• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Great Multiverse Cook-Off

FoolsErin

when you at the when you you when the
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

2f207da9-4472-4e35-bb6b-8349a3a1d33f-jpeg.650047

This roleplay is a mini-event within the Chronology Series.

Check out our Discord server for OOC and information on our other roleplays!

d9d922d5-cb6c-445f-a2cc-9699f3c6ef1e-jpeg.650048

It didn’t matter where you were from, be it a civilization far beyond the final frontier of space, a kingdom crawling with knights, or somewhere in between, you all received an invitation for one reason and one reason alone.

You all knew how to cook in some way or another.

So here you all are today, gathered to compete in a cook-off assembling culinary genius of all kinds from across the multiverse. Three rounds, three judges, one winner. Who will come out on top in the Great Multiverse Cook-off?!

958a7035-7d27-4833-92bc-c046a3be9fc7-jpeg.650049

1. All RPN rules apply.

2. Please, please, please for the love of whatever force is up there in the clouds and amongst the essence of the universe, try to have good sportsmanship. This is the first “competitive” TCS event of any kind, and I don’t want it to be the last because certain people couldn’t handle being eliminated early on.

3. In addition to the rule above, please respect the judges and that their decisions on elimination and extra points are FINAL. Please, try to avoid OOC drama in any kind regarding this roleplay.

4. Please avoid OOC discussion within threads related to this and all TCS roleplays. Use the Discord linked above for all OOC talk.

5. All writing styles are welcome, no matter the length, tense, or perspective. That being put out there, no text talk, and try to be at least somewhat grammatically correct. Extra points can be given for writing the cooking steps well, so I recommend trying a little more than the bare minimum.

6. Only one character per person, sorry. No duos in this mini-event. Familiars and companions that are built into the character don’t count as separate characters.

7. While there is no requirement to post every so often, I will ask that you finish the recipes you start and that you at least post once per round. The only exception to this is people who are eliminated.

fe654dda-c49b-44b4-bb23-4e550c553ca3-jpeg.650050

Cooking

Rather than combat and mystery-solving, this mini-event relies heavily on cooking. For each round, you must find a recipe that fits the theme. For each step of the recipe, you will write out your character doing that step and roll a d20, adding whatever proficiency you have related to the step to your roll. After all of the steps have been completed, you will find the average (add all of the numbers together and divide by the number of recipes) of all of your rolls, rounding down any decimals, and that will be your dish’s score. Up to three points can be added to the score for good writing of the cooking steps, but otherwise, your fate is in luck’s hands.

Proficiencies

Rather than skills and powers on the character sheet, there will be cooking proficiencies. For each proficiency, there will be a letter grade associated with it. The letter grades affect the rolls of cooking steps associated with the proficiencies by adding or subtracting the respective numbers from the rolls.

A = +2

B = +1

C = +0

D = -1

F = -2

For example, one character could have an A in soup-making, but an F in frying. Therefore any cooking steps related to soup-making they’d add two to their roll, and any step related to frying they’d subtract two from their roll. Any step that doesn’t have proficiency on the character’s sheet related to it is automatically a C. However, to stop people from being a jack of all trades, for every two positive proficiencies there must be a negative proficiency.

Judges

There will be three people judging the competition. All of three of them will be controlled by me. After everyone has finished with their dishes, the judges will of course “judge” the dishes, adding extra points for good writing and overall write the judges tasting and reacting to the food’s quality. After all of the dishes have been judged, the three will eliminate anyone who didn’t finish the dishes and whoever scored the lowest. However, I will not rule out the idea that people getting eliminated on the basis of in-roleplay shenanigans isn’t possible and that scoring is the only way to get out. Setting other people’s food on fire is not the best path to victory, I’ll have you know. Like you should treat your waiters well so they don’t spit in your food, you should treat your judges well so they don’t take you out.

Elimination

Every round before the final third, there will be a number of people eliminated based either on the score or otherwise. They will be left to spectate the competition and to help settle ties in the following rounds if two people end up with the same score. This isn’t death, but it’s not exactly what you want either.

0092a30a-4e78-4e98-bb94-58eadaa9445e-jpeg.650051

Appearance: Self-explanatory. A picture or description is satisfactory.

Name: Well, what is it? Any nicknames or aliases?

Canon: What does your character originate from? If your character is an OC, just say "OC". If your character is an OC specifically from an established canon, put the name of the canon and "OC" next to it.

Cooking Proficiencies: List them all from A to F. Proficiencies are explained above in mechanics.

Cooking Experience: Basically a bio, except focusing more on what experience the character has with cooking than the overall background.

Other: Anything else?

c801dd61-60f2-4a08-9e70-68d84a3709d8-jpeg.650052

Yurt the Silent Chef (Demon's Souls) - Sir Fungus Sir Fungus
Seamus 'Sean' Byrnes (OC) - Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun
Gine (Dragonball Super) - darkred darkred
Chef PeePee (Super Mario Logan) - thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore
Yoshi (Super Mario) - CutieBoop CutieBoop
Elvira Duck (Disney's Duckverse) - Venchi1986 Venchi1986
Rapunzel (Tangled) - PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss
Nightmare Knight (Cucumber Quest) - Yamperzzz Yamperzzz
Azwel (Soulcalibur VI) - yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy

Last edited:
Appearance:
12462A54-FF58-459F-8C33-9C11FF8A1B95.jpeg

Name: Yurt The Silent Chief.

Canon: Demon’s Souls

Cooking Proficiencies:
A in Baking
B in Soups
C in Salads
D in Grilling
F in Smoking

Cooking Experience:
While a personal assassin for Mephistopheles of the soul arts cult, he is also a former renowned chef in the kingdom of boletaria, but now he is summoned to this competition and is expected to bring his A-game.

Other:
Yurt is an introvert, he likely will respond to nothing that the judges tell him, but he’s at least a good sport, and if he lost, he’s not too bummed about it, the other people won fair and square.

You're a curious one, ain't ya?

Description: Giving off a vibe of 'no fun allowed here' and being a 'no-nonsense' type of guy, Seamus stands at 6' 4'' tall, 186 lbs and has a willowy, taut figure that would probably be better appreciated if he learned to be slightly more well-humoured. Once possessor of matching brown hair and eyes, the young man now sports a Ginger hair color that slowly fades into Rose Gold. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Sean's sense of style is highly influenced by his mood that morning, seeing as he will normally just wear whatever piece of clothing is first inside his wardrobe and feels right, having few to no fashion knowledge at all. He will usually be seen wearing something one can only describe as 'casual sporty', that could trick some into actually thinking he exercises. The combos are often lacking in bright colors, save for minor details here and there, and will fade to shades of grey and black whenever he's feeling under the weather or just doesn't feel like being sociable... Well, less than normal that is. Approach at your own risk.​

Name: Seamus Alan Byrnes, Sean

Canon: OC

--Cooking Proficiencies--

Baking: C
Boiling: B
Braising: D
Deep-Frying: B
Flambéing: F
Grilling: D
Microwave: A
Pan-Frying: C
Roasting: F
Sautéing: F
Simmering: C
Steaming: B
Stewing: A

Basically, anything requiring actual skill, ultimate attention or precision is a big no-no.

Cooking Experience: Hopping from minimum-wage job to minimum-wage job endlessly ever since he had left his parent's home, Seamus has become the master of eating well with a tiny budget, teaching himself simple, practical and mess-free recipes, trying to become less and less dependent of fast-food, restaurant deliveries and the like, aiming to make his small salaries worth the most. If you need advice on maintaining a balanced 'broke college student' kind of meal plan, Seamus is the right guy for that.​

Other: Proficient in sarcasm, crafter of rare insults and a pro at cutting corners.​

Appearance:1601602120105.png

Name: Gine, Mother of Goku/Kakkarot

Canon: Dragonball Super/(Minus)

Cooking Proficiencies:
A in Baking
C in Soups
D in Salads
B in Grilling
B in Smoking

Cooking Experience: The Saiyan mother of Goku and Kakkorot Gine is a known past meat chef on Planet Vegeta. She joined the Chef competition to prove that Saiyans can do more than eat a army's worth of food and fight, they can cook as well. Gine is also the wife of Bardock so she has basic fighting skills as well.

Other
: Anything else?

Appearance

Name
Chef PeePee

Canon

Cooking Proficiencies
A in Baking
A in Deep-Frying
A in Salad-Making
B in Steaming
C in Stirring
D in Frying
D in Roasting
F in Soup Preperation
F in Simmering

Cooking Experience
Chef PeePee is the head chef for Lord Bowser and his son, Bowser Junior. His job has terrible pay and as such, he often puts little to no effort into his meal preparation. He is known for dishes such as Rat Pie and Burnt Mac and Cheese.

Other
He just sorta hovers in mid-air, with a disembodied hand up his ass.​

6f709e9b49812245eaea8ca371e559efdb7856c0_hq.jpg

Name
Yoshi!

Canon
Super Mario/Smashverse

Cooking Proficiencies
A - Baking
C - Soups
A - Salads
D - Grilling
D - Smoking
A - Pan-frying
B - Boiling
D - Braising
F - Deep Frying
A - Microwave
F - Roasting
A - Sauteing
A - Simmering
B - Steaming
B - Stewing

Cooking Experience
Let's be honest here. Yoshi has been a baker before in his past (cookies/sweets), and that's why his baking is great. Salads, as he imagines, are just easy tasks of gathering ingredients and putting it together. He'll do his best on the other things! Maybe if he was able to breathe fire (unless they forbid him)... He also uses his tongue as a tool to help him, not just for taste testing his products or finding items that will make him spew fire.

Other
He doesn't mind winning or losing, he'd be mainly in it for the foods (if it were offered to him during competition or spectating, to be honest). Most importantly he wants to have fun like everybody else!​

Last edited:
Appearance:
Grandma-Duck-precious-and-sweet-grandma-11702763-300-622.jpg

Name: Elvira Duck aka Grandma Duck

Canon: Disney Duck verse

Cooking Proficiencies:
Baking A
Dough kneading A
Microwave F
Soup A
Roast B
Haute cuisine F
Smoking B
Frying B
Microwave F
Fruit preserves A
Vegetables B
Flambe D
Garnish D

Cooking Experience: While a farmer by trade everyone who has tried her simple oldfashioned cooking agrees she is also a great cook, on the other hand she has no interest in modern fads or overly complicated meals.

Last edited:
1601691163220.gif

Ñame: Rapunzel

Canon: Tangled

Cooking Stats:

Baking - A
Dough Kneading - A
Microwave - F
Soup - A
Roast - B
Haute Cuisine - F
Smoking - A
Frying - A
Fruit preserves - B
Vegetables - A
Garnish - B
Flambé- D

Cooking Experience: Rapunzel spent most of her life in a Tower with little to no human contact except her mother - naturally cooking is one of many hobbies she developed.

nightmareknight.png
"It's a hobby."

Name:
Nightmare Knight

Canon:
Cucumber Quest

Cooking Proficiencies:

Baking - A
Dough Kneading - A
Microwave - D
Soup - C
Roast - D
Haute Cuisine - B
Smoking - F
Frying - C
Fruit Preservatives - A
Flambé - B
Garnish - A
Grilling - D
Deep Frying - C

Cooking Experience:
Nightmare Knight is self-taught, and this is one of his favorite hobbies. He is most proficient in baking sweets.

Other Info:
Peridot forced him to wear his best apron here.

Also, when he speaks, it will look like this.

Alright, we're shaping up to have an excellent cast! I was thinking the last of the sheets would be submitted on either Tuesday, October 6th, or Wednesday, October 7th. The roleplay itself would start on Friday, October 9th. As of right now, we'd be perfectly fine if nobody else joins. The way I was planning on running this would have three rounds with two people eliminated per round. The remaining two people would then face off in a final challenge, and whoever wins that would win the competition. I am perfectly capable of adjusting this plan to compensate for anyone dropping out, joining, or becoming inactive though, so don't let that scare you.

Alright, so the series this roleplay is apart of has gone under. Do you guys still want to do this roleplay, or should we nip it in the bud?

I still hope to do this, but if the majority disagrees... Well, sucks to suck, I guess. Up to you and the rest.

...I think that’s majority then. We’ll continue the roleplay as planned, sheets are due by tomorrow/Wednesday, and the roleplay itself starts on Friday.

Part of the reason I want to play regardless of TCS is because 1.) You’ve been wanting to do something like this since forever and 2.) this is a rather unique RP.

Do you guys mind if I push this back to around Monday or Tuesday instead of today? I'm kinda behind on school stuff and don't think I can divert my attention to this.

Do you guys mind if I push this back to around Monday or Tuesday instead of today? I'm kinda behind on school stuff and don't think I can divert my attention to this.

Real life is more important

Okay! I'm sorry that I've kind of gotten off track with this. I've been struggling really badly with school and I haven't really had the time to dedicate to this. I'll see how I feel next Monday, and if I'm not up to it the whole thing is off.

Appearance:

13C4D187-1E8E-47FE-8998-143AF21F942E.png

Name: Azwel

Canon: Soulcalibur VI

Cooking Proficiencies: sorry for snatching everything you listed, Polik. it was real descriptive-
Baking - F
Dough Kneading - D
Microwave - A
Soup - C
Roast - B
Haute Cuisine - D
Smoking - B
Frying - C
Fruit preserves - F
Vegetables - D
Garnish - A
Flambé- A

Cooking Experience: Azwel studied multiple subjects over human culture, and with that he learned some basic cooking skills. Though, he technically is still a student, not close to a professional.

Other: The outcome of competition does not matter much to him. He just hopes to learn more about cuisine to broaden his understanding of humans and others alike.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back