• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Fight In Me (Dystopia Rp + Always Accepting)

Would you like to live in a dystopia?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• OMG YAS I WULD!

• OMG NO U CRAZY!

• YoU TINK I'm Havung a BRaiN Strouke! PffFTsssss NaW.

• Total voters
The Marshall, a cautionary tale of a Government enforcer who would ruthessly and systematically take down rebel organizations with staggering efficiency. The way the tale goes;

Come little ones, come to me.

Come to discover come to see.

The Marshall is watching, ever from the shadow.

You must be careful when his eyes fall upon yee,

If he is swifter there'll be no tomorrow.

So lock up your doors and watch all your backs

The Marshall will find you, he's hot on your tracks.

And so it was, Garrett had been watching this city unfold for an entire day, hiding in plain sight as his armor reflected the light and made him Damn near impossible to see. As the night came, he crouched down and became little more than a distorted blob of air, something so easily overlooked while you were preparing for war. He observed the compound and watched as people slowly entered, his faceless helmet counting them as they each entered... one hundred and three. The Rebels had built themselves quite the army it seemed! It was no matter, Garrett carried no weapons on him -he wouldn't need them anyways. After a few more individuals entered the compound Garrett made his move, short sprints across dark paths kept him virtually invisible to the naked eye. The armor's internal cooling system kept the surface of his armor at room temperature, even if they DID had thermals they wouldn't be seeing him that way either. Garrett was here on a mission, why the Government was interested in the girl and what secrets she held were not of a concern to him. He had his job, he'd complete it.

As he scaled a chain link fence and made it inside the compound he sprinted to the dark and scanned people as they walked by. He needed a specific target, though he assumed she'd stand out pretty well amongst the Rebels. That is when the gunshot rang through the compound and everyone seemed to spring into high alert, they raced for the perimeters and scanned the outside for enemies while his target- a 9 year old little girl seemed to venture out into his sight as well. Garrett highlighter her inside the helmet and reached for his belt, removing a baseball sized object he activated the item and threw it high into the air. Quickly looking down and highlighting himself when the baseball began to hover above the ground and fired a small .22 caliber bullet at anyone nearby, the orb flying swiftly through the compound and gunning down anyone nearby the Girl and nearby Garret before flying off deeper into the compound in order to draw them away from the two.

Garret himself, still cloaked made a sprint for the girl, she may have been confused to see the air distorted but would quickly find out it was a man as Garret uncloaked and grabbed her by the arm, pulling her into the shadows and covering her mouth with his hand.

"Do not scream. You're going to do as I say, if you call for help I will kill whoever comes." he said, his voice so quiet it was almost as if her own subconscious was speaking to her. She'd be surprised to find the man melt into the air before her very eyes as Garrett cloaked himself again and took his hand off her mouth.

"Go there, stay in the dark- make your way for the fence." he told her, constantly scanning the area around him for anyone who may still be nearby.

(Isn't it so nice Garrett could stop in, that little bastard? xD )

Seraphina saw Lavender get dragged away, and she picked up her pistols and leaped straight out the window. She caught onto a branch hanging overhead, but her grip wasn't strong enough to hold on. Her hands slipped, and she fell backwards onto the ground. The impact knocked all the air out of her lungs, but she stood up, pistols raised, and ran to where she thought Lavender had been taken. She was wrong, but close enough to notice where they really were. "Hey!" She shouted, pointing both guns at where they stood. Thank god I was watching Lavender, Seraphina thought.

Lavender whirled around, and spoke. "Too bad ya didn't realize, I don't take orders from anybody but my leader." She looked at Seraphina, "Sera, I can't see him. I dunno where he is." Lavender reluctantly stepped forward in Seraphina's direction, hoping this guy wouldn't kill Seraphina. "Don't worry about me. T- this isn't the first time. Usually it's a guy sent by Alice, a.k.a government person, a.k.a Idiot." She said the last name with a grin.

Remaining still, Garret watched Seraphina, her body being highlighted by his biological survey. Standing up, he was still just as invisible as before. A voice was heard, again just as quiet as before. The voice seemed to come from within your own minds, rather than directly in front of you.

"This doesn't have to be violent. You will lower your gun. She will come with me. We will leave. Anything you do to interfere with that and I will not hesitate to kill you." He explained as he slowly took a step forward, avoiding making a sound, avoiding their sight. Lavander was highlighted along with her 'leader', there would be no hiding from him.

Seraphina nods. "Ok, I will leave, then." She walks off, although doubling back once she is a way away, stopping some way behind them, the direction they are most likely to go.

@Anaxial

Last edited by a moderator:
Dante frowned as he heard shots ring out. Just fucking great. All I wanted was a relaxing night. He heard his walkie talkie go off and picked it up. "Yeah, yeah. I was busy. Snow here." He said and continued jogging down the alley. He lost sight of the girl and was trying to track her with his thermal scanner. He picked up a heat trail and followed it to a dead body. Well, looks like more Government to help me. "Alex....dead rebel. Meet me at the coordinates I am sending you. I have some guns for you. We will take out the warehouse, I've got dogs, and more Guardians on the way." He said and sent her the coordinates.

He checked on his weapons making sure they were all loaded and grabbed his favorite 9mm, making sure he had his laser sight on it. He dropped his duffle bag and grabbed some daggers from it and a survival knife which he sheathed on his vest. He sighed and knew with a sinking feeling in his stomach that the little girl from earlier was in the warehouse. Would it be more merciful to kill her or send her to the Hole? He rubbed his face as he waited for Alex. He was a Guardian and he served the Government; why was he having these stupid thoughts ever since he met that girl from earlier he had been bending some rules. He could be executed for that....he realized she reminded him of her, but she was dead and it was his fault and causing more trouble for his family would not help. He smirked when he saw Alex, one of his best friends and threw her a bag with equipment and a gun. "Ready, hot stuff?" He teased. She hated when he called her that.

(Sorry finals week and then I had to go back home for break.)

Alex arrived and caught the bag with one hand. She had always hated how Snow called her that, but in a way she sort of liked it. It was like one more thing to show she had a best friend who she could always count on. "Right." She smirked, filled with much more confidence now that she had weapons and backup. "So I know there are at least a hundred rebels in there, not much more most likely. To be honest, this is the first time I've seen so many rebels in just one place. Which got me thinking. Maybe the rebel leader is in there." The corners of Alex's mouth lifted slightly forming a small smile as she prepared herself.

With Seraphina clearing from the premise, her highlighted outline remained on his screen, he could see her doubling back and shook his head in disapproval. Looking back down at Lavander he crouched down and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Please, just do as I say. It makes it easier on both of us." He said to the girl, ushering her away from the compound. "Go on, that way. Towards the fence." He commanded once again.

Lavender pressed her lips together. "Easier on YOU. I'll die the second they see me. I know they'll kill me. Just like they killed my parents..." She said, the last sentence was more of her own thought, as she said it much more quiet than her other words. Tears welled up in her eyes but she pulled her jacket and hat in a position to conceal her face in shadow. Don't cry now! Don't remember it! D-dont! Focus! Just focus on not dying! She thought.

"No. I'd be walking to my death." Lavender bit her lip and dug her heels into the ground.

Watching the girl tear up gave the professional government assassin a heavy heart. He knew what she said was probably true, and he wasn't add heartless as the stories would suggest, or the government would like. Still, he had a job to do.

He sighed and patted the girl on the shoulder, a notion he knew would probably mean nothing to her, coming from him but he was at a loss. Even he regretted seeing children brought into the squabbles of adults.

"Look... I don't know why they want you, what they'll do with you... but we all have a purpose right? Something we do keeps the gears going. I'm not going to say I can keep you safe, I'm the one bringing you to danger to begin with..." he explained, putting both his hands on her shoulders. With a heavy sigh he knew he'd regret what he was about to do....

His light refraction turned off and the girl could now see Garrett, even if his face was covered by the harsh plate of his helmet.

"We all have purpose, everything happens for a reason, now won't you please come with me or must I carry you? " he asked, his voice audibly coming from him now, it was no longer the quiet whisper it was before.

Lavender's sense of the difference between the truth and lies were smothered by the sudden memory of her parents. "Only if you don't hurt my friends..." She said, pulling her jacket tightly around herself. "Only then, will I go with you..." Lavender said, her voice shook at the decision. Her grief didn't seem to let her think straight.

Alex's smile dropped and was quickly replaced by a cold look of surprise. She barely heard it, but she could swear she heard voices. She tensed and looked back at one of her only best friends. "Hey Snow, do you hear that? Pretty sure someone's outside of the warehouse, or rather, two people. Should we check it out?" Alex strained to try and hear the voices again so she could pinpoint the general direction that they came from. Her once confident swaggy posture had changed to that of a soldier instead and her face had grown concentrated.

@Dothraki Khaleesi

Seraphina spied on the two as she stood, waiting. But... something was off. The sudden tears coming from Lavender, they made it seem like the assassin said something to cause that, but it looked like when whatever happened to cause the tears caused a little bit of his professionalism to slip away. Seraphina inched closer, now wondering if he knew she'd doubled back. It didn't seem likely... but she'd take no chances. She decided, with a heavy heart, to go back to the warehouse and wait until she could confirm where Lavender was... if they hadn't killed her.

She silently removed herself from where she was and went back to the warehouse. A bearded man asked, "Where's Lavender?" Seraphina sighs. "She got.. captured." The raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure you're doing your job?" He raises his fists to make sure he can strike at any moment, if it's the right moment. "Yes," Seraphina said and walked back to the window where she was Lavender taken away. She tried to spy on them, but her line of sight to them was blocked by foliage and stuff... She groaned, stood up, and faced away from the window. "This is all my fault..."

Behind Seraphina, laughter echoed throughout the room. It was not of innocence, nor of guiltiness. It was the type of laugh anyone might have while amused; which was what Crow exactly was. He stood behind Seraphina, as if coming from thin air. He didn't waste a second before jumping into what matter he had got interested in.

"You
really screwed up, Seraphina. Not only is the key to our mutiny being taken away, you let a guardian come in. Did a half-assed job of trying to keep undercover too. Came in, and her eyes were like the size of dinner plates. She just ran out after that, which is a for-sure sign that she wasn't one of us. My bet is that she's preparing to fight us as we speak." Crow let out in a playful tone. He got tired of the peace, anyways.

"At the rate things are going downhill, it's time to play offensive. I inquire you have a plan, Ms. Leader?" He asked, eager to hear Seraphina's answer.

"I admit I don't. This group is becoming too big for me to control, and I will be stepping down once I can find a replacement." Seraphina says, sarcastically and bitterly. "And we already knew they'd be preparing to fight us. But I didn't intend for this to be a huge group of brawlers and sharp-tongues. Maybe it is time that I step down... but not today. So let me carry out one more mission, then we'll see if I'm still fit to run this place." Seraphina looked back at him, pistols loosely held in both hands. "Do you deny my request? Because if you keep going the way you are..." She doesn't finish the sentence, instead jst glares at him, daring him to challenge her request.

Alex snuck around within the shadows and came to where she could see some little girl and a man with some weird looking armor. She snuck a little closer so she could hear more, when she realized who the little girl was. She was a very wanted rebel that the government wanted more than anyone else. Then Alex moved around to get a better perspective and realized that the man was Garret. Still, she kept watching, curious as to why he wasn't turning her in. She stayed in the darkness, wondering whether or not Garret would fulfill his job. If he won't, I will. Alex furrowed her brows and stared in deep concentration.

Garrett audibly sighed behind his mask opened up his communication panel.

"This is the Marshall, I've got the girl but the others cleared out. I did a sweep with my bio scanner and I'm not picking anything up. I'll report to the drop off zone in half an hour." He said out loud so that the girl could hear him. He gave her a nod and closed the comms, he'd now lied to his bosses, just digging himself a grave at this point.

"See? No harm will come to your friends."

Alex's face dropped. What does he think he's doing? I know that there's at least a hundred of them in the warehouse... And that's qualified as 'cleared out'? He's going to get himself killed lying like this.. She frowned as she stepped into Garret's view. "What do you think you're trying to do?" She crossed her arms and frowned even more, hoping for his sake, that he he wasn't planning a betrayal of the government.

@Anaxial

He gave out a smile, mainly to irritate Seraphina.

"Hey, I'll follow you on this one, Ms. Leader. Although...if you think I wanna run the place, you'd be dead wrong about that." Crow said, as he searched his pockets. Finally, he pulled out a phone, which he kept for several reasons, one of them being info on government hotshots.

"Three people on our tails. Barely tried to keep their names secret, except for the one doing most of the transmissions. I can't say in specifics who the 3rd is, but I can tell you this: we got the Marshall on our asses. If I'd say, he's probably the one with Lavender. Look- you don't have a plan. I'm planning to go out there, but I want you watching my back. Are you good with that plan, Seraphina?" He said, more seriously than he had been before. He knew how reckless and dangerous it was; but how else would he strike fear into the government? By killing them by hiding? No, they had to act as if they were more powerful, although they weren't. But public images can go a long way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seraphina sputtered. "I hope you can't tell the third person because you don't know who it is," she threatens. "Because if not, if you're going to keep going on the path you're on..." She snorted and walked off.

Alex glared at Garret and repeated what she had said. "Are you deaf? I asked you what the heck you think you're doing. You and I both know that the rebels are most certainly not cleared out. We also both know how stupid of an idea it is to lie to HQ, so what are you doing?" She tapped her foot impatiently.

@Anaxial

A voice came from the womans back ''Easy to answer Ms.Yuri...he is disobeying orders and lieing to his supperiors...I thought you were more professional than this Mr.Marshall,getting soft now?'' the man said while smoking a cigarette ''I could report this...Slip up...to The Goverment,but I think I will forget this for now think of this as an Friendly gesture from a Old Dog of the Goverment to another Dog of the goverment'' he added while he started to walk towards them ''This little lady here is wanted by the Goverment...and the goverment pays good for people they want caputured or...eliminated,you are really lucky young lady because they want you alive or a 45.caliber bullet would be decorating your skull by now,so what about you go with Mr.Marshall here peacefully and he gets a praise for his job..maybe a promotion I dont knowh,and I get paid''he said turning towards the little girl ''Want a cigarrete?'' he Offered to Marshall

"You overstated it as lucky." Lavender muttered quietly, pulling her beanie over the tip of her ears. She wiped tears away that were about to fall and pulled her mind and self together. Lavender's entire body stiffened, but she was surprisingly calm.

Crow gave another laugh. It seemed like she was the same as ever. He went on to go outside; he already had his weapons prepped. He'd most likely have to go killing, but no surprise there. He gave out a silent groan as he tried to think of a way to free Lavender without mass murder. Negotiation wasn't any option, either. Either way, he'd keep walking up to them, even if in plain sight, until they noticed him. He could already hear voices. He slowly counted down, in a soft whisper.

He had taken his last step; he was in plain sight, now. He did a mental inventory; he was wearing a bullet-proof vest under his jacket, and carried a crowbar, along with a Remington 870; an old brand, but it was reliable. He had modified the bullets to modern-day-type technology standard, but it didn't mean he could shoot lasers. He put the shotgun down, as if a crane, and silently prayed Seraphina had his back. Crow gave his traditional grin.

"Hey, Government Dogs. I'm here for the girl. Hand her over, and maybe I won't send you all to a place worse than hell."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back