• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Curse of the Gengar

Characters
Here
Other
Here

PopcornPie

Dazed, confused, but chugging on.
"Ouch! No, please, stop!" A pale Zorua was overwhelmed by the usual horde of Zubats. They bit her, hit her with their wings, even confused her. She could only run in circles, smacking into stalagmites. It was a bloody miracle that she'd managed to lose them; quite literally, because their bites had drawn blood. She was aching all over. How could being a Pokémon be so difficult?

Unsure of what to do with herself, the tiny black Pokémon limped through the forest, her heart jumping to the side with every Pokémon who hissed at her. Perhaps it was because they could sense that she used to be human. But why didn't they help, if that was the case? Weren't Pokémon naturally good at heart? Didn't anyone want to at least tell her where she was?

This particular Zorua still called herself Millie, but wasn't sure how much longer the name would stick.

P PopcornPie

As the Zorua walked through the forest, the 'vines' in the canopy began to slink across the trees, slowly but surely wrapping around branch and tree, as a voice echoed around the trees.

"Poor little fox... Lossst and alone, bullied by the Pokemon of the foressst."

the glint of a slitted eye could be seen through the leaves, as the voice continued-

"Aren't you a little far from Your normal home?"

An Arbok slithered around a branch and looked down

"Nyeh...?" Millie curled up on the ground, her eyes darting around the canopy. A Pokémon finally wanted to talk to her, but was that truly a good thing? But it was still better than nothing, so she answered. "Yes. I was turned into a Pokémon!" She cried.

In Vaniville Town, a young boy rouses from an uneasy sleep. He had the 'helpless' dream again. Well at least he's awake now. Wait... What day is it? "It's the day! My birthday!" Jason got dressed in his usual dungarees and T-shirt before heading downstairs to find his mother and older sisters waiting. "Happy Birthday!" "Happy 10th birthday especially!"
Jason was speechless except for "thank you...guys!" and an excited squeal. His mother, a teacher and part-time baker, had prepared a breakfast of some of Jason's favourite Kalosian pastries/Galarian cooked items. Once this was mostly finished by the four of them, Jason got up and said "I've got to get to the lab quickly, but I'll be back once I have my Pokémon!"
With that, Jason rushed off to Sycamore's lab and opened the door, ready for his journey to start...

(I'm hoping that's an acceptable length and not too bad a cliffhanger, I'm going to sleep)

P PopcornPie

His head lowered down to eye level with the Zorua, as he flicked out his tounge with a look of pity of his face

"My... How er- troubling a phenomenon~ you mussst feel helplesss"

This Pokemon was clearly insane, but that made it all the easier to play with, his tail slowly slinked around the back of the little fox as he continued to keep its attention.

"Every human hasss a name, don't they? Well: what's yours- little fox? Anssswer me that and I may be able to asssisst you"

He hissed out with another flick of his tongue

Blu was wandering through the woods, in one small hand he gripped an oran berry he'd gotten after lucking upon a tree full of them. The Gible believed he quite liked this forest, although a lot of the pokemon seemed to be prickly. He wondered how pokemon could be so angry when they lived in such a nice place, there was so much more food here then in the bleak cold mountain he'd come from. As he pushed through a bush Blu became aware of an odd smell and some noise of conversation up ahead. Blu hurried up a little bit until the source of the noise and smell came into sight. It was an Arbok and a Zorua. "Oh, hey there" he said to them in friendly greeting,

Interaction: P PopcornPie Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc

"U-uh...yeah..." Millie's ears fell. "I really look stupid, don't I..." She sobbed a little. She wasn't supposed to be out here. She was supposed to be at home, protected by her parents. Now, thanks to her disobedience, she'd probably never even see her house again. "I'm Millie..." She choked up.

Then she heard someone else coming, and gasped. "Um...hi..." Her pale blue eyes bounced up and down, carefully studying Blu's shape. Those fangs gave her the willies.

The Arbok sneered happily as the poor little Zorua wept, sliding his tail closer as his tongue flicked out more.

"Aww- poor little 'Millie' lossst and alone, but don't worry, I am Edzan, and I know every bit of this foressst, so jussst let me take over-"

His jaw unhinged as he rose above the fox when a noise cut him off, a small Gible had found its way to them, he quickly looped the tail to the Back of himself, faking a yawn as it drew close.

"Aaahh~ another little pessst- Pokemon in the deep and ssscary woodsss I sssee, Fear not, I'll ssshow you both the way..."

Great, this went from quick snack to baby sitting faster than he could have imagined. Even if that Gible was just a child he wouldn't risk a 2 on 1 battle, especially against a ground type. So with a frown he slithered across the ground to an opening in the brush.

"Thisss way ssshould be sssave from any meaniesss, kehehe- come along friendsss."

He'd have to be clever to pick them both off for snack time.

"Yeah, I know..." Millie sniffled. "You're the first Pokémon to want to talk to me. Every other one attacked me." But that, by no means, meant that Edzan was safe. Just because she was stupid enough to be in the woods alone didn't mean that she hadn't been taught about stranger danger. Of course, giving her name was a pretty big misstep in that regard, but she was just so desperate for someone to at least help her remember it.

Her fear was only amplified when he appeared to yawn, and she could see all his big, sharp snake teeth. Did she have those? Her tongue ran a lap around her mouth. Nope, no big, sharp snake teeth. Just dumb little fox teeth.

DORIS KERSEY

“Why’d I have to get lost in this stupid forest anyways....”

A young girl mumbled to no one in particular as she trudged from the dense woods in no particular direction. This was a usually much quieter girl named Doris Kersey. Just a few hours ago she’d been right alongside her parents but as soon as they had left her to her own devices she’d foolishly decided that it’d be a good idea to wander into the woods for photography purposes despite her general ignorance to the location. So now her she was, alone and afraid without the slightest chance of finding a way out of there. It was a miracle that the girl had even been able to keep this calm until now. Alas, all that Doris could do was hope her luck would somehow turn for the better as unlikely as that’d be.

From a couple of feet away the girl could hear the rustling of leaves and movement. Working up Her courage, she silently stalked over to where the sounds came from anxiety swelling from within. At the realization that the source was from a group of Pokémon Doris quickly hid behind a tree as to not earn their attention. None of them were native to Hoenn in the slightest. There was what she remembered were called a Zoura, an Arbok, and a Gibble. Remembering she had a Pokéball on her, Doris for a moment had considered using it to catch one of the creatures but ultimately decided against it. Instead she pulled out her camera and crouched a bit further down. Quietly she aimed her shot until all of the Pokémon were in focus and frame. After a few more seconds a flashing light and click came out from Doris’s device.

“Crap! Why was it on flash!?”

The Pokémon from nearby would have definitely been able to hear her presence by now.
P PopcornPie Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc Yahhah Yahhah

"Eeek!" Millie bolted as soon as the flash hit her retinas, only to stop cold and realize: that was a human! Who could be better at helping her become human again than another human! Excited, she ran back to Doris, wagging her tail. "Hey! Have you seen a pinkish Gengar? It turned me into this!" Unfortunately, the language barrier between humans and Pokémon quickly became apparent.

Last edited:
Edzan's pupils dilated as the flash went off, he rose his body upwards abd flared out his hood to scare whatever tried to surprise him

Edzan's Ability: Intimidate!

He glared at the human in the brush, this was the second set back in a row, he hissed angrily at Doris, as he swayed his body back and forth.

"I grow tired of thisss, Come with me, Millie, elssse be tricked by thisss human into captivity! I'm sssure you and the Gible can make a get away!"

He bared his fangs as he hissed, this human was going to make it FAR to difficult to complete his lunch, and if the Zorua stayed with them hed never get his meal

P PopcornPie SheepKing SheepKing Yahhah Yahhah

Jason stepped into Professor Sycamore's lab and waited excitedly until the professor walked around a corner and greeted him "(Insert beginning of game (name/gender) and starter picking dialogue". Jason looked at the Pokémon lined up and his gaze immediately drifted to Fennekin. A fire type would useful for the first gym and the forest and it's so damn cute! Jason weighed up the options but didn't hesitate long and picked his starter. With that decision, Jason also received his Pokédex and Pokéballs and returned home.
th.jpg
(Pokémon get - Renard 'René' d'Argent the Shiny Fennekin!)

Jason arrived home to a wave of "Aww!"s from his family, hopefully towards René and not him in his outfit. After a few minutes of fussing over the two, Jason is finally ready to receive... "My old town map! It's still accurate, I think." and his own pair of running shoes! Once Jason had retrieved his bag, he also got the usual "Call or visit once in a while, yeah?" "Good luck out there, Jay!" "Bring me back something from Lumiose!" "Bailey?!" "What?"

So finally, Jason leaves his hometown and enters Aquacorde to stock up on Pokéballs before encountering his first wild Pokémon, a Pidgey which ignores him, and his second, a Bunnelby!
(Gotta go to school now)

Blu watched the two of them as the Zorua nervously returned his greeting. “Well I’m a little new to the area and haven’t really found anybody willing to really talk yet” said Blu.

Then he noticed the Zorua’s ruffled appearance and gasped. The Gible dropped the berry in surprise. “Are you okay” he asked, but suddenly felt the bright light.

Being from a remote mountain Blu had never seen a human before, he turned over towards it and heard the Zorua shout something about her being a human, and he also heard the Arbok yell something about them getting away. Was a human dangerous? “What was that? I didn’t know humans were so bright” he said, shaking his head to try and recover after that bright flash.

Mentioned: P PopcornPie Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc SheepKing SheepKing

Last edited:
"I've been puffing up a lot, I guess..." Millie hung her head. "Because I'm new, too. I kept stepping into everyone's territory, and they got mad at me." She paused to scratch the Zubat bites. Then her ears tilted towards Edzan. "Run? B-but..." She started taking steps backwards. "Maybe she can help me."

[Battle Start!]
"Alright! (Oh God, that was loud) Let's start this off with Ember, s'il vous plait René!" The Fennekin spits out a gout of fire and the Bunnelby uses Dig after the hit. "Can't throw a Pokéball, so just keep an eye and ear on the ground, René." The Bunnelby surfaces and René manages the brunt of the force, but not the hit entirely. "Trés Bien! Now I just aim and..." The Pokéball sails through the air and taps the Bunnelby, capturing it and clicking after 3 spins. "Yay! Now what should I call him? Lapin sounds good." Jason played around with the ball for a few seconds before pressing the button. "Come on out, Lapin, don't be shy." The Bunnelby looked around for a bit, confused, before recognising his trainer and responding.

640px-659Bunnelby.png
(Pokémon Get - Lapin the Bunnelby!)

A short while later on Route 2, Jason reached the Santalune Forest. He found a potion that someone had just thrown into the grass pretty quickly and put it into his backpack. He walked for a bit, through 3 three long grass patches, and found 2 monkey Pokémon, Panpour and Pansage playing in the grass and... was that... yes! A Pikachu behind them! René jumped off of Jason's shoulder and he got a Pokéball out when...

*Click!* The camera flash was visible, and audible, from where he was. What was that? The Pikachu could wait... Jason went a bit off trail and thought nhe could see another trainer in a commotion with Pokémon! He just waited where he was for now... What was going on?

Edzan hissed toward the human and looked to Millie

"Thatsss right! Run quick, the only thing humansss are good for is taking thingsss from you!"

He opened his mouth and exposed his large fangs while slowly slithering toward Doris.

Yahhah Yahhah P PopcornPie SheepKing SheepKing

Blu perked up when the Zorua said that she was also new to the area, but then what she’d said to the human also flashed back into his mind. “Wait, turned you into this... Did you used to be something else” Blu asked the Zorua who seemed to be beginning to retreat, almost forgetting about the human. Until the Arbok continued goading them into running. “It doesn’t look dangerous” he pointed out. Of course it should be noted that all Blu knew about humans came from horror stories he’d heard from other Pokémon in the mountains so he’d imagined them being a little bigger and scarier then that, and Blu wasn’t exactly one to run from anything except for ghosts of course but this thing didn’t look like a ghost type. Then he got hold of another smell. There was another human? He turned towards it, and then looked at the other two Pokémon. What had he stumbled onto?

Mentioned: P PopcornPie Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc SheepKing SheepKing BlueJay1403 BlueJay1403

"Merde, I'm going to have to get involved in this and help, huh?" Jason stood up straight and walked into the clearing, summoning what little courage his little body held. "If you don't mind me asking, why are you out in the forest without a partner Pokémon, Mademoiselle?" He had two Pokémon and was decently confident that he could at least scare this wild Arbok into leaving or defend himself, on his own, if came to that. The other two looked docile enough and one of them had noticed him beforehand.
Mentioned: SheepKing SheepKing Yahhah Yahhah Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc P PopcornPie

Last edited:
"Two of them!" Millie exclaimed. Despite the Arbok's warnings, she gave in to her needs and padded towards them. "I'm a human, too! I got turned into a Pokémon! Can you help me?" She glanced back towards Blue and Edzan. "D'you think they can understand me?" She hoped so, everyone needed to know about that strange Gengar, who had the gall to go around and turn kids into Pokémon! Especially if it was hanging around!

"Well?" While Jason waited for an answer without trying to patronising, the smaller Pokémon came up to him and started... yapping like crazy. Firstly he pulled out his Pokédex and saw that this one was a...
[Zorua - The Tricky Fox Pokémon
To protect themselves from danger, they hide their true identities by transforming into people and Pokémon.]
Oh, okay then. Its noises are too frantic and structured to be mere ramblings. "Are you trying to say something, petite Zorua?" A Pokémon known for transforming into others not acting very much like a Pokémon?

"Yes! Yes, I am!" Millie begged. "If you can't help me, at least make sure the Gengar doesn't get you, too! Run home to your mommy and daddy, before it's too late..." She sniffled. She just wanted to pour herself into their arms again.

Was this some kind of warning? He couldn't understand it if so. What should he do? He could leave the Zorua here, but then who knows what would happen? He could leave it free but let it come along for protection... "What do think we should do? You still haven't answered my question, by the way." Jason was staying put for now, but he really wanted to keep going...
P PopcornPie SheepKing SheepKing

"I don't think he can understand me..." Millie turned around sadly. "This is terrible. A dangerous Pokémon is out there, and I can't tell anyone about it!"

"I can't believe I'm lost...but I guess I get a free pass at some sight seeing until I find the path again." A young man muttered to himself as he looked at his Pokedex, a Rowlet on his shoulder sleeping soundly. Sighing softly, he ran his fingers through his hair, messing it up from it's ponytail. He had planned to head to Lumiose City and talk with the Professor there, mostly about scanning the starters of the region in his Dex if possible. Aitua kicked a pebble for a moment as all he saw was trees and bushes, for the most part.

"Hey Rocko? Buddy, could you try and find the path again?" Aitua asked as he nudged the flying and grass type gently, waking him.

Rocko cooed tiredly, before taking flight and flying above the trees. Squinting, he glanced the way and that before a peculiar gathering caught his eye. Swooping down the Rowlet would land on one of the trainers head with a soft and tired coo.

"What's the commotion?" He spoke to the other Pokemon present, before his gaze zeroed in on the Arbok in question. His feathers ruffled almost instantly as he woke up fully, identifying it as a threat to his trainer should he come that way.

P PopcornPie BlueJay1403 BlueJay1403 SheepKing SheepKing Yahhah Yahhah Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back