• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Confedaracy of Stars

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Lucky Laki Malakis

request__flag_of_united_earth_fed_by_generalhelghast-d58nlsz.png

The idea is inspired by series like Dune, warhammer 40k, firefly  Stellaris, feudal west and japan, so if you know these things you can get the idea of what i am going towards. Still working on the exact background storyline but will have it up once this gets enough interest but the basics are: the nations of earth finally discover the secret of commercial space travel with the discovery of wormholes and stations used to harness them. With that humanity spread out across the galaxy with nations and companies setting up colonies were they could and bringing about a new renaissance for humanity. However what goes up must come down and humanities great expanse halted and fractured due to a great cataclysmic event, details of the events are not commonly known as records of that times are virtually non existent. There are of course many theories:  recivil war, rise of ai machine, alien invasion and black wholes are some of the theories, the end was the same though a dark age of humanity were great technologies were lost and most colonies lost contact with earth. Some colonies died of others formed nations and empires of their own.

One of these new power nations was that born from the colony of Novus Constantinopolis, under the legendary Doge Iranious spread through out the galaxy and through diplomacy conquest and of the old human colonies even reaching earth. From Earth Iranious founded the feudalistic galactic empire known as the Confederacy of Stars with himself at its head. The nations (or institution or companies)  that were born from the old colonies became Noble Houses which apart for following royal decrees and provide levies and taxes to the emperor alone are left to their own device, ruling as they please and forming armies. The old principles of chivalry and bushido of earth past became popular again, advance weapons like energy rifles, space ships, tanks and all that but the true measure of honour is fighting with the sword with reliance of technology considered a weakness. Over though years were peaceful and the appearance of honor maintained a new war began in the shadows. Political Intrigue and infighting for power began within the noble house each trying to expand their power or hold what they have. With this noble houses rose through power, wiping out other houses or bringing others to prominence, some even used it to bring their families into the royal thrones. Some rulers of the Confederacy tried to stop this intrigues with little success will other used it to their own gain.  

A now to the present time, Emperor of the throne is Justinian III, the senior director of the Noble Company of WarpCorp, who is coming to the end of his life with only a bastard son as heir. There is a discovery of new patch of old colonies near the outer rim of the galaxies bringing in possibilities of new resources, lost technologies and simple greater living space. You guys take charge of a noble houses as you go about your plots for power and glory. Will claim these planets for your own? WIll expand elsewhere at the cost of your noble houses, payback an old vendetta, go after the throne of earth itself, work for glorious independence or simply survive.

Really Interesting yet too much Eastern Roman Referencess...I'm almost tempted to be a Galactic Horde named the Seljuks...

Doesn't change much HRE-Late East Rome Basicly worked the same East Rome was a bit more centralized though and not an Elective Monarchy,I'm sure you've heard about Theme System the Byzantine equalivent of Feudalism with a severe lack of Centralization which led to internal conflict.In the end both were disolved because of this after invasions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our Supperior Futuristic-Cannons shall reing supreme! manned by Space Version of Janissaries.

Ehhh Actully I can allow that,many of the Ottoman Empire's Governors,Viziers,Grand Viziers,Generals Ect Ext were Low class peasant boys gathered by state from Dhimmi Families.

Jennisaries too as I recall. Technically it is not allowed in the empire to raise a serf greater than his place so when they are "recruited" they are no longer serfs. Speaking of which some of those boy recruits will be taken as tax for the empiror for his own troops. I actually forgot to mention it earlier.

Yes Janissaries were gathered from Dhimmi families as well,actually they were the children who did not pass the required intelligance to pass into the Endarun (Where Governors and Administrators of the Empire are taught)

Ohhh? Will we call you Emperor-Padishah Too? (I think those who have read the book would get my reference)

Welp pretty good book,the title Emperor-Padishah is unnecisary though as Padishah means Emperor too (Padishah-Padi=Lord-Shah=King) Lord of the Kings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back