• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Walliver

Two Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
There was blood on his hands. Blood streaming from his nose, from his ears. Too many powers at once, but what was he supposed to do? He was the only one left. His friends, his teachers, they were all dead. Broken bodies all over the ground, broken bodies coated in blood and entrails. He was the only one left standing. He was the only one-

Thomas awoke in a cold sweat, gasping. He quickly got out of bed, running out into the hallway. All the doors were closed, there was no sign of any fire or any battle. Just the Institute, still asleep before the sun rose. He sighed, rubbing his eyes. “Just another bad dream.” he grumbled, going back into his room. It was the same nightmare over and over for the past few weeks. The Institute in flames, his friends dead around him. It didn’t mean anything though. He didn’t have premonitions, didn’t do anything extraordinary. He was just a Jack of All Trades, the least useful kind of mutant to be.

He went ahead and got dressed for the school day, seeing as there was nothing else to do. He decided he’d make breakfast if one of the others wasn’t already up. It wasn’t even his turn to make breakfast but- well, cooking brought him a small bit of joy in a life where he mostly experience boredom. The bell for wake-up wouldn’t ring for a while, so he was still alone in the school. He could still-

Ring! Ring! Ring!

“Oh, screw you!” Thomas shouted, flipping off the speaker in his room. He ran out of his room, rushing down the stairs. “I am indignant, my day is ruined.” he muttered under his breath, reaching the kitchen. Thomas sat down angrily in his seat at the dining table. “I wanted to make breakfast...”

————————————

Ernest woke up hours before the actual wake-up alarm, having gone to be earlier than normal the previous night. He swung his legs over the side of the bed, stretching and letting the existential dread sit in. He had a busy day ahead of him, and he had to get an early start. He looked over to the picture frame on his bedside table. Him and his brother, Noah. Ernest sighed, rubbing his face with both hands. “Okay, okay, you can do this.”

His early start apparently paid off. He smiled at the disgruntled outburst of one of his students. “Good morning to you as well, Thomas.” he chuckled, flipping over one of the many pancakes he was making. “I just figured I’d make breakfast since I got an early start, but you can make it tomorrow if that’ll keep you from being grumpy all day.” the older man shook his head, dishing out plates of pancakes. “The side dishes will be out in a minute, if you could wake everyone up for breakfast?”

Mars Mollagen
- They/Them -
Espresso Dreams - Morning Breakfast
Tags: N/A

The new assignment wasn't spectacular and the end goal was the same as any other mission; however, Mars enjoyed this placement the most. Even though they had been placed at some of the most beautiful places on earth, they enjoyed the calm atmosphere that Espresso Dreams held: the varying smells of coffee and pastries that the cafe served were sweet and full of life, the free food that came with the job allowed Mars to pull slices of meat off sandwiches whenever they pleased, and the cafe was never overwhelmingly packed allowing them to sit back and relax throughout the day. Overall, it was a nice small shop and Mars enjoyed wearing one of the black aprons as they made another macchiato for a customer.

Mars didn't look out of place as a barista. They wear a black mask and had tied their burnt red mullet hair into a small low ponytail so they didn't have to wear a hat or a hairnet. They wear a black form fitting short sleeved mock turtleneck shirt and burnt orange high waisted pants that were cuffed at the ends. And, of course, a pair of black platform Doc Martens. They didn't need the extra height, they were already tall at 6'4, but they did enjoy the look of the shoes and wanted to wear them. The added height made them stick out, but that was the goal.

"A macchiato for Steve." Mars called out and put the to go cup on the counter for it be quickly picked up.

They weren't here to work the cafe; that wasn't their placement, it was just an added benefit. There were rumors that there was a nearby school for mutant- one which the government didn't have knowledge about. It was a simple job, get noticed, get in, get the information, and then report the information. Mars was good at it and it had become second nature to them. They naturally had enhanced senses making it hard for people to keep secrets from them. And it was easy to shapeshift into an animal or a person that could more easily get access to that hidden information. The hardest part was to be noticed. After some scouting, they found that there was a good chance that employees of the school would stop by the cafe for a cup of joe. So they had to look different enough to sick out, just enough for the school to take notice. They also kept a nose out certain that an employee of a school full of mutants would have a unique smell.

Depending on what happens after that, they could organize something to force the hand of the school to let them in. In the end, Mars knew they had the upper hand and they couldn't help but to smile under their mask as they took another order. For now, they'd enjoy their new job.

Anastasia Psaras
Town Roofs
Anastasia was far from her bed or the breakfast table. Stepping out of the manner in the early hours of the morning for a run across the rooftops of town by the Heartland school. Climbing onto the roofs was a simple matter, the fire escape staircases made it a breeze, she barely had to free climb using the windows. From then on was where the fun began, attempting to keep her running momentum when the buildings varied in heights and distances between them. Her powers helped where physical ability could not, projecting static electricity through her palms at just the right moment and angle, she could get the last needed little lift and distance in a gentle glide.

It had been a couple of weeks since she was enrolled to the school and from living in the streets to a proper home was quite an adjustment. One would think she had it made, living in the lap of luxury compared to what she was used, but found it weird. She could get rid of the feeling of suspicion, like she was intruding or worse she was being played. She was a criminal after all in the mercy of the police, and they sent her to a place with other mutants who offered training and home for her. It seemed too good to be true, she expected an anterior motive and the penny to drop. But it wasnt just that though, it was too quiet and too safe at night with too many unfamiliar sounds she did not recognize and not enough familiar once. She could not sleep, at all she could think to do was exercise.

She paused a moment to take a breather. She had been going at it for a couple of hours, way more than a normal person but she had her limits after all. The effort and lack of sleep was getting to her. Still, she was still a good distance away from the school, meaning she was likely to be late for first period. She sighed and reached for her pocket, taking out a few lithium batteries she had snatched from a few mobile phones. She always had them charged as an emergency boost of electricity though they did not store much, ideally she needed to absorb from mains power. Still, beggars cant be choses. She took deep breath and absorbed the electricity from them till they were all try. She felt reenergised somewhat, enough to keep going, and it would have to be enough. Taking a couple of deep breath before beginning to run into a nearby drain pipe and slid down.

NAOMI REVILLE
Collab with: Simon Strut Simon Strut
Interacting with: Walliver Walliver

Mimicking telekinesis using gravitational powers wasn’t as easy as it had seemed back when Naomi first thought about doing it. It involved a lot of trials and errors and making sure only one object flew towards the graviton instead of everything that wasn’t bolted to the ground (that was quite a disaster on the first try and something she wasn’t keen on doing again no matter how hilarious it now seemed). Still, she had already started learning it and adding it onto her arsenal wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Naomi stared up at the sky where the ball she was testing out was flying almost infinitely upwards, out of even her power’s reach so she could bring it down. She blinked once before turning to Morgan. “Uh, that wasn’t supposed to happen.” She shook her head. “I think I attached anti-gravity into it instead of you know…” She waved her hands, trying to come up with a word to describe exactly what she was attempting to do. “Uh… gravity.” She ended up dumbly saying, letting her arms fall back beside her.

Morgan looked up and cocked his head. “Well, you’re doing a lot better than I was at your age… Do you want me to bring it down or can you?”

“I don’t think I can. It’s out of my range at this point.” She responded, squinting her eyes back up at the sky trying to spot the item. It was pretty much a spec of dust at this point. “Can you reach that?”

Morgan nodded and reached out a hand. “That’s quite interesting. Even though it’s out of your range of influence, your power still acts upon it. Is there a time limit to that, or is that ball now forever weightless until you’re able to change that?”

“I think the ball might be forever weightless. Or there might be a time limit, I’m not sure. But putting on anti-gravity onto an object and not think about where it’s going makes it easier for me to continue with whatever I was doing before.” Naomi said, placing a hand on her chin. “If I want to fly, I have to focus on that since I need to control where I’m going. But if it’s only up, well…” She shrugged, gesturing to the ball in the sky.

“Remarkable.” The ball dropped into Morgan’s hand. “Well either way, I would class this morning as a success, regardless of whether or not it went to plan.” He threw her the ball, and paused to light a cigarette. “For tomorrow, do you want to practice flight training, or try to increase the amount of g-force you can exert?”

Naomi beamed at him with a smile. It was always nice to have a successful run. She quickly caught the ball and hummed. “Flight training would be cool. I want to go faster.” She said with a nod. Freerunning was fun. Flying was fun. Knowing how to master both was definitely even more fun. She looked back at the mansion as the bells chimed. “Oh, breakfast! Are you joining us for the morning, Morgan?”

“That’s Dr. Haywood to you, Miss Reville,” he chuckled. Then he furrowed his brow as if he sensed something. “And, no, I don’t think I will; it seems I’m needed elsewhere. I should be back for History class later today, and I do hope you’ve done your homework.”

She scrunched up her nose. “Formalities. Fine, Dr. Haywood.” She said, sticking out her tongue at him rather childishly but it wasn’t done out of ill intent. “Aw, alright. Maybe next time then.” Upon the mention of homework, she froze up, thinking back to the piles of paper that she had left in her room the night before. Had her homework been there? Had she even finished it before sleeping? “Uhhh, yeah, I have! See you then!”

“Apologize to Ernest on behalf of my absence, would you?” He waved as his body began to levitate a few feet off the ground before shooting up into the sky.

Naomi gave him a salute as he flew off. That was what she meant about being able to fly fast. Man, telekinesis sounded way easier but, well, what can you do, right? At least she can hit hard. Well, she'll get there eventually. No use worrying about it now. She turned around and began to run back into the mansion, content with the amount of practice she had already squeezed in for the morning. Dashing through the halls, which would normally be frowned upon and if someone saw her she'd probably get berated, she arrived at the dining area.

"Good morning!" She paused, looking between a grumpy Thomas and Ernest who was cooking the pancakes. "Thought I was running a bit late but looks like that isn't the case huh?" She hopped over to her spot at the dining table and sat down. "Pancakes smelling as good as ever, Ernest! Oh, Morgan... Dr. Haywood says that he's sorry he can't join us for breakfast. He blasted off somewhere."

"So, what's got you so down Tommy? Forgot about homework?"
She questioned, turning to her fellow students as she propped up her head on her hand to lean on.

Kiara Blake
- She/Her -
In An Alley In Town
Tags: Walliver Walliver and AI10100 AI10100
With one leg wrapped around around a thin pipe and another clutching onto the bricks of the wall, Kiara desperately tried to reach for a can of spray paint that had fallen onto a ledge just out of her reach. "Now is not the time to be clumsy" she quietly said to herself as she glanced at the pavement which was four stories below her. "Why do I do this to myself". she said with a small sigh as she wrapped her other leg around the pipe and started to carefully maneuvered herself upside down to where she was hanging off the pipe like a kid on the monkey bars. Letting a moment pass to make sure the pipe wasn't going to break, she stretched her arm out to finally grab the can. "Finally!" She said happily as she positioned herself to sit back up. That was until she heard a loud thud above her as someone jumped from one building to another above the alley.

With startled yelp, she lost her handle on the can and watched as it fully tumbled to the pavement below. With a long sigh, Kiara rested her head on the bricks in front of her and closed her eyes as she tried to slow down her heartbeat. When she finally calmed down enough she took a look at her watch to check the time and her eyes widened as she noticed that the bell on campus would have just gone off. After quickly gathering her satchel of spray cans, Kiara raced down the fire escapes that used to have her supplies set up on it. Tripping over the last step, Kiara "very gracefully" stumbled towards the can on the ground and grabbed it as she ran past. Now all she needed was a good shadow. Looking around her eyes finally settled on a dark shadow being cast by the dumpster of a local café. As she stepped into it, Kiara let the familiar sensation of warmth overcome and in a flash of blackness she was gone.

Within seconds she felt her feet hit solid ground. Blinking a couple times to adjust to the light of the room, Kiara soon noticed that she had teleported right behind Thomas. Feeling her a familiar warmth spread across her face due to their closeness, Kiara quickly took a large step away from him. Trying to ignore what just happened, she gave a small smile and waved to the small group in the room. "Good morning everyone."

Through the Telescope: Mars
Morgan J. Haywood

Interacting with: silverwhere silverwhere
What was this creature? A mutant, surely—it emanated the signature psychic energy that only a mutant could produce—but it was still not quite like anything Morgan had ever seen. Fascinating.

Morgan pushed against the earth with his power, propelling himself higher. Flying was easier than walking nowadays, he glided through the air with the ease of an animal born for it. He remembered the first time he'd tried to fly; it had felt like trying to walk on telekinetic stilts. He imagined that must be how Miss Reville felt sometimes. Still, for a mere nineteen years of age, she was doing splendidly: she had a strong grasp over her limits and potential, and she was pushing herself further every day. It wasn't Naomi she was worried about, she was one of the students who had the most control over their powers.

Miss Psaras was a different matter altogether. Even without trying to read her mind, Morgan could sense the child's trauma. She'd had trouble with the law too, and her eyes told a story of betrayal. It was going to be difficult to win her trust, but Morgan knew it was paramount. If her trauma caused her to lose control, or—god forbid—she decided to leave the school and pursue her old, violent life, he was sure there would be casualties.

And then there was Master Hamilton. Morgan and Ernest had run the simulations in secret, trying to figure out the extent of Declan's power. His destructive force was nigh infinite. Under the right circumstances, with just the right amount of power, he could tear the entire country in half. 'Apocalyptic' was perhaps the most suitable descriptor. Morgan knew he was going to have to stay close to that one.

But Morgan could handle both of them, if it ever came to that. The only one he was truly scared of, though he would never admit it, was Master Reed... Thomas. Ernest was quite friendly with the lad, but Morgan could never bare to even make eye contact with him. Every time Thomas was in his nearby vicinity, Morgan made sure to stay at least six feet away. The memory of what Morgan himself had done when his powers first fully awoke was still burned into his mind... The men he had murdered... And the decades it then took to master fine control of his telepathy; making sure such a mistake would never happen again. Thomas had none of that experience, didn't understand any of those consequences.

If Thomas mimicked Morgan's powers, that would make him a danger to everyone in the school. And Morgan might just have to put him down.

Morgan shook his head. There was no point thinking that far ahead. He had to just be cautious, then he'd never have to deal with that scenario. Now, where was this new mutant? Morgan slowed to a stop, hovering just below the clouds, and closed his eyes. He sifted through the minds of the town below, and there it was, glowing bright like a beacon. A star, burning among matchstick flames. In a... Café? Morgan raised an eyebrow. A mutant working in a café, of all places, probably for not much more than minimum wage, in the closest town to the Heartland Institution? That was awfully convenient.

For now at least, he'd have to treat it just like that. A coincidence. There was no reason to be hostile to a potential student, even if there was a possibility they were something else entirely.

He landed just outside the café entrance, swiftly blocking his image from the minds of anyone who could see him. A quaint bell sounded as he opened the door, and there stood the mutant, just behind the counter. They were... Well, they were doing whatever a regular barista would do. Morgan didn't know why he expected something different. How to approach this? he wondered.

Sometimes the simplest answer was the correct one. He approached the counter.

"I'll have a black coffee, please."

Mars Mollagen
- They/Them -
Tags: Simon Strut Simon Strut - Morgan Haywood
Collab w/ Simon Strut Simon Strut

When the bell rung Mars knew that they'd found someone from the school. They didn't have to look at the new guest to figure that out. People and mutants had different smells and Morgan recked of it. They finished off an Americano and shouted out the order's name before they went to the register. It gave time for them to examine who they were dealing with. Mars, like usually, was taller than the man who they assumed was a professor from the school. Morgan did dress like it, with a suit, a tie, and a demeanor of someone with information. There was nothing about the man that looked out of place, but that was normal. Hell, Mars looked normal but they certainly weren't. Like any other customer, the professor walked up to the counter to place an order.

"I'll have a black coffee, please."

"Alright, what size? And would you like any thing to go with that black coffee?" Mars asked as they motioned to a pastry display, it seems that any breakfast sandwiches that were offered weren't available this morning. That was Mars's fault, they had gotten hungry and opted to just eat the ham, bacon, and egg off them making them unsellable. "Also what's the name for the order?"

For now, they'll treat this as if it were another other customer interaction.

"Medium," The professor said as he looked at the disappointing cabinet. There were still different pastries on displayed, but most were the plain common ones you'd see at any coffee shop. Croissants and different types of sweet bread, but is seemed that none inspired Morgan. The man ignored Mars question about food, enough to let them know that nothing was wanted, "And it's Haywood."

"Alrighty, Haywood," They said as they input the order onto the screen, "a medium black coffee. That'll be $4. If you could sign and select a tip for me that'll be appreciated." Mars turned the screen over to the professor as they grabbed a medium cup attaching a sticker to the side that said the simple order. They couldn't help but notice how Haywood didn't say anything and stared at them as they did their job. If it wasn't apparent before, Haywood 100% knew that Mars wasn't human. Mars walked across the coffee bar and filled the cup before putting a lid on it making their way back over. It seemed that no one else had enter the café. "You're in luck, this is a fresh batch." They said as they handed the cup to Haywood looking him in the eyes daring the other man to say something to them as the receipt printed.

"Splendid," Haywood said as he threw a ten dollar bill on the counter, he must have taken the bill from his wallet when Mars was busy making the order. Then the man broke eye contact when he closed his eyes, as if he was concentrating on something. It was only for a few seconds before he opened them again but the results were instant. At once, the remaining customers in the café all went silent and stood up in sync. With their coffee in tow, they quietly left the café in unison causing the door to ding twice, once when it was open and another when the door was closed. Now, the two stood alone in the space with the only other sound being soft music and coffee machines. A normal person would be scared after something like this happened and were left alone with a man who held power, but it didn't for Mars. It confirmed Mars's suspicions about the man and gave them enough information to understand that Haywood's powers were that of the mind. If they had to guess it was some form of mind control maybe even telekinesis, but they had a feeling that there was more to it then just that. Haywood radiated power and it wouldn't be something that simple.

"Fresh coffee and some much-needed privacy..." The man was unfazed by what happened and preceded to tare the receipt free from the printing machine to read it over searching for a name, "... Mars? Is that an alias?" The nice thing about the now empty café, Mars didn't have to wait for a break. They could just take one now they reached over the counter and grabbed a packet of boiled eggs. It wasn't a hard form to hold, but that didn't mean they weren't hungry. They were always hungry. "Not really," They said as they tore open the package and turn it to offer Haywood an egg "It's a name I gave myself." There wasn't any reason to lie so Mars told the truth because, sometimes, when you tell the truth another truth is told back. "You know, if you asked to speak to me alone I probably would have obliged. Either way it's too late now." They leaned against the counter as they freed a strap from the right side of their mask, letting it hang off one ear. Afterwards, they took a bite out of the egg. They were a bit arrogant about the situation, they doubted Haywood would harm them. It'd look bad on Haywood if he killed Mars anyhow, "So what do you want?"

Last edited:
Interacting with: AI10100 AI10100 KnightSpectra KnightSpectra
Mentions: Simon Strut Simon Strut

Ernest sighed at Naomi’s comment, turning back to breakfast preparations. “Figures...” he muttered, plating various side dishes. “Alright, we have beef sausage, vegetarian sausage, turkey bacon, beef bacon, house salad, and shredded hashbrowns.” he placed several plates stacked high with food on the table. “And those are serving plates, please don’t eat off them.” he gave Naomi a pointed look.

He remembered the last time he made the family- the institute a good breakfast. Apparently, half of them didn’t know what serving plates were. He smiled. He had very few good memories, very few, but that was one of them. After he had initially gotten over being pissed off, it was a memory he often recalled with delight.

He smiled again, taking his cup of coffee and sitting down at the table.

—————————————

Thomas only shrugged at Naomi’s question. “I wanted to make breakfast since I was up early...but Mister Jello Bones over there decided to get up five hours early.” he muttered, sitting up straighter in his chair. He hated having his schedule disrupted, and he hated not being able to help. If his power was so useless, so cowardly and so unused, he had to help out wherever he could.

“Speaking of adults, when is Miss Yates coming by?” he asked, looking over to the clock. “She’s supposed to be here this week, right? To check on how the school is doing?”

—————————————

Edith Yates was moments away from strangling the annoying, uncooperative, stuck-up CEO on the other line.“I don’t know what you mean by ‘cutting off our business deal’, Mr. Terrence, because last I checked- I am the only one keeping your company afloat. You own several of stocks in my company, I am your main source of income. You thrive off our trade agreement. Now, if you’d like to sink to the lowest ranks of our industry, I’d suggest that you cancel our deal. But if you want to keep running your second-rate, sorry excuse for a construction company, you’ll shut your pie hole!” she slammed her work phone down, slinging her bag over her shoulder.

“I’m leaving, Sheila. Can you cancel the rest of my meetings for today and reschedule my yoga class for tomorrow?” she stopped by her secretary’s desk. The younger woman flashed a genuine smile. “Can do, Boss Lady!” and Edith couldn’t help but laugh. “Thank you, Sheila. You’re such a dear.”

“Now, let’s go see how the school is doing.”

Mari Ashton
Mentions: Walliver Walliver

Mari was awakened by the sound of bells ripping her from her slumber. She stared up blankly at the ceiling as she momentarily forgot where she was. It was only a few moments after that she had finally regained her memory of being in this happy go lucky con job. That what it had to be, right? There was no way this place, this veritable paradise for mutants could be real, right? There had to be something to it, something to their safety that let it be easily taken and exploited. Mari paused in her cynical introspection. That was the breakfast bell. Despite everything, the food here was great.

In about 20 minutes Mari was and felt a lot more presentable than 20 minutes ago, though the grogginess could still be seen on her face. She walked, then frowned at herself. Her footfalls were loud after all, more akin to stomping than anything else. Annoying, compared to many of the other mutants she had seen here who could easily pass for a normal human if they had simply laid low. Still, nothing she could do about it, unless she wanted to tip toe to breakfast.

Mari entered the dining area to find it as lively as ever, much to her chagrin. She found it easiest to be annoyed by everyone's attitude on principal, as such, she walks on through, a flippant expression on her face as she walked straight to the food with a thudding march following her. She had to hand it to this old dude, he could cook. After the first night she had shown at least some respect by not stuffing her face with whatever she could get her hands on, instead, opting to simply take a little bit of everything.

But now came the hard part, actually sitting somewhere. Mari wasn't actually friends with anyone, so it would be awkward at best sitting near anyone. "Screw it..." She muttered under her breath deciding to take the farthest seat away from everyone else at the table and immediately dig into her food.

NAOMI REVILLE
Interacting with: KnightSpectra KnightSpectra Walliver Walliver MazaInferno MazaInferno

Out of the darkness of Thomas's shadow, Kiara suddenly materialized. Naomi jumped out of her skin and she placed a hand over her heart. "Yeah, hah, good morning Kiara. Busy morning for you too?" She asked before gesturing to one of the chairs to invite her to sit down for breakfast with all of them. "Glad you could drop by for breakfast." She wouldn't say that they always managed to all eat together, especially with Morgan's case, and it was always a joy to have most of the students around the dining table.

Naomi stuck her tongue out at Ernest. "It was one time!" She complained, knowing that the comment had been targetted at her in particular. Besides, the food looked too good and she just wanted to take a taste before choosing which ones she was settling with. Ernest had been particularly upset after that and Naomi tiptoed around him for a while as he cooled down. "Man Ernest, you're really spoiling us this time around." She whistled as her eyes darted around each plate of food, already planning out how she was going to eat as much as she could. "We celebrating something or are you just in a good mood?"

She turned to Thomas, reaching out to pat his back. Naomi had always been big on physical contact with her friends and family and even after finding out how Thomas used his power, Naomi never thought of holding back with him. "There, there. Ernest finessed you this time but you'll get to the kitchen first next time. I just know it." With that encouraging statement, Naomi turned back to the food and began to collect some onto her plate. She took plenty of each, except the vegetarian sausage she was still adjusting to its dry texture and sat back down.

"Miss CEO is dropping by? Man, this day just gets better and better, isn't it?" Naomi said with a pleased sigh. She sometimes came with gifts which were always good. Sometimes, so very seldomly, Naomi might even recieve something her parents decided to send through Miss Yates. It's how Naomi knew that they were still alive. That they hadn't been caught. Naomi held out hope that her friends never sold her out.

The thumps that indicated Mari was coming made Naomi look over. Despite the usual grumpy attitude portrayed by Mari, she raised a hand.
"Morning Mari!" Naomi remained undeterred as she turned back to eating her food.

Anastasia Psaras
Town streets
Anastasia finally made it to the ground, sliding down a drain pipe. The space between the building in the path back to the school where too far apart to maintain momentum. She did not mind, she was getting a little sick of the rooftop and didnt mind doing a little people watch. She raised her hood over head out of habit and placed her hand in her pockets as she walked among the commuter crowd going to and fro about the business. In the long quiet days, she had enjoyed watching people go about, guessing where they were going and making up stories about them. It was also a good chance to search for potential marks to steal from. The variety and number of people about in this town was not the same as the big city but she could imagine herself able to spend some time people watch. Pity she did not have the time.

Something though made her pause, a male figure looking not unlike her with his hands in a gap jumper with hoody raised walking briskly towards a woman window shopping at a nearby store. His manner and purpose of his walk screamed at Anastasia of his intentions, she had seen enough times to know when a thief was making a move for a purse. She picked up her pace and tried to catch up with the wood be thief. Though she quickly knew she would be too late.

Her pace turned into a run when the thief snatched the woman's bag and rushed ahead. Pure amateur, the woman had a good grip on the back meaning there was a brief struggle enough to draw attention and for the woman to take a good look at him before she was thrown back. Anastasia bridged the gap quickly, even if they both had to navigate the filled streets, and almost had him before he turned down an alleyway. However, that worked to her favour as there was noone to see the pair of them. She flicked a quick bolt of electricity, kitting the man square on the back. The man tensed up as the electricity searched through his system, cutting of a cry of pain mid-release before he dropped and groaned.

"Oh how clumsy of you, you must be careful in such streets you never know what you can get tripped over by." She said giving him a kick before he could speak. "Amateur pure amateur. You dont deserve this." She said reaching down and snatching the bag from him and walking away. She could not help riffle through the bag out of curiosity, finding a few notes and a rather expensive bottle of perfume. She slipped a couple of noted and the bottle before hid them in her pocket before making her way out the alley and returned the bag to the owner. She quickly accepted a thank and moved on, trusting in the fact that any missing item would be blamed on the thief before she was considered as the culprit. By then she would be long gone.

Florence Avery
- She/Her -
Tags: Walliver Walliver AI10100 AI10100 ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki MazaInferno MazaInferno KnightSpectra KnightSpectra

She rubbed her temple as she woke up from her journal. Florence didn't remember falling asleep, it wasn't a surprise to her though. She knew that it was unlikely that she'd be able to stay up all night and note which plants were thriving. With a heavy yawn she rose and got ready for the day. On the way out of her room she grabbed a plant of basil that had been growing for the past month. It was a gift for the kitchen and hopefully it would be cherished and well taken care for. She had a feeling though the responsibility would still land on her shoulders but she didn't mind. Florence was never the one for cooking. She despised the kitchen and would rather die than make a decent meal, needless to say, she was grateful that responsibility fell onto either one of the student's or onto Ernest. And this was the way she was going to show her gratitude.

The kitchen was already lively, most of the students were already there filling their bellies. Morgan was gone but that wasn't unusual. He must have business elsewhere. She stood at the door frame as she watch the group banter and talk before walking in and placing the plant and the table. "Good morning," She said as she grabbed a plate and decorated it with the spread of food, "How did everyone sleep? And does anyone know where Anastasia ran off too? If she isn't back soon she'll miss breakfast." It wasn't uncommon for anyone to run off. The students were kids and most of them struggled to stay put at the school for long. Often times, they were out running around honing their powers which Florence didn't have a problem with. What she did have a problem with was how easy it was to tell that they had ran off to cause trouble. Hell, she could see the spray paint on Kiara's fingers.

"So, what is on the agenda today? Will I be seeing anyone at my office?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back