• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Chronicles of Solis

SecretRock

The Leader of the Pantheon
The Chronicles of Solis
Map (2).jpg
The continent of Solis used to be one, united country under the banner of a single king. Things weren't always perfect, nothing usually is, but for the most part people were happy and well cared for. Things fell apart when the Gods started a war. The five gods who had created Solis no longer agreed on how they should work together. As they fought, the land they had cultivated fell apart due to the negative energy flowing from them, splitting into five different countries within it's borders and beginning to attack itself.

Centuries later, the Gods have reconciled their differences, turning their attention to the mortal world once again. They were horrified to see what their neglect had caused, chaos reigned the world and people suffered. Unable to intervene directly, each god chose a champion that represented their values and imbued them with powers. Now trusting these people to get the world back on track, the Gods can only wait, but they don't realise that in their absence a darkness has been growing...

That's the main idea for it anyway. I just want to see how many people are interested. These are the gods:
  • Epthys, Goddess of the Sky, Freedom, Fate
  • Anemis, Goddess of Death, Life, Balance
  • Soros, God of Magic, Belief, Pride
  • Acorr, God of the Land, Stability, Nurturing
  • Kymir, Goddess of the Sea, Change, War(Conflict)
And there's only one character per god, I'll elaborate on that more in the rules later. TyVibes TyVibes is my co-GM, so she'll be here too.

Rules:
  • There's limited spots (One Champion per god), and it's not first come first served.
  • If there are loads of people who want to be a Champion, I might come up with some more Gods.
  • Please make sure your character has flaws. It leads to funner gameplay.
  • Characters must be older than 20. I apprieciate that teens are fun to play sometimes, but I don't think the Gods would put the fate of Solis in the hands of people who aren't fully grown.
  • If your character is a Champion, their powers and personalities should be linked to what the god presides over. So a Champion of Kymir wouldn't have fire related powers.
  • This is fantasy, so magic and magical creatures are allowed in backgrounds and pets, but nothing is going to be as powerful as the powers the Gods provide.

Last edited:
If you're taking reservations, I'd like to claim dibs on Soros.

I just added the rules. It's not a first-come-first-served thing, and I need to talk to Ty about who we'll be playing, but I'm glad you're interested.

Interested.

EDIT:

Quick question, the PCs will be the humans selected, correct? And we'll get to interact as a party? I'm not interested in playing as the Gods themselves. But a party interaction to defeat the big bad seems fun.

Last edited:
*Crosses fingers* Soooooo, worldbuilding? Is the world a blank slate with nothing but the plot laid out, or do you have things like the nations and religions laid out already?
Same question with flora and fauna?

Anyway, mark me down as interested.

The Chronicles of Solis
View attachment 332961
The continent of Solis used to be one, united country under the banner of a single king. Things weren't always perfect, nothing usually is, but for the most part people were happy and well cared for. Things fell apart when the Gods started a war. The five gods who had created Solis no longer agreed on how they should work together. As they fought, the land they had cultivated fell apart due to the negative energy flowing from them, splitting into five different countries within it's borders and beginning to attack itself.

Centuries later, the Gods have reconciled their differences, turning their attention to the mortal world once again. They were horrified to see what their neglect had caused, chaos reigned the world and people suffered. Unable to intervene directly, each god chose a champion that represented their values and imbued them with powers. Now trusting these people to get the world back on track, the Gods can only wait, but they don't realise that in their absence a darkness has been growing...

That's the main idea for it anyway. I just want to see how many people are interested. These are the gods:
  • Epthys, Goddess of the Sky, Freedom, Fate
  • Anemis, Goddess of Death, Life, Balance
  • Soros, God of Magic, Belief, Pride
  • Acorr, God of the Land, Stability, Nurturing
  • Kymir, Goddess of the Sea, Change, War(Conflict)
And there's only one character per god, I'll elaborate on that more in the rules later. TyVibes TyVibes is my co-GM, so she'll be here too.

Rules:
  • There's limited spots (One Champion per god), and it's not first come first served.
  • If there are loads of people who want to be a Champion, I might come up with some more Gods.
  • Please make sure your character has flaws. It leads to funner gameplay.
  • Characters must be older than 20. I apprieciate that teens are fun to play sometimes, but I don't think the Gods would put the fate of Solis in the hands of people who aren't fully grown.
  • If your character is a Champion, their powers and personalities should be linked to what the god presides over. So a Champion of Kymir wouldn't have fire related powers.
  • This is fantasy, so magic and magical creatures are allowed in backgrounds and pets, but nothing is going to be as powerful as the powers the Gods provide.
Things seem to be causing me some deja vu, but I'm interested nonetheless

Hey, sign me up if you're still looking! ^^.

And edited to say: Since we got more than five people interested and there are only five champions, I'm okay with just dropping by from time to time as a "minor" character (or maybe a minion of the big bad?). That is to say, I don't mind not playing a champion as long as I'm still a part of the campaign somehow, because it does sound like it might take an interesting direction!

That said, I would love to play a champion -- with no preference as to which one. I'm sure I can tailor a character specifically to fit the god's domains depending on what they are.

Last edited:
Oh, this sounds so cool, color me interested :3

You've got a few more than five interested but I'm ready to compete for some spots. XD Interested!

(Also, inkarnate maps are great. <3)

I may also be interested. I'd like to see a write up of a Champion first, though, to get an idea of what kind of characters you're looking for.

*Crosses fingers* Soooooo, worldbuilding? Is the world a blank slate with nothing but the plot laid out, or do you have things like the nations and religions laid out already?
Same question with flora and fauna?

Anyway, mark me down as interested.

I have the kingdoms laid out a little bit, as in where they are and who rules them. There are little bits of information, but the rest can be decided by anyone. Flora and fauna are free reign too.

I'm going to make the sign up thread later today when I have time. I'll post a link here.

I'll post my bit tomorrow morning when I wake up. Long day at work.

EDIT: I'll do a little bit tonight and finish it in the morn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back