• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The End

(K)

I poke the map in the far North East corner of Colorado, and smile. "That's only a few days drive, but we'll have to stop for gas at least once a day." I nod and laugh, wiping my eyes. I was still sad, but at the same time hopeful. Maybe we really could make it, and be safe. I motioned for Zack to get in, and I rummaged under my seat for a CD, grabbing one of my favorites. "I hope you two like the Gorillaz," I smile, sticking the CD in the slot and pressing the play button. As Zack got in, I put the truck into gear as the CD started.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DonHa4pySsM[/media]

(GORILLAZ. MY BABIES. THEY MAKE MY HEART HURT.)

Levi nodded his head and sung along to the first song that came on, yes he was raised to be a genius, yes this was the zombie apocalypse and Damon Albarn was probably dead, (Unfortunately if he was dead, then Levi presumed every artist he ever liked was also dead, RIP David Bowie, right?) but he could still jam along with Gorillaz as they drove to what he hoped would truly be safety. He grins at Falisity, for now forgetting his sister, his family, the undead. Only focusing on the one thing that mattered. Hope.

She smiled back at Levi, feeling a flutter in her stomach as she did so. She felt a glimmer of happiness in her, the first that she had felt since this whole thing had started. Her head gently swayed back and forth to the music and she turned the volume up a bit, feeling the bass thump in her heart. She joined along in singing to the music, tapping her fingers on the steering wheel to the beat. Looking at the full fuel gauge she smiled and sped up, changing the gear again. The truck sped down the road as the sun began to set. I flipped on the headlights and let the music sooth me while I tried to not think of my family. Maybe it was just my mother, I hoped.

Zack also was jammed to the beat. He also began singing, which was surprising good. When he was younger, he was in the school choir and always participated in the talent shows. There was a lots of deaths in his life, First it was his Mother, reason...Drug overdose, his brother, reason...Cancer and his father left him when he was 12. He really knew what his 'friends' have been through.

We had driven all night long. By 6 am, I needed to stop on the side of the road to pour one of the canisters into the gas tank. I had been putting it off for a while, but as the little dial inched past the half-way point, my palms began to sweat. I slowly stopped the truck, unbuckling my seat belt. "I'm going to quickly get out of the truck and fill her up a bit. I need you two to cover me, cause if something comes out of those woods, I'm might not be able to do anything about it in time..." Looking at the guys, I nodded, stepping out of the truck, leaving the door open. "Don't close the door so it's faster getting back in." I added. I jumped into the bed of the truck, unstrapping one of the canisters, and slowly made my way to pour in the gas. She unscrewed the little nozzle, and struggled to lift the heavy canister to pour it.

My arms began to shake and I looked to Levi, "Can you help me pour this? It's kinda heavy for just me."

Levi watches her exit the truck, and gets out himself, holding up his gun and looking around the area for any signs of trouble. As Falisity calls for him to help her, he lowers his gun and puts it in his pocket, before walking over to her and helping her hold it up. He was a lanky kid, and wouldn't have been able to do it himself either, but he was happy to help, even if he was tired.

((Sorry for short replies, extreme homework .-.))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zack decided to get out of the car to cover them. He took out his axe and looked around at the surroundings. He started humming and got distracted.

As the rest of the gas emptied into the truck, Falisity dropped it slowly to the floor, smiling at Levi. "Thanks for the help," I smiled, then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw something lumbering briskly towards Zach. I turned my head quickly, causing it to pop, and I cried out in pain. The walker, who had yet to see us before, turned it's neck even faster then I did, causing it to break it's own neck, yet it still continued to make it's way towards us. From the woods near it, came a good 10-15 more zombies. I stared in terror and the only thing that escaped my lips was "Run...." Before I threw the tank in the truck and jumped into the driver's seat and started up the truck. I sighed as the needle on the fuel gage inched to half way between half way and fuel.

"Get the hell in the truck, damnit!" I yelled as I slammed and locked my door in time to block a half decayed woman from wrapping her maggoty lips around my arm.

Zack stopped humming and looked in the direction Falsity was staring at. "Oh, No!" Zack half-whispered. He looked at Levi and then Falsity, who had begun to get in the truck. Luckily, Zack had his axe out and swiped it into the head of the woman at Falsity's door. Zack jumped in between Falsity and shouted, "Levi get the f*** in here now!"

The hoard of zombies moved closer to him, and he panicked, he could have used his gun to fight them off, but he didn't want to attract more. Levi didn't hesitate to jump in the truck next to Zack, unfortunately in the process he dropped his axe. As a hoard approached the door, he swore to himself quietly as he thought of the axe now laying on the ground. His eyes shut before he cursed yet again. "Sorry about this." He says quickly, before opening the door and pushing a hoard of zombies with it, he quickly darts out of the truck, stooping down and grabbing his axe. He quickly stands up again, with it in his hands, and his eyes dart around nervously as the zombies surround him. With no time to freeze or think about noise, the gun came out of his pocket, and with great aim Levi emptied the gun into several of the zombies heads, and quickly ran back into the truck, slamming the door behind him as he panted.

"What the heck are you doing!?" Zack shouted as Levi jumped out of the truck. "Its a bloody suicide mission, and I mean literally!" Zack looked over at Falsity, and gave a concerned look. He looked back into the rear mirror to see Levi, fortunately, running back to the truck. Zack swung open the door for him. "Woah!" Zack stared at him in disbelief.

Falisity took that as her cue to put the truck into gear and speed off. The truck jolted as it hit the zombies standing in front of it, acting as speed bumps under the truck's massive tires. The sped off down the road, the horde moaning and screaming behind them. Falisity stared blankly at the road then randomly burst out into laughter. She was laughing so hard, tears flooded her eyes.

"Holy hell, did you see that back there!? Oh my GOD That was amazing! We nearly died!" She laughed looking from the road to her companions and back to the road. She realized that it wasn't quiet normal to be laughing as hysterically as she was just then, and quickly straightened her face. Then, looking to the two she smiled and offered, "Either of you want to drive at all?" She asked, suddenly extremely tired.

"That wasn't amazing! I think my life flashed before my eyes!" Levi says, seriously, before cracking a grin. When Falisity offered anyone to drive, he looked at Zack, he didn't even look old enough to drive. Maybe Levi could teach him, when they were safe enough. But for now, Levi could do it. "I'll drive, I mean, you look extremely tired so..." He shrugs his shoulders and smiles, "you sleep, and I can get my mind off all the... Horrible shit that's happened."

Falisity slowed the truck to a crawl and then stopped on the side of the road, scooting over to sit in the middle of the two boys. She pulled out the CD that had long since stopped and pulled out a CD labeled 'Road trip 2014' and smiled. She put it in and Vance Joy's 'Riptide' started playing and she sighed, putting her head on Levi's shoulder as he sat in the driver's seat. As her eyes fluttered closed, she added "Crash my car, and I'll rip your heart out," She smiled, dozing off, the warmth of Levi's body comforting her along with the music.

Zack was glad that Levi offered to drive, because if he did, they would all die.

Zack smiled sheepishly at his thoughts. "Lets stop the car for now then?" He shrugged.

In the corner of his eye, Zack saw a small gas station. "In the parking lot there, maybe?" 

Narwhalia said:
Falisity slowed the truck to a crawl and then stopped on the side of the road, scooting over to sit in the middle of the two boys. She pulled out the CD that had long since stopped and pulled out a CD labeled 'Road trip 2014' and smiled. She put it in and Vance Joy's 'Riptide' started playing and she sighed, putting her head on Levi's shoulder as he sat in the driver's seat. As her eyes fluttered closed, she added "Crash my car, and I'll rip your heart out," She smiled, dozing off, the warmth of Levi's body comforting her along with the music.
Omg....At the same time... xD

Levi moved into the drivers seat, focusing on the road and bringing the car back into motion as he sets off in the direction that they had been going. When Falisity rests her head on his shoulder he smiles slightly, but keeps his eyes on the road. "I'm not going to crash your car, I promise." He says, and laughs slightly. After a moment his mouth resumed a straight line, and he couldn't help but think about how different everything would have been if his sister was still alive. Trying to get this off his mind, he cleared his throat, "someone say something, before I go crazy."

Falisity smiles, her head still on Levi's shoulder, as she says sleepily, "In about five miles there will be a fork in the road. Take the one that's labeled Orien. It's a small town we have to go through before we cross state borders."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back