• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Role play - closed

Konrad thought some more about Nor and why he was mad at him, was it truly because he killed that scum at the table? "Thank the stars that he didn't see what i would have done to those two soldiers during our escape" he thought to himself. He wondered how being knocked off a horse would lead to such an injury, Konrad had been thrown off horses many times and he was fine, apart from that one time he was ten and he was knocked off his horse and hit his head, but he was fine.

After his sister put that on for him, he found himself able to actually fall asleep. He still didn't sleep as well as he would have in his own room back at the castle...but he could still get some sleep once he had again settled down and clung to his sister for both warmth and comfort. He seemed to forget to ask her if she was doing alright herself. He was too focused on himself. And when morning came around, he didn't want to get up. It was cold out there. This room didn't have a fire like he was used to sleeping near in his bedroom. He had no plans on getting up early. He was still tired.

Astaroth placed the jar on the bedside table as she pulled his shirt back down, wishing him a good nights sleep as he simply seemed to drop off. Astaroth couldn't just go back to sleep, so she laid curled against her brother for comfort, wide awake and thinking. She'd gotten a little sleep, but she had no wishes to see those images again. No, she'd keep an eye on Nor. And, well, if she cried a little, no one could see her do so.

Konrad rose from his chair when morning came, and made his way to the children's room "Rise and shine you two" he said to the siblings while they were still curled up in bed "We have to go hunting" he said happily, holding a bow and some arrows, "both us and the inn goers need food, and given the fuss i made yesterday, it seems like the only way to repay them", he said with the tiniest glint of guilt.

Nor had opened his eyes a bit so that he could look at Konrad but then he gave a shake of his head as he once again shifted a bit closer to his sister and stayed underneath the covers. "I do not wish to go hunting," he stated in that bossy voice of his that demanded to be listened to. "I am still tired and it is very cold." Couldn't Konrad tell just how cold it was? There was no fire to have kept him warm the entire night and he was already wishing the warmth that the flames would bring.

Astaroth had to admit that she didn't want to go anywhere either. But she knew they had to. As Konrad said, they needed food. She sighed softly at her brothers stubbornness, and attempted to play a card she hadn't in a long time, "Nor, please?" She said softly, voice tired, "I'm hungry. You don't have to join in... Just come with us. You wouldn't leave me alone, would you?" Of course, Astaroth would have Konrad, and she, in reality, wanted to make sure Nor was nearby and safe. But saying that could cause an argument, so it was best to make Nor think that he'd be doing it because Astaroth needed him.

"Aye, Nor, I'm just trying to get you used to getting up this early" Konrad said as he walked towards the bed "Because this will be our living for some time now" Konrad stated bluntly, he knew Nor couldn't hunt but he wanted to take him along just to get him outdoors "Also you two, put these clothes on instead" he handed them some common clothes with some fur coats "Makes you look less royal" he said as he left the room.

Nor didn't want to get up and yet Konrad wanted him to get up and even his own sister was telling him to get up. And so he sat up with a small sigh and looked to his sister after Konrad had left the room. "Of course I wouldn't leave you alone, Ash...but not like I would enjoy spending more time with Konrad. As you know, I am very upset with him," he explained as he looked through the clothing that had been left for them.

Astaroth sat up also, shivering in the cold air, "You don't have to be best friends with him Nor. Just come with me. Please?" She asked him softly, as she reached for the clothes that were hers. She much preferred her cloak right now, but she'd do as Konrad asked. At least he hadn't picked up a dress.

Konrad leaned on the wall "The furs will keep you warm, don't you worry" he said in a reassuring tone, then turned towards Nor "Ahh, prince your breaking my heart!" he said as he placed his hand to his chest in mocking tone "Come on, we move on from such things, were mature people now" he said in an assertive tone. he got his arrows and bow ready "Hopefully we can come across some stag and maybe even a boar" he said as he held a boar hunting spear.

Not like Nor could just stay behind when the other two apparently really wanted him to go. And Nor ended up giving a soft sigh as he once again ignored Konrad even though he was speaking to him. But apparently, Nor didn't want to speak to Konrad at the moment. He would much rather just leave on his own..with his sister, of course. But she wanted to stay with Konrad even though he was being mean. And Nor didn't want to leave her behind. So the only words he said to Konrad were, "It's still cold," after having finished getting dressed. And even that comment was addressed to both his sister and the body guard.

Astaroth dressed also, though did so in the corner of the room where she could use her cloak for some privacy. As far as she knew there wasn't anywhere else she could go to change, and she just hoped that both men turned their backs. She returned to them once she was done, placing her cloak into the bag she'd grabbed that also hid her crown, "It's always cold Nor." She told him softly, "But some moving around might warm us up a little." She knew her brother was still ignoring Konrad, which meant she'd have to be the peacekeeper between the two boys.

"Right then, follow me" Konrad said as he beckoned the children. The group was just entering the woods when Konrad said "Right, this is when we move slowly, too much noise and you'll spook the animals" in a hushed tone. The group had been walking for a little bit now and they were on the trail of some deer and possibly even some boar, Konrad turned to Astaroth "Do you know how to use a bow?" he asked quietly.

Nor was not pleased with anything at all. He wanted to go back to his room at the castle and he had already forgotten why he couldn't be there. He just couldn't remember what had happened. Couldn't remember at all and so just kept quiet as he tried to remember and looked at Konrad as he asked his sister a question. Nor was really cold, too. He liked his other clothes better.

Astaroth stayed close to Nor as they walked, following Konrad's instructions but also making sure her older brother was okay. He clearly wasn't happy, and Astaroth realised that perhaps he'd forgotten and didn't understand why they were doing all of this. She'd ask him later, when they weren't busy. Maybe she should write it down for him, so he could look if he ever forgot again. Looking to Konrad, Astaroth shook her head, "I don't" She said softly. She had her sword and her dagger, but she'd never used a bow before.

"Great" Konrad said sarcastically, "Ill have to show you later then" he said as he turned his eyes to the woods and kept walking. Eventually they found something, a great family of deer, with a large male among them "Brilliant" Konrad whispered, he got out his bow and got an arrow ready, he took aim at the deer's head and neck area. He took the shot and it hit true, the deer fell to the ground with a thud, which in turn scarred of the other deer "Hahahaha! bloody brilliant" Konrad exclaimed as he walked over to the now dead deer "meat on the table" he said with a grin.

Okay, Nor would admit that it was sort of...astonishing how Konrad had just gotten them some meat. But he would only mentally admit that and not out loud because he really was not pleased with Konrad. And he was still so confused as to just about everything. So he just watched Konrad and then he did finally speak to him, regarding something that had just recently occurred. "You did not have to speak to Ash like that earlier," he stated in a somewhat soft voice as he looked not at Konrad but at the ground instead. "When she said she did not know how to use a bow. It is not her fault she does not know how.."

Astaroth felt like she'd disappointed Konrad by not being able to use a bow, and lowered her head, not bothering to respond. She watched as he shot down the deer, shivering at the sight. It was amazing that their companion could do that, but it was still a horrible sight. Just like yesterday when he'd killed that man. She kept her face oddly blank, biting her lip as Nor defended her. It was nice of him to do so, and Astaroth wished Konrad had maybe been nicer about it, but she really should know how to use a bow. She had to be the fighter out of the siblings, since Nor couldn't.

Konrad turned to Astaroth "I'm not mad at you poppet, don't worry" he said reassuringly. He began to bind up the deer and sling it onto his shoulders "Ah your a heavy bugger" he said as began to carry it off, "You know, i like a walk in the woods, always a good way to clear your mind" he said calmly, "What? didn't think i could be peaceful?" he laughed. Just as they were leaving the forest Konrad told the children "So while the keep is preparing our food ill give Ash some training and Nor can continue to be mad at me"., he knew that Nor wouldn't like that but Konrad wasn't going to stop.

Nor hadn't been saying much aside from that one comment regarding his sister and not being able to use a bow. But now he didn't seem able to keep from speaking about himself this time around. Because he stopped walking and this time, he did look at Konrad as he spoke to him. Well, he looked at his back since Konrad was in front of him. "Stop teasing me." Nor sounded almost like he was going to start yelling and was just barely holding himself back from doing just that. He really did seem upset .

Astaroth looked relieved when Konrad mentioned that he wasn't mad at her for not knowing. And he'd teach her how to use one. She did, however, stop as Nor did. She didn't know why he'd stopped until he spoke up, but to hear the anger and upset in his voice was unsettling. Nor never sounded like that. Well, not usually anyway. She said nothing, but stood at his side.

Konrad turned to Nor sharply "Ah, so this hound can bark" he said inquisitively "Stop teasing you?" he said followed by a short "Hmmmmmm" "Sure, if you tell me why your so pissed at me, deal?" he said extending his hand for a hand shake. He was genuinely curious as to what Nor would say, but he was also fairly certain it was about killing that man in the inn, but he had a pretty good defense for that.

"No deal," Nor replied back as he gave a shake of his head. "You....you know why I am upset with you. You have been very rude. But...I should not need to explain this to you to get you to stop teasing me. You're...doing it on purpose. I...I can't even remember why any of this is happening. You know I can't. You don't...need to tease me." Nor didn't always understand things. He often misunderstood them, but that didn't mean Konrad had to be mean to him about it.

Astaroth stayed perfectly quiet about everything, glancing between Konrad and her brother. It was good to hear her brother standing up for himself, and she was proud of him for doing so. Especially against Konrad, who was quite a threatening figure. She just waited for Konrad to speak, wondering how he'd answer.

Konrad looked at Nor,i his mind he wasn't really teasing him, that's just what had happened to him as he was brought up "How have i been rude? by killing a man in front of you?" he said, his eyes looking straight into Nor's "If you think that's rude then you haven't seen the half of it" he said as he then turned and continued walking "But of course, do as you bid child, i am but another one of your servants" he said in a mocking tone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back