• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Day the World Died (zombie rp)

lunartranquility

Magic Eight Ball
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The Day the World Died

{I am looking for a 1x1 partner to rp a post-apocalyptic love story. My character will be a girl named Natalia Snyder. I will include a whole bio about her at the bottom. I would prefer for this to be MxF but I would be open to starting a separate rp that takes place in the same universe with different characters that are FxF, MxM, etc.

I would like her love interest to be an easy going, “himbo” type character. One who can help her see the light in all her darkness. It is vital that he has a good sense of humor. If your OC matches this, send me a message!

I would also prefer that you send me a character bio following a similar format I used, but a detailed character bio, no matter the format, is a must. Also at least one paragraph per post! Absolutely no one-liners. I understand writer's block is real and a pain, but I can’t help build the story back up if I don’t have much to work with. If you get bored with the rp, just tell me, no hard feelings}

Backstory

The day the world died. October 11th, 2019. We all remember it well, unfortunately. It started as a rabies outbreak in 2017. Except instead of symptoms showing up over time, the effects showed instantly. It spread and killed a horrific amount of natural wildlife and pets. It took scientists a lengthy 2 years to create a vaccine and cure for this. I know what you're thinking. Sounds like a happy story, doesn’t it? You would be wrong. Over the next year or so, we would notice an uptick in rabies cases again. This time, the drugs had no effect. So, so many animals died. It was devastating. Even the most abundant of species became endangered. Even opossums, famous for not being able to contract rabies, became susceptible. Eventually, farmers opted to humanely euthanize entire flocks that came in contact with the virus. This mutated version of the virus seemingly melted their brains, leaving half dead, extremely aggressive husks of their former selves. The worst part? The virus didn’t even have the decency to kill them. Almost all of them had to be euthanized. Only a few were kept alive for research purposes. So that we could get in front of this murderous train and try to stop it. But that's where everything went downhill.

One of the scientists was bitten by one of the rabid racoons we managed to capture. We all froze. A human hadn’t been infected with this mutated virus before. Nobody knew what would happen. Then his eyes glazed over. Foam started pouring from his mouth. And then it was like a flip switched. A low, inhuman growl erupted from his chest, and he lunged, sinking his teeth into the nearest person. Then another. The room exploded into chaos. I remember calling out for my mom. I was only 16 at the time and doing an internship at the lab my mom worked at. Before I could find my mom, I was shoved out of the room by the crowd of panicking scientists. I took off, already accepting the fact that my mom was gone. With the way it had spread, anyone who had been bitten was now devolving into a feral, insatiable beast. I took off into the woods. Hiding out for a few days, barely surviving. That was 4 years ago. I still haven’t seen my mom–rather what’s left of her. My hometown’s population is mostly, if not all zombified now. For all I know, I may be the only living person left.

My Character

Name:
Natalia “Nat” Snyder
Appearance: Nat is around 5’6” and fairly lean. She has slight curves, but not super noticeable due to a restricted diet. Her hair is about mid-length, pin-straight and black. Her hair is either down, to prevent headaches or in a sleek ponytail. The ends are slightly jagged as the result of self-done haircuts. She was a scientist and not a hairdresser for a reason. She has a slight tan, from spending a ton of time outdoors scavenging for food that is still suitable to eat. She has her mother’s eyes, a very light blue that was often a tell-tale sign of how she was feeling. They darkened whenever she was upset or mad. She has a few small, barely noticeable scars all over her arms and legs from running through brush and climbing trees. Her face is heart-shaped with a small, pointed nose. Her lips are thin on top and a bit fuller on the bottom.

She tends to wear a pair of cargo-jogger type pants she scavenged from an abandoned sporting goods store along with a pair of black hiking boots from the same place. She switches between a few of her dad’s old shirts that she managed to retrieve from her old house before other survivors scavenged her home.

Personality: Nat tends to be no-nonsense and tries to plan for everything. She is very much a control freak though she doesn't try to be. She doesn’t crack jokes or hardly ever laughs. She is very obviously traumatized and suffers greatly from PTSD. She suffers from flashbacks and the best thing you can do is let her ride it out and make sure she doesn’t harm herself or anyone else in the process. She is very emotionally sensitive but tries to hide it. Nat has big feelings and once the dam overflows, it breaks. Because of this, she is known to lash out in big ways and then spend the next few weeks isolating.

On a more positive note, when with the right people, she is basically the opposite. She loves to tell jokes and make wise cracks at her friends. She is very kind and compassionate and has a huge heart. Though she tends to be a more logical thinker, she will learn to let her emotions have a say when making certain decisions. Despite everything that has happened to her, her cold heart is easily unthawed. That being said, she takes heartbreak very seriously and can be downright malicious if you dare trample her heart. She is fiercely loyal and protects the ones she loves with her life.

History: Nat comes from a family of scientists. Her father was a zoologist and her mother, a Virologist. Her father unfortunately passed away in a car accident in 2016 (a year before the virus mutated). Her mother is presumably a zombie or passed on.

Hopefully the lengthy back story is okay! This is how I have always started a finder! If you have any questions, you can ask them below!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back