• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The House

Pyro Chromia

Arkay is cats
It was night time and it was as silent as it was dark. Despite the lack of light, you could still see the house dimly piercing the blackness. The house was everything but imposing. It was in a bad state of disrepair. Windows were broken in. The outside walls were being overrun by a strange plant that gripped and dug into the walls which made it fissure along the side to the back. The lawn was over grown and taking over the dirt path leading up to it. Looked like any old rundown shack though, but there was something sort of unsettling about it. The longer you'd look at it the more the ominous feeling would rise. Sending a chill up your spine, you'd feel the darkness of the night weighing down on you like a large chilled blanket. Stepping onto the broken porch would make a long shrill creaking which in this silence was pretty damn loud. The front door was unlocked.

At 38 Alabaster road, or so read the invitation, you are invited to a party! Jack was confused at first by the arrival of the strange letter. It beckoned him to explore, to discover the source of his summoning. The male was quite confused as he made his way in his car to the location. He hadn't been in this part of town before. Then, it got worse. The road turning in to the location was a long, dark driveway, the type that was a dagger into the foresty and beyond. The silence weighed down heavily on the man, who turned off his engine at the end of the road.

Why was he here? Was it not to further the plot of this tale? Perhaps the invitation was sent to the wrong person. Maybe this was a drug deal that he was not supposed to know of. Then, the horrid sight reached him. The house was in ruins. The decaying building resembled a skeleton in the ominous blackness of the night. This was certainly no party at all, for Mr. Valentine.

@JokerValentine You look up to the house. It seemed to have a slight otherworldly glow to it. Almost hyponotic. From where you stand you see a shadow walk past one of the windows and fall back into the obscure darkness. A strong breeze came up from behind you flowing towards the house. Almost as if you were being pushed. As the air rushed by your head it almost sounded as if a voice had whispered. "Come.."

The day was warm, at least compared to the last camping trip. The Alabaster campground was famous for the waterfall near the entrance. It was noon for troop #235. They had just set up the tents and were about to start lunch. Dylan was digging into a PB&J he had packed and was surprised that he heard a strange noise due north. A lightning storm. OF COURSE IT HAD TO BE A THUNDER STORM. Deep breaths,Deep breaths. The hand book says that

you should take shelter in a tent that's RIGHT I FORGOT TO SET UP THE TENT. In a state up desperation Dylan saw a broken down house in the woods. He took off running to that house like he had never ran before.

Jack sighed, hearing the voice. He wasn't buying it, albeit it was a tad creepy. Probably some stupid teenagers. "Yeah, come inside and then what? Some sort of secret tea-time meeting? 'Oh come inside, the drama needs to go forward, bla bla bla,'" Jack mocked the situation. Nonetheless, he made his way up to the door, decidedly placing his feet on the welcome map. "Yeah, come inside, and eat dinner with me," continued the satire as he placed his fist on the door. Three loud knocks rang out on the aged oak door.

@JokerValentine As you knock on the door a cloud of dust falls off of it. A few seconds later it slowly creaks open. From the outside it still looked like the broken old shack, but walking past the event horizon of the door the inside began to expand and contort. The deep dark red wallpaper faded onto the wall, as decorated charcoal pillars grew along side them. The floor a few meters ahead of you began to rise into a large stair case with gothic architecture. A chandelier fell into place and glistening in the dim room. Sconces spawned soon after and added a bit more light but not much. To your right you would see a shadow standing off to the side head pointed in your direction. It looked almost as if someone had painted it on the wall.

@Yoshibros As you ran to the house the light seemed to have been sucked from the air. It was pitch black other than the house which was in plain sight. I don't know how much Dylan was afraid of thunder but the vibe this house was giving off didn't seem much better, but who cares.. You need to escape the storm right? A lightning bolt whipped the air with a thunderous crash only it didn't light the area. You could only barely see the large bolt strike off somewhere in the forest, but the noise was ever present. The thunder reverberated in your bones almost as if someone was shaking you soon the same breeze the pulled Jack pulled you as well.

Dylan decided that he would have a better chance of surviving the storm in the house than staying outside. The wood seemed to wet to burn if hit by lightning anyway. But he got out his flashlight and pocket knife just in case

Jack did not notice the shadowy figure upon the wall. He was not here to fight, anyways. He was not expecting to be killed. The invitation seemed to mean that someone was alone, bored even, and needed something to do. The house's ornate detail was immense, even as it appeared before the man. Surely this was no ordinary homestead. While many would be afraid, Jack was curious. He wanted to watch, to see the events before him unfold. It was a desire to explore, perhaps.

You feel a chill flow through you. The translucent shape of a female person appeared then disappears as quickly as it went to the room beside the stair case. It was the dining room. A pleasant smell caught your nose soon after. It smelled like food. The shadow had gone silently after watching you look around. The smell of the food grew stronger.

Dylan saw the shadowy figure and then started to run like hell up the stairs. He didn't know what was casting the shadow but he sure didn't want to find out.

The shadow appears on the wall ahead of you. With a gentle british accent he said "You shouldn't go that way. You could get lost." As you run you pass room after room it seemed like the halls wouldn't stop, and they wont. "You need to calm down.." He said slowly as he walked along the wall towards you. "You are panicking. It will only lead to ruin for you.."

Dylan wasn't sure that a house like this is physically possible, but if any place had shadow people, it would be this place. But he pushed those thoughts aside. Your only freaking yourself out. There are no shadow people. He span around and turned on his flashlight to see who was casting the shadow, only to discover, to his horror, there was no one there.

When the light landed on him he didn't disperse he just blocked the light with his hand in his 2-dimensional plane but from your perspective it just looked like he was face palming. "Ah! Do you mind? You're shining that light right in my face." He stepped to the side trying to avoid the bright light. "Are you quite through?"

Dylan quickly turns off the flashlight. Shadow people. How the hell are there shadow people!?. "Um, sorry. Uh, are you, a, you know, shadow? I don't think that should be possible."

Yet, an additional man joined the party. Preoccupied with his study of architecture, Jack realized that he was not alone. Surprising, really. He seemed young, fresh blood indeed. How long had Jack exactly been staring at the interior? Who was this kid talking to anyways? The male surely did not see anything. In a low voice, Jack spoke. "What are you doing?" asked Jack, confused by the mysterious presence of the boy.

Dylan was surprised to see someone else in the house. Thankfully, he was human, not some weird shadow person...thing. "I-I-I think I'm going crazy. There was a disembodied shadow, and he was talking to me, and he had a British accent, can shadows have British accents? I don't think he was trying to hurt me, but i'm not sure. I'm Dylan by the way."

Last edited by a moderator:
@Yoshibros

@JokerValentine

"Well I suppose you could call me that.. Yes.. I'm a shadow". He said with air quotes. As jack walked through the halls to the kid he'd would also notice that the halls seemed to stretch into infinity. There were seemingly hundreds even thousands of identical doors, but you could still tell the difference between them. Almost as if they were numbered, or had something unique about them. It was less obvious than a number system but you could still feel it. You just knew.

Dylan was starting to hyperventilate. He was also starting to think about his chances outside, but the...thing didn't seem so dangerous. " Okay, first off, where are we? And secondly, What are you?"

Jack was intrigued. Shadow person? Sure enough, upon the wall was fixated the being. This somewhat made the man nervous, but following with the theme he was not shaken. The other man, however, was about six seconds from wetting himself. "What are you supposed to be, a disappointment?" replied the man with a hint of salt.

@Yoshibros

Last edited by a moderator:
@Yoshibros

"This place has many names in many different tongues. Some call this a refuge. Others call this home. You may call this whatever you'd like. I'd suppose you would best know of it as the once "creepy shack" that people have grown accustomed to calling it." He looked at you. Your lack of composition in the face adversity spoke volumes to him. He shook his head mulling over if you could even handle the truth. He sighed "I've already told you, and that is that."

"Are we safe? or are there deadly things in this place?" Dylan was hoping that it wasn't the latter. "What else is in this"Sanctuary"?"

@Yoshibros "There is danger here, but no more than in the outside world. If you don't do foolish things then you should generally avoid any unsavory characters." The silhouette gestured down the hall. "It would be easier to tell you what isn't in the sanctuary" Nodding to you in assurance "Just keep your whit. Stand by your brass, and you should do just fine." @JokerValentine Looking over at Jack "Well hello sir, how are you today?" He leaned on his cane.

@pyrochromia

Jack, completely caught offguard, shifted his gaze. He felt that his time had passed him by, like moments fled while he stood still. "You still didn't answer my question," he began with slight annoyance, "what are you, or who are you. I don't care, just answer the goddamn question."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back