• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guild Stone ((Old Questing Thread))

Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood.jpg
Mentions:
Sylph Sylph
"So we'll need to be fast," Leonidas nodded slowly, he had let go of his arm, the formation of frost on the wound did little to lessen the pain, in fact, it made the pain way worse but it did stop the wound from bleeding which had been his biggest worry. He observed Ymir's condition, worry visibly written all over his face. "Are you sure you're up for continuing? You seem about ready to-"

"Alright, I think I found her." She cut him off before he could continue. He frowned as she struggled to her feet, obviously in no condition to fight. "Let's gh--ack!" As he pushed himself up, having to hold down a scream as he put weight on his left arm, he saw Ymir fall forward. He tried to reach out and catch her but by the time he was finally fully upright it was already too late.

His frown deepened as Ymir refused to let him help her up. She looked extremely mad and while Leonidas could understand her feelings and had a good amount of barely suppressed anger at the situation inside himself as well he also knew that if he let her continue like this she would most definitely march off and get herself killed. "Ok." He shook his head as she pushed herself up again. "Ymir, you should really stay-"

"It should be this way-" She cut him off again. Leonidas briefly played with the idea of giving her a small push in the back with his wind magic to make her fall over and hopefully get the fact that she wasn't in any state to fight through to her but she hadn't set as much as a single foot forward before she tumbled back down without his interference.

She didn't get up again this time, she stayed silent, pointing ahead to one of the several corridors branching out from the main cave they were in. Leonidas couldn't help it, he let out a dry chuckle at the absurdity of it all before he crouched down next to her. "You don't actually expect me to leave you behind do you?" He asked, pulling her arms over his shoulders and around his neck. "What kind of vice-captain would I be if I leave my captain behind to die in the snow?" He asked with a wink that he was pretty sure she wouldn't be able to see through her closed eyes. He shifted around and pulled her legs up with his hands, wincing in pain as he put more weight onto his wounded arm. Standing up with Ymir's half-conscious body on his back proved to be a much harder task than expected, especially with the slippery ground ruining his grip.

Eventually, he managed to get up and slowly started making his way over to the corridor next to the one Ymir was still stubbornly pointing at, he refused to enter the corridor she was pointing at in a state like this. Halfway there he felt himself slip and, not wanting to land on top of Ymir, he made a last ditch effort to fall forward instead of backward. He felt a sharp pain in his right leg and his already wounded arm as he hit the ground without any way of breaking his fall without letting go of Ymir. He struggled back to his feet with something in between a grunt and a scream of pain, determined to make it to the corridor he had been aiming before the eyes woke up again.

He all but stumbled into the corridor, making sure to set Ymir down carefully against the wall before crashing to the ground himself. He wasn't doing good himself, the wound on his arm was growing increasingly painful and the fresh cut on his leg from falling on top of the sharp ridge of ice was bleeding with no end in sight.

He pushed himself up a little bit until his face was level with Ymir's. "Ymir, nod if you can hear me." He wanted to check if she was still conscious, if she was he would discuss what came next together with her but if she wasn't he was planning to get the both of them out of there no matter what.

Farran Lynn Vanerie
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars

circle-cropped-png.880152
Kathlyn shot her a reassuring smile. "I'll do my best to make sure you are accepted into the guild and have a wonderful time here." She said, putting the application form down in front of the newcomer before turning around and rummaging around in her backpack.

Hearing those words, Farran seemed to make an immediate shift in her attitude and mood. Her eyes were glowing, in a literal sense as well. At least the one of them was giving off a light hue of deep blue as her excited might have triggered a bit of her magic. Farran seemed completely unaware of this, her lips pursed up in a smile. Her eyes looked across at the application and its administrator as if Kathlyn was an angel who came to bless her. Indeed, they were the one who granted Farran her lifelong wish.

From the outside, Farran was still crying. But not out of fear and shame and sadness anymore.
"T-thank you! You don't know how much this means to me!"

"The form I just gave you is the application form for the guild, please don't be in a rush to fill it out, take a moment to calm down first." Kathlyn said over her shoulder, still rummaging around in the mess in her backpack. She pulled out two items and turned around to face the newcomer again with a smile. "Would you like a drink?" She asked, holding up a wooden flask she had pulled out from her backpack. "It's self-made herb tea of my own recipe." She explained, setting the flask down on the counter.

"Oh, and you can have this if you'd like." She held out a small vial containing a swirling golden-brown liquid. "It's a calming potion, it won't make you feel tired or impair your thinking, it will only help you calm down a little." She explained, putting the vial down next to the flask. "Of course I understand if you don't accept either of them, accepting premade drinks from strangers is generally not something I would do either." Kathlyn said with a lighthearted chuckle.

"Calming potion? I'm grateful for your thoughtfulness! But I don't think I want to be calm. I'm so happeh! After all this time, I finall-eh get to be a guild adventurer!" Farran shouted, jumping in place out of pure bubbly excitement. She giggled like a child on winter's eve surrounded by presents.
"I'll finall-eh have money! No more wiping with leaves! Oh, and hero stuff as well!"

Farran then turned towards her brother floating beside her, eyes and nose still running and all.
"Oh, joy! Did you hear that Johan? I'll get to be part of the guild. They're not kickin' me out!"

The ghost rolled its eyes at her. 'Of course I heard it. I'm sure everyone in the whole building heard you shouting! Besides, I didn't even know what you were worried about in the first place. It's not like being socially deficient is a crime... And won't you clean up your filthy fa--- Oooh!'
Suddenly, the girl jumped up and grabbed the ghost, squeezing her brother tightly in a big hug as she them spun around. She seemed unable to contain herself, her emotions running high. These overflowing feelings seemed not only manifest in the faint glow in her left eye, but from the moment she touched Johan, his invisible nature began to blur back into the physical world. As if he was gaining a physical shape again.

Even his voice can be heard in a faint whisper, as if coming from another room. "Alon! Stop that! They can't see me, you know! You look like a loon! Also, you're getting snot all over me! Let go! Farran!

Maybe Farran was so used to this, she couldn't distinguish the change in Johan.
And so she acted as if her brothers words were true, letting him go and turning red again from embarrassment.

"Ah, it sounds a bit silleh, I know... But I can see and talk to ghosts." she began motioning in an area next to her, completely unknowing of the effect she just had in making him tangible. "Right 'ere, is my brother Johan. He's, well, a bit dead, haha..."

Farran tried laughing it off, to make away with how terrible she felt. 'I must look crazy... I can't believe you're doing it again! '
It felt like she was trying to explain imaginary friends to people again. Her eyes were glued to the floor as she wiped away her hands and face with her handkerchief.

'These people are goon' think you're deranged Farran, you big dolt...! Oh no... I don't want to see how she's looking at me... '
'Freak. That's what she probably thinks of me... '

Last edited:
Bhora of Yutal

Bhora looked between Azalea and the rest of those that were gathered, many new faces he didn't know, though he picked up one name, Kathlyn, as Azalea gave her the orders to aid the other new faces. As she began to help them with the process of joining, with forms and kind words, Bhora watched her work for a moment. The pure, unyielding aura of gentleness almost made Bhora feel the need to shy away. Was there something wrong with her, or would he always have to return to the guild and deal with a bundle of sunshine? He didn't deny it was probably fine for others, but such kindness coming from a stranger was unsettling, something he couldn't believe most other races could handle. If anything, he could take a little longer on returning from these requests.

He then turned his attention back to Azalea, and her question made his lip twitch, just slightly. Sifat, as if able to feel the change in the druid's body, turned from staring at the others to look back at Bhora and Azalea, a tongue flicking out and brushing against Bhora's arm. He knew she would ask the question, unsure why he would think this time would be any different from the other dozen times he's taken up one of the requests on the board. Maybe, deep down inside of him, he hoped that she would just forget to ask him.

He swayed slightly, shifting his weight on his feet back and forth. "We..." He paused as Sifat's eyes turned to stare at him. "...I, hadn't thought of bringing any others. The others seem busy with their own business, and I wouldn't want to interfere with that. Also, if what I heard was true, about this strange 'guest' you all had while I was gone, I'm sure you would prefer to not spread us all too thin, correct?" Excuses upon excuses. He knew bringing others along would make it that much easier, but then he would have to deal with potentially chatty individuals, and they would just get on his nerves. Never mind the ones that would ask him numerous questions about the stories they heard of his people from those that lived on the edge of Yutal. Those ones certainly were the worst.

He felt a tightening on his arm, and looked down to see Sifat coiling more around his arm. The snake stared up at him, and Bhora frowned, holding him up and holding his face close to his own. "If you have something to say, why don't you say it?" A low hissing sound came from within the animal, and Bhora recoiled slightly in surprise. Bhora's eyes flashed a slightly vibrant purple, just for a moment, before settling back to a deep, grassy green. He gave a small nervous cough, before looking back to Azalea. Sifat, meanwhile, loosened his own grip and extended himself out to Azalea. "I have no...particular preference for any other person to join us, so if there's anyone that comes to mind, I'll begr-happily seek them out and ask them to join us." Sifat made a slight movement, almost like he was nodding his small head, as Bhora spoke.

[Interaction with Azalea Sylph Sylph ]

half_orc_elf_by_doggerman.png

[Location: Guild Hall]
{Interactions: Azalea Sylph Sylph / Kathlyn Key of Stars Key of Stars / Zale Starwalker123 Starwalker123 }

Vas'On grinned at Azalea before turning back to Zale "A drive to help and protect those who shared a similar story" he chuckled "Well done. The world needs less self serving people. You don't need to be a hero to help people, you just have to want to help" while Vas'On enjoyed testing himself against strong people, helping people at the same time was the main reason he'd joined the Guild instead of a mercenary troupe or the military. That and freedom anyway.

"Still, it requires a lot of hard work and time to gain the strength necessary to do what you want. I hope you are prepared" he watched the new receptionist handle the newcomers with a small smile. Azalea hit the jackpot hiring this one. A people person his mother would have called the girl, someone who was gifted in dealing with people, keeping a smile and tireless positivity active at all times when dealing with others.

The half-breed had less patience for certain people and had often put those arrogant types through a wall. Disrespect irked him, especially when they demanded respect while doing it.

deg1sdj-c3e3f23c-0e4e-4d28-a601-df51c4a35e4d.png
Ymir
Mentions:
Key of Stars Key of Stars
"Ymir, you should really stay-"

She wondered whether should have converted to the church of Seraphina after all. A fire affinity would be nice.

Ymir sighed as her cheek began to go prickle against the ice. She'd be fine of course. She was used to this sort of thing. Her pride was the more injured part of the equation—though the unthawing later would be unpleasant. Her foot in particular, she could already feel it starting to go numb.

"You don't actually expect me to leave you behind do you?"

She blinked as Leo chuckled, crouching down beside her. That would be best, yes.

The cold crept through her clothes as she pushed herself onto her knees, wiping her nose on a sleeve. She supposed she should go along with him. He didn't look too far off keeling over himself, part of his upper arm encased in frost, and her foot wouldn't stop her from moving around once it was properly frozen.

"What kind of vice-captain would I be if I leave my captain behind to die in the snow?"

Huh- She paused as he moved her arm over his shoulder, looping them around his neck and grabbing her legs as he stood. The disbelief was enough that she didn't even complain. She hadn't been carried on someone's back for a long time, let alone someone who wasn't family. Why do I get the feeling you had siblings?

"You're surprisingly stubborn,"
she said. Her arms hanging over his shoulders as she peered at the side of his head. Instead of going ahead and finishing things, he insisted on dragging her along. I wouldn't have died that easily. Part of his upper arm was encased in frost, though she didn't remember if it were his dislocated one. He appeared otherwise alright from what she could see. Perfectly capable of moving on towards the cave she'd indicated--

Thump.

She could hardly protest as with a pained sound he struggled back up and managed to make it the final few feet to the corridor. It seemed they'd travelled far enough down to reach the base of the mountain, where the walls changed to rock. From what she'd seen the eyes had only been appearing in the ice, so... perhaps they'd be safe.

She closed her eyes a moment as Leo set her down, diving back into her mind's view as she contemplated whether it would be best to withdraw. They were just so close. There might not be another chance to reach the depths without being noticed.

"Ymir, nod if you can hear me."

Her eyes flickered open, frowning as she saw him hovering in front of her. "I'm-" Vivid red caught the edges of her attention and she glanced down at his leg. Her eyes widened a fraction, a flash annoyance hitting her unexpectedly hard. The hell?!

"Worry about yourself first dammit!" She cuffed his ear with a hiss. Had he gotten that when he fell over? Letting himself get hurt helping her... he was more injured than she was. "Gods," she muttered, grabbing his bag of holding and beginning to rummage through. Unlike hers his hadn't been frozen shut. "Sit, put pressure on the wound." Don't make me take responsibility for something like this.

She brushed an aggravated hand through her hair. They really needed to put an end to things, why was that so difficult? She knew the meddling Azalea always stocked the bags with first aid equipment without telling anyone. Ymir pulled her arm back, holding bandages and a familiar, iron-marked waystone that she tossed to Leo. "Keep that on you. If the eyes appear again then we're out." She unravelled the bandages with cold hands, though the movements were practiced, muttering half to herself as she worked. "Where's the blood coming from? Seriously, I know I complain, but I do this sort of thing all the time. I'm used to harsh environments." Having to think about someone else was a bigger challenge. "Gods--" she sighed, something weighing heavy on her shoulders. "I'm not the sort of person who waits around for others so just--go ahead next time."

defgkat-65ec8d23-395f-4913-b0af-c8ff03cb88d6.png
Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions:
Refaulted Refaulted Key of Stars Key of Stars
"Understood! Oh but miss Azalea, my name is Kathlyn, with an L instead of an R."

She paused from where she'd turned away, caught before she could address Bhora.

"Right," she said, shoulders stiff. "Sorry."

"We..." Bhora paused. "...I, hadn't thought of bringing any others. The others seem busy with their own business, and I wouldn't want to interfere with that. Also, if what I heard was true, about this strange 'guest' you all had while I was gone, I'm sure you would prefer to not spread us all too thin, correct?" Azalea glanced around the hall, crowded with plenty of adventurers both new and old.

"I think it would be worth taking a few people," she said. If only to get them out of her hair.

After Bhora had finished conferring with his snake he turned back to her. "I have no...particular preference for any other person to join us, so if there's anyone that comes to mind, I'll begr-happily seek them out and ask them to join us."

"...is that so?" she demurred. He couldn't have made his preference more obvious, but she wasn't nice enough to pass up an opportunity. She turned over to the counter, blinking at the sight of a ghost being swung around by Farran. "Well there are plenty of... candidates. Vason's got experience, but the newbies might benefit from some field work." She sighed. "I just have to get them their bags and they'll be fine so... maybe go say hi?"

Offering him a consoling pat on the shoulder, she moved towards one of the more heavily enchanted back rooms, leaving the groups to figure out just what they were doing before she returned.

12748cb9a94bc2840bd388ff5475d30e.jpg

SHOT THROUGH THE SKULL AND YOU'RE TO BLAME
Interactions: Tyron Avattica Sylph Sylph / Eiru Eagna Uasal Uasal
Honourable mentions:
Quest: Rescue Mission
Reward: 2000 Coins​
Consciousness returned like a candle flame rekindled and Zion found himself on the ground with the unharmed scout just an arm's length. The fogginess in his mentalspace lifted, but now there's another strange gap in his memory, though the most important points were apparent; the slime pursued them in this tight corridor and the deranged warden before them. Unfortunately he had no time to really nitpick this new emptiness, so he stored it away with rest of the unfinished puzzle pieces of his memories, to fit together for when he would be in more relaxed circumstances.

"Fine then."

The battlemage raised his head just in time to see the warden fall down once more, and the impact of the enchantress upon the other kicked up dust from the floor. Amongst the surprised gasps and muttered curses from both ally and foe, the monstrous and uncomfortable suction noises of the necrotic slime filled the tight space when the prince in red had slashed at it.

His attention fervently switched from between Eiru and the warden, and the slime bearing down Tyron.
If that slime ate the noble, there wouldn't be anything of him left.

Zion was a bit further from Tyron so he could not pull him back and away from the slime. Even coming in close contact with the ooze wouldn't do him any good. As he fumbled back on his feet, his hands clapped together before pulling apart -- his characteristic blue light crackling in between to form a shell of a weapon; a crossbow. Now he wasn't exactly proficient as a ranged attacker, but the slime was in point-blank range. Any careless attack would slough off pieces of the slime and even that could eat away flesh. As Tyron unfortunately learnt the hard way, and Zion could not help but wince mentally in sympathy.

Slimes. The most basic of opponents, and yet so annoying to fight against.

As Zion poured more light magic into the combat shell, he spied the white ferret (which he almost forgot about) from the corner of his periphery, and watched it scamper off into a nearby cell. No time to investigate whatever it was doing -- perhaps it was seeking shelter.

Once the energy transfer was complete, the crossbow now buzzed with photons and shone almost uncomfortably bright. The battlemage raised aim and...had there been a skull floating around in there? If Zion had brows, they would be furrowed.

With a twang, a bolt of light shot forth and struck the suspended skull -- or would have, if it had not just moved to dodge the magic. Zion lowered his crossbow a second in confusion, only to re-steady it as the skull rotated to face him with an eternal grin that taunted. The bolt didn't shake off any acidic ooze but it dissipated as it was eaten up and reused for the slime's energy.

Slimes.

He shot again, not needing to reload manually as the bolt remanifested itself back in its place. After the third shot, he managed to crack away the eye socket of the slime and the result was both in their favour and against. It wobbled and shook, reeling back a distance from the noble, but all that shaking caused rivulets of acidic ooze to splash around its vicinity.

Zion wouldn't have to apologise for doing what was necessary, would he? He wouldn't anyway.

1616328857852.png

Eiru Eagna
Gold Rank Support

Eiru's patience was running slim. First of all the prince, although fun to mess with, was more than irritating in the way he always had to have the final say. Of course, this went for all nobles but Tyronn especially got on Eiru's nerves considering his attitude in comparison to his rank and the severity of the current quest. Secondly how in the nine layers of hell did a SLIME manage to appear in this specific ruin when Eiru specifically entered. Ridiculous! Absolutely absurd! Thirdly this quest was proving to be far more complicated and leagues more complex widely than it's silver ranking. No thanks to the gorilla armed brute of a woman she had previously met at the outpost. Fourthly! Yes FOURTHLY! Someone dared to attempt a hostile invasion of her mind space! And finally, now a hulking and clearly possessed scout was spouting out nonsense about how the spirit within would make her its new host!

Well, it was more than welcome to try. If it really wanted to be erased so badly who was Eiru to stand in its way.... Actually! Where was the guild master! Heck, this all had happened because she was off skiving work again! Eiru was going to be having words with the guild master when she returned. And they were not going to be very nice words! HMPH!
Wait when did it get so drafty... Why was Eiru flying through the air!? *'Clatter'*

In all honesty, Eiru had expected a lot of things to happen but being thrown by the prince was not one of them, let alone toward the enemy they currently faced. Was this a murder attempt? Preposterous! Moving to a stand Eiru, inspected her scraped knees and dusted herself off before moving a hand to her head to inspect for any hidden cuts her hair might have hidden. Fortunately, it seemed aside from her knees she was fine. The scout having broken her fall. Turning to face the possessed man once again Eiru let out a cough and then began tapping her foot on the cold stone floor as if awaiting something. What that was soon she revealed. Folding her arms Eiru waited for the scout to get back to its feet and then after a short staredown she spoke "So? Are you going to possess me or what? I don't have all day. My guild master could return at any minute and leave the next. It's imperative I catch her! Come on! Hurry up!"
Vol Vol Sylph Sylph

Mentions:
Sylph Sylph
"I'm-" Leonidas sighed in relief when Ymir started talking only to clutch his ear with his one good arm moments later. "Ohw, what was that for?!" He asked in surprised as Ymir gave him a cuff on his ear

"Worry about yourself first dammit!" Leonidas's mouth formed an understanding O and he grinned sheepishly. "I wasn't planning on falling on that ridge you know? What did you want me to do then? Use you to break my fall?" He retorted.

"Gods," He laughed a little, glad to see that she was energetic enough to scold him. "Sit, put pressure on the wound." He threw a mock salute, wincing slightly when he realized he had used his wrong arm. "Yes ma'am."

He sat down and attempted to swipe a few stray strands of hair that had become slightly frozen because of his sweat out of his face. Ymir went through his bag for a little while and he observed her quietly, keeping pressure on the wound on his leg as instructed. She pulled back and tossed something his way, he fumbled a bit but managed to catch it with his good arm and recognized it as his own waystone. "Keep that on you. If the eyes appear again then we're out." He nodded in response.
"Where's the blood coming from?" He really couldn't help it, he had to say it. "Probably from the wound on my leg." He remarked with a grin, any glare he would receive would be well worth it. "Seriously, I know I complain, but I do this sort of thing all the time. I'm used to harsh environments." He raised one eyebrow at that. "Could have fooled me... ohw careful- I wasn't about to leave you in a room filled with weird light beam shooting eyes that will have probably woken up again by now."

"Gods--" She sighed and he could roughly gauge the complex emotions she was feeling. "I'm not the sort of person who waits around for others so just--go ahead next time." He blinked a few times before his lips pulled into a faint smile. "No."

"You say you don't wait around for others? I guess that means I'll have to do my best to keep up with you."
He said with a smile. "And, if I ever should fall behind, you can just leave me behind without hesitation." His voice turned serious briefly for the last part of his sentence.

"Until that time though," He said, his voice back to normal as he stuck out his tongue in a childish manner. "I'll pick you up as many times as it takes, especially now that I know you don't want me to." He winked. "Tell me though, was my technique while carrying you not up to standard? My sister used to love-.” His voice faltered.

“Nevermind that though,” He quickly followed up, faking a cough. “Thanks for the help.” He struggled to his feet, planting his rapier in the ground for support.

“If you’re up for it, let’s go get some revenge shall we?” He pulled out his rapier and pointed it towards the main cavern in a dramatic gesture.

Kathlyn Silva.pngKathlyn Silva

Mentions: Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Sylph Sylph
"Calming potion? I'm grateful for your thoughtfulness! But I don't think I want to be calm. I'm so happeh! After all this time, I finall-eh get to be a guild adventurer!" Kathlyn smiled in amusement at the sudden mood change of the newcomer, whose name she now knew because of the application form, before her, glad that every last bit of sadness had made way for excitement and happiness similar to the excitement she had felt herself not even an hour ago when she stepped into the wonderful guild storage room filled with herbs.

"I'll finall-eh have money! No more wiping with leaves! Oh, and hero stuff as well!" Kathlyn let out a warm laugh. "I would probably have put no more wiping with leaves at the top of my list as well over hero stuff." She remarked with a smile.

"Oh, joy! Did you hear that Johan? I'll get to be part of the guild. They're not kickin' me out!" Johan? Kathlyn looked up from where she was putting her calming potion back into the somewhat organized mess inside her backpack in confusion. Farran was still bouncing around excitedly, seemingly speaking to the air before suddenly jumping up and grabbing at it. Kathlyn looked on in wonder as the silhouette of a man appeared in the Farran's arms.

"Alon! Stop that! They can't see me, you know! You look like a loon! Also, you're getting snot all over me! Let go! Farran!" Kathlyn wondered if the what she assumed was a ghost was aware that she could in fact both see and faintly hear him. She supposed that the ghost had a point, if people weren't able to see him it would make Farran look a little crazy if she was talking to and hugging what others would perceive as the air. Even if that would have been the case Kathlyn wouldn't have judged. But, now that she could see the ghost, Kathlyn's eyes positively sparkled.

"Ah, it sounds a bit silleh, I know... But I can see and talk to ghosts." Kathlyn shook her head. "It doesn't sound silly at all!" "Right 'ere, is my brother Johan. He's, well, a bit dead, haha..." Ah so he's her brother. Farran looked down at the ground, apparently unaware of the fact that they were able to see her brother as well and wouldn't think she was crazy. "So even though he died you guys still get to be together?" Kathlyn asked. "That's wonderful!"

Kathlyn looked over at the other newcomer whose name she did not yet know. "Eh?!" Kathlyn couldn't stop the surprised noise from escaping her mouth. The application form she had given out had turned completely black and the letters were dyed a blood red. I hope miss Azalea will accept it when it looks like that.

Speaking of, she glanced over at where Azalea had been standing not too long and was surprised to find her boss no longer there. After looking through the entire hall she sat back down, assuming Azalea went to one of the other rooms in the guild for a moment. She glanced at all the different people present in the hall and sat up just a little bit straighter, she wanted to make sure no one would hesitate to approach her if they had a problem.

Klein EshwaldKlein Eshwald Small.jpg

Mentions: SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Minma Minma
Klein was annoyed, perhaps even something a little beyond annoyed. None of the illusions they had faced so far had been influenced by his abilities in the slightest. Sure, he could still take them out using his strings and his cane but his inability to make marionettes was getting on his nerves. No one would welcome about half of their skillset getting swiped off the table and stomped on afterwards for good measure. Klein was still more than capable but without his ability to sense the enemy through strings and to make the enemy his marionette he was just some guy who happened to be skilled in fighting with strings and a sharp stick in the form of a cane.

He sighed and pushed the thoughts away. It wouldn't suit his reputation if he were to lose his temper in front of two newcomers of the guild. He managed to get his outward appearance in order just in time as both Lynx and Themisto finished off their wolf.

He observed as Themisto weaved some interesting magic together and made a cube to contain the wolf. She put it in her bag "Uh... the wolf in the bag act, i mean!" Klein inwardly snorted while outwardly giving a small nod of acknowledgement.

"Now then," He started, clapping his hands to get both of his teammate's attention. "With that out of the way, we might finally be able to advance to the fortress. I don't expect it'll get any easier from here on out though so if either of you needs a brief break we can have one now."

He observed the pile of corpses stacked against the gate that the wolves had been sitting on. Going through the gate will be hard or at the very least unpleasant with the amount of cleanup necessary He could scale the wall easily enough with his strings but if one of his companions couldn't he would have to think of a way to get the pile of corpses out of the way.

He looked back at his two companions. "Will either of you have trouble getting over this wall?"

defgobf-822de872-52bd-4631-a768-f2c103cef167.jpg
Tyron Avattica
Mentions:
Vol Vol Uasal Uasal
Tyron had readied himself for another attack when something swift and bright flashed in from the side. An arrow made of light that pierced through the slime's mass and fizzled out inside. A highly inefficient attack, if it hoped to destroy the slime in its entirety, but that didn't seem to be Zion's intent. Their arrows all landed breads width from the skull suspended in the slime. Good. That smile was beginning to piss me off anyway.

A lot of things were, in fact; just about every part of the situation he was in.

Tyron's attention strayed as he caught the streak of white in his periphery. The second furry nuisance they had to take care of had wormed its way into one of the cells. Far too close to the unhinged scout they'd come to 'rescue'--

He blinked at the silent face off further down from them. The small, tiny witch with her arms crossed against their similarly unimpressed opponent. "So?" Eiru said, her tone impatient. "Are you going to possess me or what? I don't have all day. My guild master could return at any minute and leave the next. It's imperative I catch her! Come on! Hurry up!"

"..."

Tyron swore everyone in the arcane house had been dropped on their head as a kid. Did any of them know how to act in combat?! Inviting an enemy into one's head was the worst possible idea!

"You're insane!" he said, swinging his sword down to the side of the witch. The sound wave threw the scout back to the end of the corridor in a mess of dust and grime. Tyron barely spared the witch a glance before turning to the cell the ferret had gone into. Beyond the steel bars and shadows he could see a figure unconscious against the stone.

He was by now in complete state of disarray. His prided cloak was reduced to tatters, hair filled with dirt and smoke, and open sores he was trying very hard to ignore. He wanted the hellish quest over with already. "Go help your bloody husband deal with that mass of crap," he growled. Raising a fist he swung it against the bars with a reverberating strike, shattering the old and brittle iron.

A warbling sound filled the corridor as he stepped inside, and he he turned to see globs of slime splatter against the walls. The battlemage must have hit something important, but was it enough?

Hauling the unconscious figure onto his shoulder, Tyron cast a cursory glance at the warden scout as he exited the cell. They didn't seem to be in any state to be following after, slumped against the other end of the corridor. Kicking a grasping hand out of his way, Tyron turned to where the others were dealing with the slime. If they could just get past then they could find their way back out of the catacombs. The undead they left at the entrance should have well and truly finished burning by then.

Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf Refaulted Refaulted SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire Uasal Uasal
She breathed a sigh of relief as she managed to make it to the back rooms, freed in a temporary reprieve from the chaos in the hall. It was much quieter in the back rooms of the hall. She'd show Kathlyn later where everything was kept and how to access it, but for the time being there were several matters to deal with first.

Grabbing several unassigned bags she returned to the hall where Kathlyn had been dealing with the application forms, glad to be spared the burdensome task. She set them down in a bunch on the counter, taking the forms Kathlyn handed to her with little thought--mistakes could be fixed up later after all and--

One in particular drew her attention. Azalea frowned, separating the papers so she could better see the anomaly steeped in black and vermillion red. It was abhorrent, though all the information seemed to be there. Who on earth even-? She set the stack aside with a barely suppressed sigh.

"Alright, everyone who's new to listen a moment--including you, Zale." She waved him over from where he'd been talking to Vas'on. "There are a few things to cover. First of all, your bags of holding." She lifted one of the plain satchels up by its strap. "Every member of the guild receives one upon joining. Inside is your waystone and enchanted map. To retrieve an item simply think of what it is you're after and reach inside." Doing exactly that, she felt the rough parchment and smooth stone against her palm, closing her fingers around them to pull them out. "The symbol on the waystone will correspond to your rank. Currently, you are all copper."

She handed one of the bags to all but Kathlyn, whose items she was still using for the demonstration. "Next is your enchanted map. The waystone will allow you to teleport anywhere that it displays. To do so you simply need to think of the position while channelling your energy through the stone, and you will appear on the surface, usually within walking distance of the destination. The more familiar a place is the more accurate it will be." Most could pinpoint their arrival at the guild to within a few feet, but the furthest reaches could have adventurers appearing miles apart unless they were holding onto each other. "Please note the stone seeks out safe places to arrive, and will not appear anywhere near where people are. So do not use it to travel into the city. You will end up on a farm even further away." Inevitably there was always one or two who tried. It really wasn't that bad of a walk.

"Next-" Azalea said. They could keep their questions till the end. "-are the quests. As coppers you may accompany senior adventurers on their missions, or you may work through lower ranked requests on your own." She gestured to the wooden structure off to the side of the counter. "The quest board is over there. Once you have decided on a task bring it to either myself or Kathlyn here. We will mark it as in progress and have it ready to complete once the mission is finished."

She never knew how much of the information new adventurers retained, but at the very least she hoped they'd remember that. It only caused trouble when quests started disappearing off the board without an explanation.

"Lastly," she said. "A warning." There were certain mistakes she saw adventurers make, no matter what level of strength they possessed. "The quest rankings are a guide at best. They vary wildly in their scope and required skillsets, and we have no way of telling what will lie in wait for most. To that end, there is a second function of the waystone." She held up the engraved stone and turned to gesture at the upper level of the guild, where a sprawling map took up much of the back wall. It resembled the contents of the enchanted parchments in their bags, but much larger and far more detailed. Unlike the smaller maps which showed only the location of the holder, waystone markers were sprawled all across the landmass. Occasionally one might disappear and pop up elsewhere, but the largest concentration by far were in and around the guild. "If you channel your energy into the waystone while calling for help, it will send out a distress signal. Your symbol will light up on the guild map, and appear on personal ones so that others may teleport to your location to assist."

She took a deep breath, finally nearing the end. "The only exception to this is in dead zones. If you travel outside the areas shown on the map, or the region itself interferes with the waystone, then you will not be able to teleport in or out, nor use the stone to call for help. Quests in these regions will always be silver rank or above. Think carefully before you decide to venture out on one." Clapping her hands with a sigh, she glanced around the assembled members. "That's all I have to say for now. You may ask questions if you wish, but often I find the best way to learn is by teaming up with an established member." She smiled glibly, glancing back at the more intimidating adventurers behind her. "Luckily for you, Vas'on and Bhole have volunteered themselves to help! They're very friendly, so don't be put off by appearances."

Granted, Bhole might have to work on his attitude, and Vas'on's smile could scare an ox, but beggars couldn't be choosers. They'd be far more useful for answering questions about the field anyway. And...

Edit: "Akel too." Azalea turned to glance at a particular spot below the counter, eyes narrowed. "Don't think you can worm your way out of group work by hiding."

Ymir
Mentions:
"Could have fooled me... ow!" She pulled the bandage tight with a degree of satisfaction. "Careful," he hissed, glowering as he continued. "I wasn't about to leave you in a room filled with weird light beam shooting eyes that will have probably woken up again by now."

And?
she wanted to say. She had her waystone--the second they appeared again she'd have gone. "I'm not the sort of person who waits around for others so just--go ahead next time."

"No."

A heartbeat. Ymir's hands hovered over the badages as glanced up, raising a brow at Leo's grin. No?

"You say you don't wait around for others? I guess that means I'll have to do my best to keep up with you."

"That's not-" she said, though he was far from finished.

"And, if I ever should fall behind, you can just leave me behind without hesitation. Until that time though," he said, sticking out his tongue. She considered dumping ice on his head. "I'll pick you up as many times as it takes. Especially now that I know you don't want me to."

"You are," she said, glowering, "awfully stubborn." It was different to the Leo she'd always gone drinking with. Less careless and cavalier.

"Look- forget what I said before. I don't need you to keep up. Going ahead is my job." She was the scout; the mapmaker. Her ability kept her safe, but if he leapt in alongside her he'd just get himself hurt. And she'd get herself hurt cause she'd be worrying whether or not he knew about the dangers--

"Argh!" She stood up with a huff. "Fine. I guess it's not fair to ask you to go on without me--but at least worry about yourself first." Or they'd both end up injured due to distractions. His joking voice called after as she turned away.

"Tell me though, was my technique while carrying you not up to standard? My sister used to love...”

Used to.

Ymir paused, tilting her head. Those two words rarely meant good things. Had she grown up? Moved away?

"Nevermind that though," he followed up quickly, and she heard him cough behind her. She hoped it was one of the above. “Thanks for the help. If you’re up for it, let’s go get some revenge shall we?”

"Yes," she said, already beginning to consider an idea. "Let's."

But first--her foot. She'd wanted to wait until it was completely numb, but it was better than before at least. Kicking it against the wall she winced as the block of ice it was encased in cracked and shattered. Pins and needles raced up her leg, but at least she wasn't weighed down by an icy club-calf. I should have done that earlier. Turning back she pointed a finger as Leo managed to take his weight off the rapier. "Ok, now remember what I said about the waystone."

So far they'd managed to move along faster than she expected, though not as quickly as she would have liked. Her ability meant was wasn't tied down by concerns about what was around the next corner, nor worry if she took the wrong path. Turning to the corridor stretching ahead of them, she continued. "And watch out for the stalagmites further down. They're at the bottom of the slope so don't lose your footing. I'll go and make sure this Loriea doesn't wake up before we get there."

And with that, she summoned a burst of wind under her foot and disappeared down the hall. She didn't have her cloak, nor access to her gliders frozen inside her bag, but it really wasn't far. A few turns left and a curve right, before the ice siphoned into a steep slope she barely touched. A gust carried her over the jagged stalagmites, and she come to a blustery stop at the bottom, kicking up flakes of ice in an otherwise still room.

It didn't take long for her to see why the eyes hadn't reappeared. The snoring, unconscious figure had a lump the side of a fist on their head. They were the size of an orc, or maybe a troll. Skin an icy shade of blue covered by clothes that looked like they hadn't been changed in years. The small cavern appeared to be some kind of storage area, but Ymir's attention inevitably fell on the icy pedestal in the middle, and the crystalline ball set upon it.

Last edited:
Farran Lynn Vanerie
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Refaulted Refaulted

circle-cropped-png.880152

"You can see him...?" she whispered, her eyes becoming wide like pearly dishes. Kathlyn said something Farran thought she would never hear. In more ways than one.
Johan gave her a similar astounded look. And with the exclamation of the stern F'aer'nun-thae, it seemed almost true.
"Farran, I think it's yer eye." he pointed.
"My eye? Where? I can't see it!"
"Yes, that weird colored one, it's getting... weirder!? I think that's why people can see me! You must be doing some magic thing!"
"Oh!" she exclaimed, looking around see if there was any glass she could see into. But just as Farran got excited, the glow in her eye vanished. And her brother followed suit.

'And it's gone... I think I'm invisible again.' Johan began to wave at Kathlyn. But there seemed no response.

Farran's eyes then returned to Kathlyn, who told her that it was wonderful that she could be with her brother even after death. They were completely different than how her family and clan reacted. For a moment, the shadows in the inn began to change. The people talking, chattering, living their ordinary lives, their shadows on the floor began to twist before her eyes.

'Monster. You tell us you bring back Johan's ghost, but all you've brought back is a corpse! I see no ghost, but a monster.

'No. She must've done this to him... She was always troubled... Talking about beings, spirits.... And look at his body, mangled so! She must have led him astray. He always played along with her maddening game. And look what it brought him? How could you do this to your own kin? Have you gone mad?

She shouldn't even be out hunting. If you weren't so useless and talking to imaginary things all the time, you would be here and he would have a proper hunting partner! And not some dribbling child speaking tongues! …I always told him he was foolish to believe in her.

'I knew it! I knew she was good for nothing...! I just didn't want to say anything to offend her family. Oh, Gillian... '

'...You bring back Johan's ghost and you think I can forgive you? You are better off dead...'

She clutched her hands at her side with a bitter smile, suddenly moving up and giving Kathlyn a quick hug.
"Thank you. I am happy to have met you." she whispered, before moving way and seeing F'aer'nun-thae hand Kathlyn a peculiar, to say the least, parchment. What happened to that application form...?
Oh, speaking of which! I still have mine to finish! I wonder if I still can remember how to write... it's been so long, I hope I don't mess up my own name.

It was soon after that lady Azalea returned with starting gifts as newly signed members of the guild. Farran took her bag, listening to the instructions and taking out the enchanted map and waystone with copper sigil with gleeful reverie. The girl giggled to herself at the magic of the bag. A mystery bag full of presents, it really was like winter season!

Farran tried her best to absorb all of the information in the next minutes as Azalea dumped her over the head with the complexities and workings of their newly acquire tools of the trade.

Wow, anywhere on that map, that is amazing! She thought, gazing down at the sprawling landscape that unfurled from the parchment. She recognized some of the areas as places she has travelled through to get to this location, but the sheer size of places she has never even seen before was truly remarkable. It's so big? Was the world always this big? I didn't even know that was there!

The fire in her chest burned ever more as she imagined visiting to each of these places. There was just so much to see, she almost couldn't contain herself.

Farran tried approaching one of the named individual seniors, a frankly terrifying scaled lizard man. This was race of people she had never seen before, but heard about in story of fierce hunters in the distant marshlands. No words could've quite captured what she saw now visually, this living almost exotic and deadly blend of nature's ferocity and beauty. This one even sported an animal companion of sorts, an alarmingly large specimen that wrapped itself around Bhora.

"Hello! I'm Farran!" she said, stepping up and giving them a big smile. "You have beautiful black scales... They remind me of a calm night. And what is this one's name?" she said, looking over at the large snake nonchalantly slithering about on their body, "Hello to you too, friendly one!"

Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire (I haven't forgotten about Vas'on! I just didn't want to make a big post that is so cluttered it feels impossible to respond to naturally... I will get to them next.)

Zale Liron
Mentions Seraph Darkfire, Chinchia anyone else in the hall

"A drive to help and protect those who shared a similar story" he chuckled "Well done. The world needs less self serving people. You don't need to be a hero to help people, you just have to want to help" “Yes exactly to help those who aren't able to help themselves” That was the reason they had come here rather than the guard or anywhere else even if the pay had been better. It was easier to help everyone rather than picking and choosing. “I know it will and i hope I am”

When she motioned them over Zale shifted to listen to her. Zale watched her as she spoke, they pulled one of the bags into his hands and the rat climbed up their hands when they were out up onto their shoulder. Of course Zale knew about the waystone but the magic of it all drew him in. They reached their hand in and thought of the way stone and map drawing them out of the bag. Copper was the lowest rank and they would have to work hard to gain levels. The very idea of leaving her was strange to them; they hadn’t been away form the city ever. Zale let out a chuckle when she mentioned it won’t work to get them back into the city. It wasn't that much of a walk through.Zale grinned as she mentioned quests.

“The quest rankings are a guide at best. They vary wildly in their scope and required skillsets, and we have no way of telling what will lie in wait for most. To that end, there is a second function of the waystone.” .Zale nodded not like they would just go it alone. When she said it had another function he let out a relieved sigh. It was nice to know you were never alone. The map on the wall was just like the one they were holding. Zale held their breath as she spoke about dead zones.

“hat's all I have to say for now. You may ask questions if you wish, but often I find the best way to learn is by teaming up with an established member.. "Luckily for you, Vas'on and Bhole have volunteered themselves to help! They're very friendly, so don't be put off by appearances." .Zale nodded and looked over the group curiously and wondered what their first mission would be. The teens mood shifts to eagerness, let's do it. Their eyes darted to the bored and back to the others.

1621118985189.png
Akeldama Vlad Aldea Mayer
Silver Rank Blade Dancer
Waystone Guild
At the mention of her name, the shadows that lay along the base of the reception desk began to twist and warp, flowing like a liquid until from them Akeldama slowly began to rise. Holding her sheathed blade in her right hand down by her side Akeldama moved to stand aside the receptionist, her red eyes emotionless and dead as she looked out into the group of new members assembled. The noble and high-class attire Akeldama wore combined with her proper posture and cold expression gave off an air that demanded a level of respect and one look at the woman would make any spirit users feel ill for an inexplicable reason. Likewise, any spirits in the area would shy away from her space instinctively refusing to make eye contact with the woman. Returning her gaze to Azalea, Akeldama let out a soft sigh "One could have hoped. After all, group work is not my strong suit."

Moving her sheathed blade to her core Akeldama placed its end upon the floor and moved her left hand atop her right as she stood coldly among the ranks of the receptionist, Bhora and Vas. "Honestly... you've gotten far too good at detecting my presence Azalea. All I wanted was a bottle of wine from the bar and a bite to eat....". Akeldama continued to scan the new members with a dead expression before turning her gaze to both Bhole and Vas "Bhora, Vas. Apologies for hiding myself from your sight. You both seem to be doing well. Vas, you've especially grown physically stronger since last we spoke. I offer my congratulations. Tell me you two. Which of the lambs here do you intend on escorting and on which quest? It matters little to me so I'll take whomever and whatever is left over.".

Akeldama spoke harshly and coldly, her eyes still distant and face stoic. Akeldama was not always like this but when it came to groups and especially those she didn't know it was as if the woman saw nothing more than a collection of worthless items and she did little to hide it. If one were to catch Akeldama in private however she was far more animated and kind in nature. Strangers, however, regardless of their position, power, or renown all received the same cold treatment, even in private.

Key of Stars Key of Stars Sylph Sylph Starwalker123 Starwalker123 Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf Refaulted Refaulted SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

Last edited:
12748cb9a94bc2840bd388ff5475d30e.jpg

A GRAND SLAM
Interactions: Tyron Avattica Sylph Sylph / Eiru Eagna Uasal Uasal
Honourable mentions:
Quest: Rescue Mission
Reward: 2000 Coins​
"So? Are you going to possess me or what? I don't have all day. My guild master could return at any minute and leave the next. It's imperative I catch her! Come on! Hurry up!"

Another bolt of light whizzed through the air and smacked into the wet watery flesh of the slime, before it drilling itself into the other socket of the floating skull. All that was left was the smile that had morphed into a silent scream. A taste of it's own medicine.

It backed off even further, half of its mass had turned the corner of the corridor. The direction of where they had entered the dungeons.

"You're insane!"

The next shot bounced off the corridor walls, taken off its trajectory when Zion flinched instinctively when a wave of sound passed by him. The battlemage looked to what the noble had been aiming at and watched the heap of the deranged scout crumpled in on themselves; hopefully unconscious and not dead. As amusing as the banter between his two guildmates were, he had no humour to spare. Even if he had, his jests were funnier in his head. Their quest was almost to an end, if they were to succeed on getting themselves and the scouts out of here.

"Go help your bloody husband deal with that mass of crap,"

Zion lined up another shot and slowly trudged forward, trying to get a good spot on the enemy skull. The soft glow of his soul that gently filtered through the lines of his steel mask created an illusion of eyes that squinted. 'Is he still on about that?' The thought breezed by his comprehension as this bolt flew through the air...

And missed. The jaw strafed too fast within it's mucuous shell that he couldn't keep up with it with his average marksmanship. The battlemage uttered a frustrated clicking noise and unsummoned the crossbow. This had to end now and he did not want to wait for the witch to boost his magic. Instead he decided to run towards the thing he originally wanted to escape from; the gesture of creating another weapon done as he ran past Tyron. He only caught a glimspse of the Avattica noble heaving a shadow of a person onto his side, before his attention refocused onto his prey and a mould of a jagged spear rested in his grip.

With a hiss like a lit fuse, he jumped up, hoping the momentum on the way down would help empower his strike. Though it would've looked cool as well, if it weren't for the low ceilings and his already towering height, the top of his skull cracked against the concrete roof and his teeth chittered. Fortunately for him, the shock helped boost the pump of photons into his weapon, physically manifesting it.

"Haarghh!" Zion cried (whether it was from the ceiling or for battle, who's to say) as both skulls locked gaze into each other. An eternal grin hidden beneath a steel mask while the other shaped in a terrified "o". He landed the strike and the jaw cracked into pieces, and Zion fell down into the acidic mass of the slime. Although slain, it's mucuous shell remained dangerous but much easier to get out of, and the undead adventurer jumped from toe to toe as he waddled out of the deflating slime.

It's been a while since he's been out of breath, in a metaphorical sense. His shoulders did not heave from exertion, but instead a plume of blue smoke poured forth from the open crevices of his mask. Zion glanced down for a moment at the damaged floor and littered pieces of the monster. The sizzling noises were everywhere but that too was dying down. What slightly unnerved him was how quiet the dungeons were all of a sudden; the wails of the forgotten prisoners silenced.

He eventually strode back to Eiru and Tyron on the other end of the corridor, nodding in acknowledgement and approval, to the noble as he past him by again. Zion decided to take the other scout as well, possessed or not, and touched their shoulder. Perhaps the former would be the best, for his own personal quest.

Bhora of Yutal

Bhora didn't have much chance to object before Azalea walked off to go grab the new adventurer's gear from one of the storage rooms, leaving Bhora standing on his own, mouth agape in preperation to speak, but there was now no one to say something to. After a moment, his shoulders drooped, and what breath he was holding, he let out slowly, dejectedly. He wished that there was a way to reason with her, to explain how much he wished to be spared his fate, but it wouldn't matter in the end. Anything he said would just make matters worse, or have her end up getting annoyed with him further. And if there was one thing he had learned in the time he had been with the guild, drawing her ire would only cause more grief for him or others. Better to let things be for now.

While Bhora stood back, thinking of how to approach the two women who were still filling out their forms, Azalea returned, with the druid not realizing how much time he was actually taking to come up with an acceptable greeting. Thankfully, as the scribe gave the standard beginner's explanation about the workings of the guild. Not wanting to cause any more problems for her, he simply stood back and allowed her to explain everything. It was already help enough for him to have her introduce him and Vas'on to them, instead of Bhora needing to flash a fake grin and make small talk over tea. That was what most humans did in the city, right?

Azalea finished her speech, turning them over to himself, Vas'on, and the recently caught-red-handed Akeldama, who gave the druid and the half-breed the warmest greeting he had ever received from her, all of three times, if he could remember correctly. He rarely spoke to her, obviously, only remembering her in passing. He couldn't remember if he even ever answered her with so much of a grunt when they would just so happen to be in the guild at the same time. Bhora couldn't think of a better relationship to have with someone. In response to her question, Bhora slid his gaze to look at her. "I have no preference. Like us in the past, they just need the experience."

He was pulled form his thoughts when one of the new members, the girl with cyan hair, approached him with an over-abundance of energy. He took a slight step back as she approached him, complimenting him and giving a large smile to the lizardfolk. His brow furrowed at her, but Sifat, overjoyed at the attention he was getting other than from his prickly companion, happily extended himself out towards the girl, his tongue flicking wildly as he weaved back and forth in front of her. Bhora looked quizzically at the snake. He was confused how a once wild snake could approach others easier than he could, or wanted to in the first place.

He thought nothing else of it, and turned his attention back to the girl in front of him while Sifat tried to keep her attention on him. She didn't seem off put by him, at least on the surface, which either meant she knew nothing of the Jishtar, or she didn't care either way. It mattered little to him, anyways. "Farran...okay. I am Bhora. And this is Sifat." The snake turned it's head slightly to look at Bhora as he said the creature's name, but only for a moment before turning back to Farran. "We hail from Yutal."

It felt as if something was nagging in the back of his mind, like he was supposed to notice something, but a quick glance around him didn't yield any sight that demanded his attention, so he pushed it to the back of his mind. Sifat, however, turned from Farran for a moment, staring at something just over her shoulder, but soon returned his gaze to the girl, swaying back and forth.

[Interacting with Farran Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf ]

half_orc_elf_by_doggerman.png

[Location: Guild Hall]
{Interactions: Akeldama Uasal Uasal / Bhora Refaulted Refaulted }​

"Dama, I figured you were hiding somewhere around here. We tend to show up at the guild around the same time. I'm pleased you noticed my growth, I notice you haven't been slacking either" though Vas'On was overall just bigger than the woman, there was an obvious respect in the way he addressed her as well as his body language. There was history between these two. Vas'On was clearly eager to get her alone and test her body once more. She had to have picked up new techniques since he'd last seen her, that thing she'd done with her legs the last time they'd met had been impressive and had left him sore for a bit afterwards.

They'd have to find a more open spot though, the last time they'd sparred, they'd caused some damage that neither wanted to pay for again. Their rivalry tended to get out of hand.

"I agree with Bhora. Though I do believe it is up to the newcomers to pick who they want to accompany them" it was a test in itself who they wanted to help them. A good adventurer should have the capability of making the right judgement based on the situation "If I have to offer a suggestion, I'd say pick a quest first" it was easier to decide if you wanted to work alone or with a group when you understood the task at hand. It would be foolish to pick a group focused quest as a solo adventurer...something Vas'On had done frequently in his earlier years.

"Of course" Vas'On grinned at them "If you'd prefer to do a little sparring first, I'm always happy to oblige"

Kathlyn SilvaKathlyn Silva.png

Mentions: Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Sylph Sylph Uasal Uasal (Others in the hall are just mentioned)
Kathlyn watched the conversation between the two siblings with a smile on her face while she went through the application forms that had already been given to her. She was still missing two forms but she wasn't in a hurry to get them, she wanted everyone to not feel rushed and take their time filling them out.

Her expression turned into one of surprise as she was pulled into a short hug by Farran, Kathlyn wasn't against hugs, on the contrary, she quite liked them, she just didn't expect to be hugged by someone here in the guild. Once she got over the initial surprise she smiled and quickly returned the hug. "Thank you. I am happy to have met you." Kathlyn smiled. "Likewise! If you ever need someone to talk to or are looking for medicine for anything and everything please come find me, I'll be here."

The other newcomer approached her as Farran moved away and handed her the black and red application form that she had been looking at before. "Ah, thank you miss..." She trailed off, scanning the form in front of her for the other's name. When she did find it she did a double-take before slowly reading it out in her mind. "Miss F'aer'nun-thae:Ida'arethani'idu-kka." She was sure she had made several mistakes in the name but she had honestly given it her best shot. "Would you mind if I address you as F'aer'nun?
" She asked before shaking her head. "Sorry, that might have been rude, forget I asked."

Azalea chose this moment to walk back into the hall and Kathlyn handed her the forms she had gotten filled out. Glancing at her boss to see how she would react to the black and red one, Azalea frowned but she didn't comment so Kathlyn assumed it was acceptable.

"Alright, everyone who's new to listen a moment--including you, Zale." Kathlyn's attention was already on Azalea but she shifted a little bit in her seat behind the front desk until she was fully facing her boss. She listened attentively to the explanation for the various items and the way quests worked, a lot of it wouldn't be relevant for Kathlyn herself but she would need to be able to explain this to other newcomers in the future so she did her best to remember everything exactly.

As Azalea explained a particular item though, Kathlyn couldn't help but feel excited. The bag of holding was everything she had ever dreamed of. She could literally put everything she currently had in her backpack in there and it wouldn't slow her down at all, the bag was basically an endless herb and other ingredients storage she could use. No longer would she have to run to the storage room in distress because she forgot a crucial ingredient to the potion she was currently brewing that needed to be added within ten seconds or the potion would be ruined. No longer would she have to spend an hour looking for where she had put that single leaf of ocanthus that she was certain she still had. Her eyes sparkled at the possibilities.

The waystone and map were somewhat less interesting to her but she still listened attentively. She briefly wondered if she would also be counted as a copper rank, she assumed she would be. In that case she would always remain a copper rank and she was completely fine with that.

Azalea ended her explanation with a warning and an introduction to two of the members of the guild that had offered to take new people along with them on quests.

Kathlyn almost fell off her chair in surprise when Azalea called out to someone and they suddenly materialized out of the shadows. The intense and stern looking woman stepped into place next to her and observed the group of newcomers in front of the desk. For just a moment Kathlyn was speechless, she quickly shook her head and turned back to the woman with a smile as radiant as ever. "It's nice to meet you! I'm Kathlyn Silva, the guild's receptionist." The other might already know that, given that Kathlyn had no idea how long she had been hiding in the shadows but she figured she might as well introduce herself anyway.

1616328857852.png

Eiru Eagna
Gold Rank Support

Eiru didn't so much as flinch when the scout took a step towards her, in fact, her mood and tapping action didn't change at all when he began his advance, If anything Eiru was happy the scout had finally started to make his move. That was until he was sent flying across the room and into the hard stone wall even further away from her. 'You're insane!' Eiru's head snapped toward the prince her eyes aflame with frustration. The small mage stopped her foot and the ground and growled in frustration "UGHHH TELL ME SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW!". When the prince told her to go and help her 'husband' Eiru crossed her arms again in a huff "Hmph" and stood still watching as Zion slew the slime. The last time he was taken off guard, Eiru had faith that this time would be different and her faith turned out to be solid in belief.

When the prince returned with the other scout over his shoulder and Zion had recovered from his attack Eiru moved to crouch down beside the possessed scout as Zion moved to inspect 'it' himself. "So much for possessing me, come on I know that wasn't enough to knock you out! Oiiiii! HELLO! Posses me you loser!". Eiru continued to shout at the scout while Zion moved a hand to it's shoulder, the small witch took hold of Zion's tattered cape end and tugged on it softly signalling to him that she was more than capable of dealing with the matter on her lonesome. Moving closer Eiru smacked the scout multiple times back and forth across the face "Come....On....Wake....Up.....Stop....Wasting...MY TIME!... LOSER!"

defgobf-822de872-52bd-4631-a768-f2c103cef167.jpg
Tyron Avattica
Mentions: Uasal Uasal Vol Vol
"So much for possessing me, come on I know that wasn't enough to knock you out! Oiiiii! HELLO! Posses me you loser!"

"What are you doing?" a sour-faced Tyron said, trudging over to the group with the scout on his shoulder. As if anyone would want to be inside your head.

"Come....On....Wake....Up.....Stop....Wasting...MY TIME!... LOSER!"

"We want them alive," Tyron reminded, grabbing the back of her cloak. For such a tiny thing she put quite the force into her swings, and the scout--warden--whatever it was supposedly possessing her victim was probably a spirit user. Tyron had fought enough to know they could fall over with a stiff enough breeze. "Save your insane delusions for somewhere else." Preferably where he was not. He kept a hold of the witch's cloak, dragging her along if he needed.

He saw Zion had managed to take down the slime, in amidst all the shouting. The remnants of its skull slowly disappeared into puddles of melted stone. Fragments of the mockery it had made of death. Tyron was begrudgingly impressed. Unlike the rampaging chihuahua, the battlemage had merit as a soldier. A shame their condition meant they'd be put on a different list...

But that was an issue for later. "Let's return."

Mentions: Sylph Sylph
Leonidas was glad Ymir had admitted it wasn't fair to expect him to go on without her and leave her behind, he had to admit though she had a bit of a point on the fact that he should take care of himself first. As far as different ways to die went, sacrificing himself for a friend would probably be one of the noblest ways to go but Leonidas didn't feel like dying at all yet. He still had many things to do, like drinking until he dropped, singing bad self-made songs in taverns and producing a lot of poetry.

He was also thankful she hadn't commented on his voice faltering when he spoke of his sister. His lips pulled into a bitter smile, he really didn't feel like talking about it now. Perhaps, someday in the future, he would not fall silent when talking about her. Perhaps, someday in the future, someone would ask about it and he would have no choice but to answer and explain. For now though, he could still avoid the topic.

"Yes, let's." Leonidas winced in sympathy when Ymir broke the ice around her foot on the wall. "Ok, now remember what I said about the waystone." He laughed a little. "I know, I know, I wasn't planning here in this oversized icebox."

"And watch out for the stalagmites further down. They're at the bottom of the slope so don't lose your footing. I'll go and make sure this Loriea doesn't wake up before we get there." He wasn't sure how he felt about Ymir rushing ahead immediately after he had so dramatically declared that he would just have to keep up with her but he wasn't stupid, he knew her abilities were far more suited for scouting out ahead than his own.

He moved along at a pace somewhere between running and walking, putting too much weight on his leg still hurt but he could deal with a little bit of pain, the leg functioned and that was all he really cared about at the moment. Soon enough he found himself in front of the slope that Ymir had mentioned the stalagmites at the bottom forming an almost solid line that would stop him from just sliding down all the way, that didn't mean he couldn't slide down most of the way though.

For the most part, his sliding actually went pretty well, he was able to balance himself and not fall over by using a few small bursts of wind to correct himself. When he was about to crash into the stalagmite barrier he summoned a particularly strong burst of wind at his feet and leapt over. His landing wasn't exactly graceful but he managed to land on his feet so he counted it as a success.

He walked up next to Ymir and observed the room, having to really hold himself back from snorting out loud when he spotted the giant lump on the side of the creature's head. His gaze finally landed on the crystal ball set upon the pedestal in the middle of the room. Well, that would probably explain the weird eyes. He pointed his rapier at it and glanced at Ymir. "Want me to try and shoot a wind bullet at it?" He asked as silently as he could while still being understandable.

1621118985189.png

Akeldama Vlad Aldea Mayer
Silver Rank Blade Dancer
Waystone Guild

Akel's emotionless face lifted when a subtle grin slowly emerged at Vas'On's mention of sparing. The half-orc was a man she respected as well as someone she could test herself against in earnest. The two often sparred or would compete at different activities to test their worth against one another, improving and learning from one another as their rivalry based friendship evolved. There were many times the half-orc had left Akel unable to walk straight and many a time he had both lifted and thrown her around like a ragdoll. But likewise, there were many a time he too fell to Akel's movements and techniques, mindlessly crying out her name in an attempt to halt her rapid movements. There were few in the guild Akel openly spoke to and fewer still that she would call her friend over a colleague. Vas'On was one of those few. A person she could trust.

As Vas and Bhora moved to further interact with the newcomers, Akel turned her focus to the new receptionist. Kathlyn Silva. Akel's eyes wandered the woman as she spoke, taking in her frame and passing on her neck, purely out of instinct, before returning to her eyes where they remained. Dead and abyss like, easy to be lost in to those weak in mental fortitude. "Congratulations on your posting. I'm Akeldama Vlad Aldea Mayer, a silver rank within the guild. I wish you luck, this guild can be quite chaotic at the best of times. You will have your work cut out for you I'm sure."

Akel could feel hostile eyes trained upon her but cared little, opting to ignore the feeling and instead continue with the conversation.

Ymir
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars
"I know, I know, I wasn't planning to here in this oversized icebox."

She hadn't given him much time to respond before running off. As much as she justified it with the circumstances--the enemy could wake up any moment, right?--standing over the obviously unconscious body she did feel a little guilty. He said he wanted to keep up and she'd brushed him off without thinking. It wasn't unusual for her. She'd never thought about it so much before.

The air stirred behind her as Leo arrived, the wind cool against her arms. She missed the cloak that always covered them, stuck in the other room as she tried to rub some warmth into her skin. Her breath puffed out in a sigh. "Nice to see you can land on your feet."

We should train before the next quest. She needed to learn to fight, if they were going to be going on quests like these. Apparently you needed more than a sturdy breeze to deal with most problems.

"Want me to try and shoot a wind bullet at it?"

The enemy? She glanced to where he held his weapon aloft. It seemed pointless to shoot a downed opponent, unless he hoped to wake them up... except that wasn't where he was aiming at all. Her eyes widened, lunging over to grab his arm. No!

"Absolutely not!" she cried, mortified. Something smooth and round and pretty--and potentially filled with magic. Her mind swirled with possibilities, and she refused to let him point at it, eyes narrowed in warning until a low groan drew their attentions.

"Guaaaeergh--" The blue-skinned opponent stirred, a single, bulbous eye blinking open as they lifted their head.

"Ah," Ymir said. A cyclops. "You can shoot that one though."

"Honestly... you've gotten far too good at detecting my presence Azalea. All I wanted was a bottle of wine from the bar and a bite to eat...."

Then don't eavesdrop from under the desk.
Azalea shot the unamused woman bemused glance. With the amount of assassins and shadow abilities that had come through the guild, she'd developed somewhat of a sixth sense for spotting them. Not in the least because they'd try to sneak up on her otherwise. It might take Kathlyn some getting used to.

"Dama, I figured you were hiding somewhere around here." Ah, of course Vas'On had to be around too. Azalea's hair wilted. Not this again. "We tend to show up at the guild around the same time. I'm pleased you noticed my growth, I notice you haven't been slacking either. I agree with Bhora. Though I do believe it is up to the newcomers to pick who they want to accompany them. If I have to offer a suggestion, I'd say pick a quest first."

Yes, do that, please.

"Of course." Vas'On grinned. "If you'd prefer to do a little sparring first, I'm always happy to oblige."

No such luck. Azalea heaved a sigh, pinching the bridge of her nose. "If you're doing this again then take it outside."

"Hello! I'm
Farran! You have beautiful black scales... They remind me of a calm night. And what is this one's name?" Azalea glanced askew to where Farran was waving her hand at Bhora's companion. A brave choice for a mentor, though perhaps it wasn't all that much stranger than ghosts. "Hello to you too, friendly one!"

"Farran...okay. I am Bhora. And this is Sifat." Bhora didn't quite seem to know what to do with himself. Not that Azalea didn't sympathise, now that she had an overly friendly mentee herself. They could be quite a handful. "We hail from Yutal."

They didn't seem at risk of knocking anything down at least. Bhora stood out, but for the most part he didn't go causing trouble. Hopefully that meant Farran might follow a similar path. Perhaps the eagerly hovering Zale should go with them. If he went with Vas'On he might end up wanting to challenge the sun for shining on him, and heavens knew the guild had more than enough brawlers...

"Farran," she said eventually. "Bhora intends to slay the Behemoth of Jameba Jungle. Will your abilities-?"

"Ah, thank you miss... Miss F'aer'nun-thae:Ida'arethani'idu-kka."

She cut herself off as Kathlyn spoke behind her. It was... quite a name. They'd had picked up the dyed form--the one that looked as if it were written in blood--as they addressed the abyssal-looking newcomer. "Would you mind if I address you as F'aer'nun?" she said, shaking her head a moment later. "Sorry, that might have been rude, forget I asked."

Why? It seemed reasonable to Azalea. They need not apologise. Thinking little of it she turned to Farran and Bhora once more, intending to finish her question since Farran had seemed inches of falling in a heap not too long ago, cheeks still blotched from tears, and Azalea had no idea how they'd react on the field--

"Lady would be more appropriated."

Except she never got a chance. The voice behind her took on an edge she'd recognise anywhere. The precise manner that belonged to precious few in any society. Regardless, it seemed, of race or language.

"If you called me by Lady, that would mean I am indeed of royal blood and that I should not be playing silly games." The newcomer addressed Kathlyn with increasingly harsh words as Azalea turned. "I've heard worse than that, you're fine. However do not address me as F'aer'nun, I am not your pet-"

"Miss F'aer-" Azalea said. The echo of a warning present in her tone. They didn't seem to hear her, speaking over her in a voice that grew louder in volume.

"-so as a formality call me by Lady Ngeshtinnana F'aer'nun-thae:Ida'arethani'idu-kka--" Their hair began to rise, lashed by an unseeable force. Azalea grabbed Kathlyn's arm, pulling the young girl away as the air began to tremble with energy. The name itself was a dangerous thing, born from a language not recognised by the common tongue and Azalea didn't know it. "Daughter of A'lara'rrek-itha:Ida'arethani'idu-kk, from the Ngeshtinnana Haus of the Blossoming Garden of the Heavenly Gate Empire."

Long enough to rival the oldest houses of Lantana. Thorns branched out of Azalea's skin in unconscious animosity. Her eyes shone verdant and sharp, feet planted between Kathlyn and the newcomer. It wouldn't be the first time she'd dealt with hostile nobility.

As F'aer's hair died down Azalea's remained unchanged, upright and bristling. "Do not be sorry," they said, back to a normal tone. "I am in fact playing silly games with you. So you are authorized to call me F'aer'nun-thae-"

"Enough." Her eyes flashed. Nobles seemed to enjoy throwing around their power as a joke, and she never cared for it. "If you intend to play such games then I'd ask you go elsewhere." Royalty of a distant land meant nothing to her. She was not accountable to it as she was to Lantana, and she had enough fights to deal with on a regular basis to afford taking on more trouble. "I am under no obligation to accept you into this guild if you insist on rattling the walls with your vanity." God forbid she have another Tyron to deal with.

"Congratulations on your posting." Akel's voice floated over to them, presumably addressing Kathlyn from behind her. "I'm Akeldama Vlad Aldea Mayer, a silver rank within the guild. I wish you luck, this guild can be quite chaotic at the best of times. You will have your work cut out for you I'm sure."

See? Even the ambivalent vampire, cold to most, was at least decent to the new members. Azalea kept her glare on F'aer, eyes narrow.

Kathlyn SilvaKathlyn Silva.png

Mentions: SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Sylph Sylph Uasal Uasal
"Lady would be more appropriated." Kathlyn nodded with a smile. "I'll keep that in mi-" She started but F'aer'nun continued talking, cutting her off. Whether she did it on purpose or not, Kathlyn didn't know. "If you called me by Lady, that would mean I am indeed of royal blood and that I should not be playing silly games." Kathlyn's smile dimmed a little but she still gave a small nod.

"I've heard worse than that, you fine. However do not address me as F'aer'nun, i am not your pet-" Kathlyn's smile completely dropped for the first time since she had taken her place behind the front desk and she instinctively shrunk back at the combination of harsh words and an even harsher booming tone. "I'm sorry-"

"Miss F'aer-" Kathlyn's shoulders relaxed because of extremely poorly hidden relief when Azalea stepped in but F'aer'nun seemed to simply ignore her boss as she continued addressing her.

"-so as a formality call me by Lady Ngeshtinnana F'aer'nun-thae:Ida'arethani'idu-kka--" Kathlyn took a step back, this time towards Azalea before she felt a hand close around her arm and pull her in, she didn't resist as she was pulled behind Azalea, frankly more than a little scared that she might have to fight on her first day working for the guild. She instinctively put her hand on the grip of the dagger she used to cut herbs in the forest at her hip but she knew that she wouldn't stand anything close to a chance in a fight. Kathlyn was good at healing people, not hurting them. In an actual fight she might very well lose to a child.

"Daughter of A'lara'rrek-itha:Ida'arethani'idu-kk, from the Ngeshtinnana Haus of the Blossoming Garden of the Heavenly Gate Empire." Thorns appeared on Azalea's skin and she widened the distance between F'aer'nun and Kathlyn. Kathlyn was grateful that her boss seemed so willing to protect her even though they had met just this morning.

"Do not be sorry," Kathlyn was equal parts surprised and confused because of the sudden tone shift from hostile to friendly. She wasn't sure what to think but for now she stayed behind Azalea, still a bit afraid to show herself again. "I am in fact playing silly games with you. So you are authorized to call me F'aer'nun-thae-" That was a relief, Kathlyn realized that the other had just been kidding but she was still a little rattled from the ordeal, she just needed a moment to recollect her bearing.

Azalea seemed far less forgiving, she lashed out at the newcomer, voice sharp. "I am under no obligation to accept you into this guild if you insist on rattling the walls with your vanity." Kathlyn wanted to jump in, tell miss Azalea that the other had been kidding and there was no need to go that far but she found she was unable to. Honestly speaking, she knew that it had all been a joke but she hadn't found the situation funny. Terrifying, yes. Funny, no. Azalea seemed intent on dealing with this though and Kathlyn was more than happy to leave it to her boss.

"Congratulations on your posting. I'm Akeldama Vlad Aldea Mayer, a silver rank within the guild. I wish you luck, this guild can be quite chaotic at the best of times. You will have your work cut out for you I'm sure." The sudden voice behind her startled her a bit, she was still jumpy from what had just happened. She gave a somewhat shaky nod and a weak smile. "Yes, thank you. I'm sure I'll get used to it soon enough," She had felt like had been adapting fairly quickly up until just a few minutes ago. "If there is anything I can do for you please let me know, I'll do everything in my capabilities to assist." Her smile had almost returned to normal, she still had a job to do and she wanted to do it well. Not to mention, a new conversation was a welcome distraction.

Mentions: Sylph Sylph
Leonidas almost lost his footing when Ymir grabbed his arm and pulled it down. Not exactly good for my aim, you know? He inwardly remarked before shooting her a questioning look. "You don't want me to shoot it?" He asked.

"Absolutely not!" She seemed unnecessarily distressed about it in his opinion. What was the worst that could happen? Okay, stupid question, their death was the worst that could happen. But Leonidas didn't think that was would happen. And even if it did was else were they supposed to do? He was pretty sure his air bullets were the strongest weapon in both of their arsenals combined and the ball would need to be destroyed sooner or later.

Leonidas was about to argue when a sound caught his attention. "Guaaaeergh--" The creature he had almost laughed at before stirred and slowly stood up.

"Ah," Now she seemed weirdly calm while Leonidas himself felt like they were in trouble. "You can shoot that one though."

Fair point, he should probably do that. He took on a stance and raised his rapier back up, pointing it at the cyclops's eye. The air began swirling around the tip of his sword, forming a small ball that hovered right at the end of the blade. Without wasting any more time Leonidas slightly pulled back the weapon before thrusting it forward, launching the ball of wind forward with a speed that turned it into a blur.

To the cyclops's credit, while its general movements seemed slow and sluggish its reaction time certainly was neither of those. The cyclops managed to raise his hand in front of his eye to protect it, the wind bullet dug into the skin of the cyclops's hand and drew a bit of blood but Leonidas knew that he would have to hit the creature in its eye to do any substantial damage, its skin was too thick in other places.

Leonidas turned to Ymir as the cyclops, who now seemed well and truly mad, which Leonidas couldn't blame him for seeing as he had just tried to shoot him, approached them. "Any bright ideas? I can probably hurt it if I hit its eye but it's not just going to let me." He called to Ymir.

Ymir
Mentions:
The cyclops screeched as the attack dug into their arm, seemingly more from rage than pain as they stumbled to their feet. They were unusually small for a cyclops. Closer to the size of an orc--less sturdy--but far more nimble. The single eye widened, beginning to flicker with a familiar build up of energy.

"EVIL!!" they screeched. The same, shrill voice that had assaulted their ears in the cavern "VILE, EVIL, VERMIN!!"

"Any bright ideas? I can probably hurt it if I hit its eye but it's not just going to let me." Ymir made a face, not particularly happy with the situation. Fighting isn't my forte.

Throwing out an arm she sent a squall of air to slam against them. It sent them into the wall, but did little else. While Leo seemed to specialise in precision over wider attacks, she really only had one effective tactic. It hasn't failed me yet.

"I don't know-" Her eyes lingered on the crystalline orb. "A sonnet?" It seemed to work on the girls in town, and Loriae was technically female. "Maybe she likes poetry-?"

Not the time for this. Ymir lunged out of the way as a beam obscured the spot she'd been standing. They also recovered fast. Though there was only one beam, but this time it could change trajectory. Ymir barely avoided losing a leg as it razed across the ice. She rolled behind a rock and tucked in her limbs, managing a half-hearted gale in return as ice began to cover the rock. It did less than the first, buffeting them with flecks of rock and loose snow. Gods, this really isn't my forte.

"Just shoot and hope for the best!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back