• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Enforcers

Uncultured

Dreamer/Cynic
Here is a brief explanation, a more detailed one is in the spoiler if this strikes your interest.

This is a dystopian future where a power struggle is taking place in a massive hive city by the name of New Cincinnati. A group of police officers are being brought together on a special assignment to bring in, or bring down a crime boss who has ambitions to rule the city, one whose ambitions will come to fruition if he isn't stopped. The city itself is a crime ridden and corrupt place where the criminals outnumber the police ten to one and those in the government who aren't on the off the books payroll fight a losing battle against the tide of corruption, crime and addiction. Societal unrest is a huge factor in this city, terrorist attacks are becoming more frequent every year and revolutionary groups gain members as the poor in the city languish in squalor while the rich live within a bio dome in huge homes sipping martinis and going to clubs, all on the backs of the poor who they look down on. The technology in the RP will be quite advanced (think blade runner) and the journey to the final showdown will be full of twists, violence, interrogations and dubiously legal police action, so whats not to love. If interested, take a couple minutes and read the spoiler.

Once I establish the RP (After I get 6-7 people) I will provide a lot more information on the city itself such as info on the districts, technology, the government, the crime families and the recreational drugs that are sold by the families.

It's 2485, the earth is war torn and vast stretches of land are forever ruined by the fallout that has followed the nuclear wars of the three hundreds. Although the earth lies in ruin, humanity in it's stubborn nature has refused to die. While some live outside of the walls of the great hive cities, most people do not, instead they survive within massive cities stretching hundreds upon hundreds of miles in each direction.

As things change, they seem to stay the same, and as it has always been with humanity, some people live better than others. While some cities are affluent and beautiful testaments to architecture and city planning, others are dark, filthy and crime ridden and some are a mixture of both.

The city of New Cincinnati is the latter. The city, like it's peers, is a massive hive city, stretching out further than the eye can see. The city is separated into nine districts, each one more affluent than the last, and within the city, right under the surface is a power struggle between the establishment, the revolutionaries and the largest crime syndicate in the known world, known simply as The Family, or La Familia.

The Family is the most violent and ruthless of all criminal entities and it is ruled by an enigmas and mysterious man named Don Martin Lestreng, Lestreng's nickname in the streets is indicative of his ruthless nature, those who live in his districts call him the Devil's Son. Within the first of the four districts, where poverty is the nature of the people, is he rules with an iron fist, peddling his drugs to the growing population of addicts, and striking down any opposition to his rule of the streets. With his great power is an ambition and a vision, to rule the city of New Cincinnati.

Some oppose him however. The Enforcers are the finest law enforcement agency in the world. Equipped with the most modern weapons and crime fighting tactics on earth. The Enforcer doctrine at the moment is as simple as their fear striking name, find and detain Don Martin, or, if necessary, put a bullet in his head.

As all this takes place, political strife is a constant. Revolutionaries plot schemes on how to drop the corrupt government and extremist terrorists strike fear in the hearts of the populace with every month as bombs go off with increasing frequency.

The government is corrupt and at least half of those with power are one or more payrolls not included in their employment contracts, some are bought and paid for by the rich and the corporations that run the city, while others work for Don Martin and his fellow crime bosses, and some of the more daring and money hungry are on the take from multiple and sometimes conflicting sources.

The RP characters will be police or police informants, you don't have to be an Enforcer if you don't want to be one. The Enforcers are the SWAT of this city, there are still homicide cops, narcotics police and undercover cops, in one way or another you can get involved if you're any one of the four aforementioned due to the way I'm going to run this.

There will be a group of cops that get put together on a special assignment, the goal is to bring down this kingpin and to do so, interrogations will be done, heads will be cracked, wires will be tapped etc. So like or leave a comment if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
So a sort of cyberpunk future?

In any case, I have read it all and I find this highly interesting. Ya' can count me in. ^^

> File completion: 100%

> Preparing program initiative: 100%

> Powering up program word drives:
200%

>
PREPARED FOR ACTION <

The story is interesting...

That's mean that there might be double agent within the police force, right?

There could be, corruption is a huge problem so it's definitely not unrealistic, although I was going to go for the feel of the Untouchables (the movie), where this is a group of oddball cops who are so weird, uptight, crazy or idealistic that they'd turn down a billion credits if it meant becoming corrupt

@Sigismund - I just looked up the definition of Cyberpunk and it sounds spot on

Just to show you the feel of the world, this is a picture of a part of the lower district on the edge of the city

elysium-the-squalors-of-earth-1024x563.jpg

And in the main part of the city in a middle district (Districts 4-6), it's more like this

cyberpunk_by_dges-d5olb0t.jpg

And the highest district, district one is the polar opposite of D-9, they live in an artificial environment that simulates what it's like to live in a lakefront city, they have little rustic shops and cafes with their own downtown area that has the most expensive stores in the city. It essentially simulates life as if these were people living in suburbs outside a major city. The people who live here are the owners of businesses and banks, the CEOs, the famous singers and actors, rich career politicians etc.

china-biodome.jpg

As it stands right now, the system of money is credits, it's a fiat (backed by word alone) currency that is liable to inflate but right now, the living costs of each district are as follows.

(Btw, five credits = one of our RL dollars, I'll do this in dollars to make it easier cause conversions are annoying to me)

D-1 - $400,000 p/y (2M in credits) to live comfortably, to own a home, eat, pay the bills, but you have to cut corners, $500,000 p/y (2.5M in credits) is a comfortable living wage here. Most people here are obsessed with status, so many people actually fall to bankruptcy even with their impressive salaries. Within D-1 is another game of status, the closer you are to the bubble wall, the poorer you are perceived, so the houses close to the center (where the lake is) are only buy-able and maintainable by the most wealthy people in D-1 who pull in upwards of 10,000,000 p/y in dollars (50m p/y in credits). The people here are successful actors and actresses, singers and music producers, business owners, professional athletes, politicians, lotto winners, CEOs etc.

D-2 - $300,000 - $400,000 (1.5M - 2M in credits) makes for comfortable living here, most people here are obsessed with making more money to break into D-1 and are usually quite open to corruption and questionable business tactics to make more credits. There are a lot of owners here, most people here own businesses or are partners in a business in one way or another. Also, a lot of athletes reside in D-2.

D-3 - $150,000 - $300,000 ($750,000 - 1.5m in credits) is the average range for D-3 residents. There are a lot of career people here, career doctors, career lawyers etc, but not a lot of owners. Most of these people, while well payed, are being paid by someone else. Within D-3 there are a lot of people who moved up from lower districts who are just happy to be there, so it lacks the backstabbing and illegal tendencies of the second district.

D-4 - $75,000 - $150,000 (375,000 - 750,000 in credits) is the range for D-4, this is where most enforcers live and this is also where you will find most technical career people. The engineers, scientists, long term teachers, people who own small businesses etc, live here. It's a solid district but it's middle class and has it's good sides and bad sides.

D-5 - $50,000 - $75,000 (250,000 - 375,000 in credits) this is where a lot of young people, who are just starting their careers live. This is also where most of the lower level career people live. Most school teachers live here, as well as plumbers, electricians, personal trainers etc. It has its nice parts, but it's old and slowly dying, although the amount of young people with money has created a massive club, bar and entertainment scene and drugs have become quite a problem.

D-6 - $30,000 - $50,000 (150,000 - 250,000 in credits) this is the beginning of the poorer districts, the toll workers, post office people, street sweepers and auto mechanics. It's not pretty but it;s livable. The Family has an active presence here and contends with the government over control of the city. All businesses here are forced to pay tax to The Family and the government is nigh powerless to stop it.

D-7 - $15,000 - $30,000 (75,000 - 150,000 in credits) this is where the minimum wage people live. The cashiers, the fast food workers, the janitors and most factory line workers live here. It's a rough place but it's a hell of a lot better than the lower districts. The government here is laughed at by people and criminal entity alike, the real power is held by Don Martin and The Family. If you've been wronged in D-7, you don't go to a police station, you go to Don Martin.

D-8/D-9 - Your probably unemployed or a drug dealer if you live here, but some people here have part time jobs or off the book jobs that pull in under $15,000 (75,000 credits). Many people in these two districts are drug addicts or drug dealers but no matter who you are, if you're in these districts you're poverty stricken. The only people who aren't broke in these districts are the people who work in shops who commute through the tubeway to the lower two districts. Every crime imaginable is common here, orphans desperate for money loot through markets and every day bodies show up from bad drug debts or turf wars. The government has no power here and only a slight presence.

The tubeway is a subway system that operates like this, there is a cylinder car that holds the people and it shoots through a tube at extremely high speeds. It is powered by compressed gasses and can move hundreds of miles per hour. It is slowed via ten brake pads that are extended towards the circular walls at equal points around the tube. People are strapped in as the cylindrical tube cars are known to spin and twist while in transit and without being strapped in you could easily break your neck.

Last edited by a moderator:
HunterJJ said:
@Sigismund - I just looked up the definition of Cyberpunk and it sounds spot on
Hehe, I thought so myself when I was reading the story.

Also.. I think you switched those.. Is district nine where all the rich are living at or is it district 1?

ANYWAY! I still think that it looks awesome.

( :) )

Yes! For a minute there I was worried I wouldn't get people, thankyou all (:'()

I will have it set up over the course of the next two days.

Bump

I'll have it up tonight, I'm with fam so I'm going to be doing stuff until ten or so and then I'm gonna put up the RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back