• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Role play - closed

Astaroth gave her brother a sad smile, and softly explained, "Our homeland has been invaded Nor. We can't go home without being killed. We're hiding here with Konrad because it's safe." She said to him quietly, reaching up to tuck a piece of his hair down, "No one will steal from you again. I'll keep your crown with mine, in my bag. I always keep it on me, so it won't go anywhere."

Konrad once again looked at the children "Don't ask about you mother or father,Don't ask about you mother or father" he thought, he didn't want to see Nor's reaction to the fact that his parents may be dead. "Aye, i'm going to keep you safe as best i can" he said, leaning on a wall and filling a glass with some wine, he then pointed at Astaroth, "And she's doing a good of a job as i am" he said smiling at her, he knew she was trying her hardest to keep Nor safe.

Nor had listened to his sister's explanation and had even handed his crown over to her so that she could put it somewhere safe for him as she had just suggested. Her words were confusing to him as he could not remember any of that happening and he assumed that he would at least remember such an important even in his own life. He was so busy thinking that he didn't remember to ask about his parents. But he did remember that he was still a bit upset at Konrad...but he had apparently been involved with finding his crown. "Alright..thank you both." He wasn't used to thanking people..aside from his sister sometimes. "I will stay down here to eat."

Astaroth tucked his crown away in the bag she still had over her shoulder. The bag hadn't left her side yet, and definitely wasn't going to now. She blushed slightly as Konrad mentioned that Astaroth was doing a good job. Someone had to protect her brother when Konrad was busy drinking. Not that she said that aloud. Instead she smiled at Nor, "Lets go sit down then. Where would you prefer Nor?" She asked him gently.

Konrad turned to the patrons "Today we dine with royalty!" he said in a proud tone as the patrons all cheered with him, he then turned back to the siblings "Pick a place to sit, i'm sure they'll let you sit anywhere" he said as he gestured his arm around the room. He was surprised Nor has said "thank you" he rarely heard him say it so genuinely , perhaps life in the run had made him that bit more humble.

Nor really didn't care where they sat, to be honest. He was just glad that he had gotten his crown back and his sister would take care of it for him. Also, he was really hungry and didn't care where they were sitting so long as he got something to eat. He probably wouldn't even complain about the food. So Nor just let his sister pick a spot for them as he did his best to not let anybody touch him.

Astaroth led him to a table closer to the back of the room, noting how uncomfortable Nor looked. She really did feel sorry for him, even when her own issues were being hidden by her. She was miserable too, but she did her best to think of anything except the problems they had. Including thinking about if their parents were alive.

Konrad knew the children were still uncomfortable, how could they not be? , in a cituation like this. He was very proud of them, that was certain but he was still worried about Nor, for obvious reasons and he knew that Astaroth was still a fighter, Konrad walked over to their table "Food will be ready soon" he had three cups of water with him "drink, you have to keep your strength up"

"I do not have any strength," Nor replied back although he did accept one of the cups of water because he was thirsty. And not like he was attempting to be self depreciating...but it was the truth. That was why he always had people to do things for him. And it seemed that people were still doing things for him even though he was no longer at the castle.

Astaroth gave a sad smile to him, "You are strong Nor. You just don't know it." She told him. He was strong. He'd stood up for himself against Konrad, and she had a feeling he probably would have tried to get his crown back had Astaroth not gotten to kicking the man first. She stared down into the water she held in her hands, thinking

Konrad rolled his eyes, "You may not have physical strength but you have strength of spirit" he said in a jovial voice as he took as sip of water "Cant wait to have some venison, they don't make it like they don't make it here like they do in the city" another patron yelled out "What? shot with a rusty arrow and cooked in a pan that hasn't been cleaned for three days?" he said in a a sarcastic tone,as the patrons began to laugh.

Nor was a bit embarrassed by having been complimented by his sister...and especially to be complimented by Konrad. He hadn't been expecting that at all...especially after how mean he had been to him earlier. Then again, Nor had been pretty upset about the man being killed...but that man had been trying to apparently knock him and Ash out. Nor didn't say anything, he just looked down at the water as well but he did have a bit of a smile on his face.

Astaroth smiled a little when she realised that their words had make Nor smile. It was a pleasant surprise, to see her brother smiling. She kept staring at her own water, not even drinking it, just thinking. She hoped their mother and father were okay. If they were...gone, then Astaroth didn't know what she'd do. She was kinda expecting that they'd hear if someone knew the King and Queen had been killed. It would certainly be big news.

Konrad looked at the children, then specifically as Astaroth "I can see the little men in your head working, what are you thinking about?" he said as he tilted his head in curiosity, he knew that Astaroths mind would have been heavy, lots of things could be happening in the world that they didn't know about, he filled his cup with some more water, he too was curious as to the whereabouts of the king and queen, he thought that their deaths would have been big news and some traveler would have mentioned it by now.

"Yeah, what are you thinking about?" Nor also asked as he looked over at his sister once again. And he thought about what Ash could have on her mind. Maybe she was just hungry? Well, they were going to be getting some food soon even if it might not be as good as the food they had at the castle.

Astaroth looked up when the boys asked her what she was thinking about. She didn't want to admit it really, not wanting to upset Nor. But... Maybe speaking of it would help her clear her head a little. Sighing, she lowered her head again, "Mother and Father. I...I was trying to think of how they could be alive still." Because she found it unlikely that they would be if they'd been invaded.

Konrad leaned back in his chair "Aye, i was thinking the same" he took a large gulp of water "I thought that if they were dead it would be big news" he said seriously. He knew that eventually the siblings minds would turn to their parents and their well being, it was only a matter of time. He then looked to Nor, he hoped he would be alright thinking about such things.

Nor hadn't even thought about that. He hadn't thought about his parents at all. He had forgotten to think about him and now he was just staring at his sister and then he stared at Konrad and he had no idea what he was supposed to say to any of that. Were they dead? If they really had been invaded...as his sister had said, then they really could be gone. "...I hope they didn't die." That was all that Nor said as he looked back down at his water. He would miss his parents if they died...even if his mother had sometimes said mean things about him right to his face.

Astaroth gave a small nod of her head to Konrad, "I hoped that we'd have heard about it if it happened." She said softly, "That type of news... it'd spread fast, wouldn't it?" She asked him. She nodded her agreement with what Nor had said. She hoped they didn't die either. But then... if they weren't dead, where were they?

Konrad was in silent thought for a moment, then he spoke "Well if they knew we escaped, they might try and spread rumors to confuse us or just keep silent to throw us off, rather clever actually", he wondered if the silence was meant to make them nervous, he pulled aside a traveler and asked that if he was going near a city, to ask on the fate of the king and queen and then relay it back to them.

Nor was silent for a bit longer and he listened as Konrad asked the traveler for some information if he were to go near a city. And Nor then spoke up when he was ready to. "If mother and father die...then that means that I have to be in charge. But...that also means that everybody wants to kill me even more...right?" He was trying to make sense of this all and figure out just how much danger he was possibly in.

Astaroth shuffled as Nor pointed out that he'd be in more danger if they were dead. And... Whilst Astaroth was worried about that, she was more worried about their parents. Nor, for now, was fine. Their parents may not be. But she nodded to him anyway, "Maybe. But... Me and Konrad'll take care of you Nor. We won't let them get you." She promised softly. Though, she hoped none of this would come to any sort of fight.

Konrad turned to Nor "Aye, we'll take care of you, thing is, i can kill a lot of men but i cant kill an army" he tone changed from stalwart to solemn, even thought at the moment Nor didn't really have any power, he would still be a huge target. A search party could be looking for them now, their spy didn't come back so what if they sent a party?. Konrad was then silent for a moment "Unless...." he then fell into silence.

"It's hard thinking about all of this stuff," Nor admitted as he went back to looking at the water and then he used his hand to push some of his raven locks out of his eyes. He was tired of thinking about serious things like this and wanted to have some fun instead. That would be a lot better than thinking about the war and if his parents were okay and if he himself might end up dead soon. "Maybe they will just leave me alone after all since nobody in any kingdom would even listen to me."

Astaroth didn't think they'd leave him alone. He was still a threat to them, as the prince of this kingdom. Astaroth was another threat to them. If Nor was dead, or if he decided to hand it over, she could be the leader. Not that she'd ever wanted to but... She would be the last resort for the royals. She just hoped it never came to that. Looking to Konrad, she tilted her head, "What do you mean 'unless'?" She asked, still fiddling with the glass she held

Users who are viewing this thread

Back