The Elder Scrolls: Red Diamond {Rp}

"As you wish..." He unraveled a small piece of parchment, "Ah, yes... all we need to do is make it across the Heart of the Black Marsh to the other side." He smiled realizing it's difficulty and asked but one more simple question, "Any questions?" 

"If I had any further questions, they would of been asked first rather than later." Oreesu said to him 

Xijai-Teel was getting impatient now, " I do not need to tell you anything." She noticed bleeding coming from one of the Vampire's legs, a wound must have reopened when she was pushed to the ground, "Hmmm... What's this." Xijai-Teel uncovered the bandage with her leg and started poking at the wound with her boot, "Don't follow me ever again, Understand? Or I will find you, and I will kill you."

Xijai-Teel was getting impatient now, " I do not need to tell you anything." She noticed bleeding coming from one of the Vampire's legs, a wound must have reopened when she was pushed to the ground, "Hmmm... What's this." Xijai-Teel uncovered the bandage with her leg and started poking at the wound with her boot, "Don't follow me ever again, Understand? Or I will find you, and I will kill you."

"You say that, and I say I won't stop, but here we are." She hardly even felt the pain from her wound, she wouldn't show any pain and give this argonian what she wanted. She simply gritted her teeth, disregarding her situation. "I could give you about 20 reasons why I'm not here to hurt you, but you still wouldn't listen. You have the training, speed, and deadly force of an assassin, but assassins don't stand out in public grouped up, you're not an ordinary bunch." Lyg was getting annoyed, what was this person trying to protect? "Kill me, if that's what it takes, I don't care. You guys are up to something and I'm not going to pull the wool over my eyes and ignore it." 

Last edited by a moderator:
Riara pulled her hood over her head before heading in to Gideon. Even though she likes conversation, she didnt want people to know she was a snow elf. She wanted to keep her identity a secret, for the civilians of course. At least for now, that is.

Anyways, She sometimes thinks it would be decent if she found a female set of ancient falmer armor. Although she had no idea of a place that could have the armor of her fallen brethren, she hopes to find some before her journey is over. This old raggedy hooded robe is kind of off putting sometimes. 

Riara arrived at the Inn in town, but she put her palm on the door before opening it, and turned to Lyrissa. "So, who are we looking for exactly. You didn't give me a specific name or race." She said, keeping her palm on the door, head down as well, waiting for a response. 

@Gadethyn Onmarothi 

Lyrillia turned over to Riara and pulled her into a corner. Like Riara she was also dressed in robes although her head wasn't covered and her red hair was visible with the tips of her ears pointing out. She pulled down Riara's hood and gazed into her starry eyes. Emotions ran through Lyrillia, but she held them back and spoke,

"Atop that flimsy wooden construct,

A man of the shadowy, dark nights,

Will prove useful to us, I deduct,

All of Gideon lies in his sights."

"You say that, and I say I won't stop, but here we are." She hardly even felt the pain from her wound, she wouldn't show any pain and give this argonian what she wanted. She simply gritted her teeth, disregarding her situation. "I could give you about 20 reasons why I'm not here to hurt you, but you still wouldn't listen. You have the training, speed, and deadly force of an assassin, but assassins don't stand out in public grouped up, you're not an ordinary bunch." Lyg was getting annoyed, what was this person trying to protect? "Kill me, if that's what it takes, I don't care. You guys are up to something and I'm not going to pull the wool over my eyes and ignore it." 

Xijai-Teel looked straight into the Vampire's eyes and whispered, " If you want to know, go and ask the Altmer in the robes yourself. I have no time for you."

Pushing off of the Vampire, Xijai-Teel got up and swiftly climbed to the roof of the nearest building.

Lyg got up with a grunt, her leg slightly buckling under the pain she had tried to push away. She retied the bandage, making it tighter than before. She let out an annoyed sigh. "This world is too magnificent for hatred. Why do people insist on spreading it?" She had half a mind to chase the argonian, but why? It's not like she'd change the argonian's mind on anything, it's clear that they're the untrustworthy, paranoid type. However, Lyg was still alive, so she had to give that as credit. She wondered, an altmer? What is an altmer doing in a small, cold town like Gideon? The only population in the small town of Gideon is the population of people who came from generations before, dating back to the founding of the town.

She followed down the path the argonian had taken her way to that spot, tracing backwards to find that group in the distance. While Lyg wasn't fond of the idea of just walking up and saying hello, it seemed like her only remaining option. She could easily pick out the altmer in the group, practically feeling his radiance of magic. It was clear this man was a tome of knowledge and age. She took a deep breath, calming her nerves as she approached the figure. 

"My name is Lyg, Lyg Ashfield. I'm an independent archaeologist and scholar, I merely only want to know what a group so heavily armed is doing in these areas." 

@Locklaklazarii

Lyg got up with a grunt, her leg slightly buckling under the pain she had tried to push away. She retied the bandage, making it tighter than before. She let out an annoyed sigh. "This world is too magnificent for hatred. Why do people insist on spreading it?" She had half a mind to chase the argonian, but why? It's not like she'd change the argonian's mind on anything, it's clear that they're the untrustworthy, paranoid type. However, Lyg was still alive, so she had to give that as credit. She wondered, an altmer? What is an altmer doing in a small, cold town like Gideon? The only population in the small town of Gideon is the population of people who came from generations before, dating back to the founding of the town.

She followed down the path the argonian had taken her way to that spot, tracing backwards to find that group in the distance. While Lyg wasn't fond of the idea of just walking up and saying hello, it seemed like her only remaining option. She could easily pick out the altmer in the group, practically feeling his radiance of magic. It was clear this man was a tome of knowledge and age. She took a deep breath, calming her nerves as she approached the figure. 

"My name is Lyg, Lyg Ashfield. I'm an independent archaeologist and scholar, I merely only want to know what a group so heavily armed is doing in these areas." 

@Locklaklazarii

Oreesu would stare at lyg. "Doing important things for important reasons, And off to go soon."

@Locklaklazarii

"The competition obviously." He chuckled a bit at the question, and looked to a sheet of parchment and back at Lyg. "What did you say your name is again?" He questioned very intently. 

"The competition obviously." He chuckled a bit at the question, and looked to a sheet of parchment and back at Lyg. "What did you say your name is again?" He questioned very intently. 

She chuckled too, maybe this wouldn't be as hard as she thought. "Lyg, Lyg Ashfield. I'm hardly the competition..." She pats the bandage wrapped around her leg, "This is from the dwemer ruins, not that far from here. Nothing I couldn't handle, but, well, they still got me pretty good." She tilted her head in confusion, "Have you heard of me before? Ashfield is a long name of scholars, if that's what you're interested in." 

She chuckled too, maybe this wouldn't be as hard as she thought. "Lyg, Lyg Ashfield. I'm hardly the competition..." She pats the bandage wrapped around her leg, "This is from the dwemer ruins, not that far from here. Nothing I couldn't handle, but, well, they still got me pretty good." She tilted her head in confusion, "Have you heard of me before? Ashfield is a long name of scholars, if that's what you're interested in." 

"Never heard of the name." He said very seriously, "Lyg you said? Spelled L-I-G-G?" He asked curiously reading from the parchment, going over the names. 

"Never heard of the name." He said very seriously, "Lyg you said? Spelled L-I-G-G?" He asked curiously reading from the parchment, going over the names. 

She shook her head, he was being pretty precise about her name. "No, it's L-Y-G, Lyg." She was pretty lost, this man's eyes scanned over the parchment like he was looking for each individual strand of fiber. "Is there a problem?" 

She shook her head, he was being pretty precise about her name. "No, it's L-Y-G, Lyg." She was pretty lost, this man's eyes scanned over the parchment like he was looking for each individual strand of fiber. "Is there a problem?" 

"Not really, you're just not on the list." He scanned the parchment once more then looked up at Lyg. "Alas, the more the merrier I suppose." He said rolling the parchment back up and standing. He was a towering figure in height, he held out his hand to shake Lyg's.

"Not really, you're just not on the list." He scanned the parchment once more then looked up at Lyg. "Alas, the more the merrier I suppose." He said rolling the parchment back up and standing. He was a towering figure in height, he held out his hand to shake Lyg's.

She shrugged, why did they have a list? Were they expecting more people here? "So... who are you? Hate to sound nosy but what are you guys doing here? You some kind of research group?" She took his hand and shook it firmly, she was still lost on why an altmer would be so far out in the middle of nowhere, especially one that's practically leaking magical finesse. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Xijai-Teel ran along the old rooftops of Gideon back to her lodgings. She reflected on the events of the day with her precious moments alone.

How did she manage to get stuck with these Hatch-Daks in Gideon of all places, and why was there a vampire stalking her saying that they were an Archeologist?

The vampire also said they didn't have a clan, Xijai-Teel had a kind of clan once, but they were far... Far away now.

Xijai-Teel arrived at her safe house above an old tavern near the centre of the city, in an old forgotten attic where no one would notice her

She shrugged, why did they have a list? Were they expecting more people here? "So... who are you? Hate to sound nosy but what are you guys doing here? You some kind of research group?" She took his hand and shook it firmly, she was still lost on why an altmer would be so far out in the middle of nowhere, especially one that's practically leaking magical finesse. 

"Most of the groups have already left. We are the last group it seems, and no, not research per say. We are in a sort of competition that will change the fate of all involved." He said mocking the tone of an advertiser. "There's a large payout in the end, one million septims if I remember correctly. Me? I am not important to you unless you are with my collective here, now."

"Most of the groups have already left. We are the last group it seems, and no, not research per say. We are in a sort of competition that will change the fate of all involved." He said mocking the tone of an advertiser. "There's a large payout in the end, one million septims if I remember correctly. Me? I am not important to you unless you are with my collective here, now."

Lyg was completely dumbfounded, how didn't she realise this? "Wait... one million septims? How didn't I catch that. You guys are a group for the Elder Council, to complete their task, yes?" Her mouth was wide open, she was shocked, a hand on her forehead while she tried getting her thoughts together. "I was looking for a group. It may sound strange, but I have the most knowledge of history you'd ever find. For over centuries, my family has devoted their existence to studying the world. Each generation's knowledge passing down to the next. I believe I can be of use to a group like you, hell, we might even be that 'chosen group' the priests talked about." She gathered her thoughts, slowing herself down, "I could really be of use, this task they're going to send us on is without a doubt going the shadow the events of anything done by man in history. It'll turn the world and what we believe on its head if the Elder Council themselves are the ones asking for help."

Lyg was completely dumbfounded, how didn't she realise this? "Wait... one million septims? How didn't I catch that. You guys are a group for the Elder Council, to complete their task, yes?" Her mouth was wide open, she was shocked, a hand on her forehead while she tried getting her thoughts together. "I was looking for a group. It may sound strange, but I have the most knowledge of history you'd ever find. For over centuries, my family has devoted their existence to studying the world. Each generation's knowledge passing down to the next. I believe I can be of use to a group like you, hell, we might even be that 'chosen group' the priests talked about." She gathered her thoughts, slowing herself down, "I could really be of use, this task they're going to send us on is without a doubt going the shadow the events of anything done by man in history. It'll turn the world and what we believe on its head if the Elder Council themselves are the ones asking for help."

"Indeed, yet if your knowledge is as extensive as you believe it to be answer me this, who took control of the Numidium in the Illiac bay? Answer me that and I might consider your claim." He smirked knowing the weight of the question and knowing the many correct answers, after all he lived it.

"Indeed, yet if your knowledge is as extensive as you believe it to be answer me this, who took control of the Numidium in the Illiac bay? Answer me that and I might consider your claim." He smirked knowing the weight of the question and knowing the many correct answers, after all he lived it.

She snickered at the question, testing her intelligence? What a meaningless task. "Nobody took control of the First Numidium, it was activated by an unknown person and, as result, it completely disappeared. It hadn't been seen until much time later in a reconstruction. Powered by the Heart, they wanted to cover the world in a blight, but obviously didn't succeed." She grinned, a trick question would never go over her head so easily. "So, how do you know so much about history? You can't be that old, and there's surely more interesting topics to cover in the world."

She snickered at the question, testing her intelligence? What a meaningless task. "Nobody took control of the First Numidium, it was activated by an unknown person and, as result, it completely disappeared. It hadn't been seen until much time later in a reconstruction. Powered by the Heart, they wanted to cover the world in a blight, but obviously didn't succeed." She grinned, a trick question would never go over her head so easily. "So, how do you know so much about history? You can't be that old, and there's surely more interesting topics to cover in the world."

Kelkemmeriil laughed at the answer a bit and then looked at Lyg to answer her question, "I lived the history, tends to make one remember it more... ahh but I'm blabbing, the reason I asked you the question was because there was no one singular correct answer, but you passed... congrats!" he sat back down and continued to talk "Now you could continue talking with me or get to know, those who I assume you will take on as your new companions, a little more."

After Riara used her illusion magic to convince the old, prestigious thief at the tavern to send spies out to look for other members of the group, Lyrillia walked through the alleyways of Gideon and got back to the main group of adventurers just in time to overhear the last bit of conversations.

"Snake-faced, trickster, serpent god of man?

Numidium, towering logic?

Old forgotten House of Vvardenfell?

Dwemeri reason killing Lorkhan,

Mantella, the Heart, analogic,

Old creation, now below to dwell,

Numidium hath been controllèd,

Yet not as in typical fashion,

It was owned by all outside of Time,

In that time, reality undid,

Three intertwined souls full of passion,

Followed in thirds, certain paradigm,

Nay, Ur did not desire to blanket,

Voryn's Blight was born out of himself,

Beaten back by the heroic elf,

No longer is chained Voryn's banquet,"

Kelkemmeriil laughed at the answer a bit and then looked at Lyg to answer her question, "I lived the history, tends to make one remember it more... ahh but I'm blabbing, the reason I asked you the question was because there was no one singular correct answer, but you passed... congrats!" he sat back down and continued to talk "Now you could continue talking with me or get to know, those who I assume you will take on as your new companions, a little more."

Lived? She thought. The man didn't look a day above 40. "You've lived it, eh? I've only done the next best thing, reading about it and learning the unfolded actions in the depths of buried history..." She remembered mid-thought, That was back during the first era... I wonder. "Were you alive to see Vivec himself? He's..." She paused, how does she mention Lyg without making her entire family look strange? "A part of the centerpiece my family's been studying for the past centuries. I'd love to hear a live, personal telling of him- if you've seen him, of course." Lyg bit her lip, it might've been a long shot, but maybe this man knows something. He definitely has his fair share of history under his belt. 

Lived? She thought. The man didn't look a day above 40. "You've lived it, eh? I've only done the next best thing, reading about it and learning the unfolded actions in the depths of buried history..." She remembered mid-thought, That was back during the first era... I wonder. "Were you alive to see Vivec himself? He's..." She paused, how does she mention Lyg without making her entire family look strange? "A part of the centerpiece my family's been studying for the past centuries. I'd love to hear a live, personal telling of him- if you've seen him, of course." Lyg bit her lip, it might've been a long shot, but maybe this man knows something. He definitely has his fair share of history under his belt. 

"I had not been active in the political pursuits of the Dunmeri peoples, nor had I want'd to be. Over my life I had found politics to be quite venomous in nature, what drives ones passion towards that of a venomous relation is unbeknownst  to me and my prescriptions. But to give answer to thy inquiries: aye, I was alive to behold the figure of Vivec, but I ne'er looked upon him with mine own eyes, I do not despair o'er such a choice neither do I rejoice. My convictions had kept me from him and would still do so by me." Kelkemmeriil responded in a formal tone, his years in Alinor had conditioned him to talk like that and so he did when he wasn't concentration on adapting his speech into a commoner's tongue.

"I had not been active in the political pursuits of the Dunmeri peoples, nor had I want'd to be. Over my life I had found politics to be quite venomous in nature, what drives ones passion towards that of a venomous relation is unbeknownst  to me and my prescriptions. But to give answer to thy inquiries: aye, I was alive to behold the figure of Vivec, but I ne'er looked upon him with mine own eyes, I do not despair o'er such a choice neither do I rejoice. My convictions had kept me from him and would still do so by me." Kelkemmeriil responded in a formal tone, his years in Alinor had conditioned him to talk like that and so he did when he wasn't concentration on adapting his speech into a commoner's tongue.

The man's tone shifted, moving from commoner to formality. His linguistics were clearly from older origins, and it was pretty difficult, but Lyg kept up. She frowned, trying to leave a weak smile. "That's too bad, I completely understand your position though, those were dark times. One of the biggest records of man turned to god, not something that politics take lightly." She was disappointed, but at least she had secured her position in a group that would soon, hopefully, become legend. Lyg imprinting her existence in history would not only be poetry, considering her work, but a gate of access to unbeknownst work. Work that transcends mortal understanding. If this job is as important as she believes, she might even come to a way to solve the mystery that has plagued her family for centuries. "So, you live history, I'm assuming you don't study it much. What do you do professionally? Clearly you have something hid up your sleeve if you're trying to clear a task for the Elder Council."

A humble figure in peasant's cloth strode toward the group at the edge of the village. He had been listening from afar, though could glean only simple details. Nonetheless, he knew enough of the Empire's game that he understood they were here to play it. He spoke up, a noticeable accent clinging to his sharp voice.

As Lyg asks about the Altmer's background, the argonian adds, "I must wonder your purpose as well." He eyed the man's robes closely, "A student of the Endeavor waving coin under the noses of any mercenary he can find. A strange thing, to gather so many able bodies for a monumental task, only to pit them against one another. Perhaps you mean to mould a truer champion from the silt?" He mused, but seemed largely unconcerned either way.

He bowed and introduced himself, "I am called Xa-Raku. I may serve as a healer and guide of these swamps, if you will permit." He looked to the others, "I have not come to vie for your riches - I seek none. But if there is Empire business in the Marsh, I would see it resolved swiftly."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back