• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Devil's Marauders (WWII)

The Lonely Astronaut

2n84tag.jpg

WARNING: This roleplay will contain strong language, violence, blood/gore, potential minor sexual content (within the rules of Roleplaynation), alcohol/drugs and other adult themes.
If you're easily offended by any of the above, please don't join or follow this roleplay. Thanks in advance!
CREDIT: Big shoutout to Hall Kervean Hall Kervean for helping me create this roleplay. We worked together on it in order to make it as good as it possible could. So once again, huge shoutout to Hall Kervean Hall Kervean !

PLOT
“I was told to spend ten years in prison, or join the military. Could you imagine the U.S Military being so short on men that they gave us criminals a choice in the court? To me, that seemed like one of those “get out of jail” cards that you could get in Monopoly. When I took the offer to join the military I thought I got the same options like any other man fighting the war. Couldn't have been more wrong.
By the end of 1942, we were 20,000 criminals in the Army. We even got our own Division, the 107th Infantry Division, nicknamed “The Devil’s Marauders”. I’m part of Fox Company, 3rd Battalion, 408th Infantry Regiment of the 107th Infantry Division.
It’s been one year since we completed our training, and it was hell. We were not treated equally, just because of our criminal background. We were shown absolutely no respect and all of the sudden, jail didn’t seem like such a bad place to be.
Today we’re shipping out to England where we’ll prepare for the largest action in the history of warfare, Operation Overlord.”

You’ll be roleplaying as a soldier in the 107th Infantry Division, (specifically Fox Company, 3rd Battalion, 408th Infantry Regiment). You’re a former convict who chose war over prison, a choice you were given in court.
You might think that people do not care about your background on the battlefield, that we’re all brothers out there, but you could not be more wrong. You’re a criminal, the other units wants as little as possible to do with the 107th. You’re the first ones in, and the last ones out. They will not go easy on you.

The roleplay will start on May 30th, 1944, when we arrive in England seven days before our first operation, the invasion of Europe.

There is eight spots available that I'll reveal once I get at least five people showing interest in this. Those spots will soon be filled up with the men that we’ll follow through out the liberation of Europe.

RULES

Respect and Etiquette: Be courteous to the others participating in the roleplay. If you plan on leaving the roleplay, please let me know beforehand. You should also write yourself out of it, in character.
Godmodding/Metagaming/Powerplaying: This is regarded as the ultimate low in Roleplaying, as it’s not only unfair but also disrespectful. I’m sure you know what godmodding/metagaming/powerplaying is, if not, I highly suggest you look it up before joining this roleplay. If anyone is caught doing this, I will give that person a warning. If that person continues to break this rule, I will kick him or her out of this roleplay.

Basic English Is Your Friend: Proper grammar, spelling and punctuation is very important in roleplaying. I’m not asking for A+ English as it’s not even my first language, but basic English knowledge is a requirement.

Content Is More Important Than Length: I won’t ask for a four page English essay for each post. (No one does that, but you get the point.) I’ll simply say, a well-written paragraph is more than enough to satisfy me. With that said, one paragraph per post is a minimum.

Be Reasonable and Realistic: You do not have unlimited ammo/grenades, do not “Run N’ Gun” and there’s always a bigger gun. Try to be a realistic as possible, I do not want anyone to go all “Rambo” on us.

Every Action Has a Reaction: While it’s easy to disregard things in a roleplay-setting, everything you do has consequences or some effect on the world around you. What do you do when you capture a dozen Waffen-SS men who executed 50 innocent men, women and children just moments before you arrive? The bodies are still cooling when the Nazis surrender with a smile… What would you do?

Keep The Drama Inside The Roleplay: I do not want any drama outside of the roleplay, please. However, feel free to bring it in to the actual roleplay.

You absolutely must follow these rules, and of course the rules of Roleplaynation.
When you want to "pre-reserve" a spot in this roleplay, please name your favourite colour. This way I'll know that you have read the rules.
Thank you!

Last edited:
NorthOfOrdinary NorthOfOrdinary I'll have to think about it! I'd prefer not to, as I want the roleplay to be as realistic as possible. (I know there was women fighting in the Second World War but I'm sure you know what I mean, it was not that common.) But I'm going to give it a thought, so maybe! I'll message you as soon as I have made up my mind! ^_^

Consider me potentially interested ... Might be more active after Christmas when my schedule cools off though.

I'm interested

Although I don't really know how the army operates (specifically the differences between battalions amd regiments) but I'm sure I could figure it out as the roleplay progresses

Users who are viewing this thread

Back