• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Dome

The Sentinel cautiously thought over his next words, "To put it simply, I'll be a massive benefit to you and your rebels regardless of my alterior motives. You get to keep your role of killing dirty scum politicians, and this helps me advance in status, which will help the rebellion's plans, do on, and so forth." He gave the warmest smile he could muster, being a cold blooded manipulative killer, and said, "It would be an honor to help serve the Noble cause of the rebellion."

The Sentinel didn't actually care for the rebellion at all, but if helping them was useful, sobeit. He decided to change the mood and hit the more personal string.

He took a step closer to her arms open in a welcoming gesture and happily added, "And despite all of that, you would be a valuabke asset regardless of your affiliation. Your talented and powerful, smart, a quick thinker, and if we're being honest, stunning enough to dumfound most male opponents without lifting a dagger. With my help, you can walk the streets free of shame and proud of your heritage."

The hook had been set, time to see if she took the bait. The best lies were the ones mostly true. She was, after all, beautiful, and The Sentinel couldn't duscover why this thought made him blush albeit only a little.

Raethlynn mulled over his words carefully hanging on to every sentence he spoke. It didn't really matter his motives they could both have their own personal agenda and work with each other. The politicians were a common enemy after all. What really peaked the female assassin's interest was is personal compliment.

Despite who the man worked for, being The Sentinel was no small feat. The fact he was complimenting her was like being noticed by a master. It had been awhile since Raethlynn heard a compliment, her rebel father never spoke ill of her but never complimented her either.

"Walk the streets?" She questioned out loud her eyes drifting towards the window. She had always hid in secret and the idea of living a somewhat normal life was very appealing.

"I want better living conditions." she spoke after all her house was a bit on the poor side. "You supply me information that we need and a decent home with nice clothes too and proper food, I'll kill whoever you want me to." It sounded like she could be bought easily, but she really didn't see the harm in it. The assassin could trust him for now, couldn't she?

Raethlynn held out her right hand towards him ready to shake on the deal.

Baited and hooked. She was in. The Sentinel could not restrain a massive grin spreading a cross his face. This was going to be a fruitful and prosperous partnership. The Sentinle listened to her words and looked around at her house. He had to remove all evidence of her existence. He looked at her and promptly said, "Take and pack whatever you think you will absolurtely need that won't be rpovided, The Sentinel is about to burn down the house of a legendary assassin in order to ensure she never kills again.

The Sentinel was well aware of the fact that his house was enormous, and empty, but he didn't feel like so lightly putting a professional assassin in his own home, but sacrifices must be made. She would still sleep very far away from him and he would sleep with an eye open and a trap set. He then looked at her and. while trying to retain a somewhat believable smile said, "You shall be joining me in my own homw, it's open, empty, and much nicer than your soon to be ash shack." He would lead her personally to keep a close eye on her and conceal her identity. The only other person in his home that would know of her existence would be Grey eye, The Sentinels old blond butler who ran the maids and affairs o his home for The Sentinel.

The Sentinel then looked at her and said, "What do you say? Are coming with me?"

Raethlynn looked at him a bit unsure when he mentioned she would be staying with him. Granted he might run more risk bringing an assassin into his home, but there was risk for her in staying at the Sentinel's home.

"Deal" she said shaking his hand before turning to go to the only bedroom and mostly grabbed a bag full of various weapons and poisons. She didn't look back twice as she stepped out of the door and turned to face her shack of a home. Raethlyn gave a soft chuckle "legendary assassin." he whispered under her breath in a small amusement. Was she really that well known?

The assassin's eyes drifted over to the man curious of his place and what he really wanted out of her. After all if he was trying to move up in status wouldn't he want the politicians still alive? It was all quite curious to her, one she looked forward to sating.

The Sentinel lit the flames and watched calmly as the house burned for a moment, he then turned around and started walking away, "Let's go."

The Sentinel lead her through alleys backstreets and twisting roads going through increasingly fancier houses as they went. Eventually they appeared at the front of a massive, dreary, and dull, dark grey stone mansion. The Sentinel knocked on the massive dark oak doors which were slowly opened by a butler like figure with grey faded eyes and who was slightly on the older side of men. The Sentinel smiled at the sight of his butler, "Good evening Grey eye, we have a guest, she is to attended to and wat... taken care of constantly while she is in my home. No one is to know of her existence except you, me, her, and any others I so choose. If you deem it necessary to employ a few maids do so but keep their mouths sown shut."

The Sentinel then turned to Raethlynn, "This is my butler Grey eye, need anything, ask him." The Sentinel started walking in and then stopped and turned around, "And don't underestimate him just because he is blind. He might be able o handle either one of us despite his deficiency."

The Butler bowed in respect and began leading the three through the endless bleak corridors of The Sentinel's home. It was all very depressing, when the Grey eye opened the door to the guest bedroom dust came falling down. The room clearly hadn't been used in quite sometime, if ever. The Sentinel happily turned to her and gestured to inside the room. "You will be staying here." He said with a smile. "Grey eye will manage your affairs and contact me if you need me, otherwise we shall meet only for breakfast and dinner at a regular schedule and have very little interaction inside outside planned meetings or co-missions."

The Sentinel waited for a reply intending to go to his quarters as soon as she let him go.

Raethlynn watched the flames lick up every memory she had in that dreaded home. Not that it was bad, but it wasn't good either. She often spent her nights alone patching up a wound from something or another. The assassin often wondered if she would go crazy only talking to herself. Sure there were the rebel forces, but it was better to not make friends. Emotional attachment to a person could only be used as a weapon, at least that's what her father taught her. The adopted assassin often wondered if she could watch the man who raised her without shedding a tear.

Just like that Raethlynn was about to explore a completely new way of life and a new set of rules. If anything got shady she was that much closer to The Sentinel and if anything she could gather information and vanish. There weren't many down sizes to their arrangement, or so she thought.

The houses were fancier now something the assassin never took the time to admire as she walked the familiar streets in the dark like a shadow going in for her next kill. It was nice to walk somewhat in the open and feel a tad bit safer with her company and truly admire the fancier districts. When they got to his home her eyes looked over the dreary household and wondered if there ever had been a child's laughter echoing in the bleak hallways.

There was something crawling up in the pit of her stomach as she looked over the butler following him down the hallway to what would be hear new living quarters. Was it nerves? The fact she'd be waited on hand and foot made her extremely uncomfortable. Raethlynn waved her hand in front of her face as dust fell from the door opening. Sure it was a bit dusty and a hint of must in the air, but nothing she couldn't clean and an open window couldn't fix.

"Thank you..." Raethlynn said sheepishly as she looked down a bit shy.

The Sentinel nodded, "My pleasure. Remember, these arrangements are predicated upon our agreement, fail, or betray, it all goes away." The Sentinel walked off a little bit and grabbed his butler as he walked.

He leaned in closer to his butler, "I want you to monitor her and have someone watch her every move. Let me know if she seems comfortable, uneasy, happy with our deal, or disappointed. "

The Butler tilted his head slightly in curiosity, "This sounds like a business arrangement, I was hoping it was an arrangement of the other kind."

The Sentinel became very upset and flustered by the man's words, "No, just business, purely business. Just do your job." And with that, The Sentinel walked away to go to his own living quarters. It had been a long day and he needed to get working on how to best apply his new asset.

The assassin looked through everything in the room making sure there was nothing she needed to worry about she even looked for possible traps in the room. Satisfied that there was no threat in her new sleeping quarters she began to unpack her weapons.

"I should have spoken with my father about this arrangement..." she thought to herself and looked around the room "it's better this way." she thought. After all this just meant she would have more information regarding the sentinel. After all he was the rebellion's biggest threat.

Raethlynn took advantage of her new living conditions with a nice bath and a new wardrobe. She was just used to wearing peasant clothing outside of her assassin outfit that was more boyish but practical. She ran a comb through her long wet hair as she hummed a soft tune to herself. It had been a long day and she wouldn't see the Sentinel until the next morning at breakfast so the girl simply took the rest of the evening to relax.

The next day Raethlynn was up early and dressed as she walked out of her room taking a look around she decided she would do a bit of exploring before having to meet the Sentinel for breakfast.

The Sentinel stayed up late into the night planing, scheming, and reading. Today had been... strange, to say the least. The Sentinel stayed up very very late. The butler found him slumped over papers drooling on his desk. The Candle was lit illuminating the countless police reports, newspapers, and other documentations he had been reading over. There were also pages upon pages of notes strewn all over the place. The Butler shook his head and put a blanket over his unconscious master. The Butler put out the candle and shut he door.

The Next morning The Sentinel woke up bleary eyed. He did his basic morning routine and managed to stumble out his room some time after waking up. Breakfast, he wanted breakfast. The Sentinel meandered his way down the hall to the kitchen to find his butler was already making something. The Butler bowed slightly, "Master, it is good to see you."

The Sentinel blearily responded, "Morning, what's for breakfast?"

The Butler smiled, "Pancakes sir!"

The Sentinel was regaining his normal serious composure, "Excellent choice, pancakes are great for morale and provide great comfort luring our ally into a further sense of trust."

The Butler didn't respond and The Sentinel simply walked over to the table and sat down, his mind now playing the political game again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back