• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐗 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄 — 𝗼𝗼𝗰

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

erzulie

cheers for spring; for life; for a growing soul
For ooc chatter, questions, comments and concerns until the discord is created.
image0.gif

Finding face claims that fit the time period has been so hard. I’ll probably end up settling for a description lol.

No, FOR REAL. I feel yah. My oc went through a journey. I think I’ll just settle for a similar solution. I’ve got a good idea as to what they’ll look like, but no one’s fitting QUITE the way I want them to.

ALSO… I’m not entirely sure if it’s just my phone or the internet or what, but I can’t get the lore page to load. I’ll check back when I have my laptop on me!

hear me out: a secretly softhearted like, genuine italian-american mobster (either low-ranking security/enforcer or a rising star a la michael corleone - except they want to get out of this lifestyle one day) who originally started hanging around the fox hole for business but now just genuinely likes everyone and tries to cut them deals + save them money on the dl ?

hear me out: a secretly softhearted like, genuine italian-american mobster (either low-ranking security/enforcer or a rising star a la michael corleone - except they want to get out of this lifestyle one day) who originally started hanging around the fox hole for business but now just genuinely likes everyone and tries to cut them deals + save them money on the dl ?

dude, that sounds cool as hell.

erzulie erzulie
also can i ask if the history part of the character sheet is mandatory ? i have plans for my character's history to eventually be revealed through organic interactions since my chara. has a thing for vulnerability, and secrets, but all good if it has to be a part of the cs !

dude, that sounds cool as hell.

erzulie erzulie
also can i ask if the history part of the character sheet is mandatory ? i have plans for my character's history to eventually be revealed through organic interactions since my chara. has a thing for vulnerability, and secrets, but all good if it has to be a part of the cs !
It is but it doesn’t have to be extremely detailed. I will say that Coco would be the only person who knows all of the employees stories since she recruits and researches them thoroughly.

I mean… YES. Absolutely. I’m in love with them already.

I’ve got a bootlegger who distributes imports via travel, under the guise as a male cabaret performer. The droopy-eyed makeup is too good to pass up. She sings, she dances, she delivers only the finest liquor. Coco probably knows her true identity, but to everyone else she’s Lawrence Hirsch, a man of many talents.

Last edited:
I’ve added info about the current crime familes in NYC! These three familes are currently at the top of the food chain but there are also smaller families active in the city. I’ll be adding the npc associated with them.

Man I’m finally all settled, I’d love to hear all of your character concepts while I’m chilling! 👀

My current vaaaague concept is like. A greenhorn immigrant from Russia waltzes right off the docks and into a life of crime bc what better way to make it in America than working for bootleggers? None, thanks for asking. Waitress or bartender at The Fox Hole and has cheerfully discarded any sense of morality in favor of getting their hands on that sweet, sweet booze and guns. The idea of being able to protect themselves is more appealing than the money at the moment, although the money is pretty sweet.

Have not yet decided on a name or gender; if we need more guys/gals, I'm happy to play either.I would love to know how they might encounter Coco, who seems like she'd be a bit more discerning than just nabbing folks off street corners.

My current vaaaague concept is like. A greenhorn immigrant from Russia waltzes right off the docks and into a life of crime bc what better way to make it in America than working for bootleggers? None, thanks for asking. Waitress or bartender at The Fox Hole and has cheerfully discarded any sense of morality in favor of getting their hands on that sweet, sweet booze and guns. The idea of being able to protect themselves is more appealing than the money at the moment, although the money is pretty sweet.

Have not yet decided on a name or gender; if we need more guys/gals, I'm happy to play either.I would love to know how they might encounter Coco, who seems like she'd be a bit more discerning than just nabbing folks off street corners.
Ooo I can’t wait to see them! The club could always use more bootleggers, they have a reputation of having the best drinks after all. And as for Coco she recruits people in many ways, ranging from favors they owe to outright blackmail or threats.

Question: for the employee file should we leave that blank and fill it in as the story progresses? Or should we fabricate a previous mob backstory...?

thanks for all help : )
Man I’m finally all settled, I’d love to hear all of your character concepts while I’m chilling! 👀

F28F1DBE-0AD9-4B2F-8B41-3EF4E0674FBA.jpeg
popping in- hi hi hello :3

I HAVE posted my placeholders and am monching on the others as we speak >:>. as per my concepts, for Li Wei I’m imagining a kind of cold-blooded mercenary type, nicknamed the viper as she’s quick to double-cross others and is very hard to trust but also .. potential poisoning anyone?? jk jk.. UNLESS 🤨
her loyalties lie mainly for herself and she hardly takes into account anyone else so im most leaning towards her being there due to some sort of muddy business- a potential blackmail, faux sense of partnership or threat. either way, she seems to be there more out of self-preservation rather than fun. A girlboss, truly.

for Leszek or rather “Lech,” he’s kind of a muscle-y, obedient type. im picturing him as some sort of bouncer or foot soldier that says very little but it is otherwise on the kinder side of the spectrum (in comparison to li wei at least 😭), he doesn’t seem to have any ulterior motives but that’s what saves him from being a threat, though his past tells a very different story. He often gives the illusion of gullibility because he is so docile and inarticulate, but he’s actually smarter and sneakier than he lets on 😈. He sees everything, he is the mouse after all.

Question: for the employee file should we leave that blank and fill it in as the story progresses? Or should we fabricate a previous mob backstory...?

thanks for all help : )
You fill it out now! They don’t have to be apart of the mob either. They could have been an independent criminal or something. From a professional burglar to a petty thief, as long as they’re useful to the club and coco.

You fill it out now! They don’t have to be apart of the mob either. They could have been an independent criminal or something. From a professional burglar to a petty thief, as long as they’re useful to the club and coco.
I was hoping to try creating a mobster who frequents her club & helps her on occasion, I've uploaded my sheet for peer review.

Any comments/critique much appreciated : )

hello big brain erzulie, i have questions. i see that coco is a buchmann, so how does she feel about the other families? if i make my character say a mariani would coco distrust them enough to not hire them unless she had blackmail? i am always open to blackmail.

hello big brain erzulie, i have questions. i see that coco is a buchmann, so how does she feel about the other families? if i make my character say a mariani would coco distrust them enough to not hire them unless she had blackmail? i am always open to blackmail.
well I only planned on making the crime families npc since they’d be enemies the skulk would have to deal with for the most part. coco especially hates the mariani because of the beef between them. she’s too paranoid to really trust any members of that particular family. unless she has a sure fire way to keep them loyal to her. as for the other two she’d be more lenient. they’d be employees of the fox hole but she wouldn’t trust them to be members of the skulk. plus they’d be watched carefully. also it’s not known that coco is a buchmann.

Last edited:
hELLOHELLO I LOVE ALL THESE CHARACTERS AND CONCEPTS SO FAR !!! THEY ARE ALL SO INTERESTING 👁️ 👁️

i have put a name and a face to my heiress gal !! her vibe is a dazzling socialite who comes from old money and holds a charming reputation among the higher bracket new yorkers. there was definitely a time when she hung around the fox hole for recreation rather than why she's still around now but hey, if medea is one thing, she is fair. the idea is that she had been recently married until tragically (is it really tho) her husband kicked the bucket and mayhaps she had something to do with it— not that the cops know that is. besides, her hands aren't *truly* bloodied as she looked towards the skulk to lend a hand in whatever accident came his way to be six-feet under. in exchange, she unofficially works with them as a mouthpiece to scummy rich folk and gathering intel from high places.

aaa seeing the crew come all together one by one is so cool to see. i adore everything y'all are putting down.

figured i should also introduce my character since the cs has already been up but hey ! the resident jazz pianist, muscle, and esteemed events host of the fox hole arcadia davis-fuyuiro is a man of sensibility. they say you're never fully dressed without a smile, and kade is always dressed to the nines. the gentle giant of the club, he's always around to provide a helping hand, be it for camaraderie's sake, or through someone's teeth—of course, if the price is right, and certainly enough, it always is. he came into contact with the skulk for one particular operation, and ever since, he's acquainted himself warmly to the atmosphere of the fox hole, and the people who run it.

Y’all are so big brained omg. I plan on making the due date sometime next week but don’t worry too much! I haven’t decided on a set date yet.

well I only planned on making the crime families npc since they’d be enemies the skulk would have to deal with for the most part. coco especially hates the mariani because of the beef between them. she’s too paranoid to really trust any members of that particular family. unless she has a sure fire way to keep them loyal to her. as for the other two she’d be more lenient. they’d be employees of the fox hole but she wouldn’t trust them to be members of the skulk. plus they’d be watched carefully. also it’s not known that coco is a buchmann.
would my oc work as a sort of tentative link between marini/coco? or would you prefer i just edit his alliance to remove some of that animosity

would my oc work as a sort of tentative link between marini/coco? or would you prefer i just edit his alliance to remove some of that animosity
From what I read his loyalty is with house mariani so she wouldn’t hire him off the bat unfortunately. she wouldn’t trust such a high ranking member.

also! everyone I’ve decided to make the due date Friday, January 6th. I’ll be willing to allow up to two days for extensions. Once the due date arrives I’ll be choosing the cast from the completed.

From what I read his loyalty is with house mariani so she wouldn’t hire him off the bat unfortunately. she wouldn’t trust such a high ranking member.

also! everyone I’ve decided to make the due date Friday, January 6th. I’ll be willing to allow up to two days for extensions. Once the due date arrives I’ll be choosing the cast from the completed.
That's understandable, is designating my oc to a higher position in the hierarchy ok?

A little bit of suspicion on coco's part might be fun to play with (if you're cool with it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back