• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Expedition North (1912)

idalie

ᴀʟʟ ᴏꜰ ʙᴀʙʏʟᴏɴ
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The Expedition North (1912)

saint anna 1.pngAdventure has always been a necessity of man, our thirst for discovery is unparalleled by any other creature on God’s green Earth. There are those born with a burning question, some who travel for the sake of it, those who loyally follow employment where it can be found. Each an explorer in their own right, each will weep at the sunrise over the arctic tundra. We may not see home again, our sweethearts will be left as cold as our bodies buried in ice, but we are the frontier of discovery.

In 1904, the Brasilov expedition was lost trying to map a route from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific via a northeast passage known as the Northern Sea Route. This failed and the Brasilov expedition was never heard from again, to this day his ship the Zarya remains missing, trapped or sunk in the cold waters.

Some say although the money put into the mission was enough, the confusion and disaster of the Russo-Japanese war were to blame for the poor planning. With a top of the class arctic ship, costing the crown thousands, the reward for discovering the Zarya has been raised to one million rubles. Besides this, the mapping for the area was never successfully completed.

A sea captain by the name of Konstantin Volkov has been funded by Duke Albanov to map the Northeast Passage, taking a team of sailors, explorers and scientists in tow on a fifteen-man crew. If they do find the Zarya en route, the reward remains open and Albanov remains in hope that it draws the attention of skilled seekers from across the globe.

It will be difficult, months at sea having to survive the perilous journey through ice and snow. The boat may not be the prettiest, but she’s sturdy. The Svyataya Anna, a beacon of hope for the lost sailors who vanished eight years prior. Perhaps their mystery shall be put to rest, or will the unfortunate crew of the Svyataya Anna accompany them? Frozen in time, lost to the harshest elements humankind have known.

The RP is based in Russia circa 1912 where global participants are welcome. Nevertheless, attitudes and outdated beliefs will be in full effect. Women of higher status would find it an affront to bunk with men and need to oft prove themselves above and beyond their gender to prove their place on the crew. This is the same for any nationality under colonial rule which faced racial scrutiny.

Any places not filled will be filled with NPCs and controlled by myself, we’ll start with around 4-5 characters initially.

Rules of RpN apply, I would prefer semi-literate at most with around 2-3 paragraphs of five lines each. One-liners will immediately be banned.
Concerning combat or survival, it will be partially realistic and Mary Sues will be shot without trial (;
This RP focuses on the platonic bonds of a crew during a perilous journey, as much as romance is encouraged, it should not be a priority and conducted tastefully.

!!POSITIONS!!
Captain Konstantin Volkov - (Me)
Firstmate - (Me/NPC)
Medical Doctor - Viper Actual Viper Actual
Cartographer - neighborly neighborly
Navigator/Astronomer - GumGumChomp GumGumChomp
Geologist - ZacksQuest ZacksQuest
Zoologist - BELIAL. BELIAL.
Magnetologist -
Hydrologist/Hydrochemist -
Engineer - nevermind. nevermind.
Cook - dmgink dmgink
Sailor - RayPurchase RayPurchase
Sailor - Darth Darth
Sailor -
Sailor -​

Last edited:
I’m all for making western spy, Ivan Ivanov (real name John Smith) taking the role of the navigator/astronomer who totally just isn’t schizophrenic

Last edited:
I’m all for making western spy, Ivan Ivanov (real name John Smith) taking the role of the navigator/astronomer
I mean, we don't really have western spies at this point, its kinda open. But the schizo navigator is welcome x

Ten more spaces and I'm doing a BUMP, as an impatient fuck ((:<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back