• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Role play - closed

Astaroth could see Nor's point. Biting her lip nervously and staying close to him, she had to wonder if he was right. Was Konrad really their friend or was he just acting so he could keep his promise to someone who had protected him? If she'd learned anything today, it was that you couldn't trust anyone. Though...Nor was the exception. He was, after all, her brother. He'd never betray her. Swallowing nervously, she whispered back, "Maybe so but...He is protecting us. We can't fight Nor. He can."

Konrad was silent for a moment and leaned back in his chair, he took out the flowery hat he kept in his belt and dropped it on the table "Your right Nor, i never did care, all those times when Karnovan spies came to me offering ten fold the amount your mother was giving me, all those time i woke to a knife wielding assassin in my room and straight after killing him, going to your room to see if you were fine, yeah i totally didn't care" he paused again "I already lost one young boy in my life, i didn't want to loose another"

He then stood up from his chair and placed both his hands on the table and pointed to Astaroth "Nor, keep her close, for the world will try to rip her from you" he then stood up fully "So, my lord, is this goodbye?"

Konrad could be lying about all of this. His mother had time and time again attempted to explain to him that people lied. That he shouldn't be so naive. But he didn't know how to tell if someone was lying or if they were telling the truth. He just didn't know how. And right now, he didn't feel all that good at all because he had a headache and the blood had made him feel ill. He really did just want to go back home and to lay in his bed as he always would when he wasn't feeling good. Nor looked down at the table top and then he just shrugged his shoulders.

"If you want us to stay with him, Ash...then we will. You can decide. I'm not good at making decisions."

Astaroth didn't like being given the decision on whether Konrad should leave or not. Nor apparently thought he should, but Astaroth wasn't so sure. He could be telling the truth. And it certainly sounded like he was to her. And without him they'd probably be dead back when they'd met those two enemies as they were coming out of the castle.

She gave a small nod, "Konrad should stay." She said softly, "He's... He's only ever done what's best for us. This... This is no different."

Konrad gave a nod to Astaroth "Many thanks, Ash" he then pointed at the keys on the table "Your rooms are on the top floor, the last ones opposite each other" the inn really had fell silent as all the patrons had a silent stare at Konrad, "What the fuck are you all staring at?" He says openly as everyone breaks their stare. "We'll stay here for a few days, and then we'll get moving"

Nor didn't say anything to his sister or to Konrad and he instead just nodded his head a bit and then he looked down at his boots which were still perched at the edge of his chair so that they wouldn't end up getting blood on them. Because there was still blood all over the floor. But in all actuality, he was too tired to argue about the blood anymore or to even talk to anyone. He really didn't feel good. His bad back hurt from all the walking that they had done.

Astaroth watched her brother for a long moment, and nodded quietly, "Come on Nor. Let's go and sleep." She nudged him lightly. She wasn't too interested in sleeping away from Nor, and hoped that he'd let her curl up with him so she could be assured that he was okay. But she wasn't going to mention this plan in front off Konrad. Didn't want to mention that she wanted comfort.

Konrad followed the children upstairs and let them into their rooms, he brought a chair to the end of the hallway where he would sit and keep watch, he used to guard caravans that would travel for days so he could afford to stay up through the night. He was also using this time to try and continue his plan "Wonder if the king is still alive, maybe we could find him" he then realized how stupid that thought was, the king was most likely dead.

Ash didn't have to question Nor about whether or not they were going to be able to share a bedroom because it seemed that that was exactly what he wanted. He wasn't feeling good and many times before had his sister brought him comfort. And so he had no more words that he wanted to say to Konrad and he instead just laid down with his sister in one of the rooms and he just about clung to her. She might need comfort from him, but Nor needed it just as much from her.

Astaroth stayed close to her brother as they wandered upstairs. She mumbled a soft goodnight to Konrad as he moved from her view, and followed her brother even as he led her along. Clearly he wanted her with him as much as she needed him. Laying beside him, she tucked her small form against his quietly, calmed by the warmth and the comfort he provided. She didn't usually ask for comfort from anyone, but she needed it now.

Konrad sat down on his chair at the end of the hallway, ready to guard the kids room "Sleep well kids" he said in a genuine tone. "If you need anything just ask, alright?" he said, looking at their door. He knew that they were going through a lot of trauma but he had to keep them safe, no matter what, after all he did care about them, he was a horrid man but he wasn't a monster. He would offer them comfort but he wasn't good at that sort of thing, most of the time at least.

Nor tried to sleep. He really did try to sleep. And he was so tired so tired that he should be able to sleep. And yet...he wasn't able to sleep. And he knew that it was because his back was hurting him. When his back hurt him...then someone would rub something onto his back and then he would feel better. But he didn't have anything to put there. So he did his best not to wake up his sister. Hadn't Konrad said to wake him up if they needed something? But he was upset with Konrad. So he'd just put up with it.

Astaroth took some time to get to sleep. Whilst exhausted, her mind took some time to calm down in her brother's hold, to forget momentarily about the events of the day and to simply rest. She wasn't really resting though, because occasionally she'd whimper and mumble, and curl up a little further as she shivered. At some point her hands gripped at her brothers clothing, keeping him close as if afraid he'd disappear.

Konrad remained at his post outside the room, giving passers by very threatening stares, at this point he was somewhat tired but he wasn't about to fall asleep, besides it would be far too dangerous if he did, all an assassin would have to do is cut his throat while he slept and then he could get to the siblings and bring them back to Karnova, dead or alive. He wondered what happened to the Queen, nothing good, he thought

Nor ended up waking his sister up because he was actually a bit worried that she wasn't alright with the sounds that she was making while she was sleeping. "Are you alright?" He asked as he shook her shoulder. "Ash?" He also had to throw in a little bit about himself as he attempted to wake her up. "Also, my back hurts and I cannot sleep." He couldn't finish talking without including himself at least a little bit in the conversation.

Astaroth jumped when she was shook, eyes snapping open and full of fear. Calming when she realised it was just her brother, she rubbed her eyes tiredly, nodding slightly, "Want me to rub it?" She mumbled softly. She wasn't bothered that she'd been woken. She'd always be happy to help her brother out. And it wouldn't be the first time she'd helped him with his back. And she really didn't want to go back to sleep right now either.

Konrad was still ever vigilant but began to think about Nor, he had many things done for him at the castle, now all those servants were gone "Wonder if his back is giving him grief?" he thought, Konrad never had an problems with his back, other then that time he was shot in the back with an arrow "That would be a great bead time story" he laughed softly to himself.

"No. That's not going to help," he replied back as he gave a shake of his head. "Mother had someone rub something on my back..and I don't think just rubbing is going to help if you don't have the stuff the person used," he explained as he looked over at the door. "Konrad might be able to find something like that but I don't want to ask him. He was rude earlier." And Nor was not fond of people being rude to him. He didn't like that sort of thing at all.

Giving a slow nod, Astaroth yawned slightly, "I'll go ask him." She volunteered. Reluctant to leave him, but deciding that the door wasn't all that far away, she moved out of the bed to open the door and poke her head out, squinting for Konrad down the dark hallway. Mumbling that she'd be back in a moment to Nor, she trailed to their friend with a stifled yawn, "Konrad? Nor... Nor's backs hurting. Said he used to have something to rub in, and wondered if you could find some?" She asked tiredly. She didn't think and remember that Konrad would have to leave them behind to find something.

Konrad turned to face Astaroth "Hello poppet, ah Nor's back giving him trouble?" he fiddled around his belt and his pack "Hang on a minute..." he eventually pulled out a small glass jar that had a salve in it "This should be it" he smiled "I knew this would come in handy" he said as he gave Astaroth the jar. Konrad then leaned in "I bet thirty gold that Nor is still mad at me" he said with a smirk. "And Ash, are you alright?"

Nor was waiting for his sister to get back as he sat up on the bed and glanced at the window that was there. He could see the moon given that there were no curtains on that window. And so he just sat there and stared out at the moon. He wanted something for his back because it really was hurting him so much. A lot. He hadn't felt this kind of pain in a long time because whenever he was in pain, then someone would rub that thing onto his back. Nobody ever let it get this bad. And Nor couldn't even remember why they were here and not at home.

Carefully accepting the jar, Astaroth mumbled her thanks to Konrad quietly. She was about to retreat to Nor again when he asked if she was alright, and she gave a small nod, "I...I'm fine." She told him, not wanting to admit that she wasn't. Slipping into the room before Konrad would be able to question her more, she returned to Nor with the jar, "Konrad had a jar of it." She told him softlt

Konrad looked at Astaroth as she made her way back into the room "Your not alright though, are you?" he said to himself, unsure if she heard him or not. He then turned his head back to the hallway, he did worry about Astaroth, he knew she had a fighters spirit but he had seen fighters spirits broken on wartime before.

"That's good," Nor replied back as he looked over at his sister. He wondered why Konrad had even had any of that with him but not like he was going to ask him about it because he really was still upset with him. "Can you put it on my back? I can't reach on my own..." And not like he had actually ever done something like that on his own as he had always had somebody to do things for him. As was the life of a prince.

Astaroth nodded to him. For a moment she struggled to open the jar, as she sat behind him and nudged his shirt up. Holding the jar between crossed legs, she used one hand to hold up the shirt whilst she rubbed some of the substance into his back, making sure she was gentle. She didn't want to hurt him any further. She worked silently, thinking about what Konrad had asked her. She hadn't heard his response, but she knew she wasn't really alright. But one of the children had to be, what with Nor not listening to Konrad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back