• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Great White Purge

Cyanide2000

Canada, 2034.

The Canadian Civil War had torn the country apart. Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and almost half of Ontario had left the federation - Trade, provincial rights, and mounting tensions with a lack of representation in Ottawa had culminated in a separatist movement that had gained momentum and speed until the fate of the federation was sealed. Deprived of the economic output and resources of the West, the Canadian social system crumbled, throwing the public services, most notably medical, into a state of disrepair and underfunding. The East Coast was catapulted into abject poverty and began a movement to join Maine. Quebec seceded almost immediately. Fearing the worst, Current Year Prime Minister acted in defense of his legacy and declared war.

After securing Ontario and making a deal with Quebec to use their forces as mercenaries, the PM declared Martial Law on the east coast and initiated conscription. An invasion of Winnipeg was launched from Ontario, while British Columbia fought fiercely against the Albertans in rough, mountainous terrain. Winnipeg fell without much fanfare, and the PM, now leading what was called the Loyalist Coalition, pressed on to Regina. Unbeknownst to the Loyalists, the Separatists had moved significant masses of troops to Saskatchewan in preparation for their war-ending maneuver.

Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba had emptied their entire prison populations into CFB Suffield and engaged in extensive large-theatre combat training. Any man or woman who lived received a full pardon.

The Loyalists had the majority of Canada's military might on their side, and despite low morale, the East Coast was not to be trifled with. Augmented by Quebecois mercenaries and about half the NHL, they pressed their advantage.

The Battle of Regina resulted in a million losses and the end of the war. The Separatists never intended to pardon anyone. As the Loyalists entered the city, they met fierce resistance from the Prison Corp, but as the battle waged on the poor morale, teamwork, and lack of concrete long-term training began to crack. As the battle turned in the Loyalist's favour, the Separatists triggered their bomb. Regina was annihilated, and in the resulting chaos, the Separatist regulars made their move. Emerging from the surrounding eastern countryside, a large infantry force equipped with anti-armour equipment struck at their enemies from the rear. and the sides, confronting overwhelming numerical superiority with violence of action and surprise. Chaos descended on all sides.

As the dust settled, neither side had the support of their people anymore. The West was broken, devoid of population and beset by criminality. The East was resentful. Quebec was about to be ruled by a warlord. The hockey players would honestly be happy if everyone would settle the fuck down and fool around with a puck. A new leader emerged. A strong leader. He spread on social media, first, and gained the support of the major party opposing the Prime Minister. An election was held during the ceasefire. A new name. A new vision.

We would again come together, and forever regulate how we fall apart.

THE GREAT WHITE PURGE

Sorry for that, I had to write a scenario in which Canada implements the purge and that is the kind of mental gymnastics I had to pull.

The scenario takes place in an alternative Sarnia, Ontario. Sharing a border with the US, Sarnia's flourishing petrochemical industry kept it safe from the majority of the severe economic downturns experienced by the rest of the country. A city of 75,000, Sarnia maintains a 'big small town feel' - except for four days in April. Starting on Good Friday at 12:00AM, and ending Easter Monday at 11:59PM, the annual Great White Purge commences in Canada. Four days of slaughter and hysteria. Four days of hell on earth. Sarnia's significant financial disparity has accentuated the inequality of the purge - employment in Chemical Valley ensures high-end surveillance systems, gated neighbourhoods, and private security. Life in the rest of the city can be grim. Minimum wage is the name of the game, and the economy can't even support that. Drugs and crime are rampant. Hockey is still played.

This year, meteorologists predict a blizzard similar to the ice storms of 98' and '23. Conditions are met for human and environmental dangers to ramp up to an unprecedented level.

I'm going to use a loose version of the city, with a western downtown on the water, industrial and poorer areas to the south, college and shopping district central, and higher-end areas in the northern and eastern areas. The bridge to the USA is closed during the purge, and the US border patrol and coast guard monitor the border for any potential 'phucked canucks', who are either shot or dropped back off along the coastline. The water is frigid, and the current unswimmable.

Who will you be? What will you do? How will you survive...or which victim is first?

Please reply with interest and I'll begin to flesh this out a little more. Considering the topic we must be sensitive to the rules around excessive gore and other unacceptable conduct. If all that Canada was a bit much I'm sorry.

As someone living in Alberta the bits about Albertan separatists hits a little close to home 🤣

Anyway, I'm potentially interested. It really depends on how much activity you expect as I can really only post on weekends due to my work hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back