• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Expedition

Archie

Not even my final form
Supporter
A random idea I cooked up on my car ride that I thought you all might like

For hundreds of years before the last century, the world was ruled by the Draseni, or desert elves, who systematically invaded, occupied, and enslaved all the other race,s wiping out their history, culture, and traditions except that which existed in the undersea library, guarded jealously by the thalics, a reclusive race of energy spirits. The Drasenes built an order on collaboration, propaganda, religion, and ignorance. You collaborated, or your people were brutally and viciously enslaved.

A hundred years ago, the human Vance Artanis raised an army of liberation to free the world of the declining, corrupt, and morally bankrupt rule of the Drasenes. He was only able to succeed, however, with the help of internal plots in the Draseni court weakening his opponent, and from the help of demons.

Fast forward just thirty years, and the death of Vance Artanis destroyed any semblance of unity in the realm. the ambitions of demons, their possessions, and the petty squabbles of the imperial family caused the realm to descend int civil war, feudalism, and economic collapse. they had nothing to unify them after each race's traditions were brutally wiped out by the old Draseni occupation, and that race used demonic possession as a pretext to re-emerge, this time as crusaders from the desert putting down the curse mankind had forced onto the other races.

In the west, in present day, one Dukedom, Ronis, has re-established some of the old magical industries and prosperity through decades of work. As its old duke, hailing from the Artanid line, dies a mysterious and early death, the regent ordains that his young son take the throne of Artania by force, assisted by a host of heroes called on a quest to persuade the other rulers to unify, one way or another, and purge humanity of Draseni invasion, and the rule of the demons.

Any takers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back