• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Companions.

Ashman74

A Jedi knight Wannabe
(This idea was inspired by a few novels I love.) I'm not good with BBCoding so prepare for lots of text.

A group of childhood friends departed from their home towns several years ago. Each had their own destinies in mind. Adventure, wealth, love, power. Only they know their reasons. They all swore to meet again in five years time. But much can change people in five years. Events, both Tragic and good. Personalities change, as do morals. Some people may not be the same as they once were. Some may be exactly like they were before they left...

So yeah, that was the intro type thingy...Best get to the other details.

First off, I'll put down the (Useable) races that exist in my little fantasy world:

Humans: Humans are the most common of all Races. Unlike some created by the Gods of Light and Darkness they don't have a natural alignment. Each and everyone has the potential to good and bad things. They lack the long life given to most of the other races but are well known for doing great things in their short time them others will do in two hundred years. Every individual is different, each thinking different ways, having different views and much more. They have no real homeland due to the original humans being wanderers and settling in various parts of the world.

Elves:Elves are the first of Zezriel, God of life. They have the longest lives of all the races. They are very agile, skilled at archery and make up the majority of the Worlds magic users. There are many kind of elves, your default forest dwellers, The Dark elves who dwell underground alongside their longtime allies the Dwarves. The Ocean elves, a race similar to mermaids.

Gnomes:The incredibly short, hyperactive genius's The Gnomes usually live inside of mountains...Or in their floating city's. They are the most intelligent of the races having made vehicles that would make horses obsolete...If they were released to the public. Their flying machines would make the speediest of dragons struggle in a race. Most people fear what these people could do if they ever wanted to rule. But the Gnomes aren't too fond of that concept. Not much time to invent when you have to rule a world. They have prototype weapons that make Bow's and Crossbows look like children's toys...But these aren't released to the public. Gnomes are usually hard to understand as they rarely slow down when speaking.

Dwarves:Dwarves, the short alcoholic miners and crafters. Well known for being one of the best, if not the best weapon makers in the world they dwell in,Well, Under the Arctic. They are one of the deadliest races to do battle against, their high endurance and strength make them a terrifying foe to meet on the battlefield...Luckily most of them aren't too speedy due to their heavy weapons and armor, though there are a few exceptions to this. Dwarves are the second most advanced race in the land.

Draconians:The Dragon/Man Hybrid are 'the' most hated race of all. The cruel things in the past they've done still haven't been forgiven and most are killed on sight. Like real dragons they come in various types, fire, earth, ice, water and a few more. They are able to spew flames and such from their mouths but to a much lesser degree. Their wings aren't strong enough to grant them flight but they can use them to glide. They are fierce fighters that rival the speed of an elf, though this hasn't prevented them from being hunted to near extinction. They dwell in the lawlessness that is the desert.

Orcs:Orcs, the barbaric tribals who live in the desert. They are rather stupid though on occasion they breed a wise one capable of giving a gnome a run for its money. The wise ones often become chieftains of their tribe, though some are known to run off for greater things. They are a very strong race with a fierce temper and strong code of honor. They often raid the outlaw and raider groups that gather in their part of the world, not for trespassing but rather for their crimes.

Magic is also a complicated thing. I assume there will be questions so I'll post a bit of an explanation thats probably confusing as hell:

Magic is...A bit odd in my world. Only 15% Of the population can wield it And to wield it at its full potential they must take the trials of Sorcery at one of the many Nexus towers. If one doesn't take the trial they can still use magic, just to a lesser degree IE: No offensive/Attack spells, weak defense spells, a bit of healing and nature manipulation and thats about it. Every magic user has to constantly read over their spell books, after a mage/Wizard/etc Uses a spell it fades from their memory requiring them to relearn it again. Someone who takes the trials is also 'heavily' weakened physically. They'll get sick more, be incredibly weak. Someone capable of lifting an overweight cow with one arm would almost faint after stubbing their toe if they took the trials. With this said, some people make one time use scrolls for people without magic, or who didn't take the trials. There are a few types of magic. Attack IE: Element control, telekinesis, shadow/Dark attacks,light attacks and so on. Defense magic: Mainly based around creating Shields of Raw magic to protect the user from harm, there are also elemental shields as well. Conjuration: Not much needs to be said, its based around creating creatures, as well as a bit of necromancy. Then theres healing, pretty straight forward, Control: Mainly based around dominating the minds of an opponent and thats pretty much it. Finally: Magic heavily taxes the user, it tires them, takes away energy, and makes them hungry and thirsty.

Magic is the same for all of them, however each is stronger with a different type (Except for humans.)

Humans are good all around, they don't naturally have any strengths or weakness's in the beginning.

Normal Elves are best with light magic based magic, mainly healing. They're weak with Dark forms of magic and control.

Dark Elves are amazing with Control magic and Dark, unlike their counter parts.

Draconians and Orcs are almost tied for being great with Attack and defense spells, though the orcs are a bit better with defense then attack and draconians better with attack then defense, they suck with Conjuration.

I wont explain Ethernals.

Gnomes are amazing all around for reasons that'll be explained later in this post.

Now, with all that said, each race isn't bound to just the types of magic I've put for them, each is capable of using every type, it just may make using certain parts harder then others.

Now, onto the races that make up most of the magic users.

Elves have the majority. Humans come at a close second, Then Orcs, Dwarves Draconians and finally Gnomes.

Now, onto power. Each race has had incredibly strong magic users in the past, however these are the races that are naturally more powerful.

Gnomes: Having only 'one' magic user every hundred ish years. Due to this that one individual is 'very' powerful and is able to combine technology with Magic.

Second are Draconians due to their Dragon heritage.

Dwarves come next, Due to their small amount of magic users they have the average one is stronger then the average ones of the races to follow.

Orcs follow afterwards. Due to them rarely taking the trials they would be considered the weakest. However when one does they are quite scary.

Humans and elves come last due to their large numbers.

All of this was taken from another post I put it in. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Rules: RPN rules apply

Romance is allowed

No killing other peoples characters unless given permission too.

Characters may be denied if they do not fit the Rp.

It'll start if three people join.

Theres no required post length.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be interested, but just for the sake of asking, are the five friends the same race since they're form the same town?

No, The only race I'm iffy about someone using are Draconians. But aside from that it doesn't matter.

I'm interested. Though what would it be like? Their adventure during the 5 years or sort of returning back to their hometown after 5 years?

Either way, I really like your thoughts on the magic section!

Its about how they've changed over the years of being apart, and how that effects each of them when something (No spoilers.) Happens that puts them in the center of something big.

I was about to ask if the whole thing would be one super major angst-fest (I dont have anything against angst, but I had some bad experiences with it and 5 ocs that may have that effect is...err...) But seeing the posts, I guess not. I'm interested in joining this!

Magic is optional, I just put an explanation for whoever wanted their characters to have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back