• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Forgotten Ones

marorda

Oddball and author
futuristic-city-wallpaper-hd3.jpg

So... instead of just fantasy I decided to roll up a futuristic idea for a change. Who's in?

Setting and general idea

Funny. Long ago people said there would come a time when humanity would be fully dependent on technology. They laughed at the claims and ignored the warnings, but look at them now...

Perhaps they should have taken the warnings more seriously, perhaps it would have made no difference at all. I have lost the count of the years since the Tar'Sareth and the humans of earth had their first contact. Their homeworld was destroyed by war and after traveling for several generations they had chosen Earth to be their new home. They claimed our worlds looked alike. But yet they preferred to stay in their ships, hovering around the planet like a huge swarm of bees. And although this might be considered a shame, it was for the better that it went this way. Maybe it would have been even better if the humans of earth had, after two decades, decided not to engage in further contact. But who could possibly say no to the offer of sharing technology with beings so many times more advanced than themselves? The Tar'Sareth sharing their knowledge exponentially increased the rate with which we developed our own technology. And that is when things got out of hand....

Now, most people don't know any better than that they get their orders on who does what and when it's one. Wake, eat, work, sleep. Repeat. An endless cycle. The same pattern day after day, unable to be broken. Everything they do, every movement, every word said or unsaid, is determined and registered by an entity known as the Digital Heart, or just the Heart for short. And its not just the rhythm, it's also the precision. Every detail is predetermined. The only people with a free will appear to be the children under the age of them. Them... and us, those who managed to escape.

Plot, a WIP

We are the rare few that, for reasons unknown, are not or no longer influenced by the Heart. Things are changing in the world, and the changes become more and more apparent. Did the Heart go haywire? Are the Tar'Sareth up to something after not having shown themselves for longer than people can remember? Or is there something bigger going on? It is up to us to unravel secrets from the past and find out what is happening in order to determine the remainder of the future and the fate of the world.

The World

This RP will take place in the distant (or maybe nearer than we think) future of Earth. Cities will be mostly highly futuristic, but there will be dystopian districts and possibly even entire dystopian cities.

A Quick Q&A

How many places does this RP have?

- I do not have a set amount of spots to reserve. Just drop a message if you're interested.

Can I be a Tar'Sareth or other alien?

- No, you can't. The Tar'Sareth have never set foot on Earth and there is no known contact with other alien species. Besides, we're the group of folks that are trying to figure out what causes the strange changes. This does, however, not mean you must be a human per se. I will explain this upon enough interest (and only in PM to those who want said specific roles)

When will this start?

- I'm thinking when I have at least 5 people who're interested

Why the title?

- This will be explained later on

Picture time!

In the spoilers you'll find pictures showing off points in the setting, to give you a general idea of how things look.

dystopia.jpg

133751186.doPv9VFU.LondonDystopia.jpg
futuristic-dystopia_00356713.jpg

garcya_us_different95.jpg

dylan_cole_01.jpg

futuristic-city-wallpaper-hd.jpg

futuristic-city-wallpaper-20.jpg

21258_1_miscellaneous_digital_art_futuristic_futuristic_city.jpg
Futuristic_City_by_JJasso.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back