• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Devil Goes to College (kaalban)

Characters
Here

Fae_Whisperer

I will steal your kneecaps (˃ᆺ˂✿)
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Damon sat on the foot of the stairs leading up to his dorm room. He currently had his phone in his hands, and he was checking his class schedule. Today was Thursday, his next new class wouldn’t be until 3pm. The History of the Greek Gods. Perfect, right up his alley. He was thankful that he did have an advantage which would make the class a whole lot easier.

Despite outward appearances, Damon was a major history buff. He always seemed to have some knowledge of certain eras, historic people- as if he’s almost been there. Then again he was going for a Bachelor’s of Science in History knowing that was the best choice given his current circumstances.

He had about 30 minutes of downtime, and about 15 minutes to walk to his class. He decided to go grab something to eat, and in the meantime check his laptop for any assignments he might have missed. If his parents could see him now, Damon knew for certain they’d be wondering why he chose to go to school. To put it simply, an immortal such as himself had nothing else better to do.

Damon Morningstar

• Height: 6’5 / 195cm
  • Weight: 185lbs / 83kg
  • Race: Human Presenting
  • Appearance (AI generated, no reference used, only word based then edited to my preference):
B17EBE3C-6215-4DA1-BD40-3EC2798D1147.jpeg
His ‘normal’ eye color is an icy, intense flame blue​
  • Family: Hades and Persephone
  • Background:
    Damon was born in the Underworld, spelled Daemon at first. Persephone was very surprised on giving birth to a red inky black skinned babe. But nevertheless she loved him all the same. Growing up, Damon began to learn magic and just shy of his 18th birthday, opened up a portal to another dimension (aka the earth we know). He had opened the dimension to the time of Adam and Eve. Being the curious creature he was, he ventured forth. Soon learning that his cousin, Jesus- aka Zeus’ demigod son had been given dominion over this realm. And of course, Damon wanted to have some fun and mess around with his cousin. But soon they both came to an agreement that Damon would play the bad guy and Jesus would take all the credit and praise. Damon didn’t mind, either way he got his own underworld or hell, you would call it- and basically lived there for over half of a millennia- but that didn’t mean he wasn’t busy. He became Lucifer- the famous ‘Satan’ written in some old manuscript, and quite preferred to listen to all of the rumors. But in actuality the reason why he had opened that portal was in search of his friend who had went missing. He has had no luck in finding them, and hopes to find them soon. With reincarnation being a thing, he wonders if he will meet them again.
  • Likes/Dislikes:
    • Likes: warm coffee smells, leather smells and the smell that occurs just before it rains- since residing in the human world for far too long he has also developed a preferred taste for spicy food.
    • Dislikes: that he has no other choice but to go back every now and then ‘manage’ Hell but thankfully his minions/lesser demons work for him in that regard.

Last edited:
Hey! This interests me a whole lot! I assume that you'd play Damon and I'd play... someone I choose? Is this just an adventure story or a romance?

Hey! This interests me a whole lot! I assume that you'd play Damon and I'd play... someone I choose? Is this just an adventure story or a romance?
Hey :3 actually this rp is reserved for someone else but I'm willing to do an AU with a different setting and we could plot in PMs! I'll message you there

The History of the Greek Gods

Irene May checked the numbers displayed on her phone, which informed the woman that she had around fifteen minutes of free time. Had she worn the wooden ring, the voice of doubt and worry would have nagged her to hurry and hurry and hurry. The silver ring with the crescent moon at its center lulled it. The air which might have agitated or energized only existed as a constant. The people that passed her by were only people, neither friends nor competitors.

Setting her sight, Irene pondered.

Strange… These rings I have. Wooden, silver moon and golden sun. They were always mine, even when I was a child. Mum told me that they just happened to be in front of our home. Kept appearing even after she disposed of them, three times, I think? And then she just gave up. Luckily for me. Probably sheer coincidence.

The silver shines clarity of the mind. The gold invigorates one’s spirit. And wood soothes your roots.

Irene repeated this mantra of hers. Poems, they once were. Maturity shied away from poetry, and reaffirmed them as mere mantras.

Her stomach grumbled; coffee did not alleviate her fatigue. Something brought her spirit down, and the silver moon could not explain why. Irene May switched the silver ring with the golden one. The golden sun flipped the bird to this unexplainable tiredness.

“Gotta grab some snacks.”

There were quite a handful of people in the cafeteria. Among them, she noticed a man. Very tall. A certain force pulled her attention to him. It was as if his presence commanded her to look upon him. Despair? Rejoice? Irene was unsure. His eyes harbored both the chill of ice and heat of flame.

“D…”

Her mouth moved. But, she didn’t know how to continue. She was taken away from this unorthodox state of trance.

Did I see him before?

She checked one more time.

Nah. I wouldn’t forget that guy if I knew him. But, I don’t.

(you know, now that I think about it Damon is not good at hiding his appearance, he could have altered his height a bit XD - also, love your intro!)

As Damon stood in line to order his food, he felt as if someone was staring. But then again, who wouldn't stare at him? He practically loomed over the lot of people here, and now thinking back on it, he probably should have adjusted his height just a smidgen more if he wanted to be inconspicuous.

Should've made myself average height.. Damon thought to himself as he adjusted the leather jacket that he wore. It didn't help that his favorite footwear were combat boots that easily gave him a few more inches.

Sighing, he looked down at his phone again as the line slowly crawled forward. Perhaps he shouldn't have decided to get food- he didn't want to be late to his class. At least it wasn't too far away from the cafetiera.

Damon's thoughts began to wander once more and he couldn't help but think about the friend that he lost. Closing his eyes, he could practically feel the splatter of blood on his face once more. Memories flashed in his mind- his friend- horribly injured. This was intentional, a direct attack on the Oracles at the temple of Hecate for reasons he couldn't remember. He had caught her as she fell, and he had tried to use what healing magic he had learned to stop her bleeding. But it was too late. Damon thought he would at least see her in the Underworld, but for some cruel punishment she never ended up there. So he went looking for answers. His father had told him Zeus would give more clarity on these things, since he was the one to create life now. But unfortunately Damon had to track his uncle down, and ended up at the earth we now know. So there he stayed, trying to find his friend again throughout history..but had no such luck.

Damon reopened his eyes and moved forward to order his food. Once he paid, he went to go stand off to the side and wait on his order. For some odd reason he had caught the scent of someone familiar. But with all of the humans that resided here, what he had caught- it went away just as quickly as he had picked it up. Odd, Damon would think, glancing around the cafeteria now.

Maybe it was the sun ring.

Her attention called Irene to pay attention to that tall guy. Maybe it was someone she knew all along, lost from memory for whatever reasons. Her eyes darted for that tall guy, before she found him once more, as if her mind marked him from the beginning. Of course, a presence like his would be hard to ignore, she thought.

Then, Irene May grunted. Something hurt her. Something… Blood? Spilt? No, none of that happened. On the edge of reality and sudden unreality, the woman felt pain leaking out of her body. A man, whose touch had been tender and caring in this uncertain picture, was holding her. Maybe it happened in a particularly powerful dream, one that could leave its mark on the mind forevermore. This potential answer cleared her head and washed away the pain, firmly rooting her in reality. Irene struggled to remember what she had said in that dream of hers, as her supposed last words.

Was it “I love you”?

Or “We shall meet again”?

The more effort she put into remembering, the more the answers eluded her. The lunar part of her that leaked out did not help the matter either. It does not make any sense, she said to herself.

Well, if it’s a dream, it doesn’t matter, does it?

Still, Irene May’s instinct tried to convince her voicelessly that she ought to check. Perhaps, there was an unfulfilled promise of sorts. To strangers? No way. In any case, the thinking head began to load unnecessary weight. The only way to get rid of it was to ask. Irene May who wore the golden ring was able to do so.

The woman of three rings got her food faster than expected, and she rushed straight to this mystery man.

“What a nice day, isn’t it?” Irene said, laughing to herself a little. The golden ring killed the embarrassment that might have emboldened the wooden ring. “Hi, I’m Irene May. It’s just I wanted to ask you something: do you know me?”

Damon had just gotten his food, and was about to go sit down somewhere before a voice spoke- a voice that reminded him of how the sun felt on his skin. He looked towards where the source came from and saw Irene. His normally pale skin grew even whiter- as if he had just seen a ghost. The uncanny resemblance this woman in front of him held, her face reminded him of a feeling long forgotten, and something stirred inside of him.

Damon decided to keep walking, going to his class instead. He had to contain his composure.

"I'm sorry, I'm not sure I recognize you." He responded in confusion to Irene's question.

Liar.

His voice resembled how a fire would feel, warm and inviting- but could easily burn you if you were careless. Those flame blue colored eyes of his tried hiding their shock, icing over in less than a second.

He walked down some stairs, turning a corner and coming to the hallway where his class was located. Just beyond a closed door at the end of this hallway would be the lecture room. He slowed down his pace and came to a stop, realizing Irene walked here too. Of course she would have the same class as him, as the fates would have it. This wasn't a cruel joke played by them, was it?

Looking back to her, he sighed softly.

"My name is Damon, maybe you recognize me from somewhere?" he figured he would ask, but he knew it'd be pointless. At this time he wasn't sure if Irene truly was who he thought she was. It wasn't like she would remember him anyways- it had been so long, nearly a hundred thousand years and a different dimension now separated that life from him.

"You'll be taking my heart to Elysium..but I promise I will come for you." He promised and had kissed her forehead while feeling her life pass from his arms.

What a bitter, empty promise that never could be fulfilled. She hadn't been there. She wasn't anywhere in the Underworld.

Damon had only hoped he could meet her in another lifetime. But, you couldn't kill the Devil. So he went looking for her instead, and now, being here- with a woman that resembled her-- surely there had to be some possibility...

That person just left, only answering in a brief manner. Irene May remained stunned, then frowned a little.

“That’s pretty rude. Still, I guess he gave an answer."

Despite such abruptness, the warm touch of his voice remained with Irene. The desire within the woman drew itself towards that voice, like a moth to a flame. He does have a nice voice. And… No, no, Irene.

She changed her golden ring to her silver one. Her thinking cleared away all distractions to focus on the next class. Yet, as Irene marched to the class, her eyes noticed him again. The man with a voice like flame. With eyes like ice. And yet, for now, the man with no name. It turned out that they shared the same class, History of Greek Gods.

Funny coincidence, the mind tempered by silver thought.

As Irene took out her tablet and the book required for the lecture, she noticed a purple note sticking out from one of the pages. She opened the page to see the information about Hecate, Goddess of Magic.

Hecate.

That name always stirred Irene’s very being. This unknown, outside force rattled her thinking. The word Hecate latched onto Hades, then onto Damon…

Who is Damon? Am I really this tired right now?

Her mind then darted to that man.

He… I… We… don’t know each other. Yeah.

Irene yawned, covering her mouth to not make a sound. Those visions from moments ago and this bizarre chain of thinking perhaps drained her mental stamina.

Noticing she really didn't hear his introduction-- things now hung in the air on a wave of awkward silence, and Damon had to recompose himself- glancing around to see no one else really paid attention to what was happening anyways. Perhaps it was just him, but Damon felt like he always had a way to speak to a person without anyone outside of the conversation noticing or even giving him a glance, almost like he was invisible to others. Guess it was a side effect of who he was in reality.

After a few minutes of waiting, Damon and the rest of the students began to shuffle into the lecture room, the door finally opened as the professor had unlocked it for them. Once settled in his seat- Damon's eyes fell on the woman again, her name was resounding in his mind again and again.

Irene...Irene..

No. She isn't her. But..was..it..her? She..her features are a bit different. But then again this is another dimension..

Damon had to shake his head to refocus himself. He could feel his heart racing, like it would almost leap out of his chest.

Calm your devil, breathe...think about this rationally.

Damon let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding.. and then, the voice inside of his head finally quieted down as he began to focus on the lecture. He took his laptop out and opened it up, and once logged in he had the book required for the class pulled up on his screen.

Hecate. Of course, who else would the lecture be about? Giving a small sigh and a subtle eye roll, Damon scrolled through the pages of the book, his eyes skimming the words. Most of this book was fairly accurate, of course his name was spelled differently- Daemon. It was briefly mentioned but nevertheless his name stuck out to him. He didn't want the others to notice so he flicked his hand nonchalantly and used a bit of magic- his name in the book was omitted- and the memories of those who was there would not even notice something was gone from the text, as most forgot to bring the book to the lecture anyways.

But the magic in Irene's ring, prevented Damon's magic from working effectively. Little did he know that she would be questioning herself about his very existence right now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back