• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Fate of Us

Ellensouler

Waves splashed against the small bow of their small boat, both of them sitting there without saying much of a word at all. Shyla had both of her arms hugged around her waist, leaning forward, shaking her ears when water would splash her. Ronan, her brother, sat there with a paw under his chin, looking over the side of the bow looking to his reflection. They had recently escaped the KRS troops by their pelts, another one of Ronan's plans, though this time it had succeeded with a cost.

"Did we have to kill them? I feel like we didn't have to kill them," the female said in a monotone voice while her brother took a deep breath. "What is the answer I usually give you...?"

For a moment she had pondered, even though she already knew the answer. "Yes brother," she held herself and turned around, seeing a small cabin on the water.

"Brother! A house!" she pointed as he sprang up, "Maybe they have booze, God let there be booze! Row Shyla! Row me to that sweet alcohol..."

"Yes brother!" she stood up and saluted him with a sailor salute, laughing at her own foolishness.

Beyond the house in the surrounding wall of forest lied a pair of eyes. Eyes of hunger and rage. These are the eyes of a beast who must fight to survive. Kriss is a hyena, looking for his next meal. With his stealth, he continues to pursue the boat from the shadows

Last edited by a moderator:
As the boat went to shore Ronan lifted his finger, sniffing the air. They weren't stupid and had survived for years. The Raccoon looked at this brother and gave him a glare, Shyla knowing what that meant as she slowly grabbed her sniper from the boat, surveying the coast.

"What do you see..." he whispered as he held up a fist, doing some symbols with her fingers. It was sign language, better to not talk at all then talk and be found.

"A light house, a cabin. And a shadow." her paw signals represented as Ronan nodded.

"Then we are being hunted.." he signed back.

The mighty Kriss sensed more danger than he had anticipated, and began precautions. He rolled in the nearest mud to mask scent, and was extra weary of branches. Approaching near the house, he stops to climb a tall tree to scout. Sniffing the air, he located the two from the brush covering his location

Shyla turned back with her eyes squinted, surprised, "I lost his scent..." she scanned the coastline and got out of the boat. Both of them took out their own cover scents and dabbed it on their necks.

"Then we bleed them out of hiding..." he smiled, deliberately separating himself from his sister. Sooner or later the animal would attempt an attack, but they were both on guard now and were highly skilled.

"Come out..." Ronan ordered as he kept his body behind rocks or trees making sure the animal didn't have a shot. With a free paw he looked inside a bush, nothing.

Shyla however had vanished, out of sight of both their stalker and her brother. She crawled on the ground, as silent as a snake as she crawled on some brush. She looked through the scope but her heart sank when she saw him on his stomach next to her, he didn't seem to notice.

Kriss lay low, alert as he could be, even with his concussion. As he lay low awaiting the arrival of his prey, Kriss felt a presence next to him. And aura, not of evil, but a kind, gentle feeling. He looked to his side, and there lie the beautiful Shyla.

"We could have killed each other at any time, yet we lay by each other..." she kept her glance away from him. But she still had to play it safe. With a quick reaction she drew her blade and tossed her rifle to the side, rolling over him and sticking the blade under his neck. She looked at him with her one eye, the side of her body seemed smaller as well. He long blue cloak hid the fact she only had one arm.

With swiftness Kriss batted the bladed arm to the side while kicking her straight into the air. Shyla tumbled in an almost full back roll before colliding with a tree. Kriss stood there then, looking down at her.

With a grunt Shyla rolled until he back hit a small tree, it knocked some of the wind out of her as she glared at him, "Not bad...but I would like my knife back please..." she kept her Luger pointed at him, the knife deeply embedded into his hip.

Last edited:
"Tsk, you got me good.." the hyenda pulled out the knife with a wince "what is someone like you doin 'round here? There is both anger and mercy in his eyes

"Shelter. Food," were the only words she decided to give him as she heard her brother calling her. "My knife..." she held out her paw and gestured to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back