• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Role play - closed

At this point Konrad was in very deep thought, he had even closed his eyes, only ever muttering a few words like "Maybe....but they wouldn't...they should..". He came back to the real world "And the Karnovan king has no spouse or heir" he said to himself, probably unaware that the siblings could here him. He turned to Astaroth "Unless i make use of a few favors back in Karnova, then...." he went silent again.

Nor had no idea what it was that Konrad was even talking about and so he just stared at him for a bit of time wondering what he was going on about. What about Karnova and it's king? Nor didn't see how talking about him was going to make things any better for them. "Konrad, stop talking about weird things," Nor finally stated.

Astaroth frowned at Konrad, wondering what in the blazes he was talking about. She nodded slightly with Nor, but tilted her head, "Karnova? Konrad, if we even went near there..." They'd be dead within a heartbeat. That little part at the end was left unsaid, but she was sure he'd understand what she meant. They were in danger here, and this was their homeland.

Konrad turned to the siblings "Sorry, i was just thinking about turning in a few favors with the bandit clans in Karnova, there all still around because of me so they all owe me" he then finished his water and just as the meat was being brought out he continued "If i can get back to Karnova and rally the clans together, then ill have my own army, and given that most of the Karnovan soldiers are in geneva now, i would have less opposition" he then paused for a moment "And yes, i may have lied to your parents about my involvement with the bandits"

Nor had listened to everything that Konrad had to say and if he was being honest, he had no idea what he was talking about. Clans and an army and lying to his mother? Well, that was a bit too much for him to take in and he was very honest when he said his next words. "I do not really understand all of that, Konrad...but you can do whatever you like." He stated as he gave a small wave of his hand as if he was far too busy with other things to even think any more about what Konrad had to say.

Astaroth just went quiet, blinking at Konrad. Why did he need an army? He was meant to protect Nor, yes, but she didn't think an army was needed to do that. Still, she didn't speak, returning to staring into her water like it held all the answers to all of her questions.

Konrad leaned back, and then a smile grew across his face, a smile of someone who hand a terrible, mischievous idea "Don't worry about it, I'm just worried that they'll start sending people to look for us" he said reassuringly "Now look, the meats come, dig in" his mind was running wild with memories from his past, but he did punch them from his mind, "Gotta keep the Prince safe first"

Nor didn't ask about it further since he was hungry and he felt that it was probably a good idea to have something to eat. He made a happy sound as he started eating. It wasn't as good as food at the castle...but he didn't care too much since he was hungry, after all. But then he did think of another thing that he wanted to ask before he forgot. "I wonder why that one spy didn't just kill me and Ash while he had the chance. Or at least me. I doubt I would have noticed it if he just stabbed me, or something." Only Nor could say something like that casually.

Astaroth joined her brother, but found herself not bothering to eat much anyway. She found she couldn't really eat as hungrily as Nor was doing, when they, and their parents, were in serious trouble. She glanced at Nor as she spoke, and huffed, "I think you'd notice if he stabbed you Nor." She pointed out, "It wouldn't be a paper cut." Though, with the amount of times she'd caught her fingers on the edge of books, she knew those hurt also.

Konrad stopped for a moment "Aye, that's a good question, maybe because it would provoke a violent reaction from the inn, and he might die, where as taking you with him would have been safer, but that's just an idea" he said as he began to eat the food they had been given "And trust me Nor, you would notice if you had been stabbed" he said as he opened his coat slightly to reveal a scar "Because it fucking hurts" he said with a laugh.

Nor thought about what the two of them had to say and then he looked over at his sister and he gave her a bit of a look before replying without missing a beat, "Mother once said that I would not notice if my own head fell off and rolled away." That wasn't necessarily one of the nicest things that his mother had said to him..but it was one of the things that Nor could actually remember her telling him. She had been rather angry when she had said those words.

Astaroth looked at her brother and shook her head, "She didn't mean that Nor. I... I believe she was referencing how forgetful you are, that you don't notice important things. Not that you wouldn't notice if your head actually fell off." She told him softly, poking at her food silently. She glanced at Konrad for a moment, then back at her plate. She didn't want to be ungrateful for the meal, but she really wasn't hungry right now.

Konrad gave a funny look to Nor "People tend to notice when their head is gone, granted not for long but still" he said with a smirk "Personal experience" he said under his breath. He thought about Nor's mother, yes she wasn't the kindest woman but she cared for her children, or at least Konrad thought she did. Konrad noticed Astaroth picking at her food and gave a gesture that implied she could leave it if she wanted to.

Nor thought about what both of them had said and then he gave a small shrug of his shoulders. "If she thought that I would notice if my head fell off...then why would she say something like that?" He then gave his head a small shake as if that was such a stupid thing anyway and he no longer actually wanted to talk about it. "Anyway...what am I supposed to do for the rest of the day?"

Astaroth was grateful when Konrad motioned that she could simply leave her food if she really didn't want it. Which she didn't. She nudged it away, and went back to staring into her glass. She didn't respond to Nor, feeling that Konrad would have a better idea of things Nor could do with the rest of the day. Astaroth would be happy to just sit here and think.

Konrad looked at Nor then Astaroth "Well I intend to train Ash, Nor on the other hand ....." Konrad thought for a moment "What are you good at? Because you can do more of that" he said, shrugging. He turned to Astaroth "You want to train in a few minutes?"

Nor didn't appreciate the fact that nobody could think of anything for him to do. Because...he would very much like something to do. He was bored. And Ash was going to go and train, apparently. So that meant that he had to find something that he could do to pass the time. Maybe he could find somebody to boss around...or something like that. "I'm good at telling people what to do. I'll just do more of that."

Astaroth almost choked on air when he said that, "Perhaps that wouldn't be the best idea Nor?" She asked softly. Frowning, she shuffled, "Perhaps you could try something creative?" She suggested, not knowing what else to say. She kinda wanted to ask Nor if he'd train with her, if he'd at least learn to use some form of blade, just in case. But she doubted he would.

"You could come watch us train and tell Ash to do better" he said smirking. "Who knows, maybe some of her skill will rub off on you" he said as he finished off his food, he wanted to train Astaroth, he knew that Nor couldn't fight, but maybe he could at least learn how to defend himself, maybe, just maybe.

"I doubt it," Nor replied back as he gave his head a small shake. "And besides...it is cold out there. I would rather stay here..." He didn't want to go outside again because they had already walked so much the day before...and he really did think that he would be able to find somebody around there that he could boss around. "Not like anything will happen while you are gone."

Astaroth gave Nor a long, wary look, "Just... be careful Nor? Don't trust anyone." She told him. After all, that man that Konrad had killed had seemed perfectly nice, when he'd actually been trying to steal them away. But... She and Konrad would only be outside if he needed them

"Aye, Nor, be careful, and don't trust anyone, not a single soul, you understand?" He said as he leaned towards Nor. Konrad got up and gave a long stare to those around the inn, those who caught his eye swirly looked away, they would pass on the message to leave to boy alone.

"I won't," Nor insisted as he gave a small nod of his head to really prove that he was listening to what Konrad had to say. "Besides, not like somebody can abduct me if you are just going to be outside with Ash." That wouldn't make all that much sense...would it? Nor really did feel like he was being the smart one in this particular situation. And all he wanted to do was to find someone who he could boss around a bit. Well, that was the first plan. He'd find other things to do as well.

Astaroth gave a small nod. She moved to stand after Konrad, before pausing to give her brother a brief hug. Not explaining why she'd done that, she turned to move toward the door, not even bothering waiting for Konrad. She knew he'd be following after her quickly enough.

Within a few moments Konrad was in front of Astaroth, and just before he went out the door he glanced back at Nor, he hadn't gotten himself killed yet so that was a good start. When he was outside with Astaroth he picked up two sticks and took a moment to whittle then into a sword shape, he then threw one to Astaroth "We'll start with the basics, take the sword and show me you stance" he said as he stood with one hand on his waist and his "sword" pointed towards the ground he had taken up a guard called "the fools guard".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back