• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The hedgemaze roleplay room edition!~

~Nicolette~
Nicolette had read to the bottom of her page before lifting her head up again. A louder rustle came from the hedge - this time she knew she was not hallucinating. Standing up cautiously from her comfortable chair, the model inched towards the edge of the garden. "Hello?" the girl called towards the area that moved. Pulling up her dress, Nicolette retrieved one of the throwing knives she always keeps on hand from the band of her underwear. Her eyes glanced towards her home; maybe she should go get a housekeeper to take care of this?

Moving closer towards the leaves, Nicolette bent down. She felt stupid for speaking into the hedge, but she had heard rumors that some creatures on the other side spoke English. "Is anyone there? I warn you, I hold a weapon." The girl peered into the leaves, her necklace dangling down in front of her.

An object - no, a being. It looked to be around the size of a dog. Nicolette hesitated. She hated wildlife, but if she left it and it died there it would stink up the whole backyard. "Hello?" she asked again in a neutral tone, reaching her hand out to move aside some of the brush.

~Altair~
The naked girl cocked her head to the side curiously, ears flopping to follow suit. "A kistune," she clarified, her tail flicking behind her. Though the witch taking notes on her should make her uncomfortable, she was more interested in hearing the witch's information on the humans. After hearing of the witch's experience, Altair frowned. "We are to evacuate the whole hedgemaze based on rumors and feelings?" She sat gracefully onto the grass floor below in one fluid motion, directing her attention to her human hands covered in brown dirt, as if the matter no longer interested her.

It did, however, interest her. She knew vaguely of witches and their powers, and would trust their judgement, however they got their information. Altair did not, however, believe the humans were capable of such things. The humans tended, from what she could tell, to stay away from the maze as fear was the primary emotion that governed their actions.

She turned her head to observe the elf, who was for some reason avoiding her with his eyes. Altair looked down at herself, then back to him. "Is something bothering you, elf?" she asked, assuming it was her appearance. "I could change to a fox, but you wouldn't be able to understand my speech anymore. Come now, do not be shy." Her tail flicked behind her. "I am quite comfortable with my body, as you should be of yours. To be honest, I don't understand how you can stand it under all of that cloth."

Sinnamon_Pie Sinnamon_Pie
MJ ._. MJ ._.
Nico Nii Nico Nii

~Petal Rose~

Why would someone want to hurt them? And destroy the maze! Petal shivered at the thought as she slunk to the bottom of her rose, wrapping her tiny pink colored arms around her petite itty bitty body, rocking herself back and forth in fear in the comfortable barrier with in her precious rose flower. Trembling deeply at the thought, this was truly overwhelming for the tiny little rose fairy, her face was almost as red as her face as the temperature of her rose started to rise, as the deep red color of the petals slowly grew brighter.
Sinnamon_Pie Sinnamon_Pie MJ ._. MJ ._. Sophia.ai Sophia.ai

"You all? No... I can't handle all of you. I'm here for my own interest, offering you a deal. You can stay and fight back... or rather I'd say most of you have no other way..." Dan replied as held her wand back again. "The odds are against you so I'm taking samples with me and wishing good luck for rest of you." She said flatly. "I don't know how they dare to approach the hedge but you can send there a spy to find out. Mesmerize a human or something..." She spoke her angle of view. She then chuckled at her speach about clothes. "Stop bothering the elf man. He isn't from the same nature as yours. They might have magical blood but after magicians, they are closest to human in realm of magic." She advised her to be more modest about her appearance.
Sinnamon_Pie Sinnamon_Pie Sophia.ai Sophia.ai Nico Nii Nico Nii

He merely glanced over, as he only sighed. He straightened his head but didn't dare to look over at the kitsune. The elf didn't say a thing about the lack of clothing as he glanced down at the rose. Aya frowned deeply as he noticed it's brighter color, and huffed almost frustratingly. Petal was always a sensitive fairy, he concluded years ago, but that didn't mean her reaction could be the perfect example of how others may react.

His thumb caressed the rose gently, not pressing on it at all or anything. Aya wanted to comfort Petal the best he could.

"But that leaves a point, we can't leave everyone behind if there is truly danger, as you so speak. Everyone in this hedgemaze matters, at least to a big majority." the auburn haired elf let out. "And a sample? Why do you talk of us as projects for a science show?" he queried.

Nico Nii Nico Nii
MJ ._. MJ ._.
Sophia.ai Sophia.ai

~Altair~
The girl stared blankly at the elf. His nature was hard to read - it was difficult for her to judge what he was feeling, thinking. As he shifted his eyes, Altair followed his gaze to a dimly glowing rose. Odd, most flowers didn't do that. "A sample of the population, so our species can keep surviving, I believe she means," Altair said delicately, her vision staying curiously on the flower and the elf. "Unless we are merely science projects to her." As he moved his hand to caress the flower, the girl shifted to her fox form to sniff out the anomaly.

Her white fur brushed against the grass as she lowered her body and crept towards the flower, sniffing and staring at it. Ears perked, she was listening intently - her whole body alert.

Nico Nii Nico Nii
MJ ._. MJ ._.
Sinnamon_Pie Sinnamon_Pie

Last edited:
"A show? So irrelevant... knowledge isn't a show, it's life itself." Dan answered Aya like a teacher. "And miss kitsune is right. My main goal is to keep your blood alive. Witches and wizards have responsibilities about magical beings." She explained then watched them observing a glowing rose. "For example... are going to use that fairy hiding in a flower as a shield or a weapon? I bet you prefer to hide her somewhere else till the storm is over." She tried to open the matter for the elf. "And if you can't trust me... think of this; do you usually see wizards walking through the hedge maze?" She asked.

Ayako Jun

'Why!!!' Ayako mentally laughed through out her mind squirming about trying to unhook the leather thing from the cursive branch that was choking her tightly as it pulled the collar straight up. Before coming to a hault immediately sitting down at the sound of a voice, perking her head towards the sound, her ears shooting directly up. 'Was that a knife in her hand? Nah it's probably just a very sharp stick with a rock sewn to it!' she spoke soundly in her mind. Her golden color tail that looked as if it was dipped in some sort of cream wagging about, letting out a light whimpering noise towards the girl.
Sophia.ai Sophia.ai

Aya had always kept the rose either in his hand or in his robe's pocket. He instinctively placed his other hand over the rose to protect her if anything happened, his staff resting in his elbow. His blue and green gaze narrowed, simply huffing a sigh through his nose in silence without saying a word. Aya wanted to be cautious, but he wasn't going to say anything in defense.

Just listen. That's the best thing he could do.

He merely shook his head, gaze never faltering nor his straight face.

Nico Nii Nico Nii
Sophia.ai Sophia.ai
MJ ._. MJ ._.

~Altair~
The fox eyed the flower as the elf covered it with his hand. Disappointed, she stepped back and sat on the ground, itching her head with her left paw. She had only caught glimpses of fairies before, but she had never been so close to one. Turning her head towards the witch, Altair shifted back into her kitsune form. Her sharp eyes gazed coldly to the woman. Altair stood, brushing off dirt from her knees. "Alright, well. I choose to stay, but thank you for the offer." The nude girl turned her body and she moved towards the nearest tree. She placed her hand on the rough bark gently, as if it would break. "This maze is my home, I won't give it up. I'm sure you will find that most other creatures believe me."

Altair turned on her heel to lean against the tree, facing the two beings. "Good luck with your plan, maybe I'll see you again." The girl smiled - or rather, smirked, as she bent down to the ground before pushing off with her legs. In mid-air, Altair transformed into her fox form, landing gracefully onto a branch in the trees above. She took one last, long neutral look at the two before beautifully leaping from her branch to another, and another, until she had disappeared from sight.

~Nicolette~
Her hand reached out, delicately and carefully moving some of the leaves and branches out of the way after hearing whimpers. Before her was standing a yellow dog - was it a dog? She assessed the creature. It's fur coat was beautiful with it's color. If she hadn't signed a contract to be sponsored by an anti-animal cruelty organization, the girl would have thought it to make a nice fur hat, or jacket. But, alas, these were different times. "Ah... Alright buddy. Let us see if I can get you out of there without ruining your lovely fur." Nicolette sighed, reaching with her throwing knife and cut away at the twig that had caught on to the collar. After one minute of gingerly sawing, the twig snapped. The girl removed the part still caught on the collar. She moved herself backwards, keeping her hand holding back the leaves.

"If you bite me, we are going to have an issue," Nicolette said defensively, holding the throwing blade in front of her - just in case. As harmless as the creature seemed, she was very concerned about keeping her body and appearance unscathed and untouched.

???
&
Fakhir​
It was in a different area of the maze where these two were, and someone was trying to convince Fakhir to let him out. "Come on. Let me out. I won't do anything." This had been going on for a few hours, and it was trying Fakhir's patience. "I told you, I'm the centaur set to guard you today, to make sure you don't escape. You can't easily convince me to let you out, psychopath. There is absolutely no way that I'll let you out-" "But it's boring in here and my legs are cramped. Can't you at least let me walk around a bit?" The prison cell was spacious because it was one of the three in the hedgemaze. "There is plenty enough space in that cell of yours. You can deal with the chains on your feet." Fakhir looked over at his blacksmith area, wanting more than anything to go back there and not continue watching the idiot in the cell.

About an hour later, which is the present time of everyone, another centaur came to take his place. He went back and started working on some more weapons. He hadn't ad many orders, because luckily enough none of the others weapons had seen too much battle to need repairs. He wondered if there would be any battle soon, as he didn't forget the humans disgusted looks at him that day.

(Anyone can interact with Fakhir, but not the prisoner yet.)

~Petal Rose~

Petal breathed in and out slowly, as she felt Aya's thumb through the flower, with her anxiety deflating slowly, as the redness of the rose started to deflate quickly back in to its classic deep red color. Well until the odd lady opened her mouth again. A weapon?! Petal thought now squeezing her sides once more as the rose suddenly grew much much brighter then it did before along with the temp of the rose petals growing hotter by the second. Aya wouldn't use her like that? Would he? The little rose fairy as started to panic even more.
Sinnamon_Pie Sinnamon_Pie MJ ._. MJ ._.

Aya continued to caress the rose gently, "I don't know what your problem is, and I made up my mind I'm not leaving. This is my home, where I was born. I'm not going to leave because of some danger. I'll still help you if you wish." he let out cautiously. He stared at the rose and guilt filled his eyes for a moment before vanishing. He still questioned that sentence. He'd never use Petal, Petal was close to him and closer than anyone else was.

This lady seemed somewhat nice at first, but her chosen words didn't stick with him right.

MJ ._. MJ ._.
Nico Nii Nico Nii

Tavia was sitting on a rock brushing out her hair humming. It was nice morning and she was waiting for Nami to come to the surface. "She's late......I told her I was going to do her hair this morning." She looked out into the water then on to the land. "...I think I'll surprise Aya today" She giggled to herself. She looked back into the water. "Dang it where is she? Nami?!" She called out. "Come on I want to do your hair!" She put her brush down debating if she should go look for her.
. D O V E . D O V E

Dan watched the kitsune leaving. "I assume the answer is you have seen non before." She said and looked at the elf again. "Well, she wasn't patient enough to listen. OK then, whatever you want to do, let's move on. I don't think much time has been left... let's go and meet other... people of this maze." She waved her wand and her notebook disappeared. "Oh... maybe I should explain to you first; this hedge maze was supposed to be unchartable with means no one could map it... it even escaped the satellites' eyes. But recently I noticed this area being seen satellite maps like a large park... that's why I could find it. And this is bad... many other wizards and regulars can come to visit your home and not all of them care about your life..." She said. "Enough with talking let's move on... who is the first we are going to meet?" She asked with the same indifferent tone as before.
(centaur or mermaid?)

Nami may or may not have been caught in the middle of trouble a few minutes ago. Okay! Maybe she was chased by an angry fish a while back for opening the fish's claimed treasure. But to her defense, she has no idea that it was the fish's.

And so after rush swimming to the ever familiar rock where Tavia is probably impatiently waiting, she finally spotted her friend's back as she say oh the shore. The white haired mermaid planned to sneak behind her friend and try to surprise her.

Yet as she neared, Tavia called out. It was Nami who let out a yelp in surprise instead, "H-how did you know I was there?" she squeaked out before sitting next to her best friend on the rock. She did promise to let her fix her hair this morning.
animegirl20 animegirl20

Tavia jumped a little to see Nami behind her. She smiled, "Finally I was wondering where you were come on sit." Once she was on the rock she started brushing her hair. "So wanna visit the others today? I'm sure Hil wouldn't mind carrying us over." She said as she continued to brush her hair. "Let's see what kind of style should I do..." She mumbled to herself.
. D O V E . D O V E

As if the mention of his name were to somehow be responsible for summoning the giant. Hil made his presences with his footsteps that caused lake's water to lightly ripple arrived at the lake where the two mermaids were relaxing and chatting. Hil smile when he spotted his two water-dwelling friends there, Hil didn't waste time in greeting them, "Hellosh friendsh, Hil ish happy tu see yus" he then lowered himself into a sitting position beside the lake
animegirl20 animegirl20 . D O V E . D O V E

Last edited:
Nami smiled at Tavia's suggestion, "I would love to!" her smile only grew wider when her giant friend made his presence known with his footsteps. Nami waved at him, "Hello Hil!" she greeted him cheerfully. Then she turned to Tavia, "J-just don't style my hair again like that time everyone thought I was wearing coral reefs for a hair..." she chuckled nervously as she remembered that day.

animegirl20 animegirl20 billthesomething billthesomething

Tavia turned to Hil when she heard his foots steps. "Hi Hil! We're happy to se you to!" She said waving at him. Her attention went back to Nami and she ad to agree with her on her comment about the last hair style she did. "Yeah......that wasn't my best idea...but this one! I'm sure will be perfect!" Feeling inspired she went full speed doing her hair. Tavia doing hair was always interesting it would either turn out really good or really bad....so let's see how this one turns out. "Done! Well I think this one turned out pretty well."
2fa6c97f8cddffc18f6adf6d2d7ea7ae--roman-hairstyles-grecian-hairstyles.jpg
billthesomething billthesomething
. D O V E . D O V E

Nami evidently peeked up when she saw her reflection on one of her underwater makeshift mirror. She faced Tavia with sparkling eyes, "Wow! You're really amazing!" she gave her best friend a good hug before pulling away, "Now we can go hang out with Hil, right?" her tone was excited.
animegirl20 animegirl20

Tavia smiled, " Of course it is." she said responding to Nami's complement. She hugged Nami back then smiled looking towards Hil. "Sure can. Hey Hil! Want to go hang out now? Maybe we can try to find the others."
. D O V E . D O V E
billthesomething billthesomething
Hil had been quietly watching Tavia style Nami's hair into what it was now, so when he heard them address him, his smile only widened at her question "Yah!" was his short if an overly-enthusiastic response to their inquiry. Hanging out with his friends was only his second most favorite thing to do. as he proceeded to scoop the mermaids up into his hand

~Altair~
The slick white fox landed on all four paws ever-so-delicately on the floor of the hedgemaze. After traveling some distance, her legs grew tired. Trotting at a moderate pace, her medium-length fur bobbed up and down to her pace. Though she had been in the hedgemaze for some time now, there were still many parts that she had not explored. The area she was entering smelled different than most. It smelled... Salty? To her left was a brush that the little fox could squeeze under to survey the new location. Altair slid under the small, low-hanging branches with ease, peering through the cracks to asses the location.

There what seemed to be machines - many of them, lined up in what appeared to be an unorganized fashion. A few weapons lay around as well, making the place look a little less welcome. The fox cocked her head to the side, ears flopping to follow suit. The air felt warmer, thicker. Altair sniffed for signs of life, her eyes scanning the place. To her left, as if right on cue, appeared a large being she had never seen before. It, or rather he, was intimidatingly large and muscular. Though the bottom half appeared to be horse-like, the top half resembled a large elf, or human. Altair shifted her position slightly to be more covered by the brush. A being like that could tear her apart in mere seconds, it was going to take a little more observation to determine whether or not he was friendly.

Altair glanced around herself. If he did spot her there it would be a difficult predicament. He would have the upper ground. Delicately, the white fox inched backwards out of the brush until she was behind it. Staying low to the ground, she advanced towards a nearby tree, placing her paws gingerly on the ground. Rounding a side of the tree where she could not be seen by the being, Altair leaped upwards. Her claws extended as she landed gracefully on the bark. The slender fox crawled her way to a branch, covered mostly by leaves and twigs, that hung slightly over a portion of the newly discovered area. Making herself low to the branch and small, Altair crept out to watch the large creature with her improved view and defensive positioning.

The graceful fox's silver sultry eyes gazed down with curiosity as the being started working with the equipment. It appeared that he was forging weapons of some sort. Though Altair did not have the exact words to define such actions, it made sense to her. With what the witch was talking about earlier, maybe this creature was preparing himself for the worst to come in regards to the eminent human destruction of their home. For a moment, the creature moved into a spot where the leaves were covering. Moving slowly down the branch, it began to bend slightly. She would have to be careful if she were to move any further - her weight could snap the branch, and though she had a habit of landing of all four paws it would be a rather significant fall. One paw at a time, Altair crept forward until she believed any further would result in a bad situation. She was able to poke her nose a half inch through the leaves, creating a hole to look through. As she did this, two leaves drifted from her branch to the dirt ground below.

Flareshield Flareshield

Aya thought for a moment. "The closest area..." he let out as he thought. He pointed to one of the paths away from the open area. "Is this way." he placed the rose in his pocket, a thumb still upon the fragile petals, as he grabbed his staff and began to walk, leading her further into the maze.

He would glance at the rose for a moment as he walked, almost grimacing.

He spotted a familiar face over the hedge, and almost smiled at it as well. However, it didn't show.

MJ ._. MJ ._.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back