane Rodgers (Perdita) is sitting on her front porch drinking coffee and enjoying her morning before she goes to see Lucy (Cruella) at the boutique for her fitting.

Yvette (Georgette) is in town walking her poodle at the moment.

Shasta (Shenzi) is in her apartment and plans to tell the mayor of what happened the night before involving Charlie and Jameson escaping from her.

The cop Noah Wolfe (Sheriff of Nottingham) is getting ready with Deputy Howard (Killerclown's OC) to attend a meeting/briefing with Sheriff Yu (Shan-Yu) and then the two will go out for ticket duty in town.

That should be everything so far!​

hey hi yep still interested...also reeeeally bad with character sheets...i may be a little bit, i'm sorry!! XD :')
Hey there! I'm glad you're still interested. I can help you with the character sheet if you need it, but I'm pretty laid back when it comes to it. The basic information I need is this:
Character's Name in Hermosa:

Character's True Disney/Pixar Name:

Disney/Pixar Movie the character is from:

Age/Gender/Sexual Orientation:

Appearance: A short description of what they look like, such as height, weight, hair color, eye color, what outfits they wear, etc.

Personality: Character's personality Traits

Bio: Character's bio as it relates to them in the human world and what their role is in Hermosa. Villains only will have prominent jobs in the town.

Extra: Any other fun tidbits you wanna add about your character

You can also post a pic of your character's face claim above your character sheet as well, a visual of what they look like in town basically.

That's pretty much it. ^.^

Last edited:
Yeah, that could work. I'll try to get their character sheets ready next so we can go ahead and do that.

Meanwhile, can anyone give me a brief summary of what's happened in the roleplay so far? There's a lot of posts to be read, so it would be helpful for me to understand what has happened in the roleplay so far so I can more easily integrate my characters into the roleplay.
Nice one! I’m really looking forward to seeing them!! 😀
I’ll occupy Shasta with something else in the meantime while you’re sorting out the characters, and then get her to try again contacting the Mayor when you’re ready.

Obligatory nightly prayer that we get a Ratigan someday soon to mess with my Basil. 🙏

And to ship with but admittedly that's me being shamelessly self-indulgent I'm so sorry please don't judge me too harshly ASDFGH I TOLD YOU NOT TO READ THIS SPOILER! D: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! XD

Last edited:
Obligatory nightly prayer that we get a Ratigan someday soon to mess with my Basil. 🙏

And to ship with but admittedly that's me being shamelessly self-indulgent I'm so sorry please don't judge me too harshly ASDFGH I TOLD YOU NOT TO READ THIS SPOILER! D: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!
😂 I've never actually watched The Great Mouse Detective so sadly I don't know much about Ratigan's character, but using a villain like that would actually be pretty interesting 😀

😂 I've never actually watched The Great Mouse Detective so I don't know much about Ratigan's character, but using a villain like that would actually be pretty interesting 😀
Oh my God, that is one of the darkest Disney movies ever and it is very underappreciated. It's actually my favorite Disney movie of all time. ;u;

Someone uploaded a playlist of the whole movie on Youtube in 24 parts and it's only an hour and 15 minutes long so a pretty short movie. I'll post the link if you wanna take a watch or if anyone here wants to see it. It's VHS quality I apologize in advance. XD

You can watch the whole thing in a playlist right here!

Oh my God, that is one of the darkest Disney movies ever and it is very underappreciated. It's actually my favorite Disney movie of all time. ;u;

Someone uploaded a playlist of the whole movie on Youtube in 24 parts and it's only an hour and 15 minutes long so a pretty short movie. I'll post the link if you wanna take a watch or if anyone here wants to see it. It's VHS quality I apologize in advance. XD

Ooh thank you so much! A dark Disney film sounds intriguing, maybe I'll give it a watch soon when I get a chance, I can learn a bit more about Basil's character then as well 😀

Ooh thank you so much! A dark Disney film sounds intriguing, maybe I'll give it a watch soon when I get a chance, I can learn a bit more about Basil's character then as well 😀
Absolutely! ^.^ And you're welcome! Let me know what your thoughts on it are after you watched it. ;u;

I can give you a summary of events from day one and two:

Day one/Episode One Events:
The seeds of revolution have been planted: together, Basil Hawkins (Basil of Baker Street) and Laurel Abrams (Tiana) have made a pact to work together to bring down the tyrannical Mayor Leblanc and her corrupted friends.

In a hidden location called the Court of Miracles, a group comprising of orphans of all ages who call themselves the Gypsies, their leader Jayde Moore (Esmeralda) has taken in Mikey Owens (Oliver) and together along with the rest of the group they saved the lives of the widowed French Socialite Delphina Mercier (Duchess), her three children and her grandmother from the corrupted Sheriff of Hermosa named Sheriff Yu (Shan-Yu). The Merciers are now hidden away in the Court of Miracles protected by the Gypsies, and for proving himself to be brave, Mikey will soon take the blood oath and become an official member of the court.

Mayor Leblanc meanwhile is scheming as usual: she plans to help Callum Howard (Scar) take over his brother Marcus' (Mufasa's) luxury hotel chain The Pride Lands, planning to set Marcus up in a scandal that would land him in prison so that Callum can swiftly take control. Tamara Applebaum (The Evil Queen), owner of Hermosa's Real Estate Business, wants the land that Laurel's Place is standing on - while she owns the building itself, the land belonged to Laurel's father, and when he passed on she inherited it, and thus does not have to pay rent for the land itself. Wanting both the building and the land it sits on, Tamara sought the assistance of the mayor, and the two conspired against Laurel.

Meridyth Divine (Ursula) meanwhile is on the hunt for the Gypsies and where their secret location, the Court of Miracles, could be.

After spending time with Lucy Burns (Cruella De Vil) at her Devil Boutique, Hermosa's Channel 10 News Reporter Jane Rodgers (Perdita) and Lucy both went home for the night. Jane is going to see Lucy the next day to be fitted for a fresh new outfit to wear for work.

Basil sought out Jayde, and the two had a conversation about meeting together with Laurel the next night in the forest clearing of Olympic National Forest. Although on her guard, Jayde has agreed to meet with Basil about planning a rebellion against the Mayor and her inner circle.

A homeless woman named Dory Maren (Dory) was taken in by the Court of Miracles and received food, a bed and some fresh clothes. Out in the streets, Shasta Crocutez (Shenzi) has come out to enforce the curfew and ensure everyone is at home. She followed Basil to see what he was up to, but he ended up leading her on a wild goose chase for nothing, much to Shasta's chagrin and amusement.

A man named Jameson Bond (Flynn Rider/Eugene) has just arrived to Hermosa and is unable to leave due to the curse. He ran into Charlie (Belle) and the two are making their way off the streets in hopes to avoid Shasta, unfortunately Shasta caught them as they were trying to leave. Shasta tried to apprehend them but both Charlie and Jameson escaped to Charlie's house. They're safe, for the time being.

Lynette Darling (Lady) had Deputy Howard, Rose Costa (Aurora) and Lena Reed (Faline) over at her home for a time, and now they have all parted ways to head to their homes before curfew. Lynette has secretly been teaching her fifth grade class art and music, which are banned from the school's curriculum. Rose is going to help Lynette teach the class the next morning.

Enraged by what happened at the Mercier's home, Sheriff Yu told cop Noah Wolfe (Sheriff of Nottingham) that Deputy Howard would be tagging along with him for the next few days, as Sheriff Yu does not want to be around the Deputy.

Meanwhile, Hermosa's chief party/celebration planner, Mortician and Psychologist Klaus Schwarzemann (Oogie Boogie) is arranging a high end party that would invite both friends and adversaries of the Mayor herself. Sybille has agreed to it, as she likes the idea of keeping her friends close and her enemies closer.

Day two/Episode Two Events:

At the mayor's office, after she saw Lucy for a fitting for new outfits, Mayor Leblanc is now meeting with Hermosa's head banker Robert Rubino (Bill Sykes) who brought in two gentleman from a company called Harris Conglomerate. The CEO of Harris is Simon Dawson and the corporate influencer is named Jonathan Parrish (Honest John). Parrish explained to the mayor that they want to build a wilderness resort in the forest near the town, and mayor Leblanc has agreed to let them build on a patch of land outside of the National Park area.

Miss Lynette Darling (Lady) is currently teaching her fifth grade class and Rose Costa (Aurora) is her teacher's assistant. Both are secretly teaching art at the moment since art and music are forbidden to be taught in schools.

In the secret Court of Miracles, Delphina Mercier (Duchess) is concerned because her grandmother has fallen ill. Meanwhile, Charlie (Belle) and a now passed out Jameson (Eugene) are down in the Court of Miracles thanks to Jayde's second in command Dante (Kristoff) and Jayde is helping to heal the bruise Charlie has while they wait for Jameson to wake up. Addy (Rapunzel) meanwhile has followed Dante and Charlie to a tunnel that leads to the court, and she's going into the tunnel to explore it. Dory Maren (Dory) is still with the Gypsies in the Court of Miracles.

At Laurel's Place, Basil Hawkins (Basil of Baker Street) and Laurel Abrams (Tiana) plan to meet in Olympic National Forest on the tallest hill's clearing tonight, and they will meet Jayde there to plan the rebellion against Leblanc and her corrupted friends/allies.

Right now, Lena (Faline) is on forest ranger duty in the National Forest and making sure nothing is amiss.

Jane Rodgers (Perdita) is sitting on her front porch drinking coffee and enjoying her morning before she goes to see Lucy (Cruella) at the boutique for her fitting.

Yvette (Georgette) is in town walking her poodle at the moment.

Shasta (Shenzi) is in her apartment and plans to tell the mayor of what happened the night before involving Charlie and Jameson escaping from her.

The cop Noah Wolfe (Sheriff of Nottingham) is getting ready with Deputy Howard (Killerclown's OC) to attend a meeting/briefing with Sheriff Yu (Shan-Yu) and then the two will go out for ticket duty in town.

That should be everything so far!​
Thanks for the summary! I tihnk I've got an idea of what I can get my characters to do right now. I'll just make another batch of character sheets real quick and then I'll join in the fun!

Thanks for that! I could use the info for dynamics purposes

Of course! ;u; I just apologize for the VHS quality XD Seems like the uploader ripped this movie onto Youtube from the vhs tape itself. Or that's what I assumed happened.

Meh no worries, I’ve been meaning to try and get a YouTube playlist for Hunchback of Notre Dame so if you find it let me know (I’m a cheap ass lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back