• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The End

buildingaspaceship

Walker Bait
'That's the thing about zombies. They don't adapt and they don't think. Literally, you could have a zombie on one side of a chain link fence and you could be on the other side and they could be trying to get to you and six feet down could be an open door and they will not go through that door in the fence. That's why they're so scary.'

Levi was panting as he held onto his sisters wrist tightly, pulling her along behind him as they ran His gun was in his pocket, and Rosetta had his knife, he only had his axe in the hand that didn't hold her wrist like a life line. He ran around a sharp corner and he cursed under his breath as he saw more of those creatures coming at them from that direction. He knew they should never have fired that gun, but he had needed to to get that... That thing off Rosetta. She wouldn't be alive right now if he hadn't fired it, and so he refused to regret it.. But still, he wished the damn creatures wouldn't swarm every time they heard a noise. "We're going to die," Rosetta moaned as she ran with him. She was a pessimist, and in this world it was a damn annoying thing. Every time they heard a noise she would expect the worse, and they would have to stop what they were doing to check out what was usually nothing. But he couldn't blame her. The world had gone to shit, and everything had been changed. Levi pulled her arm sharply. "We can't afford to think like that! There has to be a way to go." He looks around him, quickly scanning the area for an exit. There was a ladder. They could go up? But then they would be trapped up there like sitting ducks. He jumped up and down slightly on the spot as the creatures advanced on them, and he suddenly yanked Rosettas arm as he ran the opposite way to the creatures that were following them.

Zack quickly boarded up all of his windows in the building that he took shelter with. He went to go get a hammer from his garage.

Paint...No...Golf ball...No...Ah! Hammer!

He took out the hammer and and looked for is axe. Straight away he found it....and straight after he heard a gurgle!

"AAH!" He swiped the axe right through the zombies head. The zombies head rolled onto the road.

Yuck!

In the corner of his eye, he saw a man and a girl.

They don't look infected!

He immediately started yelling and screaming.

"HEY! OVER HERE! QUICK!"

Once Zack saw that there was a few zombies following them, he quickly took out his gun and start firing them accurately. Soon, they were safe.

"Hey! Guys! Come! Over here!"

He started walking slowly over to them.

Levi looked over at the man yelling, he needed to stop making so much noise, if he didn't, he'd bring even more of those things down on them. His grip tightened on his sisters arm as he ran towards him quickly, all the while she was complaining that she didn't feel too good, that something was wrong with her, but he put it down to just her being her usual pessimistic self. His eyes scanned over the large building that the man was stood in front of, humans inside. Why would he willingly offer anyone into his home? He would have to share his food, and there would be more people to look out for. That couldn't be a good thing, surely? Levi ran up to the guy, his sister feeling colder in his arm, but she had gone quiet now, just whimpering. He looked back at her and sent her a stern look and she looked down at the ground. "Stop shouting," He says harshly, "You'll bring them to us."

"Yes...Of course! Sorry..." He looked at the floor, ashamed.

"But, please, This building is open to any survivors." He gestured to the building behind him.

"But first, Are any of you...bitten?" Zack asked, looking at the supposedly sick girl suspiciously.

He looked around and saw one last zombie coming towards us.

He quickly took out his axe and charged at it and stabbed it in his chest.

Levi shakes his head, he knew for a fact that he wasn't bitten, he never got close enough to one of those things to get bitten anyways. "No. No." He shakes his head again, then turns his head slightly to look at his sister, who had her mouth slightly open and her eyes down on the ground. "I..." She says, and she bites her lip as Levi realises that she had been close enough to get bitten by one of those things. He slowly removes his hand from her wrist, looking at the large bite on it that he had accidentally been covering. "Oh my god..." He shuts his eyes and clenches his fists. He was going to lose her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zack stepped back. "Um...I understand that this is a problem...But we really need to break the rules, just this once."

He said trying to be calm, pointing to the horde of zombies coming their way.

"Quick! Get in!" He said running to the side door of the house and opening it to get inside.

Falisity sat in the house, aiming her bow at the door as a tall young man ran in, calling to another outside. She pulled back her arrow, aiming just past them at a walker coming closer to the steps. Taking in a deep breath, she steadied her aim and let go of the arrow. It shot through the air, brushing past Zack and shooting the walker right next to Levi straight in the head. The walker stopped, a look of dread clouding it's eyes as it fell to the ground. Falisity's aim now shifted to Zack.

"Close the fucking door before you let them in, dumbass!!" She called to him, worried. She had been held up in this house almost a week, and now these idiots had ruined it. She took out another arrow and aimed it at the door, close enough that she could shoot either boy with a shift to the right or left. "Who are you and what do you want?!"

Levi looked up at the girl and then at the guy who he was with before running inside the house and not answering, he could answer her when he was inside, when there was no chance of creatures attacking them. He pulls his sister in with him, his heart racing, looking at his sister. He looks around the house surroundings, fancier than he had had at his home. He leans against the wall as he gets his breath back and he looks at his sister who looked on the verge of tears. What would he do without her pessimistic ass around? He closes his eyes tightly and he opens them again, pulling his sister into a hug, before pushing her back and examining the bite on her arm. "You're going to be okay. You will."

I see the bite on her wrist and instantly start to panic. "You need to get her the hell out of here, and fast." I switch my aim to the young girls scared face. A sharp pain goes through my chest as I have a flashback of what happened yesterday.

Rain falling on a tin roof of a shack. I hear the weeping of a young girl. Turn around the corner, see a small girl, dirty dress, and tangled hair with matted up bloody wads everywhere. I reach my hand out slowly, "Are you ok?" I ask. The girl abruptly stops crying, slowly turning her head. A gurgling sound rises from the back of her throat and I see the girls face. Missing her bottom jaw, blood splashed across her emotionless face. Her eyes glazed over in white. A large, festering bite covered her upper arm. I screamed.

I shook my head, shaking away the flashback. "I'm sorry. It's just that she is infected. She's gonna be one of those things in anywhere from 15 minutes to 24 hours, and I am not very excited at the thought of playing 'when will the cute little girl turn into a monster' game." I swallowed hard, hating the words that where coming out of my mouth. But hating even more, that it was all true.

Levi shakes his head frantically, "no, no you can't! She's my sister I don't... She's going to be fine, she is!" He insists to himself and his sister begins to cry into the palms of her hands, saying that she was going to die and that they should kill her now. He wraps his arms around his own chest and teared up slightly. His sister, even if they had never particularly got along, was still his sister. "There has to be something we can do. There has to be. And and... She doesn't have to die... She doesn't." He was in denial, and he moved forwards and grabbed his sisters arm, looking at her wrists, trying to think of something that he could possibly know to stop this from having to happen.

I stood up, putting my arrow back in the quiver. I walked over slowly, placing my hand gingerly on his shoulder. "I don't know how to tell you this, but it's true. I wouldn't tell you that if I wasn't 100% sure about it. I've watched close friends, their kids, their husbands and wives...all of them...there was a small group of us, but...lets just say it didn't last long when we found out nearly half of the group had been bitten, or scratched even. My neighbor, Matt, had a 4 year old daughter. She was four...and they barely scratched her on her leg. Didn't taker her very long at all to change..." I look at the young girl and frown. "I can help only by making it painless...I have some pills...they'll put you out fast." I look at the young man. "My name is Falisity, by the way."

"Levi. I'm... Levi." He introduces himself, "And this is my sister. Rosetta." He is still studying her arm while she cried, and he feels the hand on his shoulder. Slowly he looks up. "Maybe she won't change. Can't we... Can't we wait. Can't we kill her afterwards? If she changes?" He asks her, hope in his eyes. His sister shakes her head violently. "No! No I don't want to turn! Kill me now! Kill me now!" She sobs, and he moves away from her, shrugging Falisitys arm off her shoulder. He punches the wall. "No! No you can't die!" He looks at her and back at this Falisity girl, who was she to say that his sister was going to die. "You're all I have left..." He puts his hands on her shoulders, though Rosetta pushes him away. "If you don't kill me then I will kill myself!" She shouts and Levi stops himself from letting out a cry. He couldn't do this.

Seeing as the other fellow had still failed to close the door, I walked over to the door, slamming it closed and pushing a chair in front of it. I turned to the boy Levi and his sister. "Listen, either you two shut hell up or I kill you both now. This is neither the time or place to have a giant argument, so be quiet so I can think. It's better to let her pass now, you won't want to do wither or not she's trying to eat you, so i'll do it for you. Rosetta, sweetheart, come with me upstairs and we'll make all the pain and suffering go away," I smile, hating the situation so much. I look at Levi as I lead her upstairs. "Try and stop me, and I'll put an arrow through your skull."

L

"No. No no no no no!" Levi begins to panic and he watches as Rosetta is lead upstairs, he bites his lip and leans against the wall, sinking down it and putting his head in his hands before he begins to cry. She was his sister, the only family, his responsibility. He had always failed her.

R

Rosetta marched up the stairs quietly as she awaited her death. She had known she had been bitten but she had still ran with Levi, she had still hoped... But no, she knew that she had to die eventually, and at least it was now, and here, not some field. And at least she wasn't going to be like those things. "I.. I'm sorry we came here." She mumbles apologetically to Falisity, wiping away her tears. She had to be strong, for her brother. It was worse on him than it was for her.

I stopped, kneeling in front of the girls and wiping away her tears. "Don't worry, sweety. I'm sorry this had to happen to you. I wish in another life we could have met under different circumstances and maybe we could have been good friends." I smiled reassuringly. I took her hand lovingly and walked her to the upstairs bathroom and took a large pill bottle out of my backpack. Opening it, I took out 5 large white pills. I handed them to Rosetta and grabbed a can of beer out of my backpack, handing it to her. I smirked at the strange look she got when she saw the can. "I'm only sorry I don't have any hard liquor. Believe me, the alcohol will help not feel so shitty." I smiled, opening the can and sighed when it let out small *tsss*. I handed it to her, smiling reassuringly.

Rosetta looks at the can and then back at the girl, shaking her head and opening her mouth. "No. I don't want to die like this. Please... Just shoot me with an arrow. Right here." She says as she points to the centre of her forehead. "I don't want to take pills, I don't want to die slowly." Rosetta thinks of her brother downstairs, what would he have done if he was bit? She frowns, before putting the beer that she had been given down on the floor, refusing to drink it.

L

Levi sat still against the wall, his head still in his hands as he remembered all the times he had failed to be there for her, failed to protect her like a big brother should. She had to protect him, she was strong and he was a weak genius who could tell you exactly 1000 decimals into pi but could not stop her from getting bit when it really mattered.

I shook my head. "The pills are to put you to sleep. It's gonna hurt when it goes through your head for a good 6 seconds, but it'll hurt a lot. I don't want you awake when that happens. The beer is so you don't feel so bad before you pass out." I wondered how Levi was doing downstairs. Poor guy, seemed to not know a thing about the real world or surviving on his own.

R

Rosette thinks for a moment then shakes her head. "I want to go out in pain, not a cowardly death." She says, thinking of her own parents, she had killed them because they had turned, and she didn't want to end up like them, but she also didn't want to not feel anything when she died. "So you either shoot me without the pills, or honey I will shoot myself." She takes out the gun from her pocket, she had stolen it from Levi when they had ran into the house, because she was afraid and was a better shot than her cowardly brother. He would probably take the pills to numb the pain. She dangles the gun in front of her and slumps her shoulders. "And I think we'd rather not attract attention, would we?" She was stubborn, always had been, always would be, even until the day she died.

Falisity sighed, nodding. "Well,for my sake, will you at least turn around?" She smiled, reluctantly taking an arrow out of the quiver and placing it on the bow. She readied it at her side, leaving the arrow slightly limp yet firm in between her slender fingers. She took in a shaky breath, readying herself for what she had to do.

Rosetta nodded her head and turned so that her back was to Falisity, she closed her eyes and a tear escaped it, rolling down her cheek. She was going to die, because she had foolishly gone off on her own and her brother had to save her. And now, her brother was going to be the only one left. She was going to leave him in this world alone, but she couldn't... No. She had to. As she readied herself for the arrow she opened her mouth and spoke quickly. "Take care of my brother. You have to promise." And then she shut her mouth, biting her lip. She was ready to die. She had to be ready to die.

((Guys, If I'm not here please don't go on without me...))

Zack sat down next to the other guy. He had watched the whole thing and did nothing.

I should've done something...and where did this other girl get here...I was in this house a long time...

"Listen, We all have to go through hard times. My brother died before this whole thing started..." He looked down at the floor.

"Cancer it was...I guess it was easier and better than...this way of dying." Zack patted his back gently.

"You know, We should all stick together...Fight our way through this, I'm sure their trying to invent a cure.."

He shrugged. "I guess we just have to hope for the best..."

((That would make it very difficult to Rp because of time zones so I'm sorry you're just going to have to catch up))

Levi glared at the guy sat next to him and shrugged his hand off his back, wiping the tears out of his eyes. "Your brother didn't die because of your stupid mistake, my sister is up there, about to die, because of my stupid mistake!" He yells, before he bites his lip and looks away, at a painting on the wall. He hoped that his sister wasn't dying painfully, and he couldn't help but blame himself.

((Okay, Thanks anyway...)

Zack looked away. "Sorry, I'm just trying to show you that, sometimes we get through things." He looked back and smiles slightly.

"Would you like me to go?" He asked, looking him in the eye.

I bit my lip, then nodded. "I'll take care of him the best I can." Swallowing down the lump in my throat, I pull the arrow back, aiming for the weakest point in the back of her head. Taking in a deep breath, I steady the bow. "I promise," And with that a tear rolled down my face as I let the arrow loose. I fell to my knee's, hearing the harsh sound of breaking bone and her last breath escaping with a single soft grunt. A sob escaped my lips and i quickly muffled it with my hand. I had just killed someone. A human with feelings and emotions. A person who was probably scared, not nearly ready to die at this young age. I wondered if she had ever had her first kiss, gone to her first school dance, had her first boyfriend, first love, first heartbreak. "I'm so sorry," I cried quietly. I took in a deep breath, trying to keep from crying.

Wiping my face, I stood, walking towards the door. I walked down the stairs, holding back tears when I saw the look on Levi's face. Looking to the other boy, I commented "Did you know you snore in your sleep?" Grabbing the backpack on the floor where I had been standing, I went to the kitchen, packing any canned and dried food I could carry as well as some medicine. "We need to get out of here. They know we're in here, and there isn't a lot standing in between us and that horde." I looked to Levi. "The other guy doesn't have to come if he doesn't want to, but you have to come with me. I made a promise, and I never break promises."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back