• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Extraordinary Cases of Rob and Theo

Ranix Aurus

Languishing in Progress
Roleplay Type(s)
Today is like any other day.

I donned my overcoat, put on my fedora, and then hauled a taxi to meet up with my new client. It was a lovely young woman. From the trembling in her voice, and the faint but distinct sob, I could deduce that she had been greatly distressed by whatever darkness had dared to trouble her fair countenance. What a shame. It pained me that I couldn't be there to protect her, but it is my duty as a famous detective to appease her worry.

We are to meet at a famous coffee shop. A fitting place to discuss the case without drawing attention. After all, a maiden's honor might be at stake.

I took a seat in the cab, casting a lazy glance outside. The hustle and bustle of the city makes my lonely soul weary, but alas, it is a sacrifice that I would gladly partake for the sake of maintaining the veil of peace that blesses the ignorant mass-

"Hey, mister! Mister!"

The taxi driver's angry shout threw Robert out of his delusion. He quickly reached out at his fedora, which had already veered off to the side because he suddenly jumped out of fright.

"Do not sleep ah! Where you going? Time is money!"

"Oh, uh... go to this address, please."

The self-proclaimed detective showed the driver his phone, which opened to a map app. The driver took a long look at the address pointed in the map, before nodding at Robert a few times.

"I know this street ah, which building?"

"You know, that coffee shop-"

"Ohh, Starbucks, yes?"

"...Yeah. That one, please."

The driver gave him a thumbs up before hitting the pedal, sending him hurling back without any warning. In the end, the poor fedora still end up falling off his head...

He closed his laptop and got up as he had finished writing his newest article on supernaturals. Theo was a journalist who wrote about the supernatural. he wanted everyone to know that they existed. "Who's next on the list." He said to himself. He took out his notepad and looked through the failed attempts on getting a lead for a new story.

He pinpointed the next appointment. London Wafers. An old women who used to work at a hospital. they were meeting at a coffee shop not too far from where he was. Supposedly it had the best coffee in the city. He picked up his things, put it in his shoulder bag and walked to the subway station.

When he got there he found the little old lady sitting in the conner of the shop. He walked over there and introduced himself. "Hi, londen right." She shook her head quietly.

"Hi, I'm theodore. you can call me Theo."

"Hey Theo."

"So let's start off with the basics." Theo questioned her and she gave her response. She had said something about ghost and and dead people getting up, but she sounded like a nut case. Still he wrote down what she had said and let her leave. With that another failed and disappointing quest.

Theo felt parched and and decided to go to the counter to get a drink. He had adhd so coffee would calm his nerves a bit. He ordered his coffee black and went to go sit down when he heard a man and a young lady talking about something he knew had to be supernatural. Intrigued he sat nearby, took out his phone and began typing down the conversation.

Last edited:
The client was beautiful. Very beautiful. Usually, Robert would be showing his A-game for that. Maybe a confident smile. Tip his fedora a bit and gave a manly look. Chicks dig that, right?

Unfortunately, the little ring on her finger had blocked him even before he could do anything...

"Right, so we're talking about your sister-in-law...?" Robert asked one more time, his spirit extinguished in an instant. Of course. He thought that he had found the goddess that he had been looking for in his entire twenty-nine years of bachelor life, but of course, of course she had to be a married woman.

Such is life.

"Yes, Mr. Rowe. It's Sarah, my poor sister-in-law. Please, I don't know where else to go..."

Her story might sound unbelievable if Robert was a normal detective.

Sarah was her husband's younger sister, who was living together with the couple while she was attending a nearby college. She was a sweet, obedient child which the couple greatly cared for. Life had been great until something weird happened to her.

Everything started after Sarah had returned from her camping trip with her friends. That was three months ago. Sarah had apparently went missing that night. Her friends spent a few hours searching for her in the dark of the night until they found her slumped on the forest floor. There was no visible sign of injuries, so they only thought that she had lost her way when she tried to return to the camp. However, Sarah had seemed to change after that incident.

"She would stare blankly at the wall for a long time until either me or my husband called her out," the client said while sobbing. "She also like to go out at night, even though she never did that before. And then, when it's full moon..."

"Full moon?" Robert raised his eyebrow. "What's with the full moon, madam?"

"It's just..." She gulped before continuing. "There was a night after the camping incident when Sarah would suddenly act aggressive toward us. She had tried to attack my husband out of nowhere, until he managed to subdue her. The poor child passed out soon after, perhaps out of exhaustion. But then, it happened again roughly in a month's time. It took a while until Jack and I realized that she started to become aggressive whenever it's the full moon."

"Sooooo, you're saying that... the young lady has a mental illness?" Robert remarked while tapping his pencil on the table. "I'm sorry, madam, but I'm a detective, not a shrink. I don't think I can do much to help..."

"No!" the client grabbed his hand in a hurry. "We've tried to bring her to a psychiatrist. Sarah is receptive to the effort, but neither counseling or even prescriptions had managed to help her! My husband and I are at our wit's end, and so... a friend of ours had mentioned about you..."

In the end, Robert could only gave his assurance that he would do his best for this case. The client bowed profusely to him several time to the point that he felt awkward before she finally left. Once he was alone, he heaved a long sigh.

"...Full moon, huh... well, that's quite suspect," he muttered under his breath.

Theo grinned because he had just found his new lead. he got up and crossed the room in two big strides and meet eyes with the man sitting there. "Hey I was sitting over there and I couldn't help but hear that you were talking about the full moon." theo plopped down on the sit that the women was sitting in.

"Hey I'm Theodore, but you can call me Theo." The man looked incredulous as Theo asked his name.

"Robert Rowe." He looked like that mocho I can get any girl I want type. theo took out his notepad

"So this girl do you know her."

"No." he said steely voiced

"So how do you know her?"

"I'm a detective. The best around." He said confidently like he knew he was right.

"great, so you can help me out." He looked at me confused "I am a journalist, and I need you to get me close to that sister-in-law because she is my new lead."

Robert kept on tapping his pencil on the table while keeping his gaze at this newcomer. He had replied to him offhandedly just to mess around, but that last line of question had piqued his interest. He didn't mind getting overheard. It wasn't as if the content of his usual cases would be able to be taken seriously anyway. However, it was the first time that a journalist had confronted him in the open like this.

Such courage. Either the kid was new, or he was desperate for content. Both weren't really his cup of tea.

"Let's see here, kiddo," Robert tipped his fedora a bit further down, letting its shadow cast further down his face for that added oomph. "I'm a detective, and like I said, the best around. And the best around like Rob Rowe here isn't the type to spill out the details of my client, let alone playing telephone game for a dirty paparazzi."

He stopped tapping his pencil. Instead, he lifted it up and pointed the blunt end at Theo. It took him another second before he realized that he had messed up, so he quickly turned it around like he had first intended to.

"So here's the deal. I'll give you one chance. Tell me one reason why I should help you with digging up dirt about my client's family. If I don't like the answer, I'll stick this pencil up your notebook- err, I mean your ass, your ass!"

Theo fell silent, he didn't know what to say. This Rob guy has no reason to tell him anything, but not having a lead in a long time can drive a journalist crazy.

"I need this lead." Theo looked up from the table where he was staring at while raking his brain for the right answer. he took a sip of his coffee and looked Rob Rowe in his eyes "And your the first real lead I had in awhile." his words came out in a scramble as he begged. "please please please please...." His hands were locked together

Robert's hand trembled when he heard this weird kid begging at him. A strange sense of accomplishment seemed to be blooming in him. He quickly shook his head to clear it away.

"No. I'm a devoted detective. My client's privacy is a sign of trust. My reputation is at risk here!"

He scoffed at him while twirling the pencil on his hand. Which spun only once before losing its balance and tumbled down the table, and then to the ground.

"Besides, it's not like you're paying me anyway, unlike my client..." Robert mumbled while reaching out to the pencil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back