What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guild Stone ((Open Adventure))

Sub Genres
  1. Action
  2. Adventure
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Rex Tesseri

Voidless Abyss
Themisto Pallasi
Mentions: Minma Minma Blyke Luxford Blyke Luxford

"In the immediate area there are currently no spirits. Now by immediate I mean about roughly twenty meters in each direction." Themisto blinked two times with both eyes, glaring directly Lynx as he stopped "If there is not --" Themisto began but was interrupted by him "The illusions casted oddly were able to falter my ability to pick up on frequency of a spirit. It's possible the person behind them was already prepared for someone with my ability."
Themisto sighed, looking down, and replied "The frequency of a spirit... Falter... well... we could try to reduce this noise--" a silhouette appeared behind her. Themisto's eyes focused on her feet for a second and she noticed a shadow coming for the kill, instinctively the horned-girl quick-reacted, generating a light construct in the shape of a claymore that born from her wand-like stone. A swift rotation on her own Z-axis, brandishing this sword with one hand, the blade transpassed the one who was behind. It fell cold on the ground. There was no blood, only a glowing cut. "Well, that was a close one!"

Chinchia

Broom Shroom
Tyron Avattica
Mentions:
Vol Vol Swiftshots Swiftshots
Tyron watched the battlemage turn full circle, half expecting something to fly out of the walls and slam into them. They seemed undisturbed by the same exhaustion he and the witch displayed. No rise and fall of their shoulders. No sound at all to indicate they even breathed--and Tyron had better hearing than most. He turned to the witch, narrowing his eyes as he checked again that yes, their breath rattled in and out of their chest.

Glop... glop..

He froze at a different noise, straining his ears. Like Zion, however, he realised where it was coming from too late. Above-?!

'Oh shit-'

Tyron spun back around in time to see the dark body descend atop the third member of their group. A mass of malleable gel, a single, bleached skull floating at the top--

Fuck! A black slime, one of the worst. An acidic creature that fed off the remains of the undead, toxic enough to dissolve bone-

'Anything but this.'

Tyron was inclined to agree. Most slimes picked the bones bare. Black and red slimes made sure there was nothing left to bury. Beneath the dissolving scraps of material Tyron glimpsed the tell-tale signs of white bone--so it had already eaten through the skin. Settling into a grim scowl, Tyron nonetheless raised an arm, the air beginning to hum in front of his hand.

A simple sound wave. For dealing with slimes it was ideal, but the underground surroundings made it complicated. "Oi witch-" Tyron said. Adjusting spells was her specialty, right? "Make sure this doesn't hit the walls."

Or we'll be dealing with a bigger issue than the slime.

Last edited:
Klein EshwaldKlein Eshwald Small.jpg

Mentions: Minma Minma Rex Tesseri Rex Tesseri
"Allow me a minute. Guard me if you will." Klein nodded, he had already put up several thin almost invisible strings that would alert him if someone came into contact with them so he didn't do anything special except slightly tightening his grip on his cane.

Lynx soon stood up again, turning to him and Themisto to report. "In the immediate area there are currently no spirits. Now by immediate I mean about roughly twenty meters in each direction." Klein tapped his cane on the street softly as he processed the information. Lynx's observation was in line with what he expected. He assumed the spirit would have taken residence in the illusion of Gaelyn Fortress, unwilling or perhaps unable to leave.

"The illusions casted oddly were able to falter my ability to pick up on frequency of a spirit. It's possible the person behind them was already prepared for someone with my ability." "That doesn't seem unlikely." Klein started. "If we really are dealing with the spirit of lord Glaeder we're up against an opponent that has several lifetimes of experience in magic, it's not too outrageous to assume that he has found a way to disrupt most forms of searching magic."

"The frequency of a spirit... Falter... well... we could try to reduce this noise--" Klein was about to respond when a figure appeared behind Themisto, he instantly raised his hand, ready to step in if necessary, but Themisto handled the attack rather well, taking out the figure in a single clean slash. Klein was pleased to see his two teammates could handle themselves well enough. This mission had already turned into something more complicated than he had anticipated and he didn't even know the full extent of his opponent's abilities yet.

"Well, that was a close one!" Klein gave her an approving and affirmative nod before crouching down next to the now lifeless figure. He carefully poked it in the side and was met with the resistance one would expect when poking a corporeal object. Klein had expected something like this but even so, finding an illusion that he could touch and interact with was still a somewhat surreal experience.

After a particularly hard poke from Klein's cane, the figure slowly faded away leaving behind not even the slightest trace of its prior existence. He stood up and turned to Themisto and Lynx. "Let's start making our way to the fortress, if we're going to find the one at the source of all this it will most likely be there." There was still a lot that Klein wasn't sure about in the current situation but he was sure that staying in the same spot would do them little good.

"Stay alert, I doubt the one behind this will simply let us walk to his fortress." Klein warned the other two as he started walking.

Swiftshots

The Swiftest Shot In The West
1616328857852.png

Eiru Eagna
Gold Rank Support

Eiru wasn't too fused when Zion took a hold of her arm, in fact, she was thankful if anything for the guidance he provided through the thickening smoke. But her thanks would soon run dry when she realised just how much faster the larger framed skeleton could move in comparison to her small frame, especially when he needn't worry about smoke-filled lungs. Fortunately, Eiru managed to keep herself from tripping behind the spellcaster despite the quicker pacing. Which to be honest was a feat in itself. Unfortunately, when he released her wrist Eiru was exhausted and completely out of breath, coughing violently as a result of her exposure to the smoke and irregular pacing.

Eiru took the longest to recover, not having a chance to observe the new chamber before Zion found himself trapped within the gelatinous mass that was the black slime. Fantastic, even in a crypt as old as this Eiru was fated to encounter a slime. A cruel and twisted joke, especially given the slime was that of black slime. The most dangerous type of 'regular' slime. Before Eiru could move to act the red prince began preparing a spell of his own and had demanded Eiru's aid in doing so. With the spell already being cast, Eiru had no choice but to alter it's construction. If she didn't the roof was likely to collapse. But what the prince hadn't taken into consideration was the fact that this was no mere slime. Black slime were highly corrosive and toxic in nature and even a defeated black slime had its dangers. Namely the fact that a sound wave would send its toxic body flying in all directions. If any of it's remains managed to coat the stairs it would very likely become much harder to advance.

None the less it was that or the roof. Placing her left hand on the prince's shoulder Eiru began channelling her mana through the prince's body. Like with Zion, Eiru was limited in how much mana she could use. In fact, the prince could handle far less than Zion. Due to this technicality, Eiru could only use one rune on the prince's magic without causing an astonishing amount of pain and backlash. The prince would also only experience a tingling sensation as opposed to a warm embrace or 'high'. But fortunately one was enough 'Seek'. "You need to imagine your soundwave entering its body and echoing within. Do not. DO NOT. Imagine anything else. Focus... Release!"

Chinchia

Broom Shroom
Tyron Avattica
Mentions:
"You need to imagine your soundwave entering its body and echoing within. Do not. DO NOT. Imagine anything else. Focus..."

Echoing-?

Fine. Tyron's eyes narrowed focusing on the malignant black mass as more and more bleached white was revealed beneath Zion's dissolving cloak. At this point they were too far gone. Tyron was no stranger to losing soldiers on a battlefield. It was a necessary evil, though a regrettable waste all the same. He'd been growing to appreciate their ability to keep the witch entertained.

The sensation that started at his shoulder let him know Eiru's magic had begun to work. It spread throughout his chest, reaching down his arm as it prickled against the skin. The muscles in his arm spasmed with the effort of keeping such a concentration of soundwaves and the interfering runes in check. The casting was significantly harder when he wasn't channelling it through something as solid as a sword.

Echo within the mass. Echo within the mass- He didn't concern himself with the fact it might harm Zion too. At worst it would scatter what was already bone and rags, though hopefully there would be enough muscle to hold him together. Dismembering a corpse was... distasteful practice. Not something an Avattica heir should aspire to. Echo within the mass-

"Release!"

The recoil backfired all the way to his shoulder, but the wave of magic continued uninterrupted. Rather than expanding or losing force over distance, it maintained its shape until slamming into the slime's body.

At first, it seemed to have little effect. Then as slowly as surely the glutinous mass began to burble and expand--Tyron swearing under his breath as he realised the outcome of the spell and grabbed the edge of his cloak. Losing the witch on top of Zion would be... unfortunate. She was useful. And small and easy to shield besides. He wrenched the red material up to create a barrier between them. Not moments later they heard the repulsive squelch of gel coating the walls, and Tyron's cloak wavered with impact of chunks of slime against it.

Disgusting. Some landed on his boot, and he kicked it off in alarm as it began to eat through the outer layers. His cloak bore the brunt of the damage, though it had help up for a good few moments.

"Hells-" he swore, holding up the material for examination. He'd hardly bothered to check if the witch and their furry snake guides were ok. "This is arachnea cloth." Rare and expensive and effective. Tyron could hardly believe the tattered state. It had served him dutifully for years in place of armour. Just how toxic was that wibbly bastard?

The skull floating within the slime had ratcheted off the walls and bounced to a clattering stop nearby on of the pillars. Tyron all but ignored it, glancing up at the former third member of their party, of whom bone and sinew was likely all that remained. Unfortunate, but there was no guarantee they would all have made it out alive.

"There's no helping him." He turned to the witch, examining her briefly for injuries. Hopefully she'd come to the same conclusions as he. It would be troublesome if she had any sort of attachment to the mercenary, but she'd need to put it aside for now. He was confident he could drag her along, willing or not, if the need arose, though it might affect how useful she was later on. "Let's go," he said. The remnants of the slime were slowly eating holes into the walls and pillars.

Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions:
Blyke Luxford Blyke Luxford
The tentative opening of the guild doors drew Azalea's attention, and she glanced over from where Faygo and Elias were still discussing the prospect of a quest. The new addition glanced around the largely empty guild hall--as morning had passed to noon most the adventurers had cleared out on missions--before landing on the three guild staff discussing the aftermath of the morning's incidents.

“Uhm, excuse me, I’m new around here, I was told to look for Azalea?”

They seemed nervous. Wide and flickering eyes that tried to take in everything at once. As the newcomer brushed back part of their hair it struck Azalea why--they might not have had the best reception in other places with ears like that. "Very well. What can we do for you?"

“O-oh, I’m sorry how could I forget, my name is Kathlyn Silva. I’m here in hopes of finding work." Not unusual. There were no end of stragglers seeking a living where normal livelihoods were impossible or too constricting. They seemed around Sherly's age, though nowhere near as outgoing the other half-elf barmaid. "Expert and aficionado of and in all things medicine, herbs and other flora…"

They trailed off, eyes roaming around the straggled branches and sprouts. Azalea gave a resigned sigh. Was her appearance really so fascinating? "Go on."

"A-ah, sorry! I didn’t mean to stare. I’m also proficient at using healing magic. I can take care of various other administrative tasks, I’m used to helping my father out around his shop."

Azalea paused, considering their words. They didn't lack for healers, though adventurers with such a skillset were always in high demand. "I see. You seem very capable, but..." Their disposition didn't seem suited for potentially dangerous missions. "Are you sure you wouldn't prefer a safer line of work?" They seemed more like they'd be at home in an apothecary, where they could put their skills to use. The guild's main source of income was through quests, after all, they didn't have unlimited funds to hire staff without a pressing need. Such had been Elias's case, where the previous cook had moved back into the city, or Faygo who had offered to take the messy task of dealing with creature companions off Azalea's hands.

Swiftshots

1616328857852.png

Eiru Eagna
Gold Rank Support

Eiru was concerned with how weak the princes magic was in comparison to the slime as a result of no medium being present but all she could do was hope the soundwaves would be enough to blow the gelatinous mass to pieces. Fortunately, it was. When the slime began to balloon and spasm Eiru moved to crouch behind the prince, taking the ferrets in her arms to better shield them from the toxic hail about to unfold. To her surprise, the prince moved to shield her and aside from a small pinhole in her pointy hat, Eiru emerged unscathed as a result. Moving to a stand Eiru let the ferrets sit atop both her shoulders and with little time now to advance she moved quickly toward where Zion had fallen following the blast.

He had been inside the slime for quite some time and unfortunately there was no way he could hope to hide his secret any longer. Examining his body Eiru was glad to find no residual Slime left on him, although that wasn't to say he was in all too good a shape. His bones had suffered a great deal from the overexposure to the acidic slime. With time and a stable mana source, he would heal but unlike with the living, healing magic was likely not going to help in the process. Necromancy maybe but to Eiru's knowledge, no one in the guild had access to the forbidden art of necromancy. Time then was the likely bet. "Zion, can you move? is your soul chamber damaged? How's your mana, are you low? Talk to me. If you need mana I can donate more than enough."

Eiru moved to kneel beside the undead, she refrained from touching him or forcing her mana upon him but without doing either it was hard for her to grasp the situation. Undead were hard to read. Especially sentient ones. "I'm no medic but you were in there for quite some time. Be careful your bones are bound to have weakened considerably."

Vagabond Spectre

Five Thousand Club
Elias Allard

Watching the crab struggle to free itself from Azalea using it’s violent movements. His eyes have no sympathy for such a creature regardless of what Faigyo had said. He couldn’t care less if it begged for mercy, if it weren’t for Azalea passing the-now-entangled crab to Faigyo, he could have proceeded to cook it without hesitation. Maybe he would even enjoy it screaming, as he boils it or butcher it.

Setting sadistic thoughts aside. Azalea received a few cuts from the crab but nothing even close to threatening as she reacts little no pain. He faced away from the two, getting a sight over the kitchen. Everything seems to be flowing fine now that the rascal has been arrested. His hand placed itself on his chin, reflecting back to the conversation of the origins of this bizarre incident. Then came a question that caught the man’s attention back to the scribe.

“Hmm? I’m sorry?”

Obviously caught off guard, now that she mentioned it. It’s quite rare for him to ever go outside the guild other than shopping for more rations and ingredients in some occasions. Looking down onto the greased floor, processing an answer on his head. Almost took him half a minute to answer before his head looked back Azalea. While it could get dangerous, Azalea did ask him to take on the quest, he began to murmur to himself as if doubting himself if he could do it. After careful consideration he opened his mouth to say...

“Ye-“

Briefly interrupted by another distinct sound. Azalea left the kitchen to check on the guild hall. Confusing him for a brief second. Only left with Faigyo and animals co. His eyes looked back into the bundled carb that Azalea left in his hands. He gave a sigh to clear himself.

“I was admitting to her that i was saying yes. Do you have business elsewhere, sire? Care to spare time on this mission?”

“I think the kitchen can go on without me anyway.”

Basically asking Faigyo if he was going to join in the mission since his already visual expression of interest in this odd crab mutation is already present since he got here.

Chinchia Chinchia Vol Vol

Last edited:

Vol

Pᴇʀsᴇᴠᴇʀᴀɴᴄᴇ
dd06uyv-d96e5e5e-44fd-4b59-ad75-9c71fe05cbe7.jpg
OF UNDEAD AND MEN
Interactions: Tyron Avattica Chinchia Chinchia / Eiru Eagna Swiftshots Swiftshots
Honourable mentions:
Quest: Rescue Mission
Reward: 2000 Coins​

A nerveless entity would not feel the acidic embrace of the necrotic slime, so Zion didn't scream out in pain. Which was for the best for his living companions, for telepathic static would've muddled their concentration. Instead Zion's howls were directed to the aether, the astral plane, to the ethereal; threads of the magic that chained him to the mortal coil were being eaten away so, so, slowly. It was agonising. It was torture.

The soul within the skeletal ribcage thrashed and stuttered as it fought to break free from its vessel, but to no avail.
That was until, a small reveberation that grew into a seismic shock destroyed the necrotic slime.

Zion felt unburdened for the first time in a very, very long time. The armour that hid his form clattered to the floor but the cloak and hood he had worn were torn beyond repair.

Colour was amiss in his sudden tunnelvision and he could not hear the splattering of the slime's remains against cobblestone. The world for him, at this moment, was like black and white polaroid film. A blue soul hovered where the battlemage had once been, pulsating like a heart that was ripped from its owner.
Zion's bones were scattered and splintered across the room from the might of Tyron's and Eiru's magic. Suddenly they rattled and slowly gravitated towards the hovering light. Strange magic knitted the broken bone together, reforming it whole, before it gathered and strangely built itself upwards piece-by-piece; the basic skeleton of a big boned human lying supine.

Then chains reappeared, curling around the wisps of his soul, trapping it once more inside the ribcage, before dissipating into starlight. Colour returned, and so did the sound of limestone melting against acid. Zion managed to catch the clipped "farewell" of the prince in red. 'Dutiful. Cannot say I would not have reacted the same way if I was in his position.' He found himself thinking, as if he had not just revealed to them what he actually was.

"Zion, can you move? is your soul chamber damaged? How's your mana, are you low? Talk to me. If you need mana I can donate more than enough."
Eyeless sockets stared back at the witch.
"I'm no medic but you were in there for quite some time. Be careful your bones are bound to have weakened considerably."
Zion decided to test her statement as he tried to lift up an arm, only for it to splinter and break off. Plumes of blue smoke filtered through the spaces between his exposed teeth; frustration then resignation. Suddenly the said arm knitted itself back together and snapped back to place. Not only was his soul seemingly cursed to be stuck to this vessel, it was the same predicament with the skeletal form.

'Not the first time something like this happened. But by slime and sound magic? Yes.'
The undead adventurer's telepathy was softer, fainter than its usual confident echo. 'Just give me time, your restoration should not be wasted on one that cannot properly die.'
A truth said with disdain but also inevitable acceptance.
'However, your offer...is greatly appreciated.' And he meant his gratitude at her aid, not everyone would immeditately do such a thing once you discovered an undead, be it sentient or mindless.

He willed himself to sit up, bones creaking underneath the pressure, but was successful. Zion's skull refused to turn to Lord Avattica as he commanded skeletal fingers to methodically re-equip the armour that had fallen off of him. He would wait for the princeling's reaction while trying to gather himself -- also he did not think that far ahead on what to say if such a reveal happened...

Vol

Pᴇʀsᴇᴠᴇʀᴀɴᴄᴇ
LET'S HEAR IT
face.png
Waystone Guild Hall, Outskirts of Lantana City
Interactions: Elias Allard Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
Honourable Mentions: Azalea Gibraltar Chinchia Chinchia / Kathlyn Silva Blyke Luxford Blyke Luxford

The Beastmaster managed to catch the crab with one hand before his animal companion could snap up and interfere. With a tiny smile he probably didn't know was on his face, he cooed quietly over his new entangled 'friend' . The hand that tried to pet the parts that weren't covered by vines seemed to take on a strange sheen; a similar colouration and texture of the crab. With a soft flash, a pincer the size of Faygo's hand replaced the normal one, and he slowly snipped away at the vines. The crab had stilled at that gesture, its confusion overwhelming its struggles.

"You need to catch a break sometime, Az--" The half-elf started, but cut himself off with a not unkind "oh, 'kay" when the receptionist moved out of the kitchen and out to the guild hall. Probably needed once again.

Elias Allard said:
“I was admitting to her that i was saying yes. Do you have business elsewhere, sire? Care to spare time on this mission?”
“I think the kitchen can go on without me anyway.”

Faygo finally raised his head, eyebrow quirked and one eye wide from its usual half-lidded state.
"Mission? You mean questing? Oh, well, ya see..." The crab, finally freed from its viney prison, had clipped itself onto Faygo's pincer hand, probably still processing whatever the hell was going on, "I'm not really the venturin' type anymore..also I got a new beastie here to take care of." With the pincer, he held up the knife crab. It's little legs dangling in the air and knife-arm awkwardly cutting at nothing. The strength and ferocity replaced with idle instinct.

Effy, disappointed that her sap snack had wandered off, went back to coil around Faygo's feet. Disinterested by the crab now, and probably just wanting to reserve her energy.

"Unless," He waggled an eyebrow at Elias, his minuscle smile morphing to a playful show of teeth. "I wanna hear how persuasive you can be."
The prospect of seeing more cursed creatures was an interesting one, and possibly securing some and aiding their condition but...

Sure the Beastmaster had a whole department to take care of as well, though the workload was much less widespread than Azalea's. He had a few assistants here and there, but most of the inner workings was executed by him. Also he did have a purpose on dropping by which was was to consult Azalea about the new feedstock to be delivered to the Bestiary. Though from the sounds of it, the dryad seemed to be preoccupied with someone else at the moment.

He really wished she could be given a break, or an assistant of some sort. The job isn't just wearing her down physically, he figured, but emotionally as well -- she now lacked a certain...feeling from before. He wondered if it wasn't just the job. He let the thought pass, eyes glazing over for a moment before it cleared and trained back to the chef. He tucked it away as another query for another time.

Last edited:
Kathlyn SilvaKathlyn Silva.png

Mentions: Chinchia Chinchia
"I see. You seem very capable, but..." Kathlyn didn’t like the sound of that, nothing good ever came after a but. "Are you sure you wouldn't prefer a safer line of work?"

Kathlyn recollected her thoughts for a moment before responding. “Well, uhm, I was hoping to mostly stay here in the building. I can provide potions and salves to people before they depart and provide additional healing magic treatment when they return.”

She set down her backpack on a nearby table before rummaging around in the main compartment, various bottles clinking against each other before she pulled out a small vial. She held the vial containing a light purple liquid up to Azalea. “This one is my own recipe, it soothes headaches for at least 24 hours and I can whip it up in less than 10 minutes. I know headaches aren’t exactly the most revolutionary thing to cure but I always carry this with me because it’s a fairly common problem.” Kathlyn explained, holding the vial out to Azalea. “You can have this one if you want.”

“I know it sounds like I would be more suited to working at a village doctor’s place instead but this place has people going on adventures to all sorts of different places, so many new environments, so many new ingredients, so many new medicine possibilities.”
Kathlyn rattled on, a sparkle in her eyes. Talking about her medicine had helped her get over her initial nervousness and aside from the small bit that remained she was now back to her usual personality.

Almost without taking a break to breathe she continued. “I don’t require much for payment, I just need shelter, food and money for vials, bottles and other containers for my medicine, those are my only actual expense.” She explained. “I have everything I need to create my medicine with me, that’s why my backpack is that big.” She pointed at her somewhat oversized backpack before continuing.

“I can go on quests if you require me to but I’m afraid your assessment wasn’t wrong, I’m not exactly suited for combat, all I carry in the form of weapons is the knife I use to cut herbs…” She fell silent for a brief moment before her eyes lit up. “But maybe I can start a delivery service. You must have some sort of magical flying creature here that can cross big distances right? Maybe I can use those to deliver medicine to people while they are on quests!” Kathlyn said, eyes shining. She was totally swept up in the idea. Not realizing that all of this would most likely place a bigger burden on the guild to provide for her.

“And like I said before, I’m also good at administration and keeping stock due to my experience in my father’s shop. I can assist with those things when I’m not making my medicine.” To hell with it, Kathlyn hadn’t come here to be an administrator but if she could do it on the side while also working on her medicine she was willing to give it a shot in hopes of convincing Azalea.

Chinchia

Broom Shroom
Ymir
Mentions:
"That certainly sounds like her, group dynamics huh... I'm not sure about the standard or official definition for a group but then again, when have we ever cared about the standard way to do something?"

Well, once upon a long time ago--she might've, but those days were in the dust. The present was a far more interesting place.

"The two of us are as non-standard as they come. If you ask me, two people make for a perfectly acceptable group." The paragons of the journey being better than the destination. Neither of them preferred to fight, really. There were far more interesting things to do.

Ymir nodded along, examining the walls around them where between the remnants of frozen adventurers, the contours in the ice formed smooth and layered waves. She listened as Leo continued, though her gaze drifted elsewhere. "A proper expedition team, that sounds like a thrilling way to spend my life. You can play the role of diligent and efficient captain-"

Diligent?
She blinked, grinning back at Leo. We're in trouble if I'm the diligent one.

"-and I'll be your devilishly handsome vice-captain," he declared. Ymir snorted, cutting back on a laugh that would echo too much in the winding chambers. A perfect combo. They'd be sure to charm whatever wildebeast came after them next. "Count me in. If you'll have me in your team that is of course, captain."

He turned to her with a mock salute. She grinned, returning it with similar gusto. "But of course. You best be prepared for hell though, vice." The realms beyond the human land were filled with all sorts of threat.

Hmm, vice? Vice-C? Vic? She decided his name sounded better. Neither of them were suited to stuffy titles.

"I guess we'll see how this one goes. Let's go kick the ass of whatever is up there before that cackling drives me mad. It's horribly out of tune."

"Aye! That's one fiendish cackle." Ymir's eyes flickered with magic as she came to a stop. She paused as if to consider something, before the eager grin returned and she clapped her hands together. "Well then- first order of business. How are you with buffering your fall from a drop?" Skipping forwards, she slid to a stop at the corner before the path dropped off completely. "Seems like there's a cavern below this. I think--think there might be water at the bottom-" Her eyes flared as she concentrated. Things that flowed were tricky to pinpoint, especially when they were so far down. "Wouldn't count on that to break the fall though."

Another round of cackling echoed out of the icy depths. Ymir pulled a face. That's gonna get annoying.

Chinchia

Broom Shroom
Tyron Avattica
Mentions:
Tyron had grimaced when the bones scattered along with the slime, ignorant to the fact there had been two skulls rolling to a stop amidst the aftermath. The muscles in his arm cramped with the aftermath of his magic. It wasn't an unanticipated outcome, but what he didn't expect was the sphere of light that remained, pulsing in the air where their chest had been. That almost looks like...

A soul. It had to be, though he'd never seen one before. Tyron doubted the mage would have left any residual magic. It hovered and pulsed where Zion's chest would have been, lingering though its body had long since disappeared...

The rift. Tyron blinked. He had been taught about them, though there was little that they knew. As far as he was concerned, they were nothing but a blight on the land. Threats that needed to be contained before they brought disaster. He'd heard nothing of souls lingering within them. Perhaps because they were partly connected to a realm where souls resided...

His hand fell to his sword hilt when the bones began to rattle. He turned, anticipating an attack as they lifted off the ground--

They passed harmlessly by, pulled towards the floating ball of light by some invisible force--turning, spinning, adjusting--until the skeleton of a body began to form. Alarm flared in his chest as he realised what was happening. They're being reanimated--

"Zion, can you move? is your soul chamber damaged?"

Goddammit it!

The witch rushed forwards as he began to draw his blade, placing herself in the way. She seemed completely unaware of the danger she was in. Bodies didn't just begin to reassemble themselves. Whatever higher power was at work had sunk its claws into the remains of the battlemage--no matter what attachments she had, that body wasn't what she remembered--

"How's your mana, are you low? Talk to me. If you need mana I can donate more than enough."

The corpse tried to lift an arm, before it broke off and a plume of blue smoke poured from its mouth in place of a howl. Not moments later the bones reattached themselves, compelled by a magic beyond its ability. "I'm no medic but you were in there for quite some time. Be careful your bones are bound to have weakened considerably-"

Witch-! There was a limit to how much stupidity he could take.

Tyron stepped forward, grabbing a fistful of the too-large cloak and wrenching her away from the corpse as it had begun to sit up. The thing was not their companion any longer, no matter her delusions. Would it take getting half her face bitten off before she realised?

"Are you insane?" he snapped, keeping a firm grip on her cloak as the undead body began to reach for pieces of its armour. Its movements were sluggish, methodical. Its attention devoted to that one task. "Whatever sorcerer is commanding these hordes has taken over the body. You can't do anything for him now, unless you intend to put him to rest."

And something about the way she had addressed the undead corpse, as if it were still a he and not an it, told him she wouldn't be up for such a task.

Last edited:

Chinchia

Broom Shroom
Azalea Gibraltar
Interactions:
Mentions: Vol Vol Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
“Well, uhm, I was hoping to mostly stay here in the building. I can provide potions and salves to people before they depart and provide additional healing magic treatment when they return.”

Well, it wouldn't be unhelpful to have such a service. Most the adventurers had learned to patch themselves up over the years, but there were no shortage of incidents and injuries.

“This one is my own recipe, it soothes headaches for at least 24 hours and I can whip it up in less than 10 minutes. I know headaches aren’t exactly the most revolutionary thing to cure but I always carry this with me because it’s a fairly common problem. You can have this one if you want.”

Azalea took the vial proffered to her. Holding it to the light, she examined the glittering contents as the liquid inside shimmered and swirled. It was soothing to look at. More the pity it didn't solve the source of the headache, unless one considered the vial itself a projectile.

“I know it sounds like I would be more suited to working at a village doctor’s place instead..."
Azalea's gaze returned to the younger half-elf. "But this place has people going on adventures to all sorts of different places, so many new environments, so many new ingredients, so many new medicine possibilities. I don’t require much for payment, I just need shelter, food and money for vials, bottles and other containers for my medicine, those are my only actual expense. I have everything I need to create my medicine with me, that’s why my backpack is that big.”

She certainly lacked nothing for enthusiasm, judging by the size of the bag. It seemed unpleasant to put that weight on such small shoulders, but Azalea didn't dislike the eagerness that shone through. The willingness to carry that burden no matter the cost... ah, but that was just it. The cost.

“I can go on quests if you require me to but I’m afraid your assessment wasn’t wrong, I’m not exactly suited for combat, all I carry in the form of weapons is the knife I use to cut herbs… But maybe I can start a delivery service. You must have some sort of magical flying creature here that can cross big distances right? Maybe I can use those to deliver medicine to people while they are on quests!”

Young, idealistic, perhaps a tad naïve. Brave enough to dream of a different world. Will you think the same way after you've seen its other side?

“And like I said before, I’m also good at administration and keeping stock due to my experience in my father’s shop. I can assist with those things when I’m not making my medicine.”

Azalea passed a hand over her face. Faygo's silent observations, Elias's unspoken concerns, they echoed a truth. She was tired. There were endless tasks, and so few hands to complete them.

"Perhaps..." Azalea said, considering Kathryn's hopeful expression. "I may be in need of an assistant." As things stood, she could not be everywhere she was needed. "I am aware your desire lies in potion-making, but the guild has many healers. Less so, people who are willing to deal with the more tedious side of adventuring."

Azalea turned towards the back of the hall, where the doors led off into the standard guild quarters, and to the side of them locked rooms for storage. "The work I have for you would be at the front desk. We receive many requests for aid and new members, which need to be processed. I hardly have time to manage the finances on top of them." In truth accounting was Azalea's specialty. Somewhere along the way she'd been saddled with the rest of the administrative backlog. "If that is acceptable, then the rest would be provided for. Most staff live in the quarters on the second floor-" Elias being one of the few known exceptions. And Faygo, when he decided to sleep in his barn instead. "And you'll get meals from the kitchen."

Setting a hand against the vines obstructing the storeroom door, she let the tangled brambles recede back into the walls. The precautions had become necessary after certain... omnivorous companion had decided to have a rattle around inside and snack on the contents. "Vials and containers would have to come at your own expense, but you would have payments from the guild, and profits from your medicine should you choose to sell."

Opening the door into one of the various cluttered storerooms, Azalea revealed the dimly lit interior. It was lined with shelves, packed with jars and all manner of stock. Garlands of dried herbs, small pots of mushrooms growing where the light was faint. Containers filled with assorted flora, bowls of covered potpourri, and the bags of seeds all shoved under the counters. The products of her ability mostly, though she had no use for them herself. "You would have adequate amounts of free time. I don't mind if you make use of the guild's supplies for your projects." Elias needed some of the herbs in the kitchen, and most the seed stock was for Faygo's animals. But, those aside, there should be all sorts of materials useful in potion making.

Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood.jpg

Mentions: Chinchia Chinchia
"But of course. You best be prepared for hell though, vice." Leonidas let out a small laugh, afraid that anything more would make too much sound inside the hollow cavern. “I wouldn’t expect any less than hell from our adventures, soon enough our expedition team will be famous,” He stopped for a moment, tapping his chin in thought. “Or rather, infamous.”

“How about an adventure to the sea sometime? I always thought that the pirate life might be fun, you know, sailing around, drinking a barrel of alcohol each day, wearing eyepatches, singing sea shanties, all that.”
He put one of his hands over his right eye as a stand in eyepatch. “What do you think? Do I look like a hard-boiled seafarer like this?” He asked with a wide grin.

The look on Ymir’s face said enough, he pulled his hand back and pretended to be sulking. “Okay, okay, fine, I get it, maybe I shouldn’t go for the eyepatch.”

"Aye! That's one fiendish cackle." Leonidas raised an eyebrow at that. “Oh so now you’re suddenly into the whole pirate thing.” He mumbled, he was about to repeat the comment out loud when Ymir slid to a stop in front of what seemed like yet another close to bottomless pit.

"Well then- first order of business. How are you with buffering your fall from a drop?” Leonidas revealed a relaxed smile. “I’ve always been one to just jump and hope for the best, I’ll admit though that those times I was always able to see the bottom.” Ymir seemed unfazed by the comment as she continued. “Seems like there's a cavern below this. I think--think there might be water at the bottom- wouldn't count on that to break the fall though."

Leonidas thought for a moment before responding. “I’ll just cook something up on the fly using air magic, the heroic landing I made back there with your glider gave me an idea I want to try out. I was going to try it out on a cliff that isn’t capable of killing me first but I might as well give it a shot now.”

“Unless you have a better plan that is, I’m open to suggestions, I’m reasonably confident in this new idea but if you have a plan that guarantees I don’t end up flat as a gold coin at the bottom of this pit I’m all ears.”
He finished, readjusting the hilt of his rapier, he would need it if he was going to execute his reckless new idea.

Swiftshots

1618875970125.png
Eiru Eagna
Gold Rank Support

Eiru continued to try and inspect Zion's state while maintaining what distance she could, there could still be acidic residue clinging to his skeletal frame after all. Despite this and with great care Eiru remained by the skeleton's side, eyes carefully reading the flow of mana as Zion repaired himself. As a witch with the spirit attribute, Eiru was no stranger to observing souls but even so she had seldom seen a soul with such powerful regenerative abilities. In fact, Eiru had never seen such a powerful spiritual reaction outside of her homeland. From her inspection, Eiru could tell Zion's mana was in a weakened but stable condition, all things considered, he'd likely be fine to continue with the quest. A fortunate situation indeed considering his light magics' affinity against the necronomic arts. That and Eiru wasn't fond of the idea of losing anyone under her care.

Just as Eiru was about to move to a stand and give Zion room to recover, the prince in red roughly pulled her backward by the cloak, causing the young witch to yelp in surprise. The sudden force knocked the ferrets from her shoulders and they scampered to Zion's side screeching as they circled around the undead to hide from the prince. Once back on her feet Eiru puffed up her cheeks and then pouted, dusting herself off. What the hell was the price yapping on about now! Insanity? Of course, Eiru was insane! As a witch that was kinda the in thing after all. Plus sanity was overrated and made for little advancement when it came to magic.

"Whatever sorcerer is commanding these hordes has taken over the body. You can't do anything for him now, unless you intend to put him to rest."

'Ahhh... He thinks... ohhhh... well this is going to be fun...'. Eiru turned to watch as Zion sat himself up, she blinked in disbelief a few times hoping the realization would hit the prince sooner rather than later but that realization never came, and considering his ineptitude with anything outside the normal royal obsession with war he likely was too stubborn and idiotic to understand the situation anyway. Honestly, how had he not been assassinated yet? They had been traveling with Zion for hours now and he hadn't once thought he may be an undead? How many tell-tale signs did this idiot need?

Falling to her knees over-dramatically Eiru proceeded to hold her head in her hands and sniffle loudly. It was an obvious act but she found it quite amusing and so she continued with a tear-filled exchange "No... Tyron... please. He's still in there! He has to be!". Moving to grab a hold of the prince's leg Eiru continued, tears streaming down her face "We can just leave him here, in this crypt. Please Tyron spare him! He can live out his life... lack of life down here! Please Tyron, I know it's selfish but... BUT I LOVED HIM! WAHHHHHH"

Chinchia Chinchia Vol Vol

Last edited:

Vol

Pᴇʀsᴇᴠᴇʀᴀɴᴄᴇ
dd06uyv-d96e5e5e-44fd-4b59-ad75-9c71fe05cbe7.jpg
OF UNDEAD AND MEN
Interactions: Tyron Avattica Chinchia Chinchia / Eiru Eagna Swiftshots Swiftshots
Honourable mentions:

With a click Zion had fastened both of his gauntlets back on his person. He almost looked like an ordinary human, except for the glaring fact that he had a fleshless face. The steel mask he always adorned only encapsulated the front of his visage -- the hood was to cover the rest. It was a shame it was ripped apart from earlier.

His sluggish form did not flinch when the prince in red had tugged the witch away from him, for her "safety" the younger man insisted. Instead Zion toyed with his mask, the notion of it not being glued to his face was a little odd, almost disorientating. It's been too long since he'd been this exposed.

"Are you insane? Whatever sorcerer is commanding these hordes has taken over the body. You can't do anything for him now, unless you intend to put him to rest."

The battlemage remained eerily still. Even the ferrets that jumped over his legs and now cowered at his side from Tyron's exclamation unphased him. His stillness caused by his internal confusion about the this 'control' over his person. Until it dawned on him. Of course the young lord hadn't suspected him to be undead in the first place -- that he had died in the explosion of sound and slime. Reanimated as their opponent.

Zion was slightly proud of himself that he had managed to keep his undead guise under wraps well, especially since this was his first time being part of a group mission. His stoic composure was broken, however, when Eiru suddenly performed her overdramatic display.

No... Tyron... please. He's still in there! He has to be! We can just leave him here, in this crypt. Please Tyron spare him! He can live out his life... lack of life down here! Please Tyron, I know it's selfish but... BUT I LOVED HIM! WAHHHHHH"

Blue smoke billowed from his nosehole and gaps in his fixed grin as his shoulders shook from laughter. It should've been silent since he lacked the vocal chords to make noise, but the sound was like the clacking of two domino pieces and an unwanted draft in a forgotten attic space. His unnatural laughter continued as he slowly stood up, only to abruptly stop when Zion snapped his face towards the lordling.

The undead adventurer took a step forward, arm outstretched, but thought better of it since Tyron's blade was out and ready to strike if he made any unnecessary advances. Instead he chose to stay where he was, albeit nudging the ferrets that pooled around his feet a bit away from him.

'The witch is right. I'm still, well, me , in a sense. Seems like the curse plaguing this region is not affecting me and I'm not entirely sure why.' Zion's telepathic echo was stronger now, though a bit shaky at parts. He paused for a moment before uttering a hollowed whistling noise -- a resigned sigh. Unfortunately it just was not in Zion to play jester, particularly for something as important as this. Important to himself.

'That is...half a lie. I do know why it's not effective, and that's possibly due to the reason that I...' Another second to gather words and thoughts, 'am under a similar curse. Have been for a long time. But by a different caster.' Zion wrung his hands, somewhat strained in this continuous telepathy. Eiru was not processing any of this as it was only directed to the Avattica noble, so the enchantress would just see her skeletal companion gesturing awkwardly.

'I will not hurt you. I know our objective remains the same; rescue the scouts and get out. But I did not take this mission for the sole sake of good will. I'm simply looking for answers. Please. Do not make this any more difficult for me.' The last sentence was quiet, softer. A genuine plea.

Last edited:
Mentions:
Chinchia Chinchia
"Perhaps..." Kathlyn’s eyes lit up, she had already braced herself for rejection. "I may be in need of an assistant." Kathlyn was both overjoyed and slightly disappointed at the offer. Nonetheless, she absolutely intended on taking it, she would do anything to work in a place with connections to as many different areas as the guild. "I am aware your desire lies in potion-making, but the guild has many healers. Less so, people who are willing to deal with the more tedious side of adventuring." She supposed that made sense, how could a guild such as this not have many capable healers available already, Kathlyn would have liked to think she had every single one of them beat when it came to making medicine but she also knew that judging others without ever seeing their skills made little sense. “I’ll accept!” She responded eagerly, realizing belatedly that she hadn’t even heard the full description of what her job would entail yet.

She followed behind Azalea as she walked to a locked room down the hall. "The work I have for you would be at the front desk. We receive many requests for aid and new members, which need to be processed. I hardly have time to manage the finances on top of them." Kathlyn nodded in thought, she could do that, she was used to working behind a counter in her father’s shop and how different could working a front desk possibly be?

"If that is acceptable, then the rest would be provided for. Most staff live in the quarters on the second floor-" She paused briefly, making Kathlyn wonder if there was also staff that chose to not live in the guild hall and you'll get meals from the kitchen." Kathlyn couldn’t stop herself from smiling, an arrangement like this was exactly what she had been hoping for, she nodded enthusiastically. “Yes that sounds great!”

They stopped in front of a particularly heavily barricaded door. Kathlyn looked on with interest as Azalea made the plant barricade disappear into the wall. "Vials and containers would have to come at your own expense, but you would have payments from the guild, and profits from your medicine should you choose to sell." Selling her potions, truth be told, Kathlyn hadn’t really thought about it before, she had come here expecting to make potions as her job, not to make money off of them. She thought about it for a moment before slightly shaking her head, she wouldn’t sell her potions, perhaps she would ask the client to cover the cost of the ingredients and the container but nothing more.

Kathlyn stepped into the storage room after Azalea, letting her eyes glide over the various different herbs, mushrooms and other potential ingredients. She felt like a kid in a candy store, eyes sparkling as she practically bounced over to one of the jars to her left. They even have void ivy, I’ve only ever been able to experiment with this once before. She shifted her gaze to the jar next to the one filled with the purple-blackish leaves. She didn’t recognize the flowers inside at first glance so she made a mental note to look it up as soon as she had free time. This has to be what heaven is like right? So many rare and even unknown plants.

"You would have adequate amounts of free time. I don't mind if you make use of the guild's supplies for your projects." Azalea’s voice snapped Kathlyn out of her fixation on the various shelves in front of her. “Yes, thank you ma’am! Should I call you ma’am? Or do you prefer Azalea? Or boss?” Kathlyn rattled off a list of ways to address Azalea, unsure of how she should address her now employer.

“I have a few more questions if you don’t mind. Where should I brew my potions? In the quarters on the second floor? I don’t want to disrupt the other staff you see.” Kathlyn asked, walking back from the storage room next to Azalea. “Also do I have to go through some sort of training for the work at the front desk? Or is there some sort of guide book? Do I just go with the flow?” Kathlyn hadn’t noticed it herself but she had been talking almost non-stop ever since the storage room, she had a tendency to get overly talkative when excited and ever since she had seen the plants in the storage room she had been more excited than ever before.

Chinchia

Broom Shroom
Tyron Avattica
Mentions:
Swiftshots Swiftshots Vol Vol
Tyron had been keeping his eye on their undead, former-companion, when the sound of snifflingstarted up behind.

To the blasted hells- She was a gold rank. Had she really not seen anyone die on the field before?

"No... Tyron... please. He's still in there! He has to be!"

He could safely guarantee her they weren't. The shrivelled husk of a person slowly reattaching pieces of their armour was barely hanging together. The slime has stripped them so thoroughly of flesh they made a century old skeleton look fat—and Tyron had seen quite a few skeletons by this point.

He was jolted from his disgusted appraisal by something grabbing hold of his leg. His grasp flew to his sword, expecting the small and bony grasp of a skeleton—

All he saw was the top of a wide, purple hat.

"We can just leave him here, in this crypt." Was she really crying while hanging off his leg? "Please Tyron spare him! He can live out his life... lack of life down here!" His brow irked, arms hovering in the air as if she were some kind of bomb. How did he get stuck with the stupidly emotional one? He wanted the silent, efficient one instead-"Please Tyron, I know it's selfish but... BUT I LOVED HIM! WAHHHHHH"

He really had nothing to say to that. His expression twitched between several grades of irritation. Of course she had to bein love with them. Tyron regretted going on a mission with others at all. Once this was over he was going back to solo work—

'The witch is right.' Tyron stiffened, turning as best he could with the sniffling leech attached to his leg. His sword was already half out of its scabbard when he realised the undead wasn't moving. Simply staring at them... as well as a corpse could with shrivelled eyes.'I'm still, well, me , in a sense. Seems like the curse plaguing this region is not affecting me and I'm not entirely sure why.'

The voice in his head paused, continuing more soundly as they regained strength.

'That is...half a lie. I do know why it's not effective, and that's possibly due to the reason that I...' Another second to gather words and thoughts, 'am under a similar curse. Have been for a long time. But by a different caster.'

Tyron was largely caught up in the utter grotesqueness they'd been turned into, but the words gradually registered. A curse cancelling another out. It wasn't unheard of, or even uncommon. Perhaps it was the nature of the rift that things didn't die, or the condition of the curse. Either way, it didn't appear to be the work of the necromancer. The battlemage was as brief and eerily silent as ever. Apart from the bone showing where ragged cloth had once covered, they seemed largely unbothered by their condition. As if nothing had changed at all.

'I will not hurt you. I know our objective remains the same; rescue the scouts and get out. But I did not take this mission for the sole sake of good will. I'm simply looking for answers. Please. Do not make this any more difficult for me.'

...fine.
He shook the witch off his leg, sheathing his sword as he shot her a disdainful glance. "There," he said. "Your lover's alive." The idea of kissing a corpse was repulsive at best, but love was supposed to conquer all things. Movement caught his Tyron's eye as he turned to the stairs. Glancing over he swore he saw something like a shadow move near the pillar. All that remained was the bleached skull that had come to a stop on the ground, rocking ever so slightly until it reached a standstill.

"...let's go," he said eventually, ruling in favour of an immediate departure. They'd been in the catacombs for long enough. "I'm getting sick of this smell."

Swiftshots

1618875970125.png

Eiru Eagna
Gold Rank Support

In all honesty, Eiru found the reactions of the prince to be more than hilarious and with every shake of his leg and disgusted glare he shot her it became harder and harder for the witch to continue her charade. Eiru however continued to grasp at his leg for as long as she could, sniffling through the sickening feeling her inner laughter now caused her stomach. Sure Eiru was being thoroughly entertained by her own actions and the prince's reactions but more importantly her sparatic actions prevented the prince from interrupting zion's reconstruction. Although Eiru couldn't hear what Zion was saying to the prince she could more or less assume what was being said. Although not certain it was only logical that he would attempt to convince the prince he was still an ally. However, what Eiru did not expect was the -princes quick acceptance of the fact. Didn't he hate the undead? Wasn't this nation, specifically the military strongly opposed to undead races and the necronomic arts? SERIOUSLY? Was Tyronn sick?

Moving to a stand Eiru wiped the tears from her eyes and took a few deep breaths to settle her stomach. Once she had finished and had composed herself she moved to offer the skeleton her shoulder to lean on if it was so necessary. Not wanting him to break down again save Tyronn change his mind. Looking toward the Prince Eiru offered a soft smile and then a chuckle "well... alive wouldn't be the scientifically correct term. But alas for your heroic actions here today Tyronn and your compassion shown I'll be sure to save you a front-row seat at our wedding." Offering Zion aid with securing his mask Eiru continued quietly chuckling to herself again before speaking "But do remember a gift. It would be most uncourteous for a wealthy family like yours not to offer one. Especially when the arcane family would spare no expense on such a magnificent day.".

Eiru found the whole ordeal hysterical. Tyronn was so easy to wind up and on top of that, the entire idea of a witch being wed was hilarious to a witch from Tir na Nog. More so Eiru found the idea of herself being wed hilarious and completely ridiculous. None the less the witch did well to not crack up on the spot, instead moving to follow the prince aside Zion.

Vol

Pᴇʀsᴇᴠᴇʀᴀɴᴄᴇ

6 FEET UNDER
Honourable mentions: Angora Guile (KillerChinchilla)

"There, your lover's alive."
A visible head tilt from Zion. The soul fire within his ribcage played shadows across the eyeless sockets of his skull and casted a faux squinting look. He commended the young noble to be serious when the stakes called for it, but there can only be so much one could take before realising a jest -- a prank, even. Perhaps being bombarded by so much of the unnatural and uncanny really watered down Tyron's humour. Whatever speck he had left.

Atleast one of the trio had boundless cheer in this unpredictable time. Even if the running gag had Zion sheepishly rubbing his weathered jaw with a gloved hand.
"Well... alive wouldn't be the scientifically correct term. But alas for your heroic actions here today Tyronn and your compassion shown I'll be sure to save you a front-row seat at our wedding."
The enchantress, as helpful to the undead battlemage as ever, actually clicked the mask back on to conceal his skeletal visage. He palmed the steel for a moment. It's cold embrace familiar and almost comforting. He looked around the floor for the remains of the hood that would cover the rest of his head -- ah, there it was.

He gently toed one of the ferrets off the tattered cowl and picked it up, handling it like junk fished from the bottom of a lake. It was in pitiful shape than before, torn away from its cape counterpart and there was more holes. But out of habit he tied it back around his neck and the fabric rested atop his naked skull. Almost as if nothing changed.

"But do remember a gift. It would be most uncourteous for a wealthy family like yours not to offer one. Especially when the arcane family would spare no expense on such a magnificent day."

Zion politely waved off Eiru's offering of her shoulder -- she really liked to do that, didn't she? Even back in the wooden fortress with Commander Angora. He didn't have the 'heart' nor much of a bother to tell her to quit it though. 'Did not peg you to be the type to be into necrophilia, missus Eiru.' The battlemage figured he should put his own two cents in, not entirely disliking the running gag.

" ...let's go. I'm getting sick of this smell."

He looked over to the princeling and did not miss his burdened shoulders and a hollowed look in his usual intense eyes. Zion was grateful that Tyron accepted his situation with efficiency, but of course, out of convenience not nicety. This would be a long in-depth discussion to be held for another time, if he knew the noble enough. A fine soldier...

The ferrets, sensing that there was no more danger in the immeditate proximity, resumed their scampering. Up the stairs that held the most light in the chamber. A possible exit, or another death trap.

Either way there were answers to be sought within.

DEEPER INTO THE CATACOMBS: DUNGEONS
Players: Tyron Avattica Chinchia Chinchia / Eiru Eagna Swiftshots Swiftshots / Zion (Me)​

The trio of adventurers had managed to infiltrate the outpost riddled with shambling corposes and reanimated dead, through an underground passage. Said tunnel situated them below the fortress, and here Tyron Avattica recognised it to be for the buried of merchants from the Solmar Region and miners deceased from the work done there. All three had managed to escape a wave of undead that were alerted to their presece in the catacombs, with the combination of Eiru Eagna's magic altering Zion's summoned light scimitars. However they encountered another mishap with a necrotic slime, and thus Zion's true condition was revealed to the noble -- though the witch already had known.

Now onwards, with their lithe ferret guides, they descended further into the abandoned Solmar outpost.

The sight that greeted the trio was another underdark; the dying embers of feebly lit torches illuminating bits and pieces. What hung above them was not just sturdy stone, but chains. Dozens and dozens of chains looped together before attaching to the top corners of holding cells; the mechanisms used to possibly lift up gates to shove their prisoners inside or to set them free.

Further in the chamber was too dark for those with no darkvison to see, but a few curled in shapes could be made out in some of the holding cells, shifting in response to new arrivals. Their captors and/or torturers, they assumed. So far the space seemed unguarded...or the prison wardens laid in wait in the dark.

Minma

에나 on Twitter.jpeg
Minma Gate

Minma rubbed his nose a few times reliving an itch. As he did so, a figure appeared behind Themisto. Minma hardly reacted. He only turned his head to face the figure and not to his surprise she handled the threat accordingly. "Well, that was a close one!" Minma gave a nod of approval and a smile that showed how impressed he was one on his face. Being around people with such abilities made him want to do more. To reach higher and strive.

Minma was concerned when the figure disappeared. It was an illusion but that wasn't the scary part. The fact that it was powerful to act on its on is what is impressive. "Let's start making our way to the fortress, if we're going to find the one at the source of all this it will most likely be there." Minma adjusted his shirt and said "Understood." He figured it was about time to make there move. They've gathered any information that could from there spawn point but now it was time to unravel this horror scene.

"Stay alert, I doubt the one behind this will simply let us walk to his fortress." As they walked Minma's senses keenly kept survey on the area. His thoughts were filled with unanswered questions.

Blyke Luxford Blyke Luxford Rex Tesseri Rex Tesseri

Rex Tesseri

Voidless Abyss
Themisto Pallasi
Mentions: Minma Minma Blyke Luxford Blyke Luxford

"Let's start making our way to the fortress, if we're going to find the one at the source of all this it will most likely be there." Klein said, and Themisto agreed, nodding her head and grunting a affirmative noise. She sheathed her sword back to the Tabula Rasa. " I mean, that is a very wide range of conceptual energy. I really wa--" she shook her head, isolating her thoughts inside her mind. She could actually try to lock on the resonant frequency of the caster magic using those pseudo-smart constructs as a proxy, and ping the creator, using a triangulation algorithm, but that line of thought would be very slow.

"Stay alert, I doubt the one behind this will simply let us walk to his fortress." Themisto smiled to Klein and replied "If he doesn't let us in, we can always brute-force it or find a exploitable weakness in his magic, like those proxies" -- She began to think about it, on how she would do a wide-range, high-class illusory magic... 'Use a web minds entangled within eachother, being used as a single entity... enforced indroctination... so we would be fighting mirrored images of those minds distorted by his will... it's a vile way of doing magic, but it's ingenous... and this is a theory, a Magic Theory' -- she didn't lose her focus, but wasn't the sharpest either. Her eyes followed both, Minma and Klein, similarly as her body. A good ol' magical theory was what she really needed right now, that would make her even think about counter-spell.

Chinchia

Broom Shroom
Tyron Avattica
Mentions:
"well... alive wouldn't be the scientifically correct term. But alas for your heroic actions here today Tyron and your compassion shown I'll be sure to save you a front-row seat at our wedding."

He didn't deem to respond to that. The scowl he fixed her with said enough of his thoughts. Like hells I'd ever attend such a thing.

"But do remember a gift. It would be most uncourteous for a wealthy family like yours not to offer one. Especially when the arcane family would spare no expense on such a magnificent day."

She missed the part where he wouldn't be going. Tyron turned to the stairs with a sneer and began stomping his way up. The melted sections of it were an issue, but the black globs of slime were no longer present to pose a serious risk.

As the trio of adventurers proceeded up the stairs, the shadows around the room began to morph. Dark ichor emerged from the cracks and hollows. No longer with any need to hide they began to converge on the bleached skull that had fallen near one of the pillars. Cracked, but intact. The entity grew slowly in height and mass, until it towered almost as tall as it once had.

The eyeless skull inside the slime stretched around in the direction of the stairs. Its gelatinous body quivered, beginning to glide towards the path the trio had taken.

The catacombs had reeked of must and lingering death, but the dungeons were arguably worse. Rot and suffering clogged the air in fetid mire. The place reeked of bodies that should long since have been buried.

Tyron examined the area they'd walked into with dispassionate eyes. The cells weren't filled with the living. Rather, it was undead that clawed at the bars of their holding. Bodies sentient enough, it seemed, to feel pain and nothing more. His hand fell to his scabbard as he considered whether it was worth wasting the energy to relieve them of the burden of their existence. He might've if it weren't for one of the ferrets perking up and with a small screech of excitement careening off down the hall.

It dodged any of the bony or flesh-strapped hands that grasped for it--the inhabitants desperate to sate their hunger for food and warmth--before several feet ahead of the group the ferret took a sharp turn and disappeared around the corner. Tyron stopped dead as he rounded the same turn.

The white ferret had its ears back, hackles raised, teeth sunk into the tail of the brown ferret to hold it back. The latter was trying to rush forwards, excited by something in the hall. A figure that stood in front of one of the cells, talking quietly to the inhabitants before they'd noticed the commotion down the end of the hall. They wore the lightweight armour of the kingdom guard, but as they turned there was something off in the expression.

"Ahh, and that would be the cause." The (warden?) smiled, narrowing his eyes. "One... two, three. What a small force." Their hands clapped together, but his gaze shared none of the delight in his smile. "You must be the ruckus I heard about in the lower levels."

Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions:
Blyke Luxford Blyke Luxford Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
The girl was eager to accept even before knowing the terms. Azalea ran her through them anyway. It was an endearing quality, but such a thing could lead to blind mistakes.

“Yes, thank you ma’am!" They announced at the end. "Should I call you ma’am? Or do you prefer Azalea? Or boss?”

"Azalea is fine, but you may call me as you wish." Titles were a strange thing at the guild. She'd been addressed by so many different ones.

“I have a few more questions if you don’t mind. Where should I brew my potions? In the quarters on the second floor? I don’t want to disrupt the other staff you see.

"Your quarters," she said. They had little in the way of spare room inside the hall, and of course brewing potions in the kitchen was a recipe for disaster. "There are also the gardens out back, if you need open air." They weren't exactly pretty. Most of the bushes were overgrown and half the plants liked taking bites out of visitors, but anything less meant they would be trampled and ruined by training adventurers or Faygo's creatures.

Also do I have to go through some sort of training for the work at the front desk? Or is there some sort of guide book? Do I just go with the flow?”

"I'll show you how things work," Azalea said. "For now just focus on settling in. You must have had a long journey." And the bag she'd brought with her certainly didn't look light. "We've had somewhat of a mishap in the kitchen, but our cook Elias might be able to make you something to eat."

Mentions: Chinchia Chinchia Vol Vol Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
"Azalea is fine, but you may call me as you wish." Kathlyn smiled. “Okay! Azalea it is then.” She responded in a cheerful tone.

"Your quarters," Kathlyn nodded, she would have to try to not make messes quite as big as the ones in her room back at home. "There are also the gardens out back, if you need open air." That might be interesting, Kathlyn made a mental note to compare the two locations and pick the one best suited to her potion making later.

"I'll show you how things work,” Kathlyn inwardly heaved a sigh of relief, she was confident she would be able to do the work behind the front desk as long as she was shown the basics. “For now just focus on settling in. You must have had a long journey." Now that Azalea mentioned it, Kathlyn did feel pretty tired and her shoulders were pretty sore.

"We've had somewhat of a mishap in the kitchen, but our cook Elias might be able to make you something to eat." The mention of food instantly made Kathlyn perk up, she was also eager to meet some of her co-workers in the kitchen now that she would be working with them every day. Before that though, there was one thing that she wanted to confirm. “That would be great! One moment though please.” She told Azalea, walking over to where she had dropped her backpack.

She dug around in the filled backpack for a moment, pushing various empty and filled vials and bottles aside before pulling out a green leather bound book. She flipped the pages until she arrived at a specific page. ‘Potion to slow blood loss’ the elegant letters in her father’s handwriting at the top of the page read, and directly behind it was something scribbled in less elegant but to Kathlyn even more familiar handwriting ‘Kathlyn enhanced version’.

She let her eyes glide over to the list of main ingredients. I should have everything I need, I can finally finish it now that I have more void ivy. She snapped the book shut with a satisfied smile and tucked it back into her backpack.

She followed Azalea into the kitchen. Ignoring most of the mess she focused her attention on the two others present. “It’s nice to meet the both of you! I am Kathlyn Silva, healer and expert in all things medicine, but from today onward I’ll be working here as miss Azalea’s assistant.” She introduced herself to the others with a beaming smile.

Vol

Pᴇʀsᴇᴠᴇʀᴀɴᴄᴇ

6 FEET UNDER
Honourable mentions:
As the witch and red soldier cautiously walked ahead to follow the wake of their ferret guides, Zion slowed his pace and brushed his hand against the rusty but sturdy cell bars of each cage he passed. Some undead hands grasped at his boots and glove, but their strength did not match their vigorous hissing and moaning. Prisoners that probably passed away down here must have been brought back to the brink of what could substitute as "living". A cruel joke -- to be freed only to come back to the cell they perished inside.

He wasn't a saviour, perhaps not this time. All he could offer them was his sympathy.
Zion pulled away from the cages and trudged behind his companions, a looming shadow behind them.

He stopped right before he could bump into Eiru and Tyron but he was unable to see what they were seeing since he hadn't rounded the corner. Though he did not miss the voice that reverberated down the corridor; someone living and intelligent enough to communicate.

"Ahh, and that would be the cause. One... two, three. What a small force. You must be the ruckus I heard about in the lower levels."

The battlemage poked his head from the corner, easily towering above the heads of the other two, and spied the figure by the end of the corridor. He took note of their uniform, tattered but recognisable -- the insiginia familiar to the ones back in Angora's fortress. Zion glanced at the fretting brown ferret and the metaphorical gears clicked in his mind.

He held a finger to tap the prince in red's shoulder but paused before he could make contact. Tyron was too jumpy for Zion's liking, so instead he communed through thoughtspeak: 'Might be one of our hostages. But something's off about him.'

Zion eyed Tyron 's hand that always seemed to be hovering just above a scabbard of sheathed blade. 'I assume you're better at negotiating than I would be. Let's not start another fight.' His last words ached from the recent experience of just being put back together.

Users who are viewing this thread