• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The End

"Alright, alright." Levi says quietly as he climbs into the back of the truck and slams the door, he gets two protein bars out of his pocket and eats them as he waits for everyone else. He doesn't drink the water, though, considering he didn't want to waste something that precious. Levi unscrews the top of the bottle, taking a drink of it. He hadn't ever actually drank alcohol before, he was always too concerned about his studying, his career, his future. So much pressure was put on him to be the perfect genius son. He sighs and leans his head against the window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I strap the gas canisters down tightly, and go inside the gas station grabbing anything else I can fit in the truck. A few bottles of aspirin, some bandages, a few bottles of rubbing alcohol, and some...feminine products. That's when I started to worry. Could these things smell blood? Would I put these two guys in danger simply because once a month my body decides to bleed? I shook my head. I'd worry about that when the time came. I grabbed some canned foods and a few more bottles of water, then walked to throw them in the truck at Levi's feet. "Sorry it's a single cab truck. We're gonna have to get all close and friendly for a while." I giggled. "And it's an old stick, so it's gonna be a bit jerky at some point." I warned, holding the driver'd side door open so Zack could crawl into the middle.

I smile, climbing in and pushing Zack over just enough so I don't have to reach between his legs to change gears. "North," I say, as I turn the key with my foot on the clutch and rev the engine. I put it into gear, causing the car to jerk slightly forward and then *vrrrOOOM* We were off. The truck was faster then it looked, and purred beautifully. "I'm thinkin, we move north and see if we find anyone. Any survivors, any structure, and...family," I stare blankly at the long straight road, walls of forest on either side.

'If I wouldn't have left all those years ago, I'd be able to help protect my younger siblings, help ma, and papa. I'm sure they're ok...are they? What if...no.....no don't think about that. They'd go North, I'm sure of it...' My mind races, but I try took keep paying attention to the road. We pass a yellow sign signaling a curve in the road, and I slow down slightly, shifting down. The tall trees make it to where we can barely see 5 feet in front of the car on the turn. I shift down again, slowing even more to just 20 mph. Out of nowhere, I see a figure in the street, and I slam on the breaks, causing the car to stall. I look up to see what I had stopped for.

The thing in front of us was undead.

The thing in front of us was my mother.

"M-ma...."I whispered.

Zack was close enough to Falsity to hear what she said. He patted her back. "You're going to...uh...let it go..." He looked away, not sure if that was the right thing to say.

Levi looks at the figure in the road and then back at Falisity, having heard what she had said, and he bites his lip, thinking of a way to comfort her, when he hears what Zack said. He shuts his eyes and turns to look at Zack. "I swear to God, Queen Elsa, if you think that telling everyone to 'let it go' is going to make it better, you will be walking north." He says harshly and looks back at Falisity, he looks back at the thing in the road. "You don't want to remember her like that, you don't want to remember her as undead." He says slowly, fingering his gun in his pocket. He wouldn't do it, he wouldn't get out of the car and shoot Falisitys mother right in front of her, but... He would if she didn't.

I fought back tears as I stared blankly at her...it. I reached slowly for my hunting knife in my leg sheath, and opened the door. The figure slowly made it's way to me, dragging a broken and shredded foot behind her. I continued to stare blankly at it, my head tilted slightly to the right, and my knife gripped tightly in my hand.

"Ma....MA!" I finally cried out. The creature let out a low, sorrowful moan. I let go as tears flooded from my eyes. My knee's shook and I backed away slowly, shaking my head as if to shake away an imagination. "Where's Papa? Where are the kids? Ma!?" I sobbed. The figure tilted it's head and picked up it's speed, hunger filling it's eyes. I slipped and fell on my back, dropping my knife under the car. I screamed.

Zack quickly slipped through the car door. He took our his axe, and shouted so that Falsity's 'Mother' would come for him instead. 'It' fell for the bait and when it was close enough, Zack hit the axe into his head. He did not want to do it but he had to make sure it was dead. He hit it a few more times. After the zombies' gurgles had vanished, it was quiet...apart from Falsity's crying. He walked over to her and hugged her saying, "It's okay...You're safe now..."

I pushed him away, grabbing my knife from under the truck. "Get away," I ordered him. I put the knife back, wiping my eye's and face off. Standing, I saw the remains of what used to be my mother. 'Why where they so far south....did they..?' I fell to my knee's sobbing. They had come down south, just to get me.

I held my face in my hands, my body shaking as I sobbed. 'Was my whole family this way?' I struggled to keep the image of my Papa and young brothers' faces out of my head. I had never felt so alone in the world. My family was dead, and all because they wanted to make sure I too made it to safety.

Levi had watched the entire thing happen, but he hadn't done nothing, having quickly scrambled from the car and readied his axe just in case Zack needed any more help, which he quite clearly didn't. Levi watched him kill the thing, what used to be someone's loved one, and he felt sick as he realised that this woman used to have a family, used to have a place in the heart of Falisity, and they just killed it. All of those that he and Rosetta had killed had had families too. He walks over to Falisity and stops in front of her, not attempting to touch her. He nods his head at Zack as a compliment for his kill, his eyes on him, lingering for a moment, before he looks back at Falisity. "She wouldn't want you to be sad. She would want you to live." He says to her, quickly. He didn't want to say the wrong thing, but he wasn't sure what he had said was right, so he bit his lip. He reaches a hand out slowly and brushes away hair that had got in the way of her hands and covered her face, before putting his arms back to his sides. "You shouldn't remember her like that."

I look up at Levi, eyes red and puffy. I sniffled and nodded. "I know..." I couldn't stop my body from shaking, and I kept gasping for air like I was out of breath. I shook my head, standing up slowly. A part of me wanted to just give up now. It kept whispering things like 'Just give up now. There's no point anymore. You're all alone. Just take the pills.' I looked up, putting my hands behind my head and sighing . "Well...We should get going. It looks like it's going to rain." I sniffle again, walking to the drivers seat with my head down. I got in, not waiting for Zack. He could get in on the other side. I started the car again, revving it slightly.

Reaching towards the radio I searched for any sign of music, when somewhere in the crackling static, I heard a voice. "Guys come here, quick!"

'Hello. My name is Jolene Gregory with the Canadian government, and I'm here at what used to be the Canadian-American border. If there are any survivors, We ask that you get here as quick as possible before they seal the border for good. No date or time has been announced for the closing of the border, so we simply ask that you arrive here as soon as possible. Anyone with bites, scratches, or scrapes will not be aloud in until a 62 hour quarantine period is conducted.

The only opening is located at International Peace Garden in between North Dakota and Manitoba. This Message will play on a loop. Thank you for your time.*click* *click* Hello. My name is-'

It repeated over and over and a smile began to grow on my face. "We can go there!" I called.

Levi had climbed into the car just as the announcement reached his ears, and he listened with his mouth hung slightly open as the news registered in his ears, as he absent-mindedly pulls out his gun from his pocket and rests it on his lap so that he could sit much more comfortably. He looks from Falisity to the radio and he begins to smile, hope clear on his face as he realises something. "We could... We could be safe. We could live. There would be no more of those things." He begins to get excited, and he grins happily at Falisity. "We have to go there. We have to get there as soon as we can. How far is it?!" He begins to shout, this was the first good news he had heard for a long time.

I pulled a two year old map of the United States out of my glove compartment, and unfold it. "Well, where are we know?" I ask, tracing my finger around the map.

(where are we located?? xD )

(I have no idea because I'm not from America so I don't know the name of any places there other than the obvious places... D: This ones for you @Flipperdoo2003 ! Where are we? xD )

(Im not in America either! xD This is just random town!)

"Um, If I remember correctly, We're in Adrossan! Its not far from there!" Zack laughed, excitedly. Maybe we will all have a chance!...He thought. He jumped in after Levi and then the journey began.

nEO_IMG_political_north_america_map.jpg

(america sucks xD sorry didn't know ya'll weren't from here so ummmmm how about north east colorado...thats enough room for adventure but close enough that it's not like foreverrrrrrrrr) 
(thatll be like........3-4 days drive if we are goin real fast cause no cops xD ) 
(the place i said we gotta go to is in the middle of the border between Canada and north dakota)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back