• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Devil's Throne - IC [Open]

Anais Ravenswood

Anais's laughter echoed down the halls as she ran, darting between two more servants she jumped through the archway which lead outside and to the gardens. As soon as the sunlight touched her face she let out an excited squeal, her pearls of laughter filled the air as she caught her breath. When Aalie came running in behind her, she grinned. "I win". she teased, sticking her tongue out. It was only when her sister started signing that Anais realized Rosaline was there, the youngest princess blinked in confusion at the woman. She then burst out in a fit of giggles as Rosaline signed her explanation. "Well played" she both said, and signed.

It was a perfect day, not a cloud in the sky, and all the flowers looked marvelous. Anais started picking some to make into flower crowns, when Willand arrived. She flashed a big smile for the gardener, which quickly turned into an excited grin as he mentioned the little kitten. "Oh! I'll find it, I'll find it!" she cried out. "And when I do, I'm gonna name him Snowball!" she cheered and then started searching under the bushes and in the flower beds. "here kitty kitty kitty". she said softly hoping to coax the shy creature out.

Misty Gray Misty Gray Jess Buck Jess Buck

index.php

Aalie Nicole Ravenswood

Aalie caught her breath and straightened her back as she took in the morning sun. She smiled brightly and closed her eyes, really letting it wash her over when she heard the voice of the gardener, Willard. She looked to him with the same bright smile as she remembered all of the stories he'd tell her as a child.
"Good Morning Willard." She said to him, still signing to Rosaline could understand. Rosaline also signed her greeting. At mention of the kitten, Anais sprung into action to find the creature. Aalie chuckled as she watched her sister look for the cat. Rosaline decided that she'd help the young princess find the kitten, and she began looking in the opposite direction. Aalie found a nearby bench and sat down; she wished more days were like this. Calm, carefree, warm, but she knew that once today was over, everything would go right back to how it had always been.

cd006310cd575581b41422bb28d8acc9.jpg

Lyle James Dubois

Lyle smiled as Christopher described his sister to him. He nodded and took a sip of his tea. "My grandmother would always tell me to find a woman who was just as clever as I was, because she'd challenge me to be better." He chuckled thinking back to his grandmother. "And if I am ever to be the King of France, I want to be the best I can be." He nodded to Christopher, "I'm sure you can understand that sentiment." Lyle reached over to pick up an apple before taking a bite. All of this food was here, he sure wasn't going to waste it.

Misty Gray Misty Gray StarryKnights StarryKnights Plutoni Plutoni sprouhtt sprouhtt

Anais Ravenswood
Anais was crawling under benches and peeking through bushes, searching for the adorable little fluff ball she knew was hiding some where. "here kitty kitty, come on...i won't hurt you". she giggled as she popped up and out of a bush. Her dress was now filthy, streaked with dirt, and she had leaves caught in her hair. Well, more leaves, given she was wearing a flower crown. Spotting Aalie sitting on a bench, Anais stood and walked over to her sister. "Can't find it". She said as she crossed her arms. It seemed Rosaline was looking too, she wondered if the woman was having more luck than she did. "Hey, Rosie!" Anais called out to the woman as she walked over, it was a force of habit, even though she knew Rosaline couldn't hear. As she crossed the garden to see if Rosaline was having better luck, she saw a little patch of white flash through some purple flowers. "Oooh!'

Anais dropped down to her knees, parting the flowers she found herself face to face with a small kitten. The poor thing let out a tiny, terrified meow as the princess reached out for it. "Hi there kitty...its okay, I won't hurt you". she smiled, and then frowned as the cat took off running, toward Rosaline. "Hey! Snowball!" she stood, and ran after the kitten, seeing Rosaline Anais paused. *it went that way* she signed, pointing to the left.

Jess Buck Jess Buck Misty Gray Misty Gray

Christopher Ravenswood

aef743f91585fa52769986043fa71f30-johnathan-rhys-meyers-jonathan-rhys-jpg.335186

Christopher watched Lena closely as she poured the tea, on the inside praying she wouldn't spill any on the French Prince or himself. He thanked her once she had finished and took a quick sip to taste it. He then diverted his attention back to Lyle and listened carefully to what he was saying, nodding in agreement. "Your grandmother sounds wide. You should always strive to improve - nothing worthwhile is achieved through complacency." He ate a little food before continuing to speak. "I believe Azalea can be the wife you need by your side in France," he assured him. Perhaps with a little encouragement and educating, he thought.

Once breakfast was done with, Christopher rose from his seat. "Come, I will show you the gardens and introduce you to two of my sisters," he said, having seen Aalie and Anais wandering around the gardens. On his way out, he turned to Lena. "Once you have cleaned up here, come find me," he requested, but gave no inclination as to why.

As they reached the gardens, with Rowan following close by, Christopher noticed something rustling in the nearby hedges, but didn't react to it. Once he had caught his sisters' eyes, he waved the girls over. Once they were standing opposite, he would motion to them respectfully. "Lyle, this is Aalie, my second sister and this is Anais, my youngest sister." He then looked to Lyle. "Girls, this is Prince Lyle Dubois of France," he introduced them. Seeing Rosaline, who he thought was a decent girl, he made sure to introduce her too, signing as he spoke. "This is Aalie's lady in waiting, Rosaline," he added.

"Excuse me a moment," he said, leaving his sisters to respond to Lyle. Christopher approached the hedge and crouched down for a moment. With his back to the others, they wouldn't be able to see what he was doing. He eventually stood back up and turned around, holding the small white kitten against his chest. Now he knew why the girls had appeared to be acting oddly around the gardens. "Did someone lose this?" he flatly asked. He had two choices at that moment. Get the animal far away from the palace or do something he knew would make his sisters happy. Perhaps he liked animals or perhaps he wanted to make a good impression in front of Lyle, so he approached Anais and handed the kitten to her. He figured his youngest sister had already been deprived of her human friend. He didn't really have any words to accompany his gesture.

Jess Buck Jess Buck StarryKnights StarryKnights sprouhtt sprouhtt Plutoni Plutoni

Interacting w/: Misty Gray Misty Gray
Mentioned: Jess Buck Jess Buck Plutoni Plutoni StarryKnights StarryKnights
Action: Nothing really, just standing a couple of feet away from Christopher
Feelings?: Still Hungry & Tired

Lena still felt a bit lightheaded, but she wasn't going to let that stop her from doing her chores. Lena would put people before her, even the most selfish person she would put before her. Lena had a compassionate heart, and wanted to make sure everyone was satisfied before she could do anything for herself. For this, it was taking a toll on her. Lena's body was a bit weak, but not all the way. Lena watched Christopher's body language and how he spoke to the French Prince. This man had two faces, or maybe this was just him, but less annoyed. Christopher confused Lena at times, and she really didn't like that.

When she looked up from where she was standing, she saw that the two Prince's were done eating. Lena waited until they had gotten up from their seats and away from the table. She made her way there and began cleaning up. She saw that most of the food was gone, they sure can eat, she thought to herself. Before Lena could even pick up the plate, she heard Christopher's voice and immediately listened to what he had to say. "Yes." She softly said as she continued to work. Lena's little heart began to pound as quick as possible, what could he ever want with her? More work? Shoes to be shined? What? Why couldn't he just tell her? Or maybe it was something that she did, or possibly said? Uh oh.

Lena finished bringing all the plates and cups and silverware to the trolley before she wiped down the table. When she was done, she took the trolley and headed out of the room. Lena decided to go to the kitchen first before going to Christopher. When she brought the trolley down, she decided to take her time, and wash the plates and everything herself. She knew she would have less work to do later. Before she headed out to find Christopher, she took a glass and poured some water into it. She gulped down the water as quick as possible. As soon as she finished drinking her water, she made her way towards the garden where she heard them talking about going.

Lena walked down the hallway, thinking about what could Christopher ever want with her? Lena tried not to think of anything to hard. She knew she was getting close to the gardens when she heard talking. Lena peaked her head out before she hesitantly made her way towards Christopher. But she stopped about seven feet away from him. Lena's hands were already slightly trembling and this hot sun beaming down on her wasn't going to help at all. She saw that his two sisters were outside, and Lena sometimes felt embarrassed in front of them. They didn't have to lift a finger in this house and got everything they wanted.

"Uh..." she softly said but with the voice that she has, nobody could possibly hear her, so she stayed quiet.

Cassandra Summers

Untitled.png

Cassandra had been walking the palace searching for Azalea. When she reached the ballroom, she carefully opened the door to see the eldest princess dancing alone in the large room. The princess looked like an angel and it brought a smile to Cassandra's face. The palace seemed so bright and relaxed that morning, but it only made Cassandra feel more cautious. She'd felt much darkness throughout the palace the previous day that she wasn't going to get comfortable with this pleasant day. She didn't want to interrupt Azalea, but she had been given orders by the king to do so.

"Your highness," Cassandra called out to Azalea. "I'm sorry to disturb you, but your father sent me to find you. He has asked that you change into something more formal and then come meat Prince Lyle," she told her. "I don't think it was a request," she added, pulling an awkward expression. She was sure Azalea would not like this, so she hated being the messenger.​

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Anais Ravenswood

Anais chased after the little fur ball, seeing it hide in a bush she dropped down onto her knees and fully meant to crawl after it when she heard approaching footsteps and voices. She recognized one, and immediately froze. It was Christopher. Standing she did her best to brush off the dirt and grass as Christopher entered the gardens, followed by a man Anais assumed was the french prince. As they were waved over Anais gulped. Moving as directed, Anais stood opposite of her brother and curtsied as she was introduced. "...Pleased to meet you sir" she replied spoke softly, she flashed the foreign prince a smile, and hoped she didn't appear to be as nervous as she felt. She fiddled with her fingers, and prayed this was going to be a brief meeting. Odds were they were on their way to meet Azalea, and Anais could only imagine how well that would go over. She feared the day it would be her turn to marry, by then Christopher would be king and... She didn't want to think to hard about that. Instead, she focused on being as pleasant as possible, so this meeting would go over well. Normally she might've acted out a little but not with Chris here.
As he elder brother excused himself and turned away, Anais visibly relaxed some.

In that brief moment her thoughts turned to this prince, he was pretty and all, but didn't think Azalea was going to like him much. She never liked her suitors.
As Christoper stood and turned around, it was revealed he'd found Snowball, Anais paled at the sight of the kitten pressed against her brother's chest. "That's..." she took a half step forward, reaching out toward the kitten, but froze as she realized what she was doing. Christopher's flat tone made her heart skip a beat, ever since what had happened to lily the very sight of her eldest brother was enough to make her nervous. Actually having to converse with him amplified that nervousness by twenty. "N-no it's...a stray...Willard said it was living in the garden so we were trying to catch it...". She lowered her hand and took a step back, her eyes moved to the ground as she spoke. She half expected Christopher to toss the kitten over the garden wall...or at the very least back into the bushes. What she wasn't expecting was Christoper to hand her the kitten, she tensed as he took a step toward her, but her eyes widened in surprise as he held out the mewling baby. Reaching up she cupped her hands and held the little bundle of fur close to her heart.
"T-thank you brother...". she spoke, looking at Chris for a split second. She offered him a timid smile before looking down and scratching the little kitten's head. The poor thing was skin and bones under its fur, Anais knew she was going to have to nurse it back to health.

For a split second she wished Lily was there, as Anais had no idea how to go about doing that...but her friend might've. Lily knew about lots of stuff. Thinking of her departed companion erased the smile from Anais's face. She couldn't cry in front of Chris and Lyle, she silently hoped the two of them would be on their way soon.

Misty Gray Misty Gray Jess Buck Jess Buck

tumblr_olyaw67D9n1sujf5so1_500.jpg
gallery_hero_d5381b21-7db2-489d-8c06-742b55bc5193.jpg
Azalea had danced for quite some time, and she would've kept doing so if Cassandra hadn't entered, she eased into a curtsy as she walked into the ballroom, but Azalea's smile quickly slid from her face and crashed to the floor.

She stormed over to the garden windows without a word, pushing her anger down so that it could explode later. Her nails dug into her palms in contained anger as she stared below at the gardens, watching Christopher hand Anaise soothed her anger a bit and made her wonder. Deep down, she knew he was somewhere, buried beneath a mask of cruelness and cold exterior. He was her brother, after all.

But seeing "Lyle", as Liam told her was his name, quickly restored her anger, she felt herself glaring unintentionally at him before she grabbed both of the red drapes harshly and snapped them shut. She whipped around to Cassandra as she stormed for the exit, "Thank you, Cassandra. I know you mean well." She forced out calmly, a hint of buried anger in her voice before slamming the ballroom doors wide open and moving at a quick pace for her bedroom.

She knew it was not Cassandra's fault, the only one to blame was her father. She had guessed Christopher wasn't babysitting Lyle by choice, but she also didn't see Christopher complaining much. She was sure he'd love to see her gone off to France with someone she hardly knew. Probably to get her out of his hair, because besides Arthur she seemed to be the only one to ever raise a finger against him.

It made Azalea stop and think as she picked a dress from her wardrobe in her room. She stared out her window, which overlooked the village. Christopher had wanted to ship Arthur into the battlefield. It made her stomach churn at the thought of it. Perhaps he had meant nothing by it, anything to push his siblings away, or perhaps he did. It made her wonder that if he in fact did, did he truly care for them?

Not knowing if her own brother cared for them or not made it all the more reason she had to make sure this marriage did not happen. Azalea could not leave her siblings with just Christopher, especially when he became King. Mother did not stop him, did not advise him, or be firm as a mother should. The task was hers to keep her siblings hearts light for as long as possible.

"It is a most curious sight to watch you think, Azalea," Liam said from behind her, whom was currently laying on her bed, arms crossed behind his head and one leg crossed over the other as he lay lazily on the bed, an expression of charming roguish ease. Daughter-stealer.

"It's rude to spy on a lady when she is undressed, Monsieur." Azalea replied in an amused, teasing tone, whom in fact was only in her undergarments.

Azalea did not require servants to help her change. When she was a child she thought it unnecessary. Azalea was independent and therefor could dress herself. Besides, it seemed a little undermining to dress someone she thought. The only time servants were ever in her room was when Azalea needed helping tying up a dress or getting fitted with a corset, and even then she asked, not requested, not that it made much of a difference to the servants. They still felt they had to either way, it made her a bit sad honestly. She'd be happy if one refused her, but so far they had yet naught.

Azalea jumped on the bed next to him, he turned unto his side and propped himself on his elbow, she did the same and faced him with a weary sigh. Liam brushed a blonde wave hanging in front of her face and tucked it behind her ear, a look of concern on his chiseled features. "What are you thinking?" He asked calmly, and curiously.

"I'm thinking I should get dressed. Before Cassandra barges in here and skins both our hides." Azalea joked with a forced quirked smile. He raised an eyebrow, unbelieving. And so words spilled from her mouth and she found herself confessing all her deepest concerns to him. Liam had wise words to advise her, and comforted her anxious mood. He advised her on how to deal with the Prince, based on what he knew of his personality thus far.

Soon after Azalea was dressed in a pretty blue gown, she left her hair how it was, smooth, brushed and unsettled, traveling in long waves, she applied a bit of makeup as usual and she found herself walking towards the gardens, Liam accompanying her at her side, and he would trail just a bit behind her when in public.

She hesitated at the open door way that lead into the gardens. Liam stood by her, the sunlight hitting there faces as she stared at the group of people that was her siblings and the prince in silent contemplation. "Strip his confidence. It is what he holds closest." Liam whispered in her ear, Azalea exhaled and nodded in acknowledgement. She'd never dealt with a Prince before. She supposed it was only a matter of time before it happened. She was still figuring out where to lock him.

Azalea then took notice of Anaise, whom she had caught a glimpse of her expression, which looked distraught, a struggle between trying to look happy and trying not to break into tears. Azalea rushed to her sisters aid. She gracefully brushed past Christopher and Lyle and joined Anaise's side, gently prodding the poor girl behind her and giving her arm a gentle, supportive squeeze as she did so, so that Anaise could be more hidden from sight, should she decide to let a few tears slip. She faced the boys.

"We missed you at breakfast, Christopher." Azalea said, addressing her brother first before she turned to Lyle, "Bonjour, Monsieur." Azalea greeted, whom had a very plausible French accent. "I was not expecting your arrival. I have heard only the most interesting things about you." Azalea said with a sweet smile, though the tone she said it in did not indicate it was a compliment.

StarryKnights StarryKnights Jess Buck Jess Buck Misty Gray Misty Gray

tumblr_mc3zn7Dhgq1qb9o83o1_400.jpg

Aalie Nicole Ravenswood

Aalie just watched her sister and Rosaline look for the kitten. She was comfortable on the bench and happy to just bask in the beautiful day. She let her mind wander to the future and what it would hold for her. She was certain that she'd be married off. The Prince of France was here for Azalea so it only was a matter of time before some prince from a far away land came for her as well. Aalie was resigned to the fact, and found comfort in the prospects of seeing what was outside of England. She'd be able to experience an entirely different culture and learn all about it's history. Her mind then wandered to her eldest brother. She feared for her brother, feared he'd never truly be happy if he kept going as he was now. Despite his cruelty, Aalie could not bring herself to hate him. She knew of the kindhearted, playful brother she once had, and she knew he was in there somewhere. He had to be. Her thoughts were brought back to reality when Christopher approached with a strange man. One presumably the Prince of France. Aalie quickly stood upright and waved over Rosaline and Anais. Rosaline came instantly and stood just off Aalie's shoulder. It took Anais a second to realize who was here before she came scurrying over. Each girl gave the foreign prince a bow, and Aalie was surprised at Christopher for signing his introduction to Rosie as well. She smiled to herself. "There's my big brother..." She thought before speaking,
"Welcome to England, Your Highness. I sincerely hope you enjoy your stay." That wasn't a lie. Aalie did hope he had a nice time in England. However she didn't know if Azalea would make it very nice. Aalie's attention was taken away from the Prince as she noticed her brother handing a small white kitten over to Anais. To say Aalie was shocked was an understatement, but she once again smiled to herself. "I knew he was in there..." She thought to herself, seeing glimpses of the real Christopher always made Aalie hopeful for what lies ahead with his rule. Just as Aalie was about to address the Prince again, Azalea came in and tucked Anais behind her swiftly before greeting the prince. Aalie had to stifle a chuckle as she watched the exchange. This Frenchman had no idea what he was getting himself into.

Lyle James Dubois

Lyle smiled and nodded in agreeance. "I hope so." He said, in regards to Azalea being a good wife. And once breakfast was over, Christopher showed Lyle to the gardens. Lyle made sure to memorize where they were going as to not get lost later, and once they reached the gardens he was once again impressed by the beauty of each flower. He wished to stop and study them for a moment but the English Prince was not one for smelling roses it seemed. He was quickly introduced to two of his sisters and a lady in waiting. The girl seemed to be deaf as Christopher was signing for her. Lyle gave them all a polite bow before speaking.
"Thank you for allowing me into your home. I must say, so far of what I've seen is beautiful. The gardens included." He said flirtatiously, giving the girls a wink. He looked around at the flowers curiously, there were many he'd never seen before and he intended on asking the gardener...Oh what was his name?...Willard! He intended on asking Willard what all of them were. He was snapped back to reality by another woman sweeping past him, tucking the youngest princess behind her. And by her casualness with Christopher, he could only assume that his woman in front of him was Princess Azalea. Lyle took a moment to soak in her features. Long blonde hair, the youngest had sandy hair and the middle girl had red. He wondered where they all got it from. Brilliant blue eyes, at least all of the girls had that in common. A dainty nose, and soft lips. In all his life, Lyle had never met someone so beautiful. He bowed to her respectfully and he smiled as he heard her speak almost perfect French. He stood before saying,
"Bonjour Mademoiselle." He chuckled at her tone. He could tell that she did not want him here. All the more challenge for him. "I have also heard many intriguing things about you Your Highness. I've heard many a tale about your beauty." He said, taking her hand, "None of which, did you any justice. You are more beautiful than I could have imagined." He complimented, kissing her hand lightly. What he said was not a lie. He had heard stories of the beautiful princess in England. But they never prepared him for the woman standing in front of him.

StarryKnights StarryKnights Misty Gray Misty Gray Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Christopher Ravenswood
aef743f91585fa52769986043fa71f30-johnathan-rhys-meyers-jonathan-rhys-jpg.335186

Christopher could see the relief on Anais' face when he'd handed her the kitten. When she thanked him, he opened his mouth but not words came out. He didn't see what harm the innocent animal could do, so he had no genuine reason to ask for it to be removed, especially as he'd been specifically ordered by his father to see to it that Lyle's meeting with Azalea ran free of drama. Drama would be upsetting his youngest sister by not letting her take the kitten. Still, he could tell his presence still unsettled his sister. "Perhaps you should ask Willard for help? " he suggested, seeing as the old man had told her to find the animal in the first place. The gardener was always tending to some creature that stumbled into the garden.

When Azalea arrived on the scene and dressed appropriately to meet her potential future husband, Christopher smiled to himself. He'd expected his sister to make it difficult and make the situation even more tedious for him, but she'd shown up without any fuss. Perhaps his pleasant mood could go on longer than he'd anticipated. Upon hearing her say they'd missed him at breakfast, Christopher almost scoffed at the comment. He knew his absence would have been a breath of fresh air for most of his family, just how being away from the king was preferable for him. "I missed you too, Azalea," he replied, trying his best to make it sound enthusiastic.

Christopher observed as Azalea and Lyle introduced themselves to each other. His sister had a tone, but that was to be expected. Besides, Lyle did say he liked a challenge. He decided to take this opportunity to remove himself from the sickly situation. "Azalea, take Lyle for a tour around the gardens," he told her. He wanted to give them the chance to speak to each other without everyone staring. "I shall come find you in a while." He then turned to Lyle and flashed a smile. "We are holding a banquet in the large dining hall this evening as a show of hospitality. You and those who have accompanied you here are all welcome to join us."

Once he had finished speaking with Azalea and Lyle, he walked away. His youngest sisters would be free to continue as they were, no doubt now tending to the kitten with Willard.

Christopher approached Lena, who he'd been aware was standing nearby like some timid mouse. "A couple of things," he began, straight to the point. "Firstly, I am relieving you of part of your duties. You are no longer required to tend to me in my room in the morning nor at night. I see no need for it and I desire privacy," he seriously told her. It was something his father had always insisted on, but Christopher had always been uncomfortable with. It wasn't just the fact he was due to be married very soon, but he was also in a position where he didn't want people having access to snooping around. It wasn't that he didn't trust Lena... he simply trusted very few people. Even those few couldn't know everything. "Secondly, I need you to take her," he began, pointing to a nearby servant, Sarah, "and help set up in the banquet hall. Cassandra will be there to guide you, I'm sure. Are we clear?" he asked. Christopher knew Sarah's name - she'd been working there for years - but he didn't wish to address the servant by her name. Why would he need to?

Jess Buck Jess Buck Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow sprouhtt sprouhtt StarryKnights StarryKnights

Lennie Brooks

Messenger bag hanging from one shoulder, the gold beads in her hair clinking against each other with each step, the lanky woman sifted through three pieces of mail in her hand. Pieces of nothing, request from the commoners she knew the prince would hear none of- people had started writing to him to gain favor. She put the three together and tore them in half all at once, then tucked the tattered papers into the outside of her bag. The heels of her boots clicked along the marble floor as she strolled down the hallway, now with nothing to do and seemingly no one to approach and strike conversation with. Her thoughts wandered to the eldest princess, now a fine young woman with a spirit like none other- and one who would never look twice at a simple courier.

For a moment she wished she was on a street and there was a random rock she could kick along the road, something she could take out her frustration and restlessness on. And the walls of this place were sheer, nothing to climb. A quiet chirping alerted her and Lennie looked up to see her friend perched on a candlestick. She lifted her hand and the young owl swooped down to land on her wrist, bending over to nuzzle her shoulder. Lennie ran the back of her free hand over the owl's head. "Hey there, Barnes," she muttered quietly. In response Barnes walked up her arm, over her head, to go perch on the strap of her messenger bag. "Anything for me today?" Barnes stuck out a leg and indeed a small parcel was tied to it. The woman grinned and untied it, unwrapped the parcel, and two fat gold coins tumbled out onto her palm. She pet the owl, quick to pocket the coins. "Good job, Barnes, very good job." After that, she walked in silence, her owl content to do the same.

Interacting w/: N/A
Mentioned: Misty Gray Misty Gray
Action: Looking around for Cassandra
Feelings?: Still Hungry & Tired

Lena was surprised to hear that Christopher was releasing her of her duties to attend him. He needed privacy. Lena couldn't quite understand, but she said nothing. A part of her was going to miss serving him...what was she thinking. She nodded twice at Christopher's words before she lowed her head and turned around. Lena began making her way back into the castle. Lena felt like she didn't really have a purpose anymore. She felt like she was back to being just another servant. When she was serving Christopher, she was titled as Christopher's Servant. But now it was just 'servant'. Lena didn't really like the sound that it had to it.

When Lena entered the castle once more, she was going to have to look for Cassandra. That woman is always going off about something, but Lena didn't mind her. Lena also forgot that she was taking another servant named Sarah with her. Lena heard her rushing footsteps behind her. Lena didn't really say anything, she kept quiet, which was normal for her. Lena tried to listen for Cassandra's voice, but she couldn't hear anything. The castle sure was quiet this morning.

Anais Ravenswood

Anais peeked back up at her brother as he spoke to her. To look elsewhere while being addressed by the eldest prince might've been seen as rude, and she didn't want to upset her brother. He seemed to be in a good mood at the moment...or maybe he was just acting in order to impress the french prince. Anais couldn't tell, she was usually pretty good at reading people, but her eldest brother was the exception to that rule. Even before what had happened with Lily, Anais had been uneasy around her brother, he just had this...vibe about him that she found off putting. Now though, she could hardly bring herself to look the man in the eyes, whenever she does she just thinks about how they were probably one of the last things Lily saw...and that broke her heart. "...That's a...good idea...I'll ask him...". she mumbled her response and lowered her eyes in the process. She just wanted Chris and this prince to go away, but as Azalea arrived on scene, Anais knew that at least one of them would be staying longer. She flashed her eldest sister a smile as she squeezed her shoulder and happily moved behind her so she could deal with the french prince.

When Christopher excused himself Anais breathed a small sigh of relief, once the prince was gone she turned and left, off to find Willard. She hoped Azalea scared off the prince, she didn't want her sister being married off. Mainly because she didn't want her to leave, when Azalea was gone Anais didn't know who was going to stand up to Christopher...aside from Arthur maybe. She kept a firm but gentle hold on the kitten as she walked, scratching it on the head she offered it a small smile. The sweet creature would provide a much needed distraction for the princess, she didn't want to think about how the drastically everything would change once Azalea was gone. The headstrong princess was one of two siblings brave enough to stand up to both Chris and their father. Once she was gone...it wouldn't be long before Aalie was married off, and then Anais would be more alone than ever. It was a scary thought, made all the scarier by the fact it was inevitable.
One day soon Azalea would be married off whether she liked it or not...and then Aalie and then it would be Anais turn...

By the time she found Willard the young princess was wiping away tears with one hand while holding the kitten with the other. She was realizing how helpless she really was in all of this...and she hated it. All she could do was sit back and watch while her life was planned out for her, she had no choice.
She couldn't even take solace in the company of the servants now... The thoughts scared and angered her, shaking her head she tried to chase the thoughts away as she showed the kitten to the gardener.

"We found it!' she said with all the cheerfulness she could muster. "I'm going to call it Snowball...". The little kitten meowed, it had given up trying to squirm its way out of Anais's hands and instead was nestled between her palms, every wary of the fact it was up much, much higher than normal.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Willard Armstrong

550x298_top-10-movies-that-never-happened-no-4-ian-mckellen-in-x-men-origins-magneto-5908-jpg.334884

As Willard tended to one of the flowerbeds, he heard the sweet voice of the youngest princess. He stood up and turned to face her. He could see in her eyes that she had been recently crying, but he would not mention it to her, not now she was looking cheerful. He noticed the kitten she was holding and smiled. "Your Highness, that is wonderful news. I knew if anyone would find the little kitten it would only be the sweetest of princesses," he told her. When she told him the name she had given the kitten, he thought about it for a moment. "Snowball? That's an interesting name to give a kitten in summer, but I do believe it suits her... You know, that reminds me of the summer we had at least forty years ago. Do you know, it was the middle of summer and it snowed for a week. We all thought the World was ending," he said, shaking his head.

"Now, have you thought about where Snowball will sleep? I do believe she looks terribly hungry too. I'm sure a young lady of your position could procure some milk and meat from the kitchen for her."
StarryKnights StarryKnights

Cassandra Summers

untitled-png.336517

Christopher watched as Lena walked away. Despite what she thought, she would still find herself having to tend to many of his other needs and he expected her to work even harder having been given a little more time to do her duties now.

Just when Lena thought she couldn't find Cassandra, the woman entered the banquet hall and began walking around to see what had been done so far. "Girls!" her voice echoed through the large room to nobody in particular. "Did you not listen to a word I said about the flower arrangements? I said I wanted the red ones in the centre of the table. His Majesty is very particular about it," she ranted. She then looked to see Lena standing there, followed by Sarah. "Oh, more help. Wonderful," she said. "Sarah, I need you to help with the flowers. I know how much you like flowers," she kindly told her. She then looked to Lena and smiled. "Now, beautiful Lena, I need you to set out the cutlery at the tables and make sure there isn't a single blemish or fingerprint on the silverware. You know how very fussy Christopher can be." Whilst Cassandra could be bossy and strict, she cared about the servants and made sure to learn all of their names. She may be a noblewoman, but she would not belittle the staff. "Perhaps when Sarah has finished with the flowers, you can ask her to help you. I don't mind you girls talking whilst you work."

Cassandra wasn't content to simply stand and watch the servants, despite being told to do exactly that. Instead, she took it upon herself to sweep the floor - that way she could keep an eye on everything whilst also helping out.
sprouhtt sprouhtt

Anais Ravenswood
Anais smiled at Willard and held little Snowball close to her chest, the little kitten meowed softly, but seemed to be content in the princess's hands. She frowned though as the man spoke of who'd found the kitten. "...Actually...uh...it was...Christopher who found her...". she looked down at the little kitten. Her eldest brother confused and scared her, she was just happy he seemed to be in a somewhat good mood today. Else wise...little Snowball might've met a more gruesome fate. She shook her head and pushed the thoughts away as Willard spoke of a strange summer, where snow had fallen. The idea made her eyes widen, she'd never heard of such a thing before. She giggled a little at the thought, imagining all the fun she could have with an impromptu snow storm. The giggles stopped when Willard asked where Snowball would sleep, truth be told the princess hadn't thought that far ahead. She looked down at the little fur ball and smiled. "She can sleep with me! I'll make her a little kitty bed and everything...". She scratched the kitten on the head, Willard was right, the poor thing did look hungry.

Anais could easily get her something to eat from the kitchen. Looking to Willard, she smiled and nodded. "Your right! I'll go get her something to eat". she turned to leave, but paused and looked back to Willard. "Thanks Willard!'. she waved before heading inside and toward the kitchens. Her little pet was hungry and Anais knew just were to go to get her some food. Making her way toward the kitchen, Anais sighed. She wasn't supposed to go into the kitchens...but surely one quick visit wouldn't hurt. Snowball meowed a little louder as the smell of food filled the air.
"Shush now little one". Anais said as she slipped into the door.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Oh, so this would be his game? If flattery was his way to appease her then it should be easier then she thought. Still too early to categorize him yet. "Your reputation proceeds you," Monsieur." Azalea responded sweetly, it was almost hard to tell it was an obvious insult of calling him a player. Liam coughed into his handkerchief to hide a smirk and laugh.

Azalea watched everyone begin to depart, leaving her standing alone with Liam and Lyle. She turned on her heels and began to walk deeper into the gardens, "Do try to keep up, Monsieur!" She called without looking back and adding, "It's so easy to get lost out here." She smirked, though this would be hidden from Lyle as she quickened her pace, trying to be as despicable as possible.

What better way to turn get rid of someone by leaving him stranded in a garden for hours?
Jess Buck Jess Buck

Last edited:

Lyle James Dubois

Lyle chuckled and straightened his back, rubbing the back of his head. "Ah yes. I suppose it does..." He admitted. He wasn't going to lie about being a player back in France. But his intentions were pure. But he'd keep that bit of information to himself. He hoped that Azalea would find out his real intentions behind the flirting on her own. When she began walking Lyle followed behind her with ease. He knew what she was doing. A fair few of the women he had been more fond of played this game and he found it exhilarating. "Well we wouldn't want that would we?" He asked, stepping right in time with the English Princess. "To get lost I mean." He gave her a friendly smirk.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

He was not so easily dismayed, in fact he almost seemed amused by it, or perhaps he was too slow to notice. No man she'd met had ever found a sharp tongue attractive on a woman, except for Liam. Azalea was too dowry and had too much mouth, and it was only a matter of time before her father married her off wether she liked it or not.

She sped up her pace and smiled back, still much too sweetly it was almost poisonous and replied briskly, "I suppose not." She turned back to the sight in front of her, just in time to grab a tree branch and snap it back, and if Lyle didn't dunk it'd whack him right in the face. Azalea pretended as if she didn't do it intentionally and walked on. "You've met my bodyguard, Liam." She said, gliding gracefully through turns with her hands clasped behind her back. Liam nodded to Lyle, if he were to look back, and was currently trailing behind both Lyle and Azalea.

They turned through rose-trimmed hedges, passed by the marble statues in the gardens, the lilacs, the snapdragons, all were quite beautiful as they walked their way through, indeed it was a very large garden and Azalea had Willard to thank for it, whom she regarded highly.
Jess Buck Jess Buck

Lyle James Dubois

Lyle followed Azalea through the gardens, trying to take in the beauty of the flowers around them though it was difficult with the Princess walking so quickly. He wasn't paying attention and looking off at flowers when something hit him right in the face. He reeled back and put his hand to his head as he continued to follow behind. As he tried to gather himself from what had just happened, Azalea spoke, regarding her bodyguard. Lyle nodded.
"Oui, we have met." He then turned his attention to Liam "How goes it with the englishwoman you were telling me about?" He asked curiously. He saw no harm in engaging in light conversation. No need for this walk through the gardens to be a match between royalty. Although Lyle had a feeling that's the way Azalea intended it to be.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Lennie Brooks

As the pair came to an archway opening to the garden, Lennie gave Barnes a small nudge and the owl looked up at her before flying out and off to their quarters so he could go sleep at his perch. The now lone mail carrier strode out among the flowers and hedges, humming a soft tune as she went, thinking over the note that had come with her payment. She unrolled the bit of parchment and scowled at it, reading it over and over as her feet carried her, uncomfortably so, toward voices that seemed to be approaching rather than fading away. Lennie came back to the moment and stopped short before she rounded into the group. She let out a quiet sigh and leaned back against a stray bench as she folded the note away. After hours of running messages, the bench did look quite comfortable. Against better judgement, she laid back on the bench and put her bag over her eyes, arms folded across her stomach, appearing to be asleep. She heard the princess through the conversation, faintly, not enough to make out any of their words, and prayed she would be passed.

"Christopher found her?" Willard asked Anais before a smile crossed his face. "Well, isn't that interesting?" he rhetorically asked. When the princess said the kitten would sleep with her, he nodded his head. "That sounds like a marvellous plan, dear. Snowball will be very grateful." When the girl rushed off, Willard waved back at her, smiling to himself as he turned back to his flowers.

Anais would manage to slip into the kitchen and find what she needed for the kitten. A couple of servants had seen her, but made a point of pretending they hadn't. Even if she shouldn't have been in there, they weren't in a position to tell a princess what to do and they didn't even wish to. After getting what she needed and slipping back out of the kitchen, Anais would see the darkly dressed figure standing in front of her.

"What are you doing, Anais?" the king asked his daughter. He'd seen her enter the kitchen, but chose to wait for her to come back out. His accompanying guard remained silent and stood back a little. "What is that doing inside the palace?" he followed up, his tone more stern as he pointed at the kitten she was holding.

StarryKnights StarryKnights

Anais Ravenswood

Anais grabbed some meat scraps off a cutting table, and snagged a half empty bottle of milk. She had cups and little plates back in her room, perfect dishes for her little Snowball to eat out of. The kitten in question was curled comfortable in her arms, it meowed softly as the smell of food was everywhere. "Shh little one, I know your hungry". Anais spoke softly as she slipped out of the kitchen. She held up a small piece of meat, which Snowball gobbled down eagerly. "Good kitty".
The smile on her face dissipated when she noticed the tall figure standing over her. His voice was enough to snap Anais into royal protocol, almost on instinct she lowered her head and curtsied, though it was awkward given she was holding an animal and food.
"F-father I...". She peeked up at the man and tried in vain to explain the situation, but much like with Christopher she found she couldn't hold much of a conversation.

Her father was the pillar of the family, and his presence commanded respect. Anais had never spent a lot of time with him, in his older age he either lacked the desire, energy or time to spend one on one time with his youngest child. I...I found Snowball in the garden...w-well Christopher did and...". she fiddled with the kitten, scratching her behind the ears as she spoke. "...he...he said I could have her...and...suggested I ask Willard for help in caring for her an-". She froze as she realized she'd just implicated the gardener. She didn't want Willard to get in trouble.
"I...I was...h-hoping to...keep her...". she peeked up at her father. "I promise to take good care of her, and she won't bother any one in the castle...she...she could help keep mice away and...".

She was babbling and she knew it, but her father made the usually care free princess nervous.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Users who are viewing this thread

Back