• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Confedaracy of Stars

I have a problem with the offensive and defensive specializations. It makes the game look like an intergalactic game of Rock Paper Scissors.

I thought it might help encourage people to use political and underhanded tactics to get ahead rather than just war.

Technically....there's no air in space, so no air resistance. Anything fired with strong force from a cannon of some sort would literally having nothing to stop it from going full speed, except shields or the target it hits. So cannons would work in space, but probably mostly for close range.

Add to that the lack of planetary gravity for some engagements, the cannons would have nothing to drag down their firing angles. It would literally be point and shoot directly. 

Granted it will have to be some forms of advanced cannon and ammunition, but the principles of the cannon are effective in space.

Add to that the lack of planetary gravity for some engagements, the cannons would have nothing to drag down their firing angles. It would literally be point and shoot directly. 

Granted it will have to be some forms of advanced cannon and ammunition, but the principles of the cannon are effective in space.

But how would it be connected to a ship? Would the firing mechanisms be inside?

You can't ignite anything in space. And having a hole in the ship, even if for a second, could kill people.

You can't ignite anything in space. And having a hole in the ship, even if for a second, could kill people.

The loading and firing section with the loading mechanism acting like an airlock. Though in truth the loading is mostly automated. I use cannons though a better term would be artillery or howitzers. If it really bothers you i can make cannons technically rail-guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back