• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Executioner's Blade [feMC needed]

OverconfidentMagi

Laugh Like You've Won Always
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The story is pretty simple. The setting is a medieval-fantasy world with multiple kingdoms bordering each other, magic exists but is only used by certain groups. A female assassin is sent to kill a king, but the royal mage captures her. She's sent to the executioners' guild to be tortured for information then executed.

The executioners' guild has a tradition of allowing those marked for death to make one last request, and any member of the guild has the option of granting their wish before their execution. The assassin requests she be allowed to see the ocean one last time, knowing that the sea is far from this kingdom. The request is dismissed, but one executioner, to everyone's shock, agrees to bring her to the sea and then execute her.

A long journey following that executioner's journey to the sea with his deathmarked prisoner ensues.

I will say right now that since the assassin is a prisoner for much of the early story, your actions will be limited. Later on they open up much more (the second part of the story is called 'The Assassin's Blade'), but for a long while you can't exactly go anywhere or do anything on your own. This story focuses on the relationship between the two main characters, but that doesn't necessarily mean romance is guaranteed to happen.

There's a bit more to it, politics and magic and other things come into play, but for now I'm just looking to see if anyone's interested in the basic idea of two similarly dark yet opposed characters travelling together.

I'm interested. What are you looking in terms of a partner's writing skill?
I generally write longer posts, multiple paragraphs with quite a bit of description when I can. Shorter posts are fine when there isn't much to work with though, so long as they describe everything they need to. 1-liners and similarly short posts will annoy me to no end though, so at least try to flesh things out into minimum of one good paragraph. Some grammar and spelling mistakes are fine, but if it's a frequent thing it will start to become annoying.

tl;dr Looking for a good writer capable of using spellcheck.

Definitely interested now. I can throw at two paragraphs at the bare minimum, though I'll find myself doing 3+. I'm a sucker for plot movement and internal character development, so I'll end up filling up space with that.

Definitely interested now. I can throw at two paragraphs at the bare minimum, though I'll find myself doing 3+. I'm a sucker for plot movement and internal character development, so I'll end up filling up space with that.

Wonderful. I'll get to work on a larger post covering the world, kingdoms, some politics, how magic works, my character, and the established bits of the assassin character. I'll probably write it once then find more and more things I've forgotten to include, but once it's up I'll tag you.

In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions you have here. Many will probably be answered in the infodump, but I don't mind a bit of redundant redundancy. And it could help you with forming the character you'll be playing.

Phil Phil I appreciate you showing interest in my story idea. If Milus changes their mind I'll be sure to send you a message to see if you're still interested.

Do you already know what the established pieces of my character are going to be? Beyond being a female assassin, of course.

Do you already know what the established pieces of my character are going to be? Beyond being a female assassin, of course.
Aside from being sent by the assassin's guild based in the bordering kingdom and being able to use assassination magic (feel free to come up with ideas about that, it'll be sealed 99% of the time anyway), not much. She is willing to kill a well-liked king during a time of peace just because it's her job, and she doesn't wish to die since she asked such a desperate request in the hope it would give her time to escape.

Assassination magic? My excitement is barely contained at this point. Why is this well-liked king a target for this neighboring kingdom?

Assassination magic? My excitement is barely contained at this point. Why is this well-liked king a target for this neighboring kingdom?
The assassin doesn't know the why, or even who came to the guild with the job. Whoever it was had to have paid a lot of money though, with the target being a king and whatnot. Generally the assassin's guild avoids taking jobs that could endanger their autonomy from the political world. Who wanted the king dead and why is a vital question within the story.

So, I take it the travel will end up being interrupted? Put some action into the story? This should be my last question until the writeup.

So, I take it the travel will end up being interrupted? Put some action into the story? This should be my last question until the writeup.
That's a fair assumption. That and they'll be taking a longer route to avoid cities. One can't be too careful when taking their murderous prisoner for a walk.

So I found the old post from the last time I tried running this story, and it's just a wee bit more detailed than what I posted here. If you want to give it a skim I've reposted it below.

The working title for this story is The Deathmarked Chronicles. Part one is The Executioner's Blade.

I suppose I'll go about it backwards and start off by telling a bit about the setting and planned story beginning and finish with what I'm looking for.

So let's start of by me saying, that yes this is a pretty standard old fantasy knights and castles setting, and yes there is magic.

This story begins in the city of Ensis'Lucas, the capitol city of the Kingdom of Lucia. Peace treaties with the surrounding kingdoms are holding firm and the one-year anniversary of the last time the Holy Knights were used to repel a major attack was only a few weeks ago. It's peacetime, the kingdom should be able to relax.

But that's all thrown into question when an assassin is captured in the act of attempting to murder the king. The Royal Magus stops the assassination attempt before the king is harmed and captures the assassin. But what he learns from her only brings the kingdom's peace further into question. Not merely someone taken from the street and armed with a dagger or vial of poison, the assassin was sent by the Assassin's Guild. Someone wants the king's head, and they're willing to pay a steep price for it.

But enough of politics and killings, that isn't where our story lies. You see, there is only one fate that awaits someone who attempts to kill the king. She is handed over to the Executioner's Guild to be tortured until she divulges any information she might know and then put to death for her crime.

There is an odd tradition the Executioners keep, that in the room where they are to be put to death before the gathered executioners, they are allowed to make one request. The request can be anything at all, but it is up to the executioners present to grant the request or ignore it. If one of the executioners takes on the request the execution date is postponed until the request is done, and the execution will take place then by the one who took the request.

The assassin makes such a request, one she hopes will give her an opportunity to escape and survive. To see the far sea before she dies. The chamber is quiet of course, the executioners do not laugh. Her request is denied. She is to be put to death immediately. But then one of the men in his black cloak steps forward. It is the man who tortured her for information. He accepts her request. This does surprise some of the other executioners, after all it's been quite some time since one last took up a dead's quest that went beyond delivering a message or gathering a special last meal.

The story follows the assassin and the executioner as he travels to deliver her to her death on the shore of the far sea.

I'm looking for someone to take the role of the female assassin in this story. Wherever twists and turns this journey may take, it will not be a short story to tell, so I'm looking for someone who'll stick around for quite a while. While it is a male and female character, the point of the RP isn't to make everything into a romance. Will it happen at some point? Maybe, I don't know, but the focus should always be the simple character dynamic between the pair.

It won't matter much in the main story, but yes, the assassin character does use magic. being from the Assassin's Guild it will be primarily black magic same as the Executioner's Guild. I say it wont matter because since she's become a ward of the executioners she'll have had her magic sealed. It'd be far to bothersome to guard someone who can kill with a word and vanish with another.

Oh, and if you're willing and wanting to take on more characters, the option to cover more of the larger world events that take place in the background of the pair's story is there. For example what happens with the Royal Magus after he learns that someone's sending assassins after the king, the possible war brewing between Lucia and surrounding kingdoms, the deployment of the kingdom's Holy Knights, the gathering of the other Magi, the shadowy movements of the black guilds (Assassin and Executioner), and a whole long list of things taking place in the world as the main pair travel unknowing across the map.

Edit 1 : Removed references to the Torturers Guild. I forgot in the most recent version of the setting I combined the Torturer's Guild into the Executioner's Guild. No need for two groups to deal with the dirty work.

The plot is pretty thick, and I like love it. Do you still plan on making a bigger writeup, or are you prepared to give me a CS?

I'll be making the larger post still. I'm out at a cookout for now, so I'm not able to post it for a few hours probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back