• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The HändęiMen

The burning pain in her hand and the stabs of pain due to the voice rendered Abby completely speechless, which was incredibly rare. Tears sprung to her eyes as Damien first jerked her, the tiny voice assaulted her, and then the burn began to fade.

She found herself staring at their hands, which had seemingly fused together in exactly the position they had put them in. Experimentally, she tried to wiggle her thumb, and upon realizing that she had not only lost control of her hand but all feeling, she tried to pull her hand away from Dominic's again.

The only thing Abby could muster was a blunt, "WHAT the FUCK."

You CRETINS! I FEEL YOU PULLING! I AM A WRETCH FROM THE UNDERWORLD! A DEVOURER OF MEN! ALL POWERFUL AND ALL SEEING! DON'T MAKE ME COME BACK THERE!

Dominic was reeling, "Fuck! Fuck you!" He looked at Abby in horror and did the only thing he could think of-- reach over and poke their hands.

OW! YOU MONSTERS! I'LL DESTROY YOU!

Then their melded hands started to twitch, the fingers wriggling in unnaturally fluid motions. It was more than a little disgusting to look at. Then their hands jerked forward, until their elbows creaked and they were looking down into tiny, newly formed beady eyes on their hands. And wow, was this weird. And WOW, was this demon pretty underwhelming.

FOOLS! LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE! YOU'VE SUMMONED ME BACKWARDS!

"What-- I don't-- thi--This isn't--" Abby sputtered, looking wildly back at Dom, then at the little black eyes that had sprouted on their hands (rather, their hand? Did it still count as theirs? Did it still count has a hand?).

"Well--if you're--UNHAPPY with your situation, then you can just fuck right off!" She replied wildly, looking at Dominic again. "I mean, this isn't--This isn't what we signed up for! This isn't right!"

Not what YOU signed up for? Tough luck! You got me this way, and this is how I'll be. At least until I RIP YOU APART!

The shrill voice was getting a little less grating as the demon spoke. It was kind of approaching more of a squeaky tone, like one might imagine a stuffed animal speaking in. The demon shook violently, bristling at Abby's words.

You think I'm going to serve two bozos who couldn't even summon me right for an eternity? I demand you put me back or I'll make good on my threats!

"Well you see, I'd love to do that, only uh, we don't have reverse instructions." Dominic sputtered out. He gestured at the book, "I just did my best and we followed the instructions to a T! So don't get pissed at US!"

Let me see that.

Then Dominic felt the hand warm slightly. Experimentally, he moved Händęi towards the book, tugging Abby slightly. The demon got warmer.

"Are we playing...Hot-Cold?"

Get me over there, fool!

Abby shuffled over towards the book so the angry demon wouldn't pull her arm out of her socket or something.

"He's right," Abby added, backing Dominic up. "This isn't our fault!"

But just in case, she glanced over the grimoire as well. Maybe they'd missed something...?

The book sat there, not offering any answers. Dominic took this opportunity to compare Haändęi to the blurred drawing of himself in the book. What had previously looked like a tentacle monster now clearly resembled the uncomfortable mess of flesh that his and Abby's mangled hands were. Too boot, the drawing was now also revealed to be "actual size".

"Look. I really doubt that if you were all powerful or all seeing, you'd waste your time yelling at us instead of like...smiting us. So how about you tell us what you CAN do and we'll get out of this mess."

F-fool. I'm not killing you because I don't uh, feel like it! At this moment!

Dominic suddenly felt very tired. Oh god. They were so fucking stupid.

"We've been in this relationship for less than 10 minutes and I think it's safe to say we're done with it."

WELL. Händęi's tone seems a little more defeated. If You've lost the instructions, then I'm here to stay. Unfortunately.

Dominic looked at Abby. "Meaning...we can't...detach?"

Not at all.

Again, a short stream of sentence fragments tumbled from Abby's mouth. "You don't seriously-- we can't-- it's-- not--" She paused and took a deep breath. "YOU don't even know how to break this up? How all-powerful can you BE if you don't even KNOW how to break a stupid CONTRACT?"

She turned to Dominic and stared him down, lips pressed into a thin like, brows furrowed. "Maybe we can, like--cut us--apart?" she haltingly suggested. The idea didn't exactly appeal to her, but if they couldn't feel their hands then what did they have to lose? Besides, stuck together as they were, how were they supposed to do anything? Go to classes? Sleep? Use the bathroom???

Don't you dare bring a knife to this horrid new body of mine. I'll eat it. And I'm all powerful, when you uh, get to know me.

"I think I need to. Lie. Down." So in the middle of their blood spattered demonic summoning circle, Dominic kept his arm as high in the air as he could but just gently descended to the ground.

Fool? Cretin? Kid?

"I should have known this was a terrible idea. We're those kids in horror movies. Only instead of dying, we're getting a nonsensical and stupid punishment we'll live with forever."

"I guess that's better than dying," she replied earnestly.

Abby followed him down so he didn't have to pull on her arm and ended up sitting cross-legged next to him. She twisted her arm so the could look their new pal in the eyes and squinted at him.

That's all. Just squinted.

God. You humans are ugly. I think the one on the floor is broken. Are you?

He looked up at Abby with those beady little eyes.

Hey. If you figure out how to properly aid me, I will be able to grant you, let's say, a 'helping hand'.

"AUUUUGH. HE MADE A HAND JOKE," she yelled at Dominic. "I CAN'T LIVE WITH THIS. I CAN'T DO IT. A FUCKING HAND J--"

Abby paused.

She looked down at the demon.

"Hey, you need to get a handle on your manners or we're not going to get along."

Heh. You're hands down the spunkiest Vessel I've had yet.

Dominic was not moving. He was staring at the ceiling, and maybe starting to cry a little bit. "We'll never be able to use the bathroom alone again. Kill me."

I'd love to! Don't tempt me.

(((((imma sleep now sim sorry)))))))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back