• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Devil's Throne - IC [Open]

tumblr_inline_ngv7iciQhz1rcrg0y.gif
Azalea's original plan was to snatch some bread for her sisters.

But it dawned on her she'd been so busy in court meetings, politics, lessons and trying to ease the pain of some of the families whom had lost there family to executions, that she hadn't been spending as much time with them as she had wanted. The same went with her brothers. Although it was different with Christopher. It was like he didn't want anyone at his side.

Like he was scared of having anyone too close.

Anyhow, she had ended up cooking in the kitchens, it was a task made difficult considering the servants were ordered not to help, nor bring them food at all...but he didn't say she couldn't make it. It did not take long. Azalea enjoyed cooking,especially when it came to making food for others, and she was actually a great cook, she just hardly found time to cook. When she had cooked both girls favorite meals, she stacked the plates on a serving tray, and made her stealthy way back towards the rooms.

She darted through hallways, practiced grace made her silent as she tiptoed past servants and important faces. At this point her arms were killing her when she reached the end of a hallway and heard a frenchmans voice that defiantly wasn't Liam's. She exhaled exasperatedly, but what really surprised her was when she heard Liams's voice respond to the French prince.

Liam looked the French Prince up and down with observation, keeping his face respectable and calm as he dipped into a formal bow before straightening himself. "We can speak French if you want, Monsieur." Liam said, his own accent strong in his voice.

"I am sure the servants are doing there best, Monsieur, but if you wish to see what's going on, the kitchens is in that direction." Liam said, pointing a finger to the hallways Azalea was residing in, though hidden from sight.

Azalea turned and went the opposite way, not wanting a confrontation with the French prince just yet, she took the long route back to Anaise's room. When she turned into the hallway, she nearly dropped her plate when she Anaise hugging Aalie and smile a relived smile to see she was in better spirits. The hallway was filled with delicious scents of Azalea's cooking and new she'd have to hide it before it was discovered.

"I come bringing food, and comfort food. I think half of the guards I passed believe I'm a hungry pig." Azalea joked wryly as she approached the two, a soft smile in her face at seeing them so close, and a mischievous glint in her eyes from stealing the food in the first place.
Jess Buck Jess Buck StarryKnights StarryKnights

Last edited:
Oliver Charles Ravenswood

After Christopher had given orders to the clumsy maid, Oliver felt glad. He was glad that his brother took control of the situation and dealt with it. If Oliver had been the one to make a decision he probably would've given the wrong order in his hastiness to make sure that the servant, or whoever it was, was punished. Oliver knew what some of the servants were like, and he had a suspicious feeling that quite a few of the servants didn't like the royal family. Particularly him, Christopher, his mother and his father. They most likely enjoyed helping out the rest of his siblings as they weren't as harsh and, unfortunately, more friendlier with them. Anais was especially bad at not interacting with servants. Oliver had to keep an eye on her a lot to make sure that she wasn't messing around with her maids or helpers. He was sure that eventually Anais and his other siblings would learn that people were their servants for a reason, but he was quite concerned that Azalea was still sympathetic to them. Pushing the matter away, Oliver focused on his meal. It wasn't his place to worry about his siblings being forgiving to bad servants, it was his parents' and Christopher's.

Oliver started with the wine to wash down his throat. It had become dry from the walk and slight talk he just had. After sipping from the glass he decided that some pleasant conversation would lighten up the heavy atmosphere around the banquet hall. He set his glass down and began "How has your day been brother? Any news that I should know about?". Oliver knew that this was a plain and boring question that would probably get a similarly plain and boring answer, but it was better than eating in complete silence. Besides, he was planning on asking his brother about his fiancee. Oliver knew that the wedding was coming soon, and he wondered how many people would actually be pleased with their new king.

Misty Gray Misty Gray sprouhtt sprouhtt Plutoni Plutoni

Christopher Ravenswood
kinghenry-gif.332995

It seemed like Christopher was in no hurry to address Lena again. True to his word, he really was going to make her wait until he had finished his dinner before making her punishment known.

The prince savoured every piece of his food and took care not to rush it down, despite how hungry he had felt before starting to eat. He believed good food should never be swallowed without truly tasting it. When Oliver sparked up a civil conversation, the surprise was almost visibly on Christopher's face. Most of his days were spent giving orders, hearing excuses and listening to politics, so to be pulled into a normal conversation was rare for the prince. He looked to his brother for a moment before deciding to indulge him. "I spent my morning training, before overseeing four executions on our father's behalf. It has been no better and no worse than most days. Although I can say with certainty that this has been ones of the worst dinners to date," he commented. The food was fine, but the company had been a disappointment, with the exception of Oliver. "How do you think your day has been?" Christopher wasn't sure if he cared in all honesty, but he decided to keep up the small talk for now. He could find time for silent reflection later.

sprouhtt sprouhtt Plutoni Plutoni Cheryl Cheryl

Cassandra Summers
6fdc8adc27b561c15d03446e7c6fa86f-medieval-princess-bbc-musketeers-jpg.332639
King Robert smiled to Alexander. He knew he wasn't too old just yet and ageing wasn't the sole cause of his troubles. He was ill and there was nothing that could be done to make his symptoms better. For now, he knew he needed to avoid stresses like the earlier argument in the dining all if he was to have any chance at stopping things from getting worse fast. "If only I was getting younger..." he commented. When asked if he needed anything else, the king looked around the room before shaking his head. "No. No, I have everything I need now. I'm going to rest my head for a while. You may both leave now," he told Alexander and Cassandra. "Please ensure a guard is stationed outside the door," he was quick to add. It was more in case he needed a doctor than fearing his own safety.

Cassandra bowed to the king before stepping out of the room. She placed her hand on her chest as she tried to calm her racing heart. She'd grown quite close to the king and queen since working at the palace. The king's deteriorating health was both upsetting and worrying. "Oh, this is terrible Alexander," she said, her voice lowered. "If we lose the king... I mean, nobody is ready for Christopher to gain more power - not even the prince himself!" She shook her head, still trying to process the situation. "I fear for all involved."

Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7

7600bb80ff5b3baa77d1f94f5d23bff7.gif
Interacting w/: Plutoni Plutoni
Mentioned: Misty Gray Misty Gray Cheryl Cheryl
Action: Pressing her bleeding finger against her dress to stop the bleeding

Lena was counting a number of tiles on the floor until she lost count and had to start over again. Lena thought that this was the only thing that could take her mind off of what she had done. Lena was already punishing herself more than she should. Christopher was probably going to wait until later to deal with Lena, but because of Oliver's mouth, she was to be punished immediately after Christopher had finished his meal. Lena wanted to run out of this horrid place, but she knew she wouldn't make it out alive. Lena let a soft gasp escape when she heard that Christopher attended a few executions today. How could someone have the guts to watch someone being killed right in front of their eyes? Lena sometimes felt as if the Prince and his father had no heart. The way they treat others is no way to live.

Lena was snapped out of her thoughts when a young man who seemed to be a guard, of higher status then her handed her a cloth. Lena looked at the cloth before she traveled up his hand then arm, to finally make eye contact with this generous soul. Lena looked at him and she stood still. She didn't want to take the cloth, she knew better. Lena didn't want to take the cloth and then Christopher or Oliver seeing her and making up an excuse about how she isn't allowed to accept anything without his permission. Lena gave a soft smile before she shook her head as a signal that she wasn't going to accept it. This was the first time anyone has shown any sympathy or has been nice to her to offer something to her, but Lena didn't let this go to her head. She pressed her finger harder into her dress to stop the bleeding. Lena would just wash out the stain later in the night and set it out to dry.

Lena felt like all of her emotions and fears were rising up and it made her feel alone again. She was alone in the darkness and felt as if she was sinking slowly into the darkness that she was in. She held back her tears, she wasn't going to cry for someone like Christopher or Oliver. They didn't deserve her tears, her tears belonged to her. And to her, they will remain.

15625045_1636386923330149_5177723005362503680_n.jpg

Aalie Nicole Ravenswood
Aalie sighed and was about to just barge in when someone came up behind her and gave her a hug. She turned quickly to see Anais. She smiled down at her sister and held her in the hug. She kissed the top of her head. "You don't have to be sorry Anais. I can't imagine what you've been going through. I'm just glad that you're willing to let me in...I love you sweetheart. I always will." She stayed like that for awhile, just holding Anais. She didn't want to be the first to let go, because she had no idea how much Anais needed that hug. It was Azalea's voice that made her jump. She looked up quickly and smiled at her sister. "I thought I had smelled something delicious." Aalie giggled. She patted Anais on the back lightly. "Why don't we head inside your room hm? We can eat and talk." Aalie reached over and opened the door for her sisters. She was glad to have this time with them. It had been ages since the three of them properly sat and talked with one another. And Aalie knew they wouldn't have very many more chances with Christopher becoming more powerful. Once their brother was king, Aalie had no idea how many of their freedoms would be taken away.

e7483537f7e7676dc1af01ba11d3ce95.jpg

Lyle James Dubois

Lyle's expression lightened upon hearing the accent in the guard's voice. "Un Français que je vois! Qu'est-ce que vous avez ici en tant que garde anglaise?" (A fellow frenchman I see! What has you here as an English guard?) He said with a bright smile, reverting back to his native tongue. Lyle was both relieved and intrigued by the frenchman in front of him. He was quite obviously a palace guard so he had to have been living in England for quite some time, but why leave such a beautiful country like France? Of course Lyle was biased considering it was his country, but he could honestly say he had never found a country more beautiful than his own. And to be quite frank, he found English food rather bland compared to the French cuisine.

StarryKnights StarryKnights Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Anais Ravenswood

Anais looked up at her sister with big red eyes, red from crying, but at the moment there were no tears there, just a look of relief. She was happy she had her sisters to lean on, she'd be totally lost without them. She wished with all her heart for the moment to ast forever, but then a delicious smell filled the air, along with a new and familiar voice. "Azaela!". Anais turned and smiled at her eldest sister as she arrived with food. Whatever she'd made smelled heavenly, it made Anais' stomach rumble. She wished she'd gone to her sisters sooner, she already felt better, having them near. As Aalie suggest they eat in her room the little princess paled. "Hang on, I need to clean up!". She said as she dashed into the room ahead of them, closing the door behind her she peeked her head out. "No peeking!" she giggled, and then frantically went about picking up her toys, discarded dresses and some books.

Her room was painted a coral color, with a light blue pattern over it. Her pillows and sheets were also this light blue, as were many of Anais' dresses, as this was her favorite color. After a few minutes she opened the door again, revealing a cleared spot on her balcony. "There! All clean...well...clean enough..." she scratched the back her her neck. There was a table on the balcony, perfect for a meal shared among family. Maybe if there were extras she'd take them to Arthur.

Jess Buck Jess Buck Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Princess-Aurora-maleficent-2014-37234852-235-448.jpg
Azalea grinned at them as Aalie mentioned her the food she'd made for them. She shared an bemused glance with Aalie as Anaise darted into her room in a frantic effort to clean it quickly. "Oh really Anaise, it doesn't matter," Azalea pleaded, though kind heardtly as she glanced down the hallway

After a couple moments of Azalea shuffling outside the door, placing the food tray on top of her head, and anxiously shifting in her spot, Anaise finally opened the door to a semi clean room, but Azalea didn't really mind, yet the moment the door opened, she darted into Anaise's room as if there was an angry mob after her.

She worked to setting the table on the balcony instantly, on the silver platter were two plates which held different meals. One had Anais's favorite meal, the other had Aalie's. The apple was for Azalea, but even she had lost her appetite for that.

Azalea gestured to the perfectly set table and spread her arms in a dramatic gesture, "Ta-daaa!" Her eyes were filled with triumph, anything to distract herself from the situation at hand. But even so, Azalea dared a glance to the right, where she could see through the windows of one of the hallways outside the quarters, Liam's face, and facing her was the French Prince's backside. She had to admit, it was a hot backside. But not one she wished to be married too.
Azalea’s toes curled in her dance slippers.

She hated the sick, milk-turning feeling that came when she thought of her future gentleman. She pictured it as a sort of ball, one that lasted a lifetime, in which Father chose her dance partner. And she didn’t know if he would be a considerate dancer, one who led her through tight turns with ease, or if he would lurch through the steps. Or worse, if he was the sort of partner who would force her through the movements and scoff at her when she stumbled at his hand. Azalea tried to swallow the feeling away.

Generally, Azalea would scare her suitors away, sometimes even her siblings would assist, she'd lock them in closets, pelt them with snowballs in the winter, "accidentally" spill her drink on them multiple times, or act completely daft. But these men were mainly just nobels, or Prince's from allies they had good connections with, however, there ties with France seemed to be stretching thin. It was an opportunity the King would not pass up. So she would just have to scare the Prince away it seemed. With more distastefulness, if it required it.

She caught Liam's eye, and she caught a glimpse of a daughter-stealing smirk before his attention casually resumed on the Prince, she leaned over the balcony, lost in thought and unaware of her surroundings as she thought of what they could possibly be speaking of.

Liam smiled amusedly at Lyle, similar to Lyle's own beliefs, he found France much more beautiful then England, the food more savory, and his family were smugglers that never failed to entertain, or keep him busy for that matter. It was at this moment he caught Azalea's eyes, he felt his lip curve into a slight smirk upon seeing her before she smiled back and looked away to the scenery in front of her instead. Liam smirked at Lyle, figuring out the correct way to respond, rather then the truth. "Je trouve que les femmes sont beaucoup plus ... intriguantes en Angleterre puis à la maison, tout comme la famille royale, comme je suis sûr que vous allez découvrir." (I find the women are much more... intriguing in England then back home, just as the royal family, as I am sure you'll find out.) Liam replied silkily, his time friendly. For he knew this Prince would not stay for long.

15625045_1636386923330149_5177723005362503680_n.jpg

Aalie Nicole Ravenswood

Aalie giggled as she watched Anais scurry off into her bedroom. She stood outside the room and watched as Azalea shift her weight, obviously tired from carrying the tray full of food. Aalie was about to say something when Anais opened the door and Azalea rushed inside to set up a table on the balcony. Aalie shook her head and walked in behind Azalea, closing the door behind her. She smiled and sat down at the small table Azalea set up for the three of them. "It looks incredible Azalea, thank you." She smiled brightly looking down at her favorite meal, steak and potatoes. She may be a princess but she won't hesitate to eat like a soilder. She noticed Azalea's change in expression and she reached over to squeeze her sister's hand. "Azalea? Are you alright?"

19429165_878685058936304_2723296650515709952_n.jpg

Lyle James Dubois

Lyle chuckled. "J'espère que c'est vrai pendant mon séjour ici." (I hope I find that to be true during my stay here.) He said before clearing his throat. "Eh bien, je pense que je vais trouver les cuisines comme vous l'avez dit auparavant. Bonne nuit Monsieur? ..." (Well, I think I'm going to find the kitchens as you said before. Have a good night Sir?...) Trying to get the guard's name out of him. Lyle still couldn't shake the feeling that he had seen this man somewhere.

StarryKnights StarryKnights Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Alexander Rotinya Krow
Alexander Krow.jpg
Alexander smiled at the king when he brought up getting younger. "Don't we all wish we can grow young instead of old my Lord?." Alexander spoke, keeping his charming and soft tone with each word. Alexander began to head for the door when he heard the king speak once again. He turned around to listen then lowered his head, put his hand to his heart, and bowed to show the greatest of respects to the king. "I'll get one of my best men to stand at your door, my Lord." Alexander slowly stood up straight once again then headed for the bedroom's door and walking out into the hall. Alexander shut the door quietly behind him and Cassandra to not cause more of a disturbance to the king.

Alexander's attention was brought to Cassandra as she spoke. It was easy to tell she was upset and worried about the condition of their beloved king. Alexander listened to Cassandra's words then sighed. "No matter how much we prepare, we will never be ready." He paused looking down the hallways for a nearby guard. He soon brought his gaze back to Cassandra. "All we can do is try our best to keep the king safe and in good health for as long as we possibly can. To buy us as much time to ready ourselves for whatever the future may hold. We may not know what the future holds for all of us, but we must do all we can and be prepared for the worst." Alexander could hear footsteps coming down the hall, so he paused looking toward the sound. He was glad to see one of his finest men walking down one of the hallways on a patrol of the palace. He turned back to Casandra once again. "And, if we are prepared for the worst, then anything better than the worst is gonna be easy to handle." Alexander smiled kindly at Cassandra then looked back over at the roaming guard waving him over.

"Yes, Sir?" The guard walked over and saluted as he waited for orders. "You are to wait outside the King and queen's private living quarters." The Guard nodded in understanding. "Keep that post until I send someone to dismiss you, do not move from it till then." The guard again nodded to show that he understood his new orders. "Yes, Sir!" Alexander moved out of the way as the guard took his post beside the royal living quarters.

ROWAN DUNFORTH
TAGGED: actually remembered this time ;o | sprouhtt sprouhtt | Misty Gray Misty Gray | Cheryl Cheryl

douglas+%25281%2529.jpg
He held it out for her for several seconds, absentmindedly running his thumb over the soft fabric before he realised that she wasn't going to take it. He chose to look over then, meeting her eye, a faint frown nearly imperceptible on his face - people didn't refuse his gifts. But he figured she was still too nervy, perhaps fearing the repercussions if she was caught accepting help, or maybe she just feared being somehow in someone's debt by taking gifts - internally, he shrugged. It wasn't his dress she was ruining. She could obey Christopher all she liked, even when he wasn't looking.
He tucked the cloth neatly back into the loop on his belt, looking back towards the dining royals as he rested his hand back on the sword pommel, saying nothing. He could understand, of course - he wasn't annoyed, but he didn't take rejection of his relatively infrequent generosity lightly. Perhaps she expected him to insist on it, he mused. Somebody else offering it probably would have.

But after all, Rowan was not somebody else.

He looked at the large, gilded clock at the other end of the hall, although it was too far to make out the time; boredom was starting to creep up on him. He couldn't really talk with Byers here, and the conversation was surprisingly normal between the princes, an oddly jarring contrast to the bursts of anger and tears that had taken place only just before. He had heard the servant by him gasp as Christopher mentioned the executions. Byers had shifted slightly but he remained blank. Yet Rowan just couldn't help feeling a small thrill of bitter emotion run low through him as he listened. This casual mention reminded him suddenly of the night when he had finally been caught - the pacing, the dread, the harsh, feral energy he had felt, trapped, as he was, in that cell - but he carefully shelved that thought away, somewhere far back in his mind.

It was then that realised that he didn't actually know who the young lady standing near him was. He'd been referring to her in his mind as 'the servant' the whole time without thinking, too absorbed in watching the royal family - it was unusual for him. He liked to know people's names, no matter what said people were to him, or to what end their name may be used for in his hands. He tilted his head ever so slightly towards her, still not taking his eyes off the table before them.
"Your name?" he asked, voice politely neutral, impersonal, too soft to be heard by anyone other than the three standing by the wall.

Anais Ravenswood
Anais giggled as her sisters entered her room, whatever Azaela had made smelled delicious, as she set the table Anais hovered excitedly waiting to see what she'd made. Her eyes went wide as she saw her favorite meal, roasted chicken, and wrapped Azaela in a big hug. "It smells great, thank you" she smiled, looking up at Azaela. Anais could tell there was something bothering her sister, looking out over the balcony she could see Liam, and he was talking to a man she'd never seen before. Anais climbed up on top of the balcony. "Is that the prince...he looks...uh...nice". she snickered and leaned against Azalea. "Should we scare him away too? I could hide in his closet and come out at night and go BOO!" she jumped up, giggling. her stomach growled, reminding her of the food waiting for her. "it'll be okay Azalea" she smiled at her eldest sister before hopping off the balcony and joining Aalie at the table.

Her favorite meal was waiting for her, chicken and roasted vegetables. She smiled at Aalie before digging in, she hadn't been eating much the past few days so Anais was famished. She tossed all etiquette out the window and ate like a wild child.

Jess Buck Jess Buck Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

woman-crush-wednesday-elle-fanning-5-maleficent.jpg
Azalea jumped, slightly startled when Aalie's voice broke her thoughts. She turned to her sister and forced a smile, pushing the milk turning feeling in her stomach away and gave Aalie's hand a gentle squeeze, "Of course," she responded gently, not wanting to worry her sisters with her burdens.

Anaise surprised her with a hug, which she gratefully returned and squeezing her back a little tighter then usual, feeling the support of her sisters and she suddenly felt quite reassured with the girls at her side.

As Anaise suggested she scare the Prince, Azalea fought a smile, feeling a small bit of pride well up in her, though she really shouldn't have taught her that, but of course she didn't want her siblings to end up with someone they didn't love.

She smacked Anaise's shoulder playfully, "Oh really Anaise," Azalea said in a scolding tone, hands on her hips, "You know that isn't proper," she paused, a sly grin creeping up her face, "I was thinking we could lock him up in one of the storage closets and wait at least twenty-four hours before having a servant go and fetch him." She plopped down into her seat and gently smiled at Anaise as she said it would be okay. Perhaps it would be. She really hoped it would be.

She'd make it okay.

Liam smiled, perhaps a bit cocky, or it could've been amused as he dipped into a bow, stepping backwards to excuse himself. "Liam, monsieur." He introduced himself before he straightened himself, a crooked grin on his face, turned on his heel and began to walk off. If only the French prince knew. That it was he whom had taught Azalea how to be rid of suitors.

Cassandra Summers
6fdc8adc27b561c15d03446e7c6fa86f-medieval-princess-bbc-musketeers-jpg.332639

Cassandra listened to Alexander's words. As always, the man spoke with sense and reason; two attributes she believed people would need to hold on tightly to in in the near future. "You are correct, Alexander. I think we all have a lot of work ahead of us to make sure the king's stress is reduced so he doesn't become overwhelmed. The princes and princesses need to be kept happy, so they can keep bringing warmth to their parents and this castle. It also means Christopher needs to be kept as content as possible so he doesn't continue to grow hateful and angry." She wasn't sure if it was possible to keep or even make Christopher happy, but perhaps if he at least thought things were going as he wished he might lash out less. An impossible task, no doubt, but she would still try. "I've learned to only expect the worst here, so I suppose the difficulty is preparing for it." She returned his smile and placed a friendly hand on his elbow. "I must get going now. I have some errands to run before I must retreat to my bed. You know as well as I how difficult the early mornings can be without much sleep," he explained. Goodnight, Alexander," she said, with a warmth smile, before heading off down the corridor.
Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7

By the time Christopher had finished eating his dinner the previous eating, he'd had chance to calm down from the arguments and servant's incompetence. Once everyone's plates were empty, Christopher beckoned Alena over and she might have been surprised by his less than severe punishment. He ordered her to finish cleaning the dining room and then added the extra duty of her helping the others clean up in the kitchen. The extra task would have probably added a further hour onto her day's work, but all things considered, it was a light punishment judging by angry he had been all day.

The next day...

ezgif-4-4ebaec1b6b.gif

Willard had been awake since sunrise, tending to the gardens and feeding the wild birds. The sun was shining brightly and it appeared the day would be a warm one. The gardener couldn't be happier as he loved nothing more than a bright summer's day. He hoped he would see the royal children and servants out relaxing today, as there was nothing more refreshing than seeing the youth have a bit of fun. He'd seen a stray white kitten sneaking around after some mice over the last few days and was sure the princesses would love to see if they could find it.

By the time the royal children woke up, the servants would be rushing around to help them get ready and Arthur would be pleased to find the guards had gone from outside his room long ago, so his punishment was over with.

The king and queen both attended breakfast, but most in the dining room might be happy to see Christopher was intentionally not present. In his eldest son's absence, the king took the opportunity to have a more peaceful meal and attempt to redeem himself following his anger the previous evening. Besides, sometimes it was good to see his family looking happy. "I have postponed your lessons and duties for the morning," he told his five children. "After recent events, I think we all need some time to relax and the weather looks splendid," he explained. His head still ached, but it seemed to ache less the more he kept himself in a relaxed mood.

As she served breakfast to the family, Sarah couldn't help but smile to herself as the king spoke. She loved it when everything was calmer in the dining room and she certainly had a fondness for the outdoors. She hoped someone would require her services in the gardens so she too could enjoy the sunshine.

Once they'd eaten their breakfasts, the princes and princesses would be free for the morning...
Even though he was eating his breakfast more slowly, the king allowed them to leave, rather making them wait until everyone was finished eating.

Christopher Ravenswood
aef743f91585fa52769986043fa71f30--johnathan-rhys-meyers-jonathan-rhys.jpg
Christopher was awake early that morning and had been informed by his father that he was to greet the French Prince and give him a tour of the palace. Yet again, he felt like the king was passing on his own duties, but he wouldn't argue as the way he saw it, all of those duties would be his in good time. Patience was all he needed.

The prince knocked on the Lyle's door and would wait for the younger man to answer. He'd told the guard, Rowan, to accompany him for the morning. Rather than inflict the whole family on the Frenchman so early, he would ease him in gently with a private breakfast. Soon enough, he would introduce the prince to Azalea. Alena would be serving the two princes their breakfast. Christopher had chosen the small guest dining room on the first floor which overlooked the royal gardens. It was a beautiful view and one even a prince as dark as Christopher had a true appreciation for.

Jess Buck Jess Buck Plutoni Plutoni sprouhtt sprouhtt

Last edited:
Arthur Ravenwood
tumblr_mfv5fsg3wH1rnthy0o1_250.gif

A new day started, and Arthur wasn't going to break the promise he made to his sister. He had to stay out of trouble today, not for himself as he could care less if his father were to punish him but for the sake of his sister. But when he came to the table for breakfest he couldn't stop himself from giving a glare to Christopher before mouthing the word 'Coward' over to him but would quickly stare back down at his plate and starting to eat once more acting like nothing happened. He could not be sent to war, that's the other thing that kept him from acting out once more, the threat of being sent to a pointless war that his father probably started for some unwise political decision.

After Breakfest the young Prince would follow his older brother Chrisopher around from a far to see if there was any indirect way he could annoy him, but once he saw him enter the small dining room he couldn't see anyway how he was gonna annoy his brother without recieving a punishment so he would turn around and walk away going back to his room and would likely go to the city to entertain the peasents.

tumblr_mc3zn7Dhgq1qb9o83o1_400.jpg

Aalie Nicole Ravenswood

The rest of the evening was uneventful was the sisters ate and spoke. Aalie was so happy that Anais had finally opened up to Azalea and herself. The three of them were able to have a long conversation about many things and Aalie finally felt close to her sisters once more. Perhaps maybe she should work on that bond with her brothers. The girls ended up falling asleep in Anais' room so in the morning, Aalie had to rush back to her own chambers to get dressed for the day. At breakfast, she was surprised to hear her lessons had been pushed back so she and her siblings could enjoy the nice weather. Aalie grinned from ear to ear "Thank you Father!" She was even further surprised when they were allowed to leave the table early, even though their father hadn't finished his breakfast. Aalie gave her mother a kiss on the cheek as goodbye and curtsied to her father before scurrying out of the dining hall with Rosaline.
"What did he say?" Rosaline asked "I've never seen you smile so wide at a family meal." Aalie giggled and signed back to her lady.
"He pushed our lessons back so we can enjoy the weather. And he even let us out early from breakfast? Can you believe it?" Aalie sighed "Things around here would be much calmer and Father was this relaxed all the time. Hell, if Christopher was relaxed some of the time things would be nicer." Aalie's good mood dampened a bit at mention of her brother. She truly did love her brother, and she used she understood him, but she didn't. Aalie shook off the sad thoughts before signing again. "Come, Rosie. Let's go to the gardens. I'm sure the flowers look stunning in this sun!" The two girls giggled as they scurried off to the gardens.

cd006310cd575581b41422bb28d8acc9--bleach-hair-krieger.jpg

Lyle James Dubois

The guard Lyle had been talking to revealed his name to be Liam and the name did not resound with the prince so he nodded to him and went on his way to find dinner. He did, and he had quite the late dinner before going back to his chambers to rest for the evening. In the morning, he was awoken by Jean-Luc who told them the eldest prince, Christopher, his name was, was coming to greet Lyle and give him a tour of the castle. Lyle was reluctant, but he got up nonetheless and got dressed for the day. He was just finishing buckling his shoes when there was a knock at the door. "That must be Prince Christopher..." He mumbled to himself. He walked over to the door and opened it with a smile. He gave a polite bow to the man in front of him, presumably Prince Christopher. "Your Highness." Lyle greeted, his accent ever present. "It is an honor to meet you."

Misty Gray Misty Gray

ROWAN DUNFORTH
TAGGED: Misty Gray Misty Gray | Jess Buck Jess Buck | sprouhtt sprouhtt

tumblr_oe6ca4ZFA81uqt0kmo1_500.jpg
After finally being released from his duties in the banquet hall, Rowan had wasted little time in heading back to the guardhouse with Byers and setting off immediately out the gates, alone, hood up on his dark cloak as evening fell around the city. There was a tavern by the river's edge, The Swan's Feather, an oddly delicate name for the type of business that often occurred there. This night was not much different.

There had been a French trading ship intercepted around the northwest of France, the goods taken and the ship sunk, but the value of what had been taken was unusually high. It was no cloth merchant's ship, this - it was full of gold and jewellery, the kind of ship that most pirates can only dream of. But there they were. The cargo had been smuggled over to London, although a little had been 'lost' along the way. It hadn't taken long for Rowan to hear of this. Such a big event didn't take much time at all to reach his ears. He'd arrived as soon as he could to scout out the situation, and his appearance had certainly not gone unappreciated - he knew how to fence things, after all, and there was a lot of fencing to be done.

He spent a little more time than he'd anticipated there; ale had been broken out in celebration, and it's safe to say that most got more than a little tipsy. He'd managed to extract himself before he became too intoxicated, and spent the small hours of night among the rooftops and cold night air, clearing his head. The sky was cloudy that night. That had annoyed him. He'd slept till dawn up there before making his way quietly back to the palace, only mildly hungover from the night before. He'd only just had time to carefully place his cloak back and splash his face with icy water before bad luck befell him yet again, this time in the shape of the eldest prince himself. He'd only just returned from his secret excursion when he'd ran into the prince in the corridors and had been told to accompany him and his guest for their breakfast. Now, what he'd really like to be doing was 'patrolling' the quiet castle grounds, taking a nap by the fountains in the back of the gardens - but how could he get out of such a direct command?

Rowan hated his job.

So there he stood, a careful distance away from Christopher as they waited outside the door, a small headache between his temples. Idiot. Getting drunk like that, he should know better. But they weren't kept waiting - the door was opened soon after Christopher knocked by what he now realised was the French prince, Lyle Dubois, ever gracious; his mind was pulled back suddenly to the work last night - it was a French ship that had been targeted, and here was the prince of France himself, taking a visit. He wondered, detachedly, at what the political consequences could possibly be if it became big enough news. Not much, probably. It was brought in by independent raiders, after all, no political manoeuvring. He listened silently to the two princes, masked by a practiced expression of professional disinterest, but, deep down, he only really wanted to lean against the nearby wall. He let out a long, silent breath. He could do this. All he had to do was trail them around and stand looking attentive.
He felt anything but.

Last edited:
upload_2017-7-24_8-0-58.gifLocation: Small guest dinning room
Interacting w/: Misty Gray Misty Gray Jess Buck Jess Buck
Mentioned: Plutoni Plutoni
Action: Serving the two Princes'

Lena's nerves were much calmer then before when Prince Christopher had ordered her to clean up the mess in the dinning room and then go off to the kitchen and assist the others in cleaning up. By then, Lena knew that she would finish her work at 11pm or midnight since she had a lot of chores that had to be done and not to mention assistance Christopher every night prepare to go to bed. He was a grown man, how could he not be able to prepare to go to bed on his own. Lena shook her head and continued with her chores when the Prince and the others were done with their food. Lena spent all night cleaning up and finishing up her chores, she didn't even have time to eat last night.

Lena didn't like sleeping either, well...it's not that she didn't like it. More like she was afraid to go to sleep. Lena knew if she went to sleep, she would relive her past. All those haunting memories come back once she closes her eyes. Lena didn't like it at all, and when she had a bad nightmare, she would end up screaming or crying in her sleep. At times she feels as if she can feel the pain that she once felt in the past come back to her.

It was early in the morning when she got up from her small nap and went off to do some of the chores before the other servants/maids woke up and the other royals. Lena was the most hardworking person here, and she pushed herself more then anyone here as well. Lena went into Prince Christopher's room after knocking and when she opened the door, she saw that he wasn't here. Lena did remember that today he was going to take the French Prince around to show him the castle. Lena continued to clean the Prince's room before she head out with his dirty close. Lena was stopped by the head maid who told her that Christopher requested that she bring him and the French Prince breakfast. Lena had knots in her stomach. Was this his way of letting her redeem herself after last nights incident.

Lena did as she was told, but first she rushed to put the close in a basket downstairs so that she could wash them later. Lena prepared breakfast for the two Princes. When she was done, she made her way with the trolley full of delicious food that she made and she headed towards the room that overlooked the garden. Lena loved going into that room, usually when she was cleaning she made sure to stay in that room the longest just to look at how beautiful the garden was from here.

When Lena brought the trolley, she stopped in front of the door when she saw the man that she had seen at dinner yesterday. Lena bowed her headed, never making eye contact with him. She was obedient. Lena rarely spoke, and most people wondered if she was mute. Lena didn't want to open her mouth and say something that she would regret, so she stayed quiet. Lena looked down at the delicious food and she heard her stomach growl, she put one hand on her stomach before she knocked on the door. Lena gently and slowly opened the door where she pushed the trolley slowly inside. When she was in, she said,"Good Morning." She then closed the door behind her quietly and brought the trolley over to the corner of the room. She began with bring over the bread, and fruits. She then made her way back again to retrieve everything else and she set it on the table ever so gently. Lena decided to make a few things that would be of Prince Lyle's liking. She knew he was far away from home, and comfort food would do some good to fill that void of him possibly missing him. Lena had read it in a book that the french adore baguettes and crescents, so that is what she made as well. Lena did make a few things to Christopher's liking as well.

"Would you care for some tea or coffee?" She spoke as she had her head down, her voice was as gentle as can be. Lena saw that her hands were still shaking, so she put her hands behind her back. Not once she look at the French Prince nor Christopher.

upload_2017-7-24_8-53-52.jpegupload_2017-7-24_8-54-39.jpeg

Christopher Ravenswood
aef743f91585fa52769986043fa71f30-johnathan-rhys-meyers-jonathan-rhys-jpg.335186

When Lyle opened the door and greeted him in English, Christopher decided he would continue their conversation in English. Were he in France, he would adopt the French language. "Good morning, Your Highness," he returned the greeting. He was being ever so pleasant to the French Prince because it suited him to be. Lyle would be made most welcome during his visit because the king had specifically demanded such - to ensure the young man will marry Azalea. "I'm humbled to meet you too," he assured him, his voice filled with charm. "I heard your evening meal had not gone as it was intended, so I have spared no expense for breakfast. If you will follow me, I've requested a private breakfast to give us chance to speak before you meet the rest of the family."

Christopher would glance to Rowan and signal for him to follow them to the small guest dining room. Rowan would know to stand by the door once inside and that would also be where Alena would stand when not actively serving the princes their breakfast. When the two princes were seated by the window, Christopher looked out onto the beautiful gardens and genuinely smiled. "I trust the view is to your taste?" he asked Lyle. "The gardener has worked here for quite some time. He even saw my father, the king, as a baby. Willard is a very gifted gardener," he explained.

When Alena began serving the food, Christopher watched her closely. There were no wine bottles to smash, but he still feared for the fine crockery. He noticed the French touch that had been added to breakfast and it seemed like Alena may well redeem herself after her blunder the previous night. In a rare move, Christopher would allow Lyle to ask for his drink first before saying "tea, please" in answer to the servant's question.

Christopher had long since learned how to switch on the charm and give a good impression to the royal visitors. Perhaps some of his behaviour was just an act, but it was allowing him to relax a little after the previous stressful day. "I will take you to meet my sister, Azalea soon. I wonder, is there anything you wish to know about her in advance of your meeting?" he offered.

Alexander Rotinya Krow
Alexander Krow.jpg

"Goodnight Cassandra." Alexander's voice was soft as he gave her a quick bow as a good night, then went on his way, he still has stuff to do before he could even think of going to his quarters to sleep for the night. He did a quick pace of the palace, making sure everyone was where they needed to be, then walked to the guard's house. Walking in to see the place had been cleaned like he ordered earlier today. He smiled, running his finger over some of the items in the room, they had done a good job, even if the job was a punishment. He looked over at the beds to see that the two guards had passed out, most likely as soon as they had finished their work. They were still in their uniforms and hadn't even bothered to lay or cover themselves properly in their beds. The one guard still had one shoe on, which made Alexander chuckle. He let out a soft sigh, he would have rather them stayed up until he arrived, but he couldn't blame them, it was getting late. He had taken his time getting over here, and at least they had done a good job cleaning, hopefully, they learned something from this.

Turning, he exited the guard's house and slowly made his way to his personal office, he checked his plans for where every guard should be tonight and tomorrow and whats some may be doing. He smiled, everyone had a place and if everything went well and no one caused trouble, tomorrow would go smoothly. Alexander sighed feeling his eyes growing more and more heavy as the night went on, but there was still one more task that needed to be done before he could call it a night.

Slowly making his way out of his small office he then met up with a small group of night patrol. Some of them seemed to give Alexander a mixed look of confusion and concern, it wasn't normal to see Alexander awake this late at night, at least not very often. The small group paused, then saluted in respect as Alexander approached them. "I want you all to take three to four-hour shifts guarding the King and Queen's royal rooms door. I want a full report in the morning, and someone to come a wake me if anything happens during the night." Alexander was stern with his tone as he spoke, trying his best to not show any of his drowsiness. "Yes, Sir!" The group saluted once again then went on their way.

It was only then that Alexander went to his quarters to call it a night.

The Next Morning
Alexander woke up early as always, though he found it a bit hard to release himself from the comfort and warmth of his bed he knew he could not let it contain him, he had work to do. He quickly got ready and went on his early morning patrol as usual. Reading the nightly reports and checking in with his morning staff as always. The morning seemed to be running smoothly, and he smiled reading that last night went great as well, no problems as far as anyone reported. Alexander let out a soft sigh, rubbing the back of his neck thinking of everything he had to do today. He began to make a mental checklist as he continued the last of his earlier morning walk.

Anais Ravenswood

For the first time in what felt like forever, Anais enjoyed her meal, she shared it with two of the most important people in her life. She laughed and smiled like she always used to do, for one brief moment the world seemed to be right again. Anais was happy her sisters were there to support her, because the young princess knew now that this peace could not last forever. The darkness brewing in her home had once been a mystery to her, but now Anais's eyes were open. But for the evening, and into the night, she was able to set aside her fear and uncertainty, and simply enjoy some quality time with her sisters. Her only regret as she fell asleep that night was the fact she couldn't share this moment with the rest of her family.
The next morning, Aalie had to run to her chambers to get dressed, while Anais took her sweet time. Since her spirits had been lifted, she decided to wear her favorite dress that day, a light blue ruffled down that swished about her feet as she walked. Going to to her balcony, she took in the beautiful morning view, the sun's light seemed to make the flowers glow. Picking a few, Anais wove herself a crown which she wore to breakfast. the notion of sharing another meal with all her family made the girl a bit nervous, but much to her surprise, Christopher wasn't there, Arthur was behaving, and furthermore, Father had their lessons pushed back.

Anais couldn't contain her excited squeal at the notion, as she had arithmetic that day, and she loathed it with every fiber of her being. When they were given permission to leave, Anais jumped out of her seat, went over to her parents and gave them both hugs. Probably not the most regal thing to do, but she was happy. "Thank you Father!" she said excitedly as she wrapped the king in a brief hug, as she pulled away she planted a kiss on his cheek before skipping out of the dining room. "Love you both!" she called over her shoulders before she full on ran down the hall, cheering.
She knew exactly where she'd be spending her free time. It was a beautiful day out and she was going to the gardens, no doubt Willard was out tending his flowers.
Spotting Rosaline and Aalie ahead, Anais put on some speed to catch up with them. Rather than stopping she dashed between the woman, looking back she giggled. "Last one there's a rotten egg!" she called with a smile before turning and heading out toward the gardens.

Misty Gray Misty Gray Jess Buck Jess Buck

index.php

Aalie Nicole Ravenswood
Madison-font-b-James-b-font-Long-Prom-font-b-Dress-b-font-2016-Zip-Back.jpg

Aalie and Rosaline had been having a pleasant conversation when all of a sudden, Anais burst between the two of them. Aalie narrowed her eyes and grinned at her sister as she ran ahead of them, calling out her challenge. She quickly signed to Rosaline "She's challenged us to a race! Let's go!" and with that she ran after her younger sister towards the gardens. Rosaline was close behind Aalie and the girl's laughter resounded throughout the castle. Rosaline came to a stop as she remembered an old passageway she and Aalie would take as children. She smirked to herself before running off in that direction. Rosaline made it to the gardens much faster than the two princesses and was waiting there for them when they arrived. She smiled and signed to them both.
"Took you both long enough..." Aalie laughed and bent over as she caught her breath.
"How did you do that?" She signed "You were right behind me..." Rosaline shrugged
"Short cut..." She smirked and laughed with the princesses.

cd006310cd575581b41422bb28d8acc9--bleach-hair-krieger.jpg

Lyle James Dubois
7aeaff51eeb9eba1039b41008e41b873--medieval-fashion-medieval-clothing.jpg

Lyle smiled and followed the English Prince to the small dining room where they'd be having breakfast. Lyle had heard many stories about the older man. Stories of his tyranny and foul temper, but Lyle was not seeing any of that here. Although he kept those stories at the back of his head, just in case. As they arrived Lyle was impressed with the view of the gardens and the spread of food. Much of it was familiar and he assumed that was on purpose. This Christopher was really trying to make a good first impression. Lyle sat and gave his award winning smile to the servant girl as he said "Tea would be lovely, merci" He turned his attention back to Christopher as he spoke of the garden master. Lyle nodded "Oui, I have to agree. These gardens are stunning. There are flowers here that I've never seen before. I am eager to explore the grounds further, perhaps even meet this Willard." The servant girl came back with his tea and he gave her a nod of thanks before taking a sip. Christopher then brought up the subject of his sister. "Well I guess we're not wasting any time..." Lyle thought to himself. He set his cup down and thought for a moment, trying to choose his words. "Is she...complacent? I believe that is the word I am looking for. It's just..." He chuckled "I've never been one to enjoy an easy win...That was a terrible way to put it...makes her sound like a prize." Lyle chuckled. "Forgive me...I just...I like a challenge is all. I want to win over her favor as much as I hope she wins over mine...If that makes any sort of sense."

Misty Gray Misty Gray StarryKnights StarryKnights sprouhtt sprouhtt Plutoni Plutoni

Last edited:
d4df6c2c2128733e188764e72dbb9203--ballet-dancers-ballerinas.jpg

The morning was a surprising one, not that she was complaining. She assumed if had something to do with the Prince's arrival. Christopher was absent, which made her suspicious of course. When she's learned of Christopher's breakfast with the Prince, she was frustrated. No doubt the King and her eldest brother would do well to see her married off. She was hoping to avoid the Prince for as long as possible. Perhaps Christopher would scare him away before she did, it'd save her the trouble of locking him in a closet.

That morning, the moment they were released she'd run off into her room, kindly dismissing her servants before changing into her her dancing slippers and outfit. Though she wouldn't attend her other lessons, Azalea loved dancing, not doing so would be more of a punishment then a favor. So she slipped from hallway to hallway until she reached the ballroom.

It was not rare to gather a small crowd in the ballroom, as her dancing master had simply given up on trying to keep the guards and servants from staring at Azalea when she glided amoung the floors, some would clap and cheer or simply stare in awe, and when she danced, Azalea hardly even noticed.

It was a grand ballroom, a wall lined with multiple grand, large windows that overlooked the gardens, the opposite wall lined with mirrors with red drapery that was currently pulled back to let in the sun.

Although it was warm out, the ballroom’s marble floor was cool against Azalea’s her slippers. The open windows that let in the broad daylight made the chandeliers glimmer and reflected back from the mirrors. She curtsied deeply to her reflection, pointing her back toe, lifting her arm out. She loved the stretch and pull of her legs when she danced. She lifted herself onto her toes and released into a spin, feeling her dress breeze around her, fixing her view on the far wall through each turn, her feet turning, her head turning faster, stopping at each rotation as her body swirled beneath her.

Christopher Ravensworth

aef743f91585fa52769986043fa71f30-johnathan-rhys-meyers-jonathan-rhys-jpg.335186

Christopher listened to Lyle with intent and smiled when he spoke of his admiration for the gardens. "When we make our way out into the gardens, I'll be sure to introduce you to Willard. He'll probably start telling you a story from his past. You may find it interesting, but if you don't, just keep nodding and he'll assume you're paying attention," he remarked. It was possibly even a joke, judging by what sounded like a brief chuckle. It might seem normal to Lyle, having only just met the prince, but it would be enough to make Rowan and Alena think Christopher had been replaced with a pleasant twin.

When Lyle asked if Azalea was complacent and mentioned he liked a challenge, Christopher nodded his head and smirked. "Oh, I don't think you will be disappointed, then. Azalea is far from complacent and I'm certain she will keep you on your toes, if that is what you desire. She's a fiery one who knows her own mind " It seemed like Azalea's tricks of trying to deter suitors might not prove so easy with this one. At least, Christopher hoped.

550x298_top-10-movies-that-never-happened-no-4-ian-mckellen-in-x-men-origins-magneto-5908-jpg.334884

As he heard the female voices, Willand placed the trowel down on the floor before standing up to approach Anais, Aalie and Rosaline. "Good morning, Your Hignesses," he said, giving them a bow and only just remembering how to say the words in sign language. He knew Rosaline wasn't a princess by birth or anything, but she was still a princess in his eyes and no less a person than the Ravenswood children. "Now, girls. I just want to let you know that I've seen a white kitten playing in the gardens over the last few days. I think it would make a great mouse-catcher but I don't have the energy to go searching for it. I'm sure the poor little thing is hungry too..." He trailed off. He wasn't oblivious to the darkness inside the palace, so he thought the kitten could brighten the place up somewhat.

tumblr_nvjg9hf5Fr1uaouwuo1_500.gif
Interacting w/: Misty Gray Misty Gray Jess Buck Jess Buck
Mentioned: N/A
Action: She finished pouring tea for the two of the Prince's and is now standing near the trolley
Feelings?: Hungry & Tired = Tungry (see what I did there hehe)

Lena listened to their request on the two of them having tea, she gave a warm smile in front of the two princes' before she bowed and turned around. When Len was making her way towards the trolley, she smiled and mumbled, "Je t'en prie," which means 'you're welcome,' in French. Lena quickly put her hand over her mouth when she mumbled those words to the Prince. She hoped that Christopher didn't hear her because if he did he would probably be curious as to how she learned how to speak French. Lena is a fast learner, which is a curse as well for her since she is so intrigued by everything in the world, she can't help but want to learn more of it. Sometimes, Lena feels as if this wasn't the life that she was meant to live. But, she can't complain about it since it is happening. It was the first time someone of the opposite sex gave her a gentle smile.

With that, Lena picked up the hot tea pot by the handles and walked over to the two young men, well at least one of them was a man. Lena started on the French Princes' side of the table. She gently and very cautiously poured tea into his gold embroidered teacup. Lena made sure to be extra careful, she didn't want to spill it or have an accident like last nights. When she was done, she walked over to Christopher's side and poured his tea in his cup as well. When Lena was done, she stood up straight and walked back to the trolley. As she was walking, she heard her stomach growl and felt slightly lightheaded, but she shook it off and carried on. Lena stood by the trolley until she was needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back