The Dreaming [OOC]

I'm the spientist. Looking forward to playing with you all.

Also, how much essence are we supposed to have? Health and condition are always 10/20 right?

Oh, idk...I've always preferred manipulating my enemies into self-destructing paranoia and killing each other.

Can I get an update? How are people doing, when it comes to completing characters?  Any questions? Connections with the groups sorted? Have our Jukari been discussing their relationships prior to the upcoming mission?

Speaking of which, I should probably get on getting that sheet up here... but I was never a big fan of putting up WIP, and it still needs a bit of polish. On the other hand, it'd certainly be good to let everyone know what they're going to be dealing with here. Hint: It involves hilarious potential for violence.

Also hello

My character is ready. I saw some people add inventories but that wasn't on the character sheet. Should I add one or does it not matter?

You can add an inventory if you like. I encourage Jukari to one include hand-crafted magical weapon. 

If you want to know if something is acceptable or need guidelines lemme know. 

You can add an inventory if you like. I encourage Jukari to one include hand-crafted magical weapon. 

If you want to know if something is acceptable or need guidelines lemme know. 

Yeah that sounds good, so I can min-max more effectively. :P  Sorry I must.

In general, I'll assign mechanics to it when I know what you want it to do.

Some core themes for Jukari Hellforged tech in general:

The are overpowering but elegant.  They often relate to the identity and abilities of the maker, and tend to be highly specialized. Their purpose is often clear from their design and they tend to be intimidating in appearance or effect, and are less effective in the hands of anyone else.  They will often draw on innate powers of the wielder and have a regal aspect. 

Hello everyone I am planning on going Jukari or Bandi (if that opens) , I hope that's ok

I'd prefer to cut Jukari where we have them for now, but if you can wait awhile for Bandi to open up you're welcome to take a stab at it. 

FYI for everyone; I do plan on opening the other factions up once people are more accustomed to the universe.  Don't fear character death too much, but don't go throwing yourselves to the wolves.

The are overpowering but elegant.  They often relate to the identity and abilities of the maker, and tend to be highly specialized. Their purpose is often clear from their design and they tend to be intimidating in appearance or effect, and are less effective in the hands of anyone else.  They will often draw on innate powers of the wielder and have a regal aspect. 

This immediately reminds me of FATE.

Well, this should solve the lacking potential for excessive violence.

Ultimately I kind of had to just put up a WIP, because I couldn't quite settle on the Advantages yet.

He's off to a good start.  At least his Training will be easy to write. 

Familiarity is trickier - depends on whether or not he's pleasant company off the battlefield or spends his time being utterly terrifying.

Knowledge might be a little out of left-field, but Traditional Smithing seems like a good one; sure, he'll use the latest technology, but he enjoys personally hand-forging weaponry on his days off. 

He's off to a good start.  At least his Training will be easy to write. 

Familiarity is trickier - depends on whether or not he's pleasant company off the battlefield or spends his time being utterly terrifying.

Knowledge might be a little out of left-field, but Traditional Smithing seems like a good one; sure, he'll use the latest technology, but he enjoys personally hand-forging weaponry on his days off. 

Yeah, the smithing may be about right - I've actually considered taking Craft at 3, before I decided to have him have some actual social aptitude. And on that note - I mean, he's kinda terrifying regardless, but he doesn't actively do that in his off time, no. That's better spent throwing a party to celebrate the latest battle because did you see how I tore that tank to pieces it was amazing.

So I suppose the Familiarity would have either to do with his squad, or cutting loose. Because you just know a guy that intense can party hard.

Also, I thought I saw it and I can't find it. Was there a general recommendation for spending and spreading attributes?

(Sorry for the double post.)

Bearing is basically social/emotional offence while Composure is social/emotional defense, if I'm right. Then guile is...social agility, maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back