• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The End Justifies

Dillan shook his head, letting her speak before he offered what he could in the way of 'comfort'. He wasn't really very good at comforting but for her would try.

"Not wasted. Every mistake we make is an opportunity to learn, to grow. You won't ever make this same mistake again, you can't be hurt like this again. That's not a waste. And... we wouldn't have met if not for him." That was good... right?

He was trying very hard not to make any moves, not yet anyway. He'd have to be patient.

He got to his feet.

"Come on," he held out his hand, "Sitting here isn't going to help but I know what will."

A brow quirked, at his words and when he reached for her hand, she allowed herself to be pulled upright. It was the first time since he'd kissed her that she was this close to him, and the memory of it flooded in, all too clearly. Her eyes softened, and without looked at him, she rested a hand against his chest.

He was already determined to be there for her, but she'd need to be sure the spark didn't die with the revelation of his good will. It was played carefully, tentatively, almost as if she were having a war inside her mind, but when she finally looked up, her expression was blazed... determined.

"So do I..." And reached to the nape of his neck, she pulled him close and kissed him.

Last edited by a moderator:
He melted into her kiss, hands sliding around her waist, bending into her, more than willing... but he didn't want to be her rebound. Still, he found himself backing her up, until they were falling onto the couch. God he wanted her, even now. She made him forget everything else. With no Kyle, no loyalty, nothing between them, he had no reason to check his desire. Even being a rebound didn't matter in that moment. He'd been dreaming about her for weeks, remembering the taste of her, the scent of her, and it had driven him to the very edge of desperate need.

He practically tore at her clothes, his kisses trailing down her neck... and further.

And she didn't stop him.

Later, much later, after he'd exhausted himself... and probably her, they lay snuggled together on her couch. Spooned together, with her tightly wrapped in his arms. He fell asleep with his head nuzzled into her neck, his arms holding her even in sleep. It was a position that might have bothered some but he'd learned to sleep in literally any situation and this, well, this was preferable.

Life on the streets had many advantages, one of which was that she knew her way around the bedroom. Of course, Olivia was chaste... innocent, fragile. She'd trembled at his touch and met him with a sense of eagerness, a near desperation to please. Really, in terms of the many people she'd been intimate with over the span of her life, he wasn't altogether an unpleasant experience, and she'd found herself forgetting, for a moment, the abject desire to break him.

Afterwards, lying beside him, she lay quiet, and when she had sensed that he'd fallen deeply enough into sleep, she untangled herself from his limbs and, wrapping a throw blanket around her form, slipped out into the backyard with her cell phone, dialing Killian's number.

Last edited by a moderator:
Killian answered on the third ring with a sleepy, "lo?" He was half asleep. It wasn't that late in the day but he was a nap fiend and now was as good a time as any to nap.

He knew it was her, the ring tone had clued him in. Otherwise he probably would have kept sleeping. He was worried about her, truth be told. This whole plan... it just felt like trouble. Most of all he was worried what would happen if Dillan Blaithe clued in, especially after they were married - which, of course, was the end goal.

She'd made it a point not to allow herself to get in to deep. She was careful, she was controlled and everything she did had a purpose and point. Still, the idea of losing herself, even for a second, in the throes of passion with that man was terrifying. She needed to be better than that, and she needed the reassurance that she could be.

Fiddling with a loose string in the blanket, she sank down into one of the lawn chairs, waiting for Killian to answer. When he did, she smiled faintly at the sleeping intonation. For someone who worked so hard for his fortune and fame, he was a lazy SOB.

"...Kill..." She started, quietly, doubled checking that Dillan was still inside, asleep, "I am in trouble. Big time..."

Killian sat up, brow furrowing, "What happened?" he asked, voice sharp, worried.

His mind raced through possible scenarios. He figured it out? Kyle ruined something? Someone figured out her real identity? And already he was trying to think of solutions for each possible scenario.

"You need me to come down and initiate Plan B?" Plan B was a joke. 'Let's just throw dog poop at their house... that's revenge enough right?' he'd suggested one drunken night.

Looking back into the house, she shook her head. Did she trust him enough to tell him the dreadful thought that had popped into her mind? Probably not... There was really no one she trusted that much, beside herself, but Killian came closer than any...

"...Things escalated." She said, simply, "I was forced to eliminate my contact with Kyle Reno earlier than anticipated, but it opened an opportunity I thought would provide us the proper leverage to move things in the right direction."

Pinching the space between her brows, she sighed, "I slept with him, Kill..."

It hadn't been a part of the plan. It had never been her intention, really. She'd meant to play the innocent, anxious virgin until their wedding day, and then, well... after that, intimacy would be the last thing on Dillan Blaithe's mind. And she told herself it was for the good of the plan, that it moved things back on course. But the truth of the matter was, that same part of her that she was so careful not to expose... she'd wanted it.

"Was he good?" Killian asked, but then quickly spoke to cover the question up. "Look... look this is good. You can pretend you regret it. Cry a little. Mention how horrified your parents would be. They were religious, see? Make him feel guilty too and later, if he's not moving fast enough, maybe you might be pregnant. This totally works, kid. We can use this!"

In fact, this was a great turn of events. He would have NEVER asked her to sleep with Dillan but now that she had it would really work to their advantage. In more way than one.

Inside the house, the chill of the air and absence of a body next to his own was pulling Dillan from sleep. He stirred, hand rising to his face, body curling into the sofa. He was naked except for socks and in the soft light the gruesome scarring along his knee and bottom leg was clearly visible.

He'd taken a bullet to the kneecap and upper calf. They said he'd never walk again but he was... they said he'd never live without pain and it was true but he was getting used to the pain.

"He was... surprising." Sometimes, she hated him. And for the same exact reasons, she loved him. Killian was the closest she had to family, and life family, he could vex her in ways no one else could. He was right. It was something they could absolutely use to further their advantage. She didn't think they'd need to rush, but ultimately, the sooner she could win him, the faster she could move on with the rest of their plans.

"Alright, K. I gotta go. I think he's waking up." She hung up the phone and, collecting the blanket around her, slipped back inside, closing the door. She set her phone down on the kitchen counter, then moved to the large floor to ceiling windows, the ocean a misty haze through the glass.

She had to sell it just right. Regret or resentment would drive him away, but contrition would draw him closer. He had to think it was guilt over her own actions, not his that put her in such a state of confusion. The tears came easily - not a flood, but quiet... almost absentminded, leaving a streak along her skin.

Dillan sighed as he woke, shivering as his eyes opened. She was gone. Momentarily his stomach twisted, fear that she'd run off in regret gripping him tight. Then he saw her by the window, saw her face reflected in the glass and saw the tears.

"Liv?" He pushed himself up, rising and making his way to her side. He slid his arms around her from behind, resting his chin on her shoulder, "What's wrong" He asked softly.

But he suspected he knew. She'd only just broken it off with Kyle. He'd moved too quick... Shit. Was he going to lose her now? He couldn't. Even now, even after he was still completely and totally smitten and he knew it. Any other girl he'd lose interest after getting her to bed but this girl, she was different. She was... special.

Drying her eyes quickly, but not quickly enough, she smiled wryly as he approached, leaning against him with a sigh. She'd been caught... and there was no way out of it, now.

"...Nothing? Everything? I don't even know." Turning to face him, she looked up at him, her eyes gentle, but sad, "I... I've never... I mean... I haven't... I used to wonder if that was why Kyle wasn't dedicated, because I wouldn't..." Biting her lip, she shifted her gaze, "It's so stupid, I just... I mean, I'm not sorry it happened, I just... I feel like my parents would be disappointed. They... they were big on old fashioned values. The last thing in the world I wanna do is lock you into something, but I just never thought I'd... I'd be with someone, unless it was, well..."

She couldn't bring herself to say the words, but she'd made her point, and she hoped that he'd catch the drift well enough for this to work in their favor.

"You... that was your first time?" Dillan asked, his heart sinking. If he'd known he would have been more gentle with her.. he wouldn't have taken her on a couch either.

"Gods, Liv, I didn't know."

He cupped her face in his hands and kissed her ever so softly, "I'm sorry."

And he felt like a real heel now. He reached up to brush her tears away, "Gods..." He repeated, at a loss for words.

But why? Was it grief that made her do it? A desire to hurt Kyle? He leaned in, resting their foreheads together as he struggled to comprehend.

"If that's why he left.. he's an idiot. You're worth a wait, Liv. You're worth all the waiting in the world. And ify ou don't want to again... I won't... I wont be angry. I swear it."

"You couldn't have... and I should have told you." Leaning into his hands, she sighed, "I'm sorry. I... I'm just emotional, still. But I want you to know, even if it wasn't what I expected it would be, or how it would be, I'm glad it was you... Not just that it wasn't Kyle. But that it was you." Opening her eyes, she met his gaze and smiled.

"I don't want you to think you were just some kind of desperate rebound, Dill. The thing is, I started to suspect it a few weeks ago, right after you and I almost..." Chewing on her lip, she shook her head, "I talked myself down, I tried to tell myself it was just... just everything that was happening. But the fact of the matter is, I fell in love with you. And I just... I really don't want to lose you."

In another circumstance it might have been too much too soon but he felt the same way. He knew it was so fast, so very fast but he did love her. He loved her in ways he'd never loved anyone before. Tears burned at his eyes as he leaned in for another kiss; soft, sweet. He pulled away, lips tilting in a smile as his heart soared.

"I told you," he said softly, "say the word and I'm yours. Say the word, and I won't go anywhere."

He slid his arms around her, pulling her close and pressing his lips to her forehead.

He wouldn't try to be intimate with her again, not if she didn't want to. He didn't want to make her cry, or to have her regret even a single moment. But he knew, in this moment, that he would marry this girl. IF she'd have him, he would claim her as his own. Of course he couldn't say yet, it was far too soon but he knew, just like in the movies, just like in fairytales and ridiculous stories he used to make fun of.

She was the one for him.

Leaning against him, Olivia beamed. She'd thought it might work, but not nearly so perfectly. He was playing right into her hand, almost too easily. Idly, she made a mental note to send Killian a pretty blonde later that afternoon.

"You have no idea how happy that makes me, Dillan. I've been so afraid of what I was feeling, like it was wrong or something. I mean, this is real life... and people just don't feel things like that, so fast. But I did, and I do... and... and I'm rambling." Laughing, she tucked her head beneath his chin, wrapping her arms around his waist, "Just... just consider it said. The word. All the words. Of course, you realize, this means I'm never ever letting you go."

Dillan chuckled at her words, too happy to mind the chill or the fact that he was standing naked in front of a window. None of that mattered in this moment. He held her close, resting his head on top of hers, looking out at the beach. How had this happened? It was all so crazy, so sudden, but he didn't care. It was right.

He led her backwards, this time leading her to her room. "Come on, it's cold and I want to hold you for a bit."

He would worry about his mother and Kyle and everything else tomorrow. Tonight he needed this. He needed her, even if it was just to cuddle.

Snuggling. Ugh. It was all part of the plan, but it wasn't a part of the plan that she was tickled over. There was something, in the idleness, which made her tense. Too many chances to slip up, too many chances to say something out of character. She'd already thrown herself for a loop, losing herself even for a moment in the intensity of their passion, but he wasn't apt to hold that against her. But cuddled up to him, she had to be so very careful that she didn't lose focus.

The trouble was, for all he had been in the past, Dillan Blaithe wasn't a bad guy. He certainly wasn't his parents or their idiot friends, and the more time she spent with him in an intimate way, the harder it was going to get, to keep feelings out of it. Her feelings, anyway. There was no question that he was smitten. And with that, she had to be very careful as well. If he moved too fast, if he jumped before she was ready, she ran the risk of mishandling his parents... It was imperative that they believed she was innocent in the entire endeavor. Any shade thrown on her, even incidental, and she risked the entire operation blowing up in her face.

Time over the next few weeks seemed to stand still. She was nothing, if not an incredible actress, but Dillan was cautious with her and had convinced himself the best time to introduce her as his girlfriend was at his mother's charity gala, two weeks down the line. Still, the time worked to her advantage, in reeling Dillan in further. Little hints, here and there, of her absolute adoration for him... small bits and pieces of the fabricated history she and Killian had designed... She let him into her life in ways that she'd allowed no one else - showed him loyalty, love, respect... trust.

He spent more time with her, at her home than anywhere else. They talked, they laughed, the planned their future together. She did not engage him again, intimately, and he did not push her, but she could see his resolve breaking down and in a way she felt sorry for him. Still, he was patient...

When the night of the gala arrived at last, she waited for him in the foyer of her home like a girl, her date for prom. She wore floor length orange gown with a backless keyhole, her hair pulled into a french twist, her make up soft and elegant - the likes of old Hollywood. It was altogether a stunning ensemble, certain to impress his parents...

Dillan knew he was desperately in love. This girl had wound her way around his heart so perfectly that he couldn't imagine life without her. The life he'd had before felt like a dream, this was where he was meant to be, how he was meant to be. He waited, but it wasn't easy. Every day felt like a torment. He wanted her, he wanted her to be his family. He wanted them to be bonded in a concrete way that no one could deny. He wanted her to be his wife. More than that he wanted to be her husband. So he could care for her, give her everything, shower her with his love in every possible way.

Two weeks. It was just two weeks but by the end of it he knew what he had to do. It felt like rushing, it felt too soon but he knew she felt the way he did. He could see it in her eyes, feel it in her touch. She loved him too. This was the right thing to do, the right way to go. He'd never been so sure of anything before in his life.

Maybe she was a reward. A gift to show him he was on the right path. He'd spent four years trying to make up for his mistakes, and the last 9 months trying to reintegrate himself into his old life. And here was Olivia. This perfect woman, and he just kept thinking the fates had given her to him as a way to say: Yes, you're on the right path. This is the life you were always meant to have.

He arrived on her doorstep in a tux, with a little blue bowtie and sharply polished leather shoes. It was the first time he'd properly dressed up but tonight was special. He planned to introduce her to his parents but more than that, he was going to propose.

Tonight was the night.

Two weeks... but they had been the most important two weeks of his entire life. He knew this was right.

He couldn't stop the grin that spread across his lips as he knocked on her door and waited for her to answer.

He'd even combed his hair, something he only very rarely did.

Opening the door, Olivia stepped back with a small smile, whistling at the sight of him, "Well, look at you, James Bond. I'm impressed... Figured I'd have to wait till a wedding or a funeral to get you in one of these." She moved closer and tweaked his bow tie with a small laugh, before leaning up on her toes to press a kiss to his cheek.

When she righted herself, she gave him a weak smile, "So this is it, then? Time to officially meet the parents? I mean, I know I've already met your mom... but are you sure you wanna do this? We could always... hold off. Wait till, I dunno... Christmas. New Years. The Christening of our first born?" She was nervous... and it showed, and the more she tried to hide it, the harder it became, until she was positively fidgeting.

Killian had shown her how to fidget. He was brilliant, that one.

Dillan laughed easily, claiming her hand and twining their fingers together. "Mom has already met you, so that's no biggee. And she likes you! She does. My dad he's uh... well, you know, he's just ..." He trailed off, failing to find words, "It doesn't matter. All that matters is that I like you, right?"

More than like. But he still hadn't managed to say the word 'love' to her. It wasn't a word he'd said to anyone. Even now he couldn't seem to get it out. He was fairly certain he made his feelings clear in other ways though. Like telling her, repeatedly, that he was hers.

He tugged her out of the house, pulling back so he could get a look at her, "God, why are you so beautiful? I'm pretty sure you're not even human."

He laughed easily, "Come on."

He was too exited about tonight to really notice the subtleties of her outfit. At this point all he ever saw was her. He couldn't help it. Nothing else mattered, she was beautiful in nothing and in clothes. She could wear a potato sack and he'd still be head over heels.

"Oh." She started, looking up at him, "Well, that's encouraging. So long as you promise not to leave me alone with either of them for longer than a few minutes, I guess I'll be alright."

It was funny, pretending... In reality, this was the moment she'd been waiting for, since the entire fiasco had begun. This was the penultimate moment, where she'd come face to face with the man who had ruined her life. The man who had ruined her father. No... the man who had murdered her father. This would be the moment which dictated whether or not she possessed the strength within her to go through with this.

Hooking her arm through his, she smiled gently as she leaned against him, "...You, Mr. Blaithe, are sweet... but biased. Thank you, though. You always manage to make me feel even prettier. Though I assure you, I'm as human as the next girl..."

Dillan was nervous, excited but not for the same reasons she was. It was too soon, wasn't it? But he wanted this so bad. He had never waited so long for anything in his life. When he wanted things, he took them and he'd known two weeks ago that he wanted to marry this girl.

His jeep waited in the driveway. At the very least he'd washed it, but he still wasn't going to drive anything else. He grinned as he opened the door and held out a hand to help her up, "Your chariot, my lady."

Once she was seated he hurried to the driver's seat and hopped up with a little whistle. The gala was taking place at a local art gallery where there would be a silent auction to raise money for a local charity. It was a typical shindig for his mother. There would be fancy dresses, suits, ridiculous appetizers, drinks, elevator music and more pomp than should be contained in one building.

But everyone who mattered would be there, and it's why he wanted not only to introduce Olivia but also to propose. The press would be there, and his mother and father would be forced to grit their teeth and accept the proposal. In his own way, this was Dillan's way of forcing their hand because he knew there was a high chance they wouldn't accept Liv. She was 'new money' and his mother was happy to use her but she definitely wouldn't accept her as a 'daughter in law'.

"So, tips for dealing with my parents... don't." Dillan said as he pulled out of her driveway. "Let me handle them. You just be yourself and have fun."

Slipping into the jeep, she resisted the urge to put her feet up on the dash - even for someone who cared so little for the lifestyle she was faking, it seemed somehow inappropriate to be so cavalier in a designer gown. Instead, she straightened her dress, smoothing out invisible wrinkles, before giving him a small sideways glance and an anxious smirk.

"Oh... so basically, you're trying to to terrify me? Dillan... I swear to you, I'm going to throw up, right in front of them. This is awful... I've never been this nervous in my life. I once watched a man operate on a live human being right in the middle of a subway, and I didn't lose my cool. This... this sucks. They're gonna hate me, aren't they?"

"Wait, what?" Dillan laughed, "You watched what?"

He didn't address the 'they're going to hate me' comment because yeah, they probably would. but he didn't care and he hoped she could learn not to care too. Honestly his parents wouldn't cut him off and even if they did she made more than enough money for them both. They had no power over him, or this decision.

Nancy Blaithe slid her arm through her husband's arm, smiling and waving at guests as they entered. The gallery was quickly filling. Good. The more who came, the more money they'd donate and the more they donated the bigger article the newspaper would write - with the Blaithe name front and center.

She saw the jeep as it pulled in and sighed, "I wish he'd get rid of that thing," she murmured to her husband, "so crass."

But Dillan had been different since he returned from the military both in ways she approved of and in ways she didn't. He had, at least, been completely dedicated to the business and that was new, unexpected but good. For the first 20 years of his life he had completely ignored his father's business, and any attempts to draw him in but now he was working so hard to learn. She was almost proud of him.

Now if only she could get him to dress properly, drive a proper vehicle and find a good, status raising wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back