• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Colosseum The Elemental Tournament

Become said:
So is round 1 basically just a matter of thinning out the "odd number" and everyone slotted in round 2 gets an automatic pass?
The first two fights (btw @TrippyVirus Julia and Kalynka should be where Martin and Ryan are) are to decide who goes into the final eight. Then the final eight fight.

Loyal Guardian]The first two fights (btw [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/38016-trippyvirus/ said:
@TrippyVirus[/URL] Julia and Kalynka should be where Martin and Ryan are) are to decide who goes into the final eight. Then the final eight fight.
If there was sixteen people, The "odd number" thing will be non-existent.

i might not be as active on this rp because im doing like 10 others at the moment but when the fights come il read all of them and when my fights come i will be very active but other than that not much.

Name: Etna Osborn

Nickname: Solomon's Phantasm

Country of Origin: China

Appearance: An elderly Chinese woman, hooked up to life support and confined to a wheelchair

Element: Electricity

Personality: Etna is, well... almost silent, constantly. Her body is atrophied to the point where she can barely speak. She doesn't say much, doesn't do much; just watches with those cold, blank, cataract-glazed eyes.

Bio: Etna was born in the early Cold War, and developed by an R&D department in the Chinese government as a human weapon. How she managed to arrive in America is unknown.

Name: Haseya Dahosey

Nickname: Gran

Country of Origin: USA

Appearance: A short, stocky, elderly woman of Navajo descent.

Element: Heat

Personality: Gran Dahosey is a big fan of "tough love": she's not afraid to spank an out-of-line grandchild when necessary. Of course, she still has her soft side, and will always take that same grandchild out for ice cream afterwards.

Bio: Grew up in the Navajo Nation in Utah, and but moved to California during her teenage years. Eventually, as she got older, she returned to her ancestral home, settling down and having a family.

deadpool42 said:
Name: Etna Osborn
Nickname: Solomon's Phantasm

Country of Origin: China

Appearance: An elderly Chinese woman, hooked up to life support and confined to a wheelchair

Element: Electricity

Personality: Etna is, well... almost silent, constantly. Her body is atrophied to the point where she can barely speak. She doesn't say much, doesn't do much; just watches with those cold, blank, cataract-glazed eyes.

Bio: Etna was born in the early Cold War, and developed by an R&D department in the Chinese government as a human weapon. How she managed to arrive in America is unknown.

Name: Haseya Dahosey

Nickname: Gran

Country of Origin: USA

Appearance: A short, stocky, elderly woman of Navajo descent.

Element: Heat

Personality: Gran Dahosey is a big fan of "tough love": she's not afraid to spank an out-of-line grandchild when necessary. Of course, she still has her soft side, and will always take that same grandchild out for ice cream afterwards.

Bio: Grew up in the Navajo Nation in Utah, and but moved to California during her teenage years. Eventually, as she got older, she returned to her ancestral home, settling down and having a family.
I have mixed feelings about this. For one i am glad that you made two characters, but i'm not so glad that they are so old. Now i know i already allowed an elderly guy in, but that's because he was like Boomy (if you get where that's from then yay). This especially applies to the first one, who is nearly a hundred years old and is "An elderly Chinese woman, hooked up to life support and confined to a wheelchair". I just don't see how she can compete with all of the other competitors, plus we already have someone with electricity (this is a minor issue and can be overlooked, but i just wanted to throw it out there). As for the other character, despite her size, i think she can still compete and do decent. The only problem is once again, her age. Now she is 65 and i am fine with that more than i am with the other, however in reality case people at that stature and age (trust me, i know what i am saying when i have a mother with the exact same stature and nearly the same age) people tend to get sore and cramp up easily. But beyond the health issue, i might accept it.

So the first one i can not consciously accept, but the second one i might accept if you can work out the health issues.

[QUOTE="Loyal Guardian]I have mixed feelings about this. For one i am glad that you made two characters, but i'm not so glad that they are so old. Now i know i already allowed an elderly guy in, but that's because he was like Boomy (if you get where that's from then yay). This especially applies to the first one, who is nearly a hundred years old and is "An elderly Chinese woman, hooked up to life support and confined to a wheelchair". I just don't see how she can compete with all of the other competitors, plus we already have someone with electricity (this is a minor issue and can be overlooked, but i just wanted to throw it out there). As for the other character, despite her size, i think she can still compete and do decent. The only problem is once again, her age. Now she is 65 and i am fine with that more than i am with the other, however in reality case people at that stature and age (trust me, i know what i am saying when i have a mother with the exact same stature and nearly the same age) people tend to get sore and cramp up easily. But beyond the health issue, i might accept it.
So the first one i can not consciously accept, but the second one i might accept if you can work out the health issues.

[/QUOTE]
Alright, I'm willing to nix Etna. Regarding Gran's age, sixty-five is really not that old. There are professional athletes well into their seventies and even eighties who are likely in better physical condition than most young people are today.

deadpool42 said:
Alright, I'm willing to nix Etna. Regarding Gran's age, sixty-five is really not that old. There are professional athletes well into their seventies and even eighties who are likely in better physical condition than most young people are today.
Yes that is true, however like i said women with that stature have those problems. If she went out for a run every now and then through her life, then i'm fine. And sorry for not responding, but right now i'm on vacation and I won't be active until i settle down in a hotel (like i am now)

Name: Jeffery Tamer

Nickname (optional): Sledge

Country of Origin: America

Appearance (Picture optional):
0c63d2a41f5f1d0dc260e0662571549c.jpg

Element (Power): Blood Manipulation (I am just going to clear up all the problems anyone will have with this power. No I will not manipulate anyone's blood to control them. At most I will use there blood to make it a little harder to move around as a sort of debuff. If that's too much I won't even do that. Other then that I will only be using my own blood to do damage. Also he is able to generate and unlimited amount of blood so he never runs out of ammunition, but he can still die if you destroy his organs so he is not immortal or anything.)

Bio/History: He was born in a prison and no one ever questioned it. Being raised, he was confined all of his life. All of his life he was the one that the prisoners used to have fun, beating him, making him there slave. One day he snapped and killed everyone, he was never the same after. He left and wondered the land searching for who he truly was.

Last edited by a moderator:
TheMADQ said:
Name: Jeffery Tamer

Nickname (optional): Sledge

Appearance (Picture optional):
0c63d2a41f5f1d0dc260e0662571549c.jpg

Element (Power): Blood Manipulation (I am just going to clear up all the problems anyone will have with this power. No I will not manipulate anyone's blood to control them. At most I will use there blood to make it a little harder to move around as a sort of debuff. If that's too much I won't even do that. Other then that I will only be using my own blood to do damage. Also he is able to generate and unlimited amount of blood so he never runs out of ammunition, but he can still die if you destroy his organs so he is not immortal or anything.)

Bio/History: He was born in a prison and no one ever questioned it. Being raised, he was confined all of his life. All of his life he was the one that the prisoners used to have fun, beating him, making him there slave. One day he snapped and killed everyone, he was never the same after. He left and wondered the land searching for who he truly was.
Accepted

Name: Kenneth Shireson

Nick: Ken, Earthly Death

Country of Origin: Australia

Appearance:

Face: Blonde, Blue eyes.

Body: Lil' muscular, Wears Poacher's Clothes.

Power: Earth Manipulation

1. Can pull apart of the ground and move it with his mind.
  2. Can mold the ground. (Example: Sphere to Wall.)
  3. Can use the ground to surf.

Personality: A very gentle and open- minded man yet a very impatient person. He has a short fuse, so he can be angry easily. He is overpossessive and is a deaf person.

Bio: He was born as the oldest of his three brothers. He lived a very good childhood, and learned how to snipe while he was twelve. On a trip to the wilds, his parents were jumpscared by some lions. He pulled the ground up, made a wall to block the lions. Instead of getting in the car, they rode on a small island pulled out.

He got an invitation to the Elemental Tourney, to make his parents proud.

@Loyal Guardian

TrippyVirus said:
Back from the dead. Updating bracket~
Yeah sorry i went on a week long vacation. Saw DC, Norfolk, and went to Jersey for a family event (the main point of the trip). It was fun, but yeah sorry for not posting that much during that time, it nearly killed this RP.

TrippyVirus said:
Name: Kenneth Shireson
Nick: Ken, Earthly Death

Country of Origin: Australia

Appearance:

Face: Blonde, Blue eyes.

Body: Lil' muscular, Wears Poacher's Clothes.

Power: Earth Manipulation

1. Can pull apart of the ground and move it with his mind.
  2. Can mold the ground. (Example: Sphere to Wall.)
  3. Can use the ground to surf.

Personality: A very gentle and open- minded man yet a very impatient person. He has a short fuse, so he can be angry easily. He is overpossessive and is a deaf person.

Bio: He was born as the oldest of his three brothers. He lived a very good childhood, and learned how to snipe while he was twelve. On a trip to the wilds, his parents were jumpscared by some lions. He pulled the ground up, made a wall to block the lions. Instead of getting in the car, they rode on a small island pulled out.

He got an invitation to the Elemental Tourney, to make his parents proud.

@Loyal Guardian
Accepted, welcome Earth Bender

Name: Jasmine Dober

Nickname: Saint

Country of Origin: Italy

Appearance:
5688-1276013266.jpg

Elemental: Devine Force Manipulation

Personality: She is a kind hearted person. She dosn't like to hurt people but in tenements its just for sport. She is forgiving and never holds a grudge.

Bio: She was a priest at a monastery who has be gifted with Devin power. So to display his gratitude for this she is going around the world displaying the power she was given.

Name: Aether

Appearance:
8c9345e20756c23f31546ccb06e5cab81302922729_full.jpg

Elemental: Air Manipulation

Personality: He is normally completely calm and collected, nothing seems to faze him.

Bio: For his hole life he has served a master. The strongest elementalist of all times. He was happy on his service. But one day he just vanished. He has been searching for his master from that moment on. He thinks that he might show up at this event of the strongest elementals.

TheMADQ said:
Name: Jasmine Dober
Nickname: Saint

Country of Origin: Italy

Appearance:
5688-1276013266.jpg

Elemental: Devine Force Manipulation

Personality: She is a kind hearted person. She dosn't like to hurt people but in tenements its just for sport. She is forgiving and never holds a grudge.

Bio: She was a priest at a monastery who has be gifted with Devin power. So to display his gratitude for this she is going around the world displaying the power she was given.

Name: Aether

Appearance:
8c9345e20756c23f31546ccb06e5cab81302922729_full.jpg

Elemental: Air Manipulation

Personality: He is normally completely calm and collected, nothing seems to faze him.

Bio: For his hole life he has served a master. The strongest elementalist of all times. He was happy on his service. But one day he just vanished. He has been searching for his master from that moment on. He thinks that he might show up at this event of the strongest elementals.
Accepted. Make sure Aether doesn't suck the air our of people and make sure Jasmine isn't to strong

[QUOTE="Loyal Guardian]Accepted. Make sure Aether doesn't suck the air our of people and make sure Jasmine isn't to strong

[/QUOTE]
Psh, that would be too boring if I did that.

[QUOTE="Loyal Guardian]Yeah..... but that goes against the rules

[/QUOTE]
No, I meant if Aether just take the air out of the opponent and if Jasmine was too strong, that would be boring. xD

Sorry if I was unclear.

TheMADQ said:
No, I meant if Aether just take the air out of the opponent and if Jasmine was too strong, that would be boring. xD
Sorry if I was unclear.
Oh okay. I haven't had much sleep lately so i misread, derp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back