• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Fallen World

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
1. “This is very simple, alright? It’s a demon. Yes, a real one. You didn’t look at the plans very hard when this place was built, did you? Course not. Some clever sod built the 13th floor in just the right configuration to conjure summat up, and now it wants you, among other things. If you don’t want it to get you, you will stand in that circle and be very still. I’ll take care of the rest.”

Tarot Signifier: The Devil

Mystery Card: Temperance

Keywords: Confrontation & Transgression

Mr. Grin has first refusal on this entry.

2. “Once, we ruled in Atlantis. We sought to challenge the Divine, and so we were scourged from the earth. A blow so terrible it tore a great Abyss in reality and left our world Fallen. We who are so touched by God must control our hubris and understand that this is a gift given unto us. And it must be used accordingly.”

Tarot Signifiers: The Hierophant, The High Priestess

Mystery Card: Strength.

Keywords: Power & Command

Syrenrei has first refusal on this entry.

3. “As above, so below. The view from Axis Mundi is infinite, you understand. Kill the god, and the river dies. Bind the river, and the god sickens. As moves one, so must the other. Realize, then, that I may push the right one to see your cancer return. Take your bulldozers away from this sacred place, or suffer.”

Tarot Signifier: The Hermit

Mystery Card: The Moon

Keywords: Boundaries & Intercession

The Fuzz has first refusal on this entry.

4. “Rest, now. Rest. Your bones are gold in the pockets of your family. They won’t forget you, and they won’t suffer. Sleep, now. You’ve earned a happy ending to this ghost story.”

Tarot Signifier: Death

Mystery Card: The World

Keywords: Transition & Permanance

Anomaly is returning to this one.

5. “That gum you like is going to come back into style.”

Tarot Signifier: The Fool

Mystery Card: The Wheel of Fortune

Keywords: Choice & Consequence

JayTee has first refusal.

An ordinary life. An average existence. You spent your whole life in Sleep, never knowing, never understanding. But now something is buzzing at the edge of your senses. Something about life seems wrong. Broken. A Lie.

The truth will change everything.

The characters in this RP should be five ordinary people in the modern day. The players should choose a city for the RP to take place in, but can otherwise be from more or less any place or background. This RP is set in the modern day. There will be dice involved.

Mysteries will be a big theme. It may be horrific, at times.

Prospective players should tell me which of the five paragraphs above are most appealing, then pitch a character.

This will not begin before March 1st. I will be extremely selective with applications. An application without a character pitch will not be considered.

Anyone who is wise the twist best keep it to themselves.

Further, important character items:

Please answer the following from your character's perspective. Not necessarily in their voice; merely their perspective.

1. What is the worst thing you've ever done?

2. What is the worst thing you can imagine yourself doing?

3. What is the worst thing you can imagine someone else doing?

4. What is the most traumatic thing that has ever happened to your character?

5. Strange things happen in every life - what have you forgotten?

Last edited by a moderator:
Like an unresolved equation, there is an answer here, a Truth, waiting for the chance in fate to allow it to resolve. A composed symphony waits for the orchestra, but would it deafen those around it, while it bellows like some primordial beast? Or perhaps, a hymn for the funeral pyre would be welcome instead, to give the mind a little respite? Options for the souls to partake.

I would love to rejoin this with Thom if you'd have me, @Grey. Get a bit more into the character's story and all that.

BETH LIVES AGAIN.

Should I just copy-pasta from the last thread?

Also, you should probably tag the others, too.

EDIT: Noticed that the old thread was gone and nearly flipped out, until I realized I had it all on GDocs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I refuse!

(what exactly am I refusing?)

Dusky, You wouldn't happen to have my old application in that Gdoc, would you?

Alas, JT, no.

And I didn't save the actual roleplay, which is a bummer. I can't seem to find it, even in Archives.

I got Morde to copy Dirge over to me, through a convoluted process. xD You went and deleted the threads, Grey. For shame.

I needed space! I said I could dig them up though. I have them in a tab ready for undeletion when I'd talked to the admins about moving stuff around.

Anomaly said:
Can we maybe just pick up where we left off with Beth? xD It was so good.
Absolutely. Let me just get all the other ducks in a row first, and if it comes to it I'll just make Beth's thread a 1x1.

Oh, right, I knew I'd forgotten something. Like me fight with this janky countryside connection and I'll PM it to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back