• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Faerie and the villager? Olden days, fantasy, conflict. [Villager Needed]

Rabbit

...who thinks he is a hare.

Hey fellow weirdos. ^-^

I would much like to pick up an old roleplay plot that never really took off on another site before the site was shut down...

The Setting

I am not a historian but this will have an old (English, probably) vibe to it. It takes place in a small farming village at the border of a vast forest. It is generally accepted by its people that the Fair Folk / Fae / faeries do exist, and in fact faeries are often blamed for the disappearances of musicians, artists, poets and small children. Sometimes a human child will be swapped for a faerie child (called a Changeling) late at night; a replacement child that quickly loses its human-like appearance and often dies very young either because the parents refuse to care for it or because of the iron present in its environment. Iron and steel cannot be touched by faeries without burning them, and even the presence of a lot of iron will make a faerie sick.

The Fae are notorious tricksters and are often thought to be the cause of accidents and mishaps with crops and livestock. The villagers live with constant fear and anger towards these creatures, and would treat them much like they used to treat witches.

The Plot

So the general idea is that one of the villagers [your character] somehow comes to know a faerie [my character]. We can talk about how this might come to be, but some discord between the Fae and humankind would make it all more interesting, and I must add that I have a thing for dark and emotive roleplays. A couple of scenarios that could - and have, almost - been used before are that my character was caught by a young farmer, fatally injuring the human in the process and leaving them with the first ever Faerie to be held captive in the village (the first time it hasn't been the other way around, as human beings are often ensnared and forced to stay in the Fae realm), and that - in another example - someone was sent out to the forest to retrieve some of those who had been lost. Eventually they may form some kind of relationship with each other and discover things about each others' realities that perhaps others like them never would have had the opportunity to discover. My character will have a natural fascination with humans, which will help. I would like this to be a relationship with character - they could end up like love/hate siblings or allies that keep betraying each other and can never quite find trust, but are drawn to each other all the same. My favorite thing about this plot is that no one plays the "good" character or the "bad" character as such. The villagers feel they are protecting themselves and mankind, and the faeries have such complex and whimsy morals that... well... who knows...

The Roleplay Partner

I would like to roleplay with someone who loves vivid imagery and who is fairly detailed, but will not feel pressured to write ten paragraphs every time. Too long posts often means that subtle gestures and responses / reactions are lost, and well... too much happens all at once (just an opinion from experience) but anyhow...

Ideally, we would develop a team where I would describe and introduce you to the Fae world, and you would show me (through your character and their life) what the village and its ways and customs are like.

Oh and... I need grammar. Loads of run-on sentences hurt... because I find myself holding my breath until I find the next "."
xD So please... please use grammar. I beg you.

Anyone interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rabbit said:

Hey fellow weirdos. ^-^

I would much like to pick up an old roleplay plot that never really took off on another site before the site was shut down...

The Setting

I am not a historian but this will have an old (English, probably) vibe to it. It takes place in a small farming village at the border of a vast forest. It is generally accepted by its people that the Fair Folk / Fae / faeries do exist, and in fact faeries are often blamed for the disappearances of musicians, artists, poets and small children. Sometimes a human child will be swapped for a faerie child (called a Changeling) late at night; a replacement child that quickly loses its human-like appearance and often dies very young either because the parents refuse to care for it or because of the iron present in its environment. Iron and steel cannot be touched by faeries without burning them, and even the presence of a lot of iron will make a faerie sick.

The Fae are notorious tricksters and are often thought to be the cause of accidents and mishaps with crops and livestock. The villagers live with constant fear and anger towards these creatures, and would treat them much like they used to treat witches.

The Plot

So the general idea is that one of the villagers [your character] somehow comes to know a faerie [my character]. We can talk about how this might come to be, but some discord between the Fae and humankind would make it all more interesting, and I must add that I have a thing for dark and emotive roleplays. A couple of scenarios that could - and have, almost - been used before are that my character was caught by a young farmer, fatally injuring the human in the process and leaving them with the first ever Faerie to be held captive in the village (the first time it hasn't been the other way around, as human beings are often ensnared and forced to stay in the Fae realm), and that - in another example - someone was sent out to the forest to retrieve some of those who had been lost. Eventually they may form some kind of relationship with each other and discover things about each others' realities that perhaps others like them never would have had the opportunity to discover. My character will have a natural fascination with humans, which will help. I would like this to be a relationship with character - they could end up like love/hate siblings or allies that keep betraying each other and can never quite find trust, but are drawn to each other all the same. My favorite thing about this plot is that no one plays the "good" character or the "bad" character as such. The villagers feel they are protecting themselves and mankind, and the faeries have such complex and whimsy morals that... well... who knows...

The Roleplay Partner

I would like to roleplay with someone who loves vivid imagery and who is fairly detailed, but will not feel pressured to write ten paragraphs every time. Too long posts often means that subtle gestures and responses / reactions are lost, and well... too much happens all at once (just an opinion from experience) but anyhow...

Ideally, we would develop a team where I would describe and introduce you to the Fae world, and you would show me (through your character and their life) what the village and its ways and customs are like.

Oh and... I need grammar. Loads of run-on sentences hurt... because I find myself holding my breath until I find the next "."
xD So please... please use grammar. I beg you.

Anyone interested?

I'd certainly by interested!~ (Though, run-on sentences do seem to be my worst english enemy~…. I WILL TRY AND CONQUER THEM. xD ) I'm fairly experienced and am most comfortable in detailed role-plays with 2-5 paragraphs per post, I'm particularly interested in these types of role-plays!~ :3 :D X3 xD

Perhaps... try to - calmly and slowly - speak what you write? It helps me a great deal, except that eventually my mouth feels dry from talking too much.

Anyway I'm happy you're interested :)

(love your profile picture by the way... Pikachu can be so cute).

Do you prefer roleplaying in forums, PMs or email?

Note to others : I can play multiple versions of this plot so it's still open ^_^

Hey!

Aargh, I hate it when my intro goes all awkward like that.
xD

I love the sound of this plot, and any old English style setting always catches me.

Anyway, I'm really interested in this plot! I'd love to role play in a PM. PM me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rabbit said:
Perhaps... try to - calmly and slowly - speak what you write? It helps me a great deal, except that eventually my mouth feels dry from talking too much.
Anyway I'm happy you're interested :)

(love your profile picture by the way... Pikachu can be so cute).

Do you prefer roleplaying in forums, PMs or email?

Note to others : I can play multiple versions of this plot so it's still open ^_^
xD Sorry, I tend to be rather hyper in the OOC but once in IC I calm down unless of course the character fits that stereotype~….. (I also have better grammar when typing proper posts.)

((btw, I love this profile pic too!~ :3)

I don't mind between forums and PM's, but I don't do emails. :D

Though, for detailed I guess a thread may be better. X3 xD

TheHappyPikachu said:
xD Sorry, I tend to be rather hyper in the OOC but once in IC I calm down unless of course the character fits that stereotype~….. (I also have better grammar when typing proper posts.)

Nothing wrong with being hyper ^-^ On really good days I am, but otherwise I rely on other hyper people (in real life) to prevent my quietness from making things awkward xD I will message you and we can talk about characters and such ~

TheHappyPikachu said:

Oh... oops. I just realized again that I don't have enough posts yet to initiate PMs. Would you mind messaging me? x3

Mewloid said:

Hey!

Aargh, I hate it when my intro goes all awkward like that.
xD

I love the sound of this plot, and any old English style setting always catches me.

Anyway, I'm really interested in this plot! I'd love to role play in a PM. PM me!

Glad you like the idea :)

Hmm.... I can't message you yet because I don't have 10 posts to my name yet and it seems replies don't count.

Would you mind messaging me?

I would totally love to do this RP with you. I have several ideas already blooming in my head!

Awesome, I never expected this many replies

xD

I look forward to roleplaying with all of you
:)

Will have to close this thread now so I don't take on too much.

Moonshadow said:
I would totally love to do this RP with you. I have several ideas already blooming in my head!
Again... I forgot about the message thing xD mind messaging me?

It's exciting when people instantly start getting ideas :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back