• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Hungry Earth- Warriors roleplay(WIP)

Is this garbage?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EloquentlyPut

Welcome to "The Hungry Earth" planning forum

Salutations y'all!

Do you miss watching Warriors roleplays roam across the roleplaying threads like they used to?

Are you fed up with halfhearted, unoriginal, uninspiring plots?

Are you looking for a place to really breathe life back into your role as a Warrior in the world Erin Hunter has created for us?

Do you have the nose for danger, betrayal, murder, adventure, secrets, and romance?

Than my friend "The Hungry Earth" is the place or you!

Let's get down to the fun parts now!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Setting

Prepare to imurse yourself in territories like you've never seen before; we've done away with the traditional woodlands setting and are coming at you with something a little more hip.

"The Hungry Earth" takes place within a chain of islands in the tropics that consist of one very large island that all the islands currently inhabit. Within swimming distance there is also a second island that is smaller and then three small/ very small islands that complete the chain. Where the story opens up the clans are not aware of the islands that neighbor their own.

Due to the lack of humans, as this island is not inhabited by them the cats are not pressed be their encroachment or death by their cars or dogs; however life in the ocean offers plenty of other dangers.

Weather tends to be one of the strongest foes for the clans to overcome; powerful storms have the capability to tear their camps and families apart. Their island home does not experience winter nor fall which can be nice as there is a higher chance of available prey, but the days are so hot that a absent minded cat might find himself with heat exhaustion or dehydrated.

To accommodate this struggle there is a public basking pool wherein civility reigns and it is expected that all feuds are to be left back at camp. It's been said that it is also a familiar spot for lovers from other clans to meet in secret. This place is known as Coolheart reflecting not only the physical relief this spot offers, but the removal of all rivalries and honesty that reigns on this unique part of the island.

Just like anywhere there are predators that have come to enjoy the taste of cat flesh and are capable of picking off full grown animals or their young. This is a place of high alert, especially at night when things that have escaped the heat all day wake up to see what they can find in the darkness.

All the danger aside there are many benefits to this unique setting, such as an abundance of prey from birds to small mammals, lizards, and fish! The clans have been fairly lucky in that they tend to have enough prey to feed their own clans. There tends to be leisure time in the afternoon as opposed to towards twilight as the night watch is waking up and getting their report from the day watch. The middle of the day can become too hot and muggy for many patrols or heavy training; in response the cats have come up with other ways to keep themselves busy. Storytelling is a common past time.

At the end of the territory lies a great volcano; it does cough up smoke from time to time it has never given any indication that it has plans to do much else.

Enter the deity for this story; there is no StarClan here, instead we turn to Firetongue and the ancestors that turn into great rocks to coat his belly when they die.

There is a small cave not visible to the untrained eye where the medicine cats and leaders go to speak with their ancestors. The rocks there are warm, but not deadly hot, it is believed that the members of FireClan are nestled in these rocks, waiting to impart their wisdom.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Clans

No adventure is complete without our trusty clans!

We follow the traditional style of four clans spread out across our great island and the clans are as follows.

AshClan:

This clan lives closer to the volcano than any other; a portion of the giant's stomach reaches down into the heart of AshClan's territory splitting it in half.

The abundance of volcanic ash has the propensity to to cause upper respiratory problems especially in those already prone to them and the young and old. The ash becomes particularly dangerous if more is produced by the volcano than usual; as it settles into the ground it is more likely that a cat will inhale it.

However AshClan is not lost due to its fiery neighbor; volcanic ash contains many natural

minerals and vitamins that are essential to growth both flora and fauna, but the clans

subjectivity to illness makes it hard for them to use their territory to its fullest sometimes.

The clan's camp is a thick tangle fallen trees that have been choked out by vines with still

produce flowers and leaves in an abundance. It is purposefully facing away from the volcano

so as to minimize the amount of ash that makes it into their camp, so far they have been

very fortunate that the canopy from above has shielded them.

BlueClan

Positioned almost directly on the beach of the island BlueClan is named for the ocean view

that expands forever in either direction of their territory. The clan has come to

rely mostly on the fish and invertebrates that come into the shallows; just like it was with

RiverClan these cats are powerful swimmers, well muscled, and sport coats that come to life

in the Sun.

However due to their constant supple of food, beautiful beach and more or less easy life

BlueClan cats are known for having lazy natures despite their undeniably powerful

builds.

Everything is not easy for BlueClan when it comes to the weather, out of all the clans they are

hit the hardest when weather sweeps over the island. Their camps have been destroyed more

than once, but they refuse to move it further into their territory as they have grown

fond of their beach view.

The camp for BlueClan is a thick patch of ferns that offer a nice shady experience during the

day and at night the crispy air flowing across the ocean floats perfectly through the camp.

The leader's den is a large hole dug under a great rock covered with moss, but it is open on

two sides to allow the airflow this clan loves.

Treeclan

As the name suggests TreeClan spend most of their time in the canopies above the forest

floor; they prey almost entirely upon the bird population they share the trees with.

Their biggest threat are the monkeys that also live in the trees. Naturally

omnivorous it is not uncommon for one to grab at a warrior; in response the cats have

learned how to skirt around them if so postpone hunting until they've

moved on.

These cats tend to be long legged with powerful shoulders and hind quarters;

their demanding lifestyle creates a lean, sporty look and their coats do not shine

the way that an AshClan or a BlueClan cats would as they spend a lot of time hiding

in the shadows in trees.

During the day it is unusual to find warriors or apprentices from TreeClan on the forest floor,

but queens, kits and the medicine cat are usually about.

Their shaded home and provides access to a lot of mushrooms and other plants that exist in

soft soil; these are the cats known for experimental healing, sometimes it works

and sometimes it does not. There have been times when a fellow medicine cat may seek

aid from the TreeClan medicine cat in the hopes that their strange

concoctions may work.

blankClan(WIP)

This clan is due to come into the story later on, there is more information about them in the plot.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Plot

Here it is people, here it is!

It started with an ill fated meeting at Coolheart; the moon was high that night, it's milky light highlighting the tops of trees here and there. Three figures appeared along the sides of the pool after a quick glance back and forth to assure their safety they sprang forward; briefly touching noses.

It was then that the fourth cat appeared, he came from a direction that belonged to no clan and as he approached the other three seemed to stiffen. Despite its curiosity the moon was unable to make out any words; angry yowls are exchanged, tails lash as they try to charge the stranger. The dark shadow retreats a few steps, with a soft twitch of the end of its tail and a long shadow begins to creep towards the three.

The shadow breaks and begins to flow in around the three; it is now apparent the group is made up entirely of strangers and in a flash of teeth and claws the three are consumed.

The first stranger calls the group back together and like a pack of hyenas they prowl back into the forest leaving behind the broken and battered bodies of their prey.

At the discovery of such murderous violence at Coolheart by all three cans accusations begin to fly; who was it that did this?

Every clan denies having anything to do with the murders, the three clans are forced to back home to bury their loved ones.

One from each clan.

The incident insights distrust and hatred; stealing, lying, attacks, and the occasional fatality become more common among the clans.

It is not long after that smoke begins to curl from the mouth of Firetongue; the smoke though thin and scarce becomes darker and more sinister and it is at the first sight of fire spouting from the maw that the new law is laid into place.

It was at that point that a stranger came into the midst of their clan; when they arrived at Firetongue's Paw there he sat. A dark warrior from a different clan; he spoke of the anger and sadness of Firetongue and that he hails from a clan on the other side of the mountain.

He has come to them because of a dream he received from FireClan; he has come with answers.

Again, the three clans deny having any connection to the murders and that is when the stranger delivers the ghastly news. To make amends for the blood they have shed, the lies they have weaved, and the heinous actions they have committed against FireClan every month one cat must be committed to Firetongue's mouth, only after they have given back as much as they have taken will the fury from the volcano quell.

The clans are to terrified to question the newcomer and so they settle in to their new reality; the stranger promises to return with the rest of his clan to help. Everyone where he comes from communicates with FireClan and he has heard the elders in his clan speak of them surviving a similar incident long ago.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bonus stuff

In addition to the normal plot, "The Hungry Earth" will also include the following:

- Randomizer that will assign events such as illness, injuries within your clan etc.

- "Master" posts made by myself, some that effect every clan which could weather related or isolated one one.

- Want a romance? pick one yourself or take a chance and let us randomly pick one for you!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rules:

1. No power playing etc.

2. Fade to black and go to PM for romance

3. We need people to stay active! After three days of absence you will receive a message in your inbox after a week you receive a second one. After that you have a week of suspension in which you have to PM a mod to be cleared to write again and after two weeks we will kill off your character/ write it out of the story. You're free to come back another time, but it has to be with a new cat.

4. THIS IS A LITERATE TO ADVANCED LITERATE ROLEPLAY. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE LINERS.

WE REQUIRE A MINIMUM OF 200 WORDS PER POST TO MAINTAIN QUALITY.

5. We expect a whole range of character ideas and personalities so be kind to one another, but there's nothing wrong with enemies (If anything we encourage it)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Okay I think that's the best of it; I know I have a lot out there already, but I am open to lots of suggestions especially because I am CRAZY SCARED ABOUT PUTTING THIS IDEA OUT THERE.

We will be distinguishing between posts by each clan posting in the colour associated with them (gray, blue, green)

I am iffy on the name for the name of the last clan or the colour, they wont immediately be a part of the story so we have time.

Idk. I guess that's it because I've been writing all day and Im tired.

To maintain the innocent nature of Coolheart, the clans meet at a point just beyond the point​

of either clan's territory. The meetings are held in what is known as Firetongue's Paw as it is a

a patch of green with a large volcanic rock looking across the expanse; it is from here where

the leaders address the clans.

Not any I can think of. You covered pretty much everything I'd need to know for the role play. ^^ I've noticed no one really role plays warrior cats anymore... And if you do start a role play it tends to be very choppy. By that I mean it's not lively it's just a couple replies every hour at best. I remember back when I was younger and terrible at role playing it was a popular thing. ;~;

I wish that having your own domain was still popular as i have enough information to fill one. I forgot to add that you can play as many cats as you want so long as youre on top of them. Ill have a hand in each clan.

Just tag me when you make the thread and, as soon as I get some time, I will start making characters.

The Basics

Name: Your cat's clan given name goes here

Name reason: Why was your cat given their name? At The Hungry Earth we accept a wide variety of names due to our unique setting. However it is important to make sure that when it comes to flora and fauna you are only using things that can be found in our tropical home.

Location of Birth/Current Clan: Was your cat born in their Clan and where are they now? If they've swapped clans we need a good reason as to why. There will be no rogue cats in The Hungry Earth

Rank: What rank has your cat earned within the clan? Remember that higher positions must be applied for where there is a slot open

Sex: What is your cat's sex? Remember, this is based on their biological parts.

Sexuality: Is your cat heterosexual, homosexual, maybe asexual or something else?

Skills: Will your cat be an excellent hunter, or maybe a powerful fighter? Please LIST the skills. You may describe them, make sure there's a quick, simple list as well. You may chose three things your cat is good at and two things that it is not from the list below

Climbing

Fighting

Fishing

Hunting

Jumping

Navigating

Running

Stealthy

Swimming

Tracking

Future: Do you have something planned out for your cat's future?

Appearance

Fur color and markings: Describe your cat's pelt in list form here; for example: Ginger tabby with a white chest, paws, and tail-tip.

Fur length: How long is your cat's fur?

Body size: Is your character small, average, or large? Please limit it to one of these three terms. Maybe your cat is also muscular or lithe? This is the place to describe that as well.

Eye color: No super unnatural eye colours

Overall appearance: If you'd like to be in-depth about your character's appearance, or put a photo in, you may do so here. Maybe your cat has long whiskers or big ears?

Personality

Personality paragraph: Describe all of your character's personality traits here. Why do they act this way? In what situations do these traits show up?

Trait lists:

+ All positive traits in a list here, you must have 5

- All negative traits in a list here, you must have 5

: All neutral traits in a list here, you must have 3

Dislikes: If you do these, please do "likes" as well.

Fears:

Goals:

History

History: DO NOT give history cats names UNLESS you plan on adopting them out or playing them yourself. It takes away names from other members.

IF A STAFF MEMBER HAS ASKED YOU TO EDIT YOUR APPLICATION, POST ON THE APP ONCE YOU HAVE FINISHED FIXING THINGS. OTHERWISE, THE STAFF MEMBER WILL ASSUME THAT YOU HAVE NOT FIXED YOUR APP AND WILL NOT CHECK IT AGAIN. IT IS BY NO MEANS THE STAFF'S FAULT IF YOUR APP DOES NOT GET RE-CHECKED DUE TO THIS REASON BECAUSE YOU DID NOT SAY THAT YOU EDITED IT.

=====================================

That's probably what the final form will look like as well; when would you all like to start? Should I wait another day or so while we get characters around and then start?

If were only starting with a few people I'd like us to jump in with at least one character each so we have a fighting chance of staying alive.

If you can play multiple characters I encourage it; I will be playing three of my own.

In addition to that applications for higher ranks are open; to ensure quality I am asking that you send a personal message to myself as your application.

Why does your cat deserve the rank you're seeking?

Send me a post (200 word minimum) showing off your character's strengths.

Also, also, I am looking for one other person to help develop and keep this thing afloat. Send me a PM should you be interested in that position also.

Thanks so much,

I'm excited to see this reach fruition!​

Last edited by a moderator:
If any of you wish me to make a cat in relation to yours, please feel free to ask for I am more than happy to.

Of course I forget something! Realistic pictures please, also my deputy for BlueClan, Coraltooth wouldn't mind a sibling

EloquentlyPut said:
Of course I forget something! Realistic pictures please, also my deputy for BlueClan, Coraltooth wouldn't mind a sibling
I shall make one! What do they look like so I may stay realistic in appearance

Sure thing! Heres Coraltooth

2e16gt1.jpg

If someone is willing, I am looking for an older can that has a pretty patient, understanding, and calm personality to have been the old (2nd) mentor to one of my cats who is now a warrior. I want them to be fairly close to each other since my cat is sort of "lacking" in the areas of a Treeclan cat and this mentor was the one that praised her for the skills she had not the ones she didn't.

Also, if someone makes a medicine cat for Treeclan, she would be close to that one has well but in secret (because she doesn't want anyone to know she has an interest in being a med apprentice since she doesn't like being the center of attention).

If that is okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back